PDA

View Full Version : BBC Intro

WebberFTW123
19th November 2009, 21:54
To be honest here i think the BBC F1 intro was naff and was animated i would like to see more TV footage this year guys.

I even found one on youtube that was so much better!!! :eek:

Dave B
20th November 2009, 08:08
It wasn't great, was it? But at least it had The Chain and to be honest it was a trivial blip on otherwise excellent coverage. There's a whole thread about the BBC coverage somewhere if you fancy searching.

V12
20th November 2009, 09:58
Yeah I agree, I'd definitely like to see more actual TV footage rather than the animation, especially now they have a year's worth of it to call upon.

I'd also like to see The Chain used for the outro as well like it used to be.

Dave B
20th November 2009, 10:07
Can't agree with the last part: some of the closing music has been utterly inspired this year. From Jake's blog, I believe it's a VT editor called Sunil who chooses them.

Biffy Clyro's cover of Umbrella (ella, ella, ella; as I believe I'm now contractually bound to say) was a wonderfully understated end to the sodden Malysian GP, and if you were watching the red button forum after the final race you'd have heard Florence & the Machine's version of You Got the Love perfectly complementing the closing credits.

I love The Chain and it works perfectly as the intro, but he whole structure of the tune - building to a climax - renders it unsuitable for a closing theme in my very humble opinion. :)

Dr. Krogshöj
20th November 2009, 10:22
I would put it in the same category as the also animated Versus intro for IndyCar races. In the sucks category, that is. BBC should commission a decent intro from guy who does the end-of-season 'jaarclips' for the Dutch RTL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjLKBX23s0

UltimateDanGTR
20th November 2009, 16:24
music is great. that is the most important bit. although for sure, actual 09 footage would be great next year, as the animation is naff. and its also annoying how the put other sounds over the song, which is also annoying cos they dont work IMO. still, the beeb still do a great job

wedge
23rd November 2009, 22:41
I don't mind the animation but they used the lowest common denominator by promoting F1 as the greatest car chase in an urban environment

Mark
24th November 2009, 11:56
music is great. that is the most important bit. although for sure, actual 09 footage would be great next year, as the animation is naff. and its also annoying how the put other sounds over the song, which is also annoying cos they dont work IMO. still, the beeb still do a great job

The 2009 footage won't be very relevant in 2010. There's no reason why they can't have a different intro sequence to each race, consisting of a montage of clips from the races which have already taken place that year.

AndyL
24th November 2009, 15:03
I must admit I'm usually making a cup of tea whilst the intro is rolling so its makes little difference to me. The chain can stay though :)

I don't think I've ever even seen it. I never got out of the habit I got into during the ITV years: not turning the TV on until 2 minutes before the start of the race. Doesn't sound like I've been missing too much :)

Dave B
26th November 2009, 12:31
Incidentally, the pre-title sequence used in Australia has won an RTS award.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2009/11/award_for_bbc_f1_tv_coverage.html

11th May 2012, 19:36
Hi all users My name is Andrrew Damien and I am new user for this forum. I had visited this forum for first time and I'm really glad to say that I loved topics and discussion under it as there is lots of knowledge shared here.