PDA

View Full Version : my 4 year old son karting

faine68
24th November 2009, 20:40
hi dont know if anyone is interested but here is a clip of my 4 year old karting

Please i have no big plans for him to be the next lewis hamilton etc we both go every sunday and enjoy spending "quality" time together he been going for 3months now and at the moment loves it think he enjoys his packed lunch more though !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYzfUp-al0o

thanks for looking

Jag_Warrior
24th November 2009, 21:12
That was actually fun to watch. I assume your son was the one leading? He had some nice moves to prevent the other kid from getting around him. And when he used that other kid as a pick, and gained a bigger lead, that was good too. Nice instincts.

faine68
24th November 2009, 21:22
thanks glad you enjoyed it and yes he drives kart#55 to be honest when we go there is usually about 7 kids from 4 to 7 and it is more entertaining than alot of motorsport (especially the gran prix !) and they all have no fear

Jag_Warrior
24th November 2009, 22:09
Especially at that age, all of the kids in the clip demonstrated good talent and instincts. To be honest, at 4, it's pretty amazing that they make the moves they do. And yeah, it is entertaining to watch. Watching things like that makes me wish I had a Lil Jag_Warrior to take to the track.

MrJan
25th November 2009, 12:49
I enjoyed watching that. Your lad seems to have good awareness for a youngun, knowledge of where to be on the track and how to stop others getting through (although some of those moves might mike Montoya wince :p : :D )

Good to know that you're just doing it for the enjoyment. Me and my dad enter a few sprints and have a great time even though the car isn't that competitive. The main thing is that we spend some good time together and enjoy ourselves (it's made easier by the fact that I keep beating him).

Sonic
25th November 2009, 13:53
Ahhh, I love those little bambino Karts! My sons gagging for a go, although he's got a few years to wait before he can have a go - got to be 6 at our local track.

faine68
26th November 2009, 07:05
Ahhh, I love those little bambino Karts! My sons gagging for a go, although he's got a few years to wait before he can have a go - got to be 6 at our local track.

we are really lucky our track is only 30 mins away and they have a seperate track as you can see if they are under 8 you have to sign them in saying you take full responsibility etc but its great as the pit area is all mixed so already they are around seasoned racers
would def reccomend the bambino zip kart and would also say go for a 2 stroke and dont know how young your little one is but we got ours well before he used it and had it in the garage for him and just got him used to been around it and that it wasnt a toy etc

Sonic
26th November 2009, 12:15
Ah right. You're owner drivers. Cool.

If my boys still interested in a few years I think I'll just do some arrive and drives with him to see if he likes it b4 getting him his own.