PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher to Mercedes?

maximilian
18th November 2009, 18:15
When I was sitting on the toilet this morning, I suddenly had a vision that Michael Schumacher would be driving the second Mercedes next year!

When I opened this page after that, indeed there seems to be a rumor going around that this could be so. He quit his F1 advisory role with Ferrari earlier, Ferrari obviously isn't getting their 3rd car as they would have liked for MSchu, MSchu and wife are rumored to have fallen out about him wanting to go back to racing, and Mercedes claims there could be a "surprise" regarding the second seat.

So... anyone think that this could possibly happen? :confused:

ioan
18th November 2009, 18:17
Don't think so.
He's got a new 3 years contract as a Ferrari adviser.

maximilian
18th November 2009, 18:19
Don't think so.
He's got a new 3 years contract as a Ferrari adviser.
Kimi also had a contract to drive in 2010 ;)

ioan
18th November 2009, 18:23
Kimi also had a contract to drive in 2010 ;)

Yep but it was known for 2 years that he won't sit in a Ferrari F1 next season. ;)

woody2goody
18th November 2009, 18:59
Yep but it was known for 2 years that he won't sit in a Ferrari F1 next season. ;)

But he still had a contract.

Would it really be that unlikely for Michael to go to Brawn/Mercedes? Maybe that's why Button and Barrichello have been allowed to leave.

Seriously, I think it'll be Quick Nick :) however I'm sure it would make you (and most of us) happy if we could see Michael race again.

It would make up for having no Kimi anyway.

rabf1
18th November 2009, 19:23
He wants to race again. I think there is a strong chance of this.

Sonic
18th November 2009, 19:31
Well there are some things that make it possible; The Ross Brawn link, his desire to race, that statement from Mercedes GP.

But overall I would be very surprised to see him there. His blood is pure prancing horse now.

18th November 2009, 19:37
why not go back to his roots and give a little back. :)

Because he has seen the light!

pettersolberg29
18th November 2009, 19:41
I think, hope and pray it'll be Heidfeld. But Haug said there may be a 'surprise' and if there's one thing Nick isn't, it's suprising!
The only people really possible are Nick, Schumacher, Kobayashi and De La Rosa in my opinion. Out of them, only Nick and MS are good enough. Out of those two, Nick will be cheaper, easier to maintain and 100% fit all the time. MS will be pricey, possibly unfit and possibly not as good as he was.

F1boat
18th November 2009, 20:19
Michael? No way in hell.

18th November 2009, 20:29
He's seen the light has he?

Yes, in 1995, when he agreed to join the Scuderia.

Shame that some infidels still live in darkness, but that's your choice.

CNR
18th November 2009, 21:05
the michael to mercedes started tuesday the same day as this
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/245070/
Schumacher loses Ferrari F1 role (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/#)

Michael Schumacher will no longer be an advisor to Ferrari’s Formula One team, according to reports from Spain.
The seven-time world champion's sole role will be on developing its future road cars, rather than advising the F1 team, says sports daily Diario AS.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/154696/1/schumacher_to_quit_ferrari_f1_role_for_mercedes_gp _seat.html

According to reports in the media, Michael Schumacher's recently-renewed contract with Ferrari may not include any F1 duties – leading to wild speculation that the legendary record-breaking multiple world champion could be the 'surprise' to whom Norbert Haug refers in the new Mercedes Grand Prix driver line-up.

Valve Bounce
18th November 2009, 21:37
I would have thought MS would relish the challenge of advising a newish team. He accomplished everything he could at Ferrari and why not go back to his roots and give a little back. :)

That's interesting. When did SchM drive for Mercedes (his roots)?? :confused:

Koz
18th November 2009, 21:43
My dear god...

I did not expect to wake up to this!

Valve Bounce
18th November 2009, 21:44
My dear god...

I did not expect to wake up to this!

Wait, wait, wait!! He did say he was sitting on the toilet.

Koz
18th November 2009, 21:44

Merc paid Jordan to give Schumi a drive.

CNR
18th November 2009, 21:45
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/154696/1/schumacher_to_quit_ferrari_f1_role_for_mercedes_gp _seat.html

with Schumacher having effectively sprung to prominence with Mercedes in sportscars back at the turn of the 1990s

Koz
18th November 2009, 21:45
Wait, wait, wait!! He did say he was sitting on the toilet.

That's alright, if news media pay attention to him, I think I will too.

I had my fair share of visions in the last two years :)

gm99
18th November 2009, 21:48

In the World Sportscar Championship back in the early 1990s (he was, along with Karl Wendlinger and Heinz-Harald Frentzen, part of the Mercedes Junior Team). Of course, if I remember correctly, Mercedes also paid for his F1 debut for Jordan at Spa.

K-Pu
18th November 2009, 22:02
I think, hope and pray it'll be Heidfeld. But Haug said there may be a 'surprise' and if there's one thing Nick isn't, it's suprising!
The only people really possible are Nick, Schumacher, Kobayashi and De La Rosa in my opinion. Out of them, only Nick and MS are good enough. Out of those two, Nick will be cheaper, easier to maintain and 100% fit all the time. MS will be pricey, possibly unfit and possibly not as good as he was.

De la Rosa... Now this would really be a surprise, and a good one!

I´ve always thought DLR deserves more than he got in F1, something similar to what happened with Alex Wurz. Getting a drive in Merc would be really surprising, so surprising it´s almost impossible...

ioan
18th November 2009, 22:36
I would have thought MS would relish the challenge of advising a newish team. He accomplished everything he could at Ferrari and why not go back to his roots and give a little back. :)

What roots? His fathers karting track in Kerpen?
Give back what exactly?

ioan
18th November 2009, 22:38
MS will be pricey, possibly unfit and possibly not as good as he was.

And most probably not available.

ioan
18th November 2009, 22:39
Yes, in 1995, when he agreed to join the Scuderia.

Shame that some infidels still live in darkness, but that's your choice.

Well said. :)

ioan
18th November 2009, 22:40

Sportcars before F1. But they always regarded other drivers as better than him back then so I wonder why should he risk his reputation for them.

Valve Bounce
18th November 2009, 22:46
Merc paid Jordan to give Schumi a drive.
...and you call that going back to his roots? It's not like Eddie Jordan will be a principal of Team Mercedes Benz! :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
18th November 2009, 22:48
That's alright, if news media pay attention to him, I think I will too.

