PDA

View Full Version : Paul Di Resta will test for Force India

Andy Harrison
19th November 2009, 12:43
I just saw this article
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=124321&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

Di Resta's ambition is to become an F1 WDC lets hope he has more of an impact than Coulthard - it would be good to have another Scot on the grid ;)
Interview with Di Resta
http://grid1.tv/#browse/media_vault/drivers?id=1_95

Garry Walker
19th November 2009, 12:54
He is better than vettel, lets hope he gets a seat for next year. He truly deserves one.

gloomyDAY
19th November 2009, 16:54
About damn time!

He is better than vettel, lets hope he gets a seat for next year. He truly deserves one.lol

Why are you always after Vettel?
Seriously, do you secretly love the guy? :)

Di Resta does have an impressive resume, but so did Vettel. Also, how do you know Di Resta is better than Vettel? The Scot has been wasting his time in those hideous German cars while Vettel has been polishing his skills at the front of the F1 grid.

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 18:51
Oh come on you've got an Englishman with a Scottish name what more do you want!! :p

In all seriousness it would be nice to have another Scot out there, and lets hope he shows better pace than Tonio.. :)

Ah, Tonio's not that bad, if he had a full season I could almost guarantee he'd beat Sutil.

As a side note, diResta is very good.

Garry Walker
19th November 2009, 20:27
About damn time!

lol

Why are you always after Vettel?
Seriously, do you secretly love the guy? :) I love him as much as I would love to have blood coming from my anus.

Di Resta does have an impressive resume, but so did Vettel. Also, how do you know Di Resta is better than Vettel? The Scot has been wasting his time in those hideous German cars while Vettel has been polishing his skills at the front of the F1 grid.

Di Resta beat Vettel when they were in the same series and with the same cars. Since then Vettel has had more luck.

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 21:04
I know dude, I've always liked Tonio and it'll be a shame too if he's excluded from F1 next season. It would be nice to see another Brit get a drive from my perspective so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the boy and they'll be an ice cream waiting ;)

Yep. At least I now have a team to support in 2010 in McLaren. The more Brits the better. Let's hope Davidson or Adam Carroll can get into the mix too.

yodasarmpit
19th November 2009, 23:41
I hope this turns out well, would be great to see Paul in F1.

Andy Harrison
24th November 2009, 10:03
Another update on the Di Resta F1 test

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80327

Let's hope he impresses enough to gain a seat! Good Luck Paul!!!

CNR
24th November 2009, 11:08
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/2009-11-24-1281194697_x.htm

Hildebrand, 21, is the IndyLights series champion who becomes the first American to drive an F1 car since Scott Speed in 2007

Team US F1
no young usa driver with backing (money to pay for a drive)

Dave B
24th November 2009, 11:28
Hildebrand must have been on holiday the day USF1 looked at drivers :p

I am evil Homer
24th November 2009, 11:58
Either that or they forgot to write his name on a piece of paper before they dropped into Ken's hat.

Sleeper
24th November 2009, 21:55
^Probably more the fact that he's just not good enough for F1, just like all other American single seater drivers at a level above Formula Renault with some interest in coming over to this side of the pond.

Placid
24th November 2009, 23:58
Hildebrand must have been on holiday the day USF1 looked at drivers :p

He was a driver that he was not mention on the day USF1 officially enter
the 2010 grid. IF he get an F1 ride whether a test role or a race role ( in
a possible way), he may become the driver that got away.

Saint Devote
25th November 2009, 00:26
^Probably more the fact that he's just not good enough for F1, just like all other American single seater drivers at a level above Formula Renault with some interest in coming over to this side of the pond.

The only American driver currently looking good enough to progress and in 2010 to f3 is Josef Newgarten. He did extremely well against the British driver Cole this year.

Aside - Josh Hill, Damon's son appears to have good potential in ff and will continue there in 2010.

I just do not think that di Resta will be able to acquit himself properly in a one day test. And especially with so many drivers in single seaters currently who have acquitted themselves extremely well in Fr3.5 and GP2 and can bring money with them.

keysersoze
25th November 2009, 05:00

You need to brief yourself on the difference between a fact and an opinion before you post such garbage. :rolleyes:

Sleeper
26th November 2009, 00:49
You need to brief yourself on the difference between a fact and an opinion before you post such garbage. :rolleyes:
It might as well be fact since all these Euro dropouts keep wipeing the floor with the Americans in Indy Lights and Formula Atlantic. The only Americans at this level or higher that are good enough to make it in F1 dont seem too interested in making the jump.

Next time before you post do consider the fact that I do keep an eye on the US single seater "sceen" (or whats left off it in these post split days) and might actually know what I'm on about.

Sleeper
26th November 2009, 00:51
The only American driver currently looking good enough to progress and in 2010 to f3 is Josef Newgarten. He did extremely well against the British driver Cole this year.

Aside - Josh Hill, Damon's son appears to have good potential in ff and will continue there in 2010.

I just do not think that di Resta will be able to acquit himself properly in a one day test. And especially with so many drivers in single seaters currently who have acquitted themselves extremely well in Fr3.5 and GP2 and can bring money with them.

Newgarden looks extremely promising, first year in British FF and he wins the most races and is the only real threat to second year driver Cole.

vintage
26th November 2009, 02:52
"It might as well be fact since all these Euro dropouts keep wipeing the floor with the
Americans in Indy Lights and Formula Atlantic". WTF - US drivers won both series this year.

Saint Devote
26th November 2009, 03:53
"It might as well be fact since all these Euro dropouts keep wipeing the floor with the
Americans in Indy Lights and Formula Atlantic". WTF - US drivers won both series this year.

The Atlantic series was quirky because it was lost by the Swiss driver - whose name escapes me as a result of an accident I think.

The American series - really in the wilderness is the Indy Lights.

None of these series relates to anything in any other country. It would do far better service to American drivers if Formula Three was implemented.

And given that the US is across vast oceans - why not then hold a Masters type racing weekend with good money or one that links Macau, Zandvoort Masters with a F3 Masters event at Watkins Glen?

Then everyone would knows who is where in the big motor racing zoo.

This is a similar disadvantage di resta has - good showing in the DTM but judging his ability to transfer that to f1 is impossible.

A one day test is NOT going to do him any good in my view because he has been OUT of single seaters for a while now.

If di Resta was serious about f1 he should have sought to do GP2 in 2010 - but it would be a huge risk because it could torpedo his DTM career which is very bright and in GP2 he would be competing against drivers such as FR3.5 champion Jules Bianchi - probably the next French driver in f1 and MAYBE a Ferrari possibility.