I had my fair share of visions in the last two years :)

And I suppose you're going to tell us your visions stink! :D :rotflmao:

Sorry!! the Devil made me do it. :(

Koz
18th November 2009, 23:22
And I suppose you're going to tell us your visions stink! :D :rotflmao:

I saw stinky Russian tanks rolling through borders... Two weeks later the South Ossetia War makes it come true. :p

Valve Bounce
18th November 2009, 23:34
I saw stinky Russian tanks rolling through borders... Two weeks later the South Ossetia War makes it come true. :p

I sincerely hope that you weren't sitting on the toilet at the time. I better stop this and stick to the topic. :(

OK!! For many reasons, I'd lie to see SchM return to F1 IT he is still competitive; and I have no reason to believe he isn't. It really doesn't matter if he returns via Mercedes or Ferrari, although the seat many here would love to see him in would be in McLaren driving alongside Lewis Hamilton.

However, we now know that ain't gonna happen.

TMorel
19th November 2009, 07:48
I'd lie to see SchM return to F1

You'd lie?
It was bad enough McLaren/Lewis lying, and now you!?!?

Sonic
19th November 2009, 08:50
Some good arguments, both for and against a MS return (although I must say I was surprised to see Ioan so firmly on the against). I'll still be mighty stunned if Schu walks out next year wearing silver but for now I'll not sing my "never gonna happen song" and sit firmly on the fence. (How brave of me!)

Valve Bounce
19th November 2009, 08:54
When I refer to roots I refer to his early career, before he transformed into a god. I hope I have satisfied the hit and run trolls with their one line remarks.. :s mokin:

I can't remember what he was driving when he ran Mika into a concrete wall at Macau, but even then he certainly made his mark as an aggressive fast driver.

Valve Bounce
19th November 2009, 08:55
Some good arguments, both for and against a MS return (although I must say I was surprised to see Ioan so firmly on the against). I'll still be mighty stunned if Schu walks out next year wearing silver but for now I'll not sing my "never gonna happen song" and sit firmly on the fence. (How brave of me!)

I don't think ioan wants to see SchM in any car other than the Red ones.

Mark
19th November 2009, 08:56

That was exactly my first thought. He is originally a prodigy of Mercedes and it was expected that he would join F1 with Mercedes. But as we all know Gachot went mental, Schumi got the Jordan drive and things went from there instead.

555-04Q2
19th November 2009, 11:15
But he still had a contract.

Would it really be that unlikely for Michael to go to Brawn/Mercedes? Maybe that's why Button and Barrichello have been allowed to leave.

Seriously, I think it'll be Quick Nick :) however I'm sure it would make you (and most of us) happy if we could see Michael race again.

It would make up for having no Kimi anyway.

Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.

jens
19th November 2009, 12:18
M. Schumacher at Mercedes-Benz works team as a race driver in 2010? Please, let's talk about realistic things! Even Villeneuve's comeback is more realistic. :p :

19th November 2009, 15:38
Michael joined the "Junior" Mercedes-Benz WSC team in 1990, racing on 4 occasions for them before a full season in 1991.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/10/13/retrospective-gt-gt-schumacher-and-mercedes.aspx

Hardly his "roots". Willi Weber has those!

tec4
19th November 2009, 19:34
I totally agree :up:
Ever since he nearly made it back, people are assuming everytime theres a mention of his name in the same breath as F1, he's going to return. Theres no chance IMO. :)
Schumacher has moved to Ferrari Sportscar division, no longer consultant to Ferarri F1 team, after deciding that his neck injury is beyond repair for much faster 2010 F1 racing.

ioan
19th November 2009, 19:39
I'm struggling to see what point you are trying to make :confused:

That MS' neck injury isn't allowing him to drive F1 cars in anger anymore. It's elementary dear Watson.

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 20:13
I thought they said once he gave it 6 months to heal, that he would be ok to drive F1 cars again. That was in August wasn't it? So I wouldn't rule it out completely.

That doesn't mean I think it's likely though.

Garry Walker
19th November 2009, 20:29
Wont happen.
He will be 41 when next season starts. Just a bit too old.

tec4
19th November 2009, 20:37
Pro: Loves to race, even Karts
Con:
1. Neck injury
2. No Brawn and Todt advantage
3. Not the Schumi-Ferrari team

Actually, surprised that he attempted a comeback, but always a racer, I guess.

tec4
19th November 2009, 20:41
Michael regularly wins TODAY, against any age group in ROC, Karting, just not where G force is a neck problem.

maximilian
19th November 2009, 21:21
I dunno, he has always been a real fitness nut, and I wouldn't put it past him that he'd be almost as fit as he used to be, or at least well "younger" than his age in that respect. The biggest questionmark is the neck injury and whether it would be fully healed by now/until then.

Who knows, if there had always BEEN a Mercedes Werks Team in F1, he may have never gone to Ferrari in the first place ;)

woody2goody
19th November 2009, 22:48
For those who think 41 is too old, there are many examples of sportsmen who are still excellent despite their advanced years:

Randy Couture, 46, Mixed Martial Arts,
Chris Chelios, 48, Ice Hockey,
Randy Johnson, 45, Baseball
Brad Friedel, 38, Football,
Chandra Stirrup, 38, 100m sprinter
David James, 39, Football
Brett Favre, 40, American Football
Kurt Angle, 40, Professional Wrestling (yes it counts),
Mark Martin, 50, NASCAR
Dave 'Fit' Finlay, 51, Professional Wrestling

Not only are these guys competing, in most cases they are at the top of their game, especially Martin, Angle, Favre and Friedel.

I could have picked guys who were a lot older, such as Greg Norman, Tom Watson, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan, but they aren't as consistently good at their age as the people on my list.

Michael Schumacher is probably in better shape than nearly all of these guys (and girl) as well.

ShiftingGears
20th November 2009, 00:17
For those who think 41 is too old, there are many examples of sportsmen who are still excellent despite their advanced years:

Mark Martin, 50, NASCAR

Not only are these guys competing, in most cases they are at the top of their game, especially Martin, Angle, Favre and Friedel.

I could have picked guys who were a lot older, such as Greg Norman, Tom Watson, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan, but they aren't as consistently good at their age as the people on my list.

Michael Schumacher is probably in better shape than nearly all of these guys (and girl) as well.

No, professional wrestling does not count.

woody2goody
20th November 2009, 04:45
No, professional wrestling does not count.

Of course it does, wrestlers are some of the most talented athletes on the planet. They shouldn't be discounted just because pro wrestling isn't a proper sport.

Give me some good reasons why I shouldn't use these guys as examples.

raikk
20th November 2009, 07:43
Schumi is too busy driving for Tony Kart ;)

woody2goody
20th November 2009, 16:46
I think most F1 drivers would be deeply insulted if their own personal level of fitness was compared to sportsman in Baseball, Ice hockey, and Wrestling :p

Ok, Baseball fair enough, but Ice Hockey and Wrestling are two of the most physically demanding disciplines in the world.

Kimi Raikkonen, who plays Ice Hockey, was shattered after 45 seconds of play, that's how hard that is. Also, that was back in something like 03 when he was younger, so make of that what you will.

As for wrestling, well just find some on YouTube. Find some ROH wrestling, that will prove it to you :)

Triumph
20th November 2009, 17:15
When I was sitting on the toilet this morning, I suddenly had a vision that Michael Schumacher would be driving the second Mercedes next year!

I would have put this occurrence down to constipation, but it was obviously a premonition.

Having just watched the BBC interview with Eddie Jordan speculating about all this, I'm hoping that something becomes of it. It would be great to see Michael Schumacher back in F1.

Next season has a lot of potential for being a year to remember (like the last two years :p )!

woody2goody
20th November 2009, 17:39
If Schumacher comes back then great, I'll enjoy watching him once again. I've always hated wrestling, even when I was a kid. I've always had the opinion that its a bunch of steroid pumped blokes in tight lycra, acting out a very well choreographed fight scene. But since you suggested I take a look at ROH wrestling I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I viewed several vids including this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMCbArOXDU

And I'm afraid old boy that it has further cemented my view that wrestling is a load of balls. Sorry, I respect its a fav of yours but I still have the opinion that F1 drivers are fitter than these guys. Muscle isn't everything IMO.... Hope I haven't offended you old bean... :)

PS If EJ is right and MS does make a return then I'll love watching him against the current crop, but I'll reserve judgement on how he'll do.

That's fair enough, at least you respect the athleticism which is the most important thing. No offence taken, seriously. I'm happy you respected my opinion so much to see what I meant, so cheers.

However, Ice Hockey is extremely demanding on the body. I can't even skate, let alone play a game at the same time :D

woody2goody
20th November 2009, 17:43
I would have put this occurrence down to constipation, but it was obviously a premonition.

Having just watched the BBC interview with Eddie Jordan speculating about all this, I'm hoping that something becomes of it. It would be great to see Michael Schumacher back in F1.

Next season has a lot of potential for being a year to remember (like the last two years :p )!

Next year's going to be unreal. Four new teams, one re-branded (maybe 2), two world champions at McLaren, one champion and one championship quality driver at Ferrari, Schumacher maybe at Merc, maybe a resurgent Renault, and add Red Bull in with two excellent drivers. I can't think of how next year could be better.

Lennat
20th November 2009, 17:55
Next year's going to be unreal. Four new teams, one re-branded (maybe 2), two world champions at McLaren, one champion and one championship quality driver at Ferrari, Schumacher maybe at Merc, maybe a resurgent Renault, and add Red Bull in with two excellent drivers. I can't think of how next year could be better.

I sure haven't thought much about BMW or Toyota lately. :p

Triumph
20th November 2009, 18:16

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Bruno Senna racing next year. I hope he lives up to all the expectations.

Dzeidzei
20th November 2009, 18:57
Sources close to Willi Weber say that Niki Lauda has started extensive training. He´s flapping his ears all over Vienna.

Weber also denies rumours of Michael Schumacher returning to formula one. The comeback is scheduled for 2018.

Nikki Katz
20th November 2009, 18:57
Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Bruno Senna racing next year. I hope he lives up to all the expectations.
Hmm, I'm not going to say he's not good because he is good and is much better than some of the other possible driver names that have been flying around. But he's no Hamilton, I'd put him more on par with Piquet and Grosjean.

maximilian
20th November 2009, 19:22
Sources close to Willi Weber say that Niki Lauda has started extensive training. He´s flapping his ears all over Vienna.

Weber also denies rumours of Michael Schumacher returning to formula one. The comeback is scheduled for 2018.
That's an obvious false report! Niki doesn't HAVE ears!! :D

ioan
20th November 2009, 21:16

Mark Martin, 50, NASCAR

Half of them are under 41 and one is a professional 'actor'. ;)

ioan
20th November 2009, 21:18

Better rules could help a lot. ;)

Valve Bounce
21st November 2009, 00:49
Half of them are under 41 and one is a professional 'actor'. ;)

Nevre mind! just think back to Fangio and Nigel. But I hope you are seated and firmly strapped in your seat belt before going to the other thread.

maximilian
21st November 2009, 01:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

It seems to be gaining momentum! Could my toilet have oracle powers?

I just hope that blowing this possible story wide open in the media doesn't hurt the efforts to make it happen...

Roamy
21st November 2009, 07:13
Well the only possible way you will ever see MS back in F1 next year is if TAD moves from Renault to Brawn. So all you have to do is check on TAD's whereabouts and you will know if you have a chance to see MS.

Valve Bounce
21st November 2009, 08:21
Well the only possible way you will ever see MS back in F1 next year is if TAD moves from Renault to Brawn. So all you have to do is check on TAD's whereabouts and you will know if you have a chance to see MS.

And you will keep us informed and up to date, won't you. Ta !!

markabilly
21st November 2009, 14:07

Mark Martin, 50, NASCAR

And there was Nolan Ryan throwing fast balls at 100mph, no hitters, one hitters and such when he was 45 to 46 years old.....and beating the snot out of one hitter 25 years younger than him who charged the mound while Nolan was pitching

but with the neck, as I said before, MS will 99% most likely never return to F1 racing......And ferrari is paying him many $$$$$$$$$$$$ to ensure that will not happen, so to be able to claim his legacy as a ferrari driver....

BUT rumor had it that he nearly went to work for mac because of mercedes connection around 1999, but apparenatly he decided that he did not want to put up with Ronnie Dennis (although the excuse was sponsorhip issues.....) But now that it ain't Mac, but Merc and Brawn, well ???????????

Roamy
21st November 2009, 16:33
And you will keep us informed and up to date, won't you. Ta !!

you can bet your sweet schumacher on it !!!!

markabilly
22nd November 2009, 02:00
So EJ thinks it may happen?????http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

Hummm...another rumor is that MS just resigned from Ferrari road car whatever and all......cleaned out his desk and took his helmet with him.... :eek:

maximilian
22nd November 2009, 02:09
So EJ thinks it may happen?????http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

Hummm...another rumor is that MS just resigned from Ferrari road car whatever and all......cleaned out his desk and took his helmet with him.... :eek:
Really? Where did you hear that, or did you just START the rumor? I shall ask my toilet tomorrow morning! :D

markabilly
22nd November 2009, 02:58
Really? Where did you hear that, or did you just START the rumor? I shall ask my toilet tomorrow morning! :D
I want to say start a rumore......but....
"But I understand he was due to meet Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo with a view to being released."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/22/2749772.htm

maximilian
22nd November 2009, 04:35
Right, but doesn't say a word about his desk or his helmet ;) yet?

Garry Walker
22nd November 2009, 13:52
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

It seems to be gaining momentum! Could my toilet have oracle powers?

I just hope that blowing this possible story wide open in the media doesn't hurt the efforts to make it happen...
Eddie Jordan is an idiot and his views should be laughed at and mocked, not be taken seriously. That BBC quotes him, speaks very much about their credibility regarding F1.

maximilian
22nd November 2009, 14:12
Eddie Jordan is an idiot and his views should be laughed at and mocked, not be taken seriously. That BBC quotes him, speaks very much about their credibility regarding F1.
That was unfortunately also my first thought when I saw the article... I kept desperately looking for something OTHER source of this information than EJ-hearsay... :rolleyes:

Saint Devote
22nd November 2009, 18:29

He may be wrong and even rub too many people up the wrong way - but so what, there are too many people in the world that have no backbone and will never risk anything, but he is also no idiot and mocking him is shows disrespect for his accomplishments.

He is someone that fought his way up the motor racing ladder to a point where his team took on all and won grands prix and finished second in the world championship.

Eddie Jordan is old school, he gave chances to drivers such as Barrichello and Schumacher and if any of the new racing teams can match his achievements they will have surpassed expectations.

PSfan
22nd November 2009, 20:48

:up:

BBC should have sacked him after the "my inside sources tell me that Massa will be just fine" comments. Jordan is an insult to F1 and should have his mouth duct taped shut, or better yet he should be sent to mythbusters so they can use him in place of Buster to disprove the myth that a driver will be fine after being hit by a 2lb spring at 150mph.

woody2goody
22nd November 2009, 21:53
He may be wrong and even rub too many people up the wrong way - but so what, there are too many people in the world that have no backbone and will never risk anything, but he is also no idiot and mocking him is shows disrespect for his accomplishments.

He is someone that fought his way up the motor racing ladder to a point where his team took on all and won grands prix and finished second in the world championship.

Eddie Jordan is old school, he gave chances to drivers such as Barrichello and Schumacher and if any of the new racing teams can match his achievements they will have surpassed expectations.

Well, he knows Michael Schumacher, Ross Brawn and Norbert Haug a hell of a lot better than we all do.

Who are we to question his knowledge?

Saint Devote
22nd November 2009, 22:10

Well, he knows Michael Schumacher, Ross Brawn and Norbert Haug a hell of a lot better than we all do.

Anyone is open to question, that is not the issue. It is the vitriolic way and ad hominen attacks which should cease, together with crazy calls for "firing" and so on.

Anyone who has followed motor racing for long enough know how what he is like and how he has always been.

I do not watch BBC coverage but as far as I know he has not let any f-bombs out - yet!!! :D

ioan
22nd November 2009, 22:11

Maybe people with a brain do the questioning stuff often?!
Those without it just accept anything that is thrown to them.

curry
22nd November 2009, 22:57

And if were Michael, Ross or Norbert do you think you would tell EJ what is going on based on the fact that he loves to break so called factual stories.

This isn't a attack on EJ, I really don't care for him in a positive or negative way.

ArrowsFA1
23rd November 2009, 09:45
On that note, I was catching up with Motor Sport's podcasts (http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/category/audio-podcasts/) at the weekend and John Watson had a couple of things to say about EJ... :p

Saint Devote
23rd November 2009, 09:48
And Ross Brawn about a Schumacher return: There's nothing to it except a dream of the media.

First sensible utterances on the matter.

Garry Walker
23rd November 2009, 12:22

Ioan answered it already.

Eddie Jordan is supposed to have all this knowledge, but the way he presents himself and his views, it all reminds me more of someone who has a maximum IQ of 75 and many complexes.

Sonic
23rd November 2009, 17:16
What has always struck me as funny with MS is that from probably 2000/01 the question, "When's he going to retire" kept being asked. And almost as soon as he did step down the question "When's he going to make a comeback" started and has never really gone away.

Sonic
23rd November 2009, 18:28
You're probably correct - even though he'll be pushing 50!

24th November 2009, 16:23
On that note, I was catching up with Motor Sport's podcasts (http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/category/audio-podcasts/) at the weekend and John Watson had a couple of things to say about EJ... :p

Not to mention Kimi, Button and Nelson Piquet Jr!

Well worth a listen.

Lemmy-Boy
26th November 2009, 00:29

Eddie Jordan was able to build his team (at one time) to a viable F1 contender. In addition, his team was able to win a couple races and spent a mere fraction, as compared to Toyota F1.

Yes, his team fell sharply after Honda left but you still got to give the man RESPECT for winning a couple of races, along with his colorful personality. In addition, he's probably a lot more credible than many sources on this board.

ioan
26th November 2009, 17:57
Yes, his team fell sharply after Honda left ...

So he was pants as manager, enough said.

UltimateDanGTR
26th November 2009, 18:33
So he was pants as manager, enough said.

not necessarily. They had to put up with fords after the hondas because he probably couldnt afford anything more. and the fords were pretty weak back then.

so it doesnt matter how good a manager you are, if you havnt got the package then you are never going to do well.

you may argue 'he should've put together a better package then' but on the money his team were surviving on by that time, its no surprise the team fell from grace.

its not like football managment where the great managers can make average players into a great TEAM, a-la cloughie with notts forest in the 70s and alf ramsey with ipswich in the early 60s. (sorry for the football references anti-footballists)

if you have an average car, you aint gonna win ;)

26th November 2009, 18:40
its not like football managment where the great managers can make average players into a great TEAM, a-la cloughie with notts forest in the 70s and alf ramsey with ipswich in the early 60s. (sorry for the football references anti-footballists)

It's not the use of a football reference you need to apologise for.

I'd apologise for calling Cloughie's team "Notts Forest" if I were you.

It's Nottingham Forest....Notts are County.

UltimateDanGTR
26th November 2009, 19:08
It's not the use of a football reference you need to apologise for.

I'd apologise for calling Cloughie's team "Notts Forest" if I were you.

It's Nottingham Forest....Notts are County.

ok, sorry. Nottingham forest everyone.

im gonna hide in a corner in shame, i apologize forest and county fans! :D

ioan
26th November 2009, 20:16
not necessarily. They had to put up with fords after the hondas because he probably couldnt afford anything more. and the fords were pretty weak back then.

so it doesnt matter how good a manager you are, if you havnt got the package then you are never going to do well.

you may argue 'he should've put together a better package then' but on the money his team were surviving on by that time, its no surprise the team fell from grace.

if you have an average car, you aint gonna win ;)

There must be a reason why he didn't have enough money for a better engine, and I think that he just didn't cut it at management level.

UltimateDanGTR
26th November 2009, 20:17
There must be a reason why he didn't have enough money for a better engine, and I think that he just didn't cut it at management level.

at this point, we should just agree to disagree :)

Roamy
27th November 2009, 06:10
Ole one ear says he ain't coming back so take it to the bank

jens
27th November 2009, 18:36
Let's be serious for a moment - Schumacher will not come back. Some rumours in F1 circles are just empty rumours, based on absolutely zero evidence - created by a journalist from nothing to get some attention. And this rumour is exactly like that.

And yes, MS is too old. I don't see any point in his full-time comeback like I don't see any point in Villeneuve's comeback. Mansell after his comeback (at the age of 41) had decent quali-pace, but his racepace was quite unimpressive - he wasn't on top of his game in terms of physical fitness any more.

VkmSpouge
13th December 2009, 12:05
I hope Michael Schumacher doesn't come back, it would be a tremendous risk to take.

Sonic
13th December 2009, 12:09
Well Mr Fry has said there will be no word till January so we've got at least another month of the will he, won't he debate. Good times! :D

maximilian
13th December 2009, 16:14
I am also anxiously waiting to see whether my toilet was correct, or whether it is just full of sh*t! :D

Sonic
13th December 2009, 18:32
I am also anxiously waiting to see whether my toilet was correct, or whether it is just full of sh*t! :D

Ahhh, toilet humor. Is there anything better?

maximilian
13th December 2009, 18:37
Ahhh, toilet humor. Is there anything better?
I don't usually propagate it, but it's how this thread started! :p

Sonic
13th December 2009, 18:58
I don't usually propagate it, but it's how this thread started! :p

Happy days! :)

jens
14th December 2009, 17:40
Wow... finally I'm starting to believe that MS comeback might be real too!! But nonetheless I don't see any point in it, especially from Mercedes' point of view. I doubt 41-y-o M. Schumacher is better than the likes of Rosberg/Heidfeld any more, so I don't see, what is there to gain for MB (besides publicity).

Roamy
14th December 2009, 18:45
what you would rather have Heidfield over MS.

ioan
14th December 2009, 19:04
Wow... finally I'm starting to believe that MS comeback might be real too!! But nonetheless I don't see any point in it, especially from Mercedes' point of view. I doubt 41-y-o M. Schumacher is better than the likes of Rosberg/Heidfeld any more, so I don't see, what is there to gain for MB (besides publicity).

Having the all times best F1 driver in their cockpit is an opportunity Mercedes are grabbing with both hands right now, and I have to say I fully understand them.

Robinho
14th December 2009, 19:22
its looking more and more likely - no one is coming out and denying the rumours, some are propgating them further and now Luca has said Ferrari would not stand in the way and he would be released from his consultancy - i can't beleiev it yet but it could happen

Rollo
14th December 2009, 19:30
Usually Sport Bild is about as credible listening to a couple of uncles argue at Christmas lunch, but in this case they seem to think that an "in principle" agreement has been reached worth €7m.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorsport/formel1/2009/12/14/michael-schumi-schumacher/der-geheime-fahrplan-fuer-comeback-bei-mercedes.html
Denn entscheidend für ihn ist, beim Comeback nicht hinterherzufahren. Mercedes wird ihm rund 7 Millionen Euro Gehalt bieten, die locker über Sponsoren reinkommen.

ioan
14th December 2009, 19:58
Usually Sport Bild is about as credible listening to a couple of uncles argue at Christmas lunch, but in this case they seem to think that an "in principle" agreement has been reached worth €7m.[/i]

In fact Bild is generally not known a reliable source, but their sport news are an exception from the rule and usually spot on.

Jag_Warrior
14th December 2009, 20:26
So it's looking more likely that The Chin will be making a come back, eh? Ya know, as much as I came to dislike him, I'd really like to see him return and do (reasonably) well. ;)

Firstgear
14th December 2009, 21:18
I don't like it. JV lays all the groundwork and gets all the pieces lined up, and guys like Button & Schumacher just waltz in for the glory :mad: :p :

Seeing as all the old Ferrari gang are migrating/immigrating over to Mercedes, maybe they should just call the team Fer-cedes. That way, the next time the rules need bending, the acronym FIA (Fercedes International Assistance)still makes sense.

F1boat
15th December 2009, 07:29
Having the all times best F1 driver in their cockpit is an opportunity Mercedes are grabbing with both hands right now, and I have to say I fully understand them.

And I wouldn't be surprised if MS is still the best. In RoC and karts he is certainly impressive, hopefully he will be competitive in F1 again. If he returns, of course. And I believe that he will, I don't trust Bild, but James Allen and Andrew Benson also said that it's a done deal.

Valve Bounce
15th December 2009, 08:15
And I wouldn't be surprised if MS is still the best. In RoC and karts he is certainly impressive, hopefully he will be competitive in F1 again. If he returns, of course. And I believe that he will, I don't trust Bild, but James Allen and Andrew Benson also said that it's a done deal.

I don't think he will be the best or stand out as the best like he used to. BUT I think he will be up there with the best of them and the podium will not be a strange place for him when he returns.

555-04Q2
15th December 2009, 10:01
Man, I hope MS does come back to F1 :)

wedge
15th December 2009, 13:27

Schumi probably still owes M-B a favour.

His retirement was handled a badly during that day in Monza 2006.

It sees quite clear that Schumi has not lost his urge to drive an F1 car

Mark
15th December 2009, 13:32

Since they took him through the ranks to F1 and basically paid his way into the sport, only to see him go and drive for other teams. Then yes, I'd say he does!

Sonic
15th December 2009, 14:15
This just won't go away will it?

I'm off down the bookies to see what odds I can get on MS winning next year! :p

Garry Walker
15th December 2009, 15:21
He should do it, but only if his neck is 100% okay.
The stab in the back of Luca would just be icing on the cake, a great way to return the favour for 2006.

jens
15th December 2009, 17:21

His retirement was handled a badly during that day in Monza 2006.

It sees quite clear that Schumi has not lost his urge to drive an F1 car

If Schumacher wanted to continue racing in F1, he could have easily joined another team for 2007. Why take a 3-year-break before comeback? Doesn't make much sense especially in such age. :s

F1boat
15th December 2009, 19:38
The stab in the back of Luca would just be icing on the cake, a great way to return the favour for 2006.

Haha, imagine how astonished Luca would be if Ross and Michael beat his allmighty crimson empire :)

ioan
15th December 2009, 21:43
Since they took him through the ranks to F1 and basically paid his way into the sport, only to see him go and drive for other teams. Then yes, I'd say he does!

Well, yes they paid for his first race but they didn't offer him a seat back when he made his debut so I don't blame him for going with Benetton who wanted him straight away.

ioan
15th December 2009, 21:43

I agree.
I would be less thrilled if Jean Todt was still the Ferrari team boss, but I believe that Luca deserves a kick down there to deflate his ego.

F1boat
15th December 2009, 21:48
I agree.
I would be less thrilled if Jean Todt was still the Ferrari team boss, but I believe that Luca deserves a kick down there to deflate his ego.

Jean is above such things now :-)

15th December 2009, 21:52

"It was Weber's sole credit that Schumacher would be able to continue his career as his humble origins would not have allowed to come up with the funds for a season in the German F3 Championship. And, in his second season in the series, Schumacher duly won the title which propelled his career further. It was also thanks to connections of a close friend of Weber's to motorsport returnee Mercedes-Benz that Schumacher ended up in their Junior Team in Group C racing and later had the financial guarantees to back his Grand Prix debut in Spa in 1991 for Jordan Grand Prix"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willi_Weber

Sorry, but Willi Weber took Michael through the ranks to F1.

Mercedes-Benz stumped up £250,000 for the Jordan drive, that is all. They didn't fund Michael before 1990.

F1boat
15th December 2009, 21:53
"It was Weber's sole credit that Schumacher would be able to continue his career as his humble origins would not have allowed to come up with the funds for a season in the German F3 Championship. And, in his second season in the series, Schumacher duly won the title which propelled his career further. It was also thanks to connections of a close friend of Weber's to motorsport returnee Mercedes-Benz that Schumacher ended up in their Junior Team in Group C racing and later had the financial guarantees to back his Grand Prix debut in Spa in 1991 for Jordan Grand Prix"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willi_Weber

Sorry, but Willi Weber took Michael through the ranks to F1.

Mercedes-Benz stumped up £250,000 for the Jordan drive, that is all. They didn't fund Michael before 1990.

Wasn't MS driving for them in Le Mans?

15th December 2009, 21:59
Wasn't MS driving for them in Le Mans?

Yes, and he drove for them on four occasions in 1990. Mercedes-Benz chose Schumacher as part of their WSC "Junior Team" from 1990 until 1991.

But Mercedes-Benz did not fund him in Formula Ford in 1988 nor in Formula 3 on 1989 or 1990.

F1boat
15th December 2009, 22:01
Yes, and he drove for them on four occasions in 1990. Mercedes-Benz chose Schumacher as part of their WSC "Junior Team" from 1990 until 1991.

But Mercedes-Benz did not fund him in Formula Ford in 1988 nor in Formula 3 on 1989 or 1990.

Thanks for the info :)

CNR
16th December 2009, 11:15
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/irvine-on-schumacher-bike-racing-was-sheer-madness/9044.html

"He's been bored I think. Very, very bored and he's definitely up for it," Irvine said about the German ace's F1 comeback.

"I hope he comes back, it will be fantastic for F1."

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=82104

On Saturday night in Germany, the news that Michael might return was the first thing on and the Copenhagen climate talks was second."

wedge
16th December 2009, 12:52
If Schumacher wanted to continue racing in F1, he could have easily joined another team for 2007. Why take a 3-year-break before comeback? Doesn't make much sense especially in such age. :s

I think he wanted see how he could handle retirement.

The summer test, IMHO, was like and ignition switch and from that moment on he had those racing instincts come flooding back.

Sure he tested F1 cars but knowing that you will go back to racing must be a completely different feeling.

Garry Walker
16th December 2009, 21:37
I agree.

Indeed. Luca is an A$$hole of the highest order and who more perfect than Schumi to deliver such a blow.

Roamy
17th December 2009, 08:41
Indeed. Luca is an A$$hole of the highest order and who more perfect than Schumi to deliver such a blow.

I heard MS has a 3 yr contract with Luca and Luca says "He ain't going anywhere"

They have big car debuts this year and the main comp is Merc and they have spent 15 years nursing and cheating the Prix into fame and now he wants to move to the competition?

Dave B
17th December 2009, 12:01
I heard MS has a 3 yr contract with Luca and Luca says "He ain't going anywhere"

Luca says the exact opposite in this Autosport article (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80575)(and he should know, he was there when he said it):

"...No, not binding." The Italian added that Schumacher would have to split from Ferrari if he wanted to race for a rival company, but said there had been no approach from the German yet.

"It's clear that if he decides to take another road our agreement will no longer be valid, that is logical," di Montezemolo told the news agency. "You can't work with a competitor and with us at the same time."

Roamy
17th December 2009, 16:03
Well I guess Merc has offered him 20 mil so we will see. I would like to see if he can come back and beat Nico.

Giuseppe F1
17th December 2009, 17:13
Look what new road car MS was recently spotted in....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4dFes_RcTbE/SyeE_oOy8GI/AAAAAAAACuc/w0n0ckeiruk/s400/michael-schumacher-mercedes-14325238-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height= 349.jpg

Its gonna happen!

:)

I am evil Homer
17th December 2009, 17:24
A German buys a Merc....not that rare an occurance!

ioan
17th December 2009, 21:47

Contracts can be broken and the best example is Ferrari vs Raikkonen. ;)

Valve Bounce
18th December 2009, 08:27
A German buys a Merc....not that rare an occurance!

If Mercedes really want to impress, then they should offer SchM a 300SL Gullwing. That is the coolest, and I remember Sterling had one to drive around in.

ioan
18th December 2009, 17:25
If Mercedes really want to impress, then they should offer SchM a 300SL Gullwing. That is the coolest, and I remember Sterling had one to drive around in.

They will probably give him the new Mercedes Gullwing sportscar, what use would there be to advertise a 50 years old car?! ;)

Giuseppe F1
18th December 2009, 17:57
N E W D E V E L O P M E N T

Di Montezemolo has spoken to Michael personally yesterday (Weds) and MS tells him that he is very likely to sign with Mercedes GP so along with the leaks from Bernie and now Luca this week, I say this is all but certain to happen!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80623

Schumacher reveals comeback is close
By Tony Dodgins
Friday, December 18th 2009, 17:30 GMT

"Michael Schumacher has told Ferrari that there is a "very, very, very strong possibility" that he will race for Mercedes-Benz in Formula 1 next year, team president Luca di Montezemolo has revealed......

.....I hadn't spoken to him since Abu Dhabi but I spoke to him yesterday (Wednesday)," said di Montezemolo about Schumacher's Mercedes-Benz situation.

"He phoned me and he told me that there is a very, very, very strong possibility [of racing for Mercedes-Benz]. Having said that, it is not 100 percent decided. But that is what he said yesterday morning."

.....Di Montezemolo said that he believed that it was a 'new Schumacher' who was pursuing a future with Mercedes-Benz.

"The real Michael Schumacher always told me he would finish his career at Ferrari," he said. "Don't forget that when you start collaboration with a driver as long ago as we did with Michael, in 1995, over 14 years ago, you are also a friend.You can agree and disagree but you remain friends. I won't forget what he did for Ferrari and he won't forget what we did for him.".....

UltimateDanGTR
18th December 2009, 18:11
excellent. I really want this MS comeback, It would be good for F1 to have 4 champions on the grid. plus, it makes the 2010 Formula One World Championship even spicier....

Giuseppe F1
18th December 2009, 18:13
More on this latest development.....

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39698

gloomyDAY
18th December 2009, 19:18
Sweet! Definitely going to happen. *squeals like a schoolgirl*
Can't wait for next season.

Contracts can be broken and the best example is Ferrari vs Raikkonen. ;) ioan, buddy, I feel bad for you next season.

The driver you like least (Princesa Alonsita) is going to drive for the team you love most (Ferrari), and the driver that you love most (Mike) is going to drive for a team that you don't like (Brawn, err, I mean, Mercedes GP).

Who are you going to root for next season? Massa? :D

gloomyDAY
18th December 2009, 19:21
A German buys a Merc....not that rare an occurance!I think it signifies a lot. Under the contract that Mike has with Ferrari, he can only drive FIAT branded cars.

Giuseppe F1
18th December 2009, 19:37
Ive only just realised what we will have next year amongst all the many different exciting battles and duels in F1 2010 now.................. the return of Schumacher v Senna!!

Sonic
18th December 2009, 19:38
I think it signifies a lot. Under the contract that Mike has with Ferrari, he can only drive FIAT branded cars.

Just to play devils advocate - he's allowed to be a passenger?

Giuseppe F1
18th December 2009, 19:52
Just to play devils advocate - he's allowed to be a passenger?

In that photo, hes the driver - its a left hand drive car and hes getting out of the left side! :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4dFes_RcTbE/SyeE_oOy8GI/AAAAAAAACuc/w0n0ckeiruk/s400/michael-schumacher-mercedes-14325238-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height= 349.jpg

ioan
18th December 2009, 20:45
ioan, buddy, I feel bad for you next season.

You shouldn't, I feel great about next season.

The driver you like least (Princesa Alonsita) is going to drive for the team you love most (Ferrari),

Believe me it could have been a lot worse,like for example having cardboard champions like Button. :D

and the driver that you love most (Mike) is going to drive for a team that you don't like (Brawn, err, I mean, Mercedes GP).

I don't dislike Brawn, only the Button fanboys who are gone already! :D

Who are you going to root for next season? Massa? :D

Ferrari, Felipe and Michael as well as Sauber F1! Looks good, I don't understand why you don't like my prospects as F1 fan?!

Who are you going to support?!

ioan
18th December 2009, 20:47
In that photo, hes the driver - its a left hand drive car and hes getting out of the left side! :)

Exactly!
Looks like Sonic still believes that the Earth is flat and it ends at Skegness! :p

martinbalmer
18th December 2009, 21:11

But is the driver's door open, or, maybe, has he got out of the silver one? :p :

CNR
18th December 2009, 22:25
Ferrari wants Schumacher in third car in 2010 (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/08/ferrari-wants-schumacher-in-third-car-in-2010/) August 29, 2009
Q: his come back plan may have been underway for a while
could he had been the one that told ferrari that he will race in 2010 ?

Sonic
18th December 2009, 23:47
But is the driver's door open, or, maybe, has he got out of the silver one? :p :

Now that you mention it his arm is reaching for the silver ones handle! ;) :p

Ioan; I know the worlds not flat! But we are the centre of the universe and the sun orbits us. ;)

wedge
19th December 2009, 00:06

Looks more like the rear left passenger door

Feck, I'm turning into Hello reader

VkmSpouge
19th December 2009, 00:10
Of course Mercedes could pull a Toyota and sign Ralf Schumacher instead :p :

gloomyDAY
19th December 2009, 06:43
Who are you going to support?!Vettel.

Same as the last two seasons. I modified my sig just slightly to reflect my support.

Been a fan since his testing days at BMW. I always thought that one day Vettel would be the #1 driver for BMW, but things change. I'm certainly hopeful that Mercedes GP turns out to be successful. Maybe there could be another all-German team with Vettel and Mike.

Of course Mercedes could pull a Toyota and sign Ralf Schumacher instead :p :Noooooooooooooooooooo........Nooooooooooooooooooo ......Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

F1boat
19th December 2009, 07:11
Of course Mercedes could pull a Toyota and sign Ralf Schumacher instead :p :

Well he drives for them in DTM :)

Giuseppe F1
19th December 2009, 09:21
Looks more like the rear left passenger door

Feck, I'm turning into Hello reader

Not to sound pedantic but theres already a kids leg exiting the left rear passenger door if you look closely :) :) :)

ioan
19th December 2009, 11:19
Vettel.

Excellent prospect. :up:
How can it be that I forgot to add him to my list? :confused:

CNR
19th December 2009, 12:45
i think you will find he is standing next to an open door on the white car

http://i46.tinypic.com/ac6irr.jpg

maximilian
19th December 2009, 13:00
And that's Gerhard Berger on the right side! :D

wedge
19th December 2009, 14:09
Not to sound pedantic but theres already a kids leg exiting the left rear passenger door if you look closely :) :) :)

Probably sat next to the kids?

gloomyDAY
19th December 2009, 15:54
lol

I think we're reading way too much into this picture people.

Roamy
19th December 2009, 16:51
Just watch after the 1st of the year Tad Czapski will move from Renault to Merc.
Then you will know the Chin is coming back. These three make Tiger Woods look like the Pope

Sonic
19th December 2009, 17:42
lol

I think we're reading way too much into this picture people.

FACT! But then we are starved of anything more concreate so for now wild speculation will have to do!

Mia 01
21st December 2009, 16:49
Mercedes needs MS and so does F1 next year.

Saint Devote
22nd December 2009, 03:34
Just watch after the 1st of the year Tad Czapski will move from Renault to Merc.
Then you will know the Chin is coming back. These three make Tiger Woods look like the Pope

Woods was a member of the Hitler youth too??'
Not sure if your comment is a compliment or an indictment!!

Woods is definitely trash.

Saint Devote
22nd December 2009, 03:47
Mercedes needs MS and so does F1 next year.

I disagree. F1 has a tremendous breadth and depth of highest quality drivers.

Also, why go for Schumacher when they can hire Robert Kiubica? Give him a try in a GOOD car - he is turning into the new Jenson Button.

I am against retro in f1. Schumacher is the past and if he does return it looks cheezy. Why?

Mid-life crisis clutches to carmaker's marketing campaign! ugh!

Hondo
22nd December 2009, 04:16
I would rather see the return of a driver that had major success as opposed to the constant recycling of the likes of Trulli, Fisichella, Heidfeld, etc that put in the same mundane performances unless they are in the last year of their contract. Before the argument starts about " if they had a car capable of winning..." I would ask why the people that build cars capable of winning don't want to hire them.

F1boat
22nd December 2009, 07:24
I would rather see the return of a driver that had major success as opposed to the constant recycling of the likes of Trulli, Fisichella, Heidfeld, etc that put in the same mundane performances

Very well said!

ioan
22nd December 2009, 21:28
Also, why go for Schumacher when they can hire Robert Kiubica?

I can give you over 100 reasons for that.

paddocknews
22nd December 2009, 22:22
According to Bild, Michael Schumacher signed a 1 year contract with Mercedes yesterday worth €7m. More Details soon.

Nikki Katz
22nd December 2009, 23:43
The BBC have reported this too, though they've been a bit premature with this sort of thing in the past.

Alfa Fan
23rd December 2009, 00:11
The BBC have reported this too, though they've been a bit premature with this sort of thing in the past.

For example?

wedge
23rd December 2009, 00:12

Eddie Jordan started the ball rolling

Andrew Benson wrote it - ex Autosport. If you've read his blogs, he's pretty good with his hunches when referring to named and un-named sources.

Valve Bounce
23rd December 2009, 02:31
I disagree.

I am against retro in f1.

I think most of the members here don't care what you are for or against. We are just sick of you repeating stuff ad nauseum.

Valve Bounce
23rd December 2009, 02:41
Personally, I relish the thought of seeing SchM on the track battling with the likes of Rosberg (his team mate), Webber, Vettel, Massa and Alonso and of course Hamilton and Bunsen. This will really make next season much more interesting and give us something to look forward to and discuss.

Hondo
23rd December 2009, 05:58
I think most of the members here don't care what you are for or against. We are just sick of you repeating stuff ad nauseum.

"pompously arrogant" comes to mind, although I wasn't asked my opinion.

Hondo
23rd December 2009, 06:01
Personally, I relish the thought of seeing SchM on the track battling with the likes of Rosberg (his team mate), Webber, Vettel, Massa and Alonso and of course Hamilton and Bunsen. This will really make next season much more interesting and give us something to look forward to and discuss.

I agree and also hope the Cosworth has the power to allow their teams to run at the top if they can get their chassis dialed in.

CNR
23rd December 2009, 06:29
http://www.caradvice.com.au/51545/schumacher-to-return-for-mercedes-in-2010/

they need some one untill they can get vettel

Dave B
23rd December 2009, 07:50

Anything you'd like to add, gentlemen? :D

CNR
23rd December 2009, 08:17
it is on the news that he will drive next year

Valve Bounce
23rd December 2009, 08:24
it is on the news that he will drive next year

Yeah! mine too. Oh! crap!! maybe we're watching the same channel. :p :

paddocknews
23rd December 2009, 08:49
Mercedes GP to confirm its second driver in about two hours.

Mia 01
23rd December 2009, 09:10
Yup. It´s on our main channel here to in Sweden. He will race for Mercedes next year.

When Kimi left, I was on my way to but this will change my attitude to F1 again. From now on, I´m a Kimi and a MS fan.