PDA

View Full Version : All ur Kimi's are belong to us: Going to WRC?

Daniel
18th November 2009, 11:30
Kimi's going to go rallying :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8365967.stm

Wonder what his plans are? IRC or WRC?

I've cross posted this to the World Rallying forum so we can gloat over having the driver F1 doesn't want for some reason :)

Sonic
18th November 2009, 11:35
Bye Kimi! *waves*

Hartusvuori
18th November 2009, 11:42
Now that BBC is writing about it, it should be taken more seriously. Hopefully Kimi's WRC season would come true.

I am evil Homer
18th November 2009, 11:44
Except he loves rallying so much he wants to be back in F1 in 2011?

And Daniel I though Rallying was dead and buired...

Simmi
18th November 2009, 11:47
Well where will he end up? I think we just need to follow the money...

If he did get in bed with Petter and form a new team. Maybe Red Bull might move across to that squad?

Would be cool to conceivably have Kimi and Valentino rallying at the same rally next year.

Josti
18th November 2009, 11:49

Anything can happen during the course of a year, certain things can change. I like to see Kimi rallying, but I also like to see him driving an F1 car.

Tomi
18th November 2009, 11:54
He said a few weeks ago that he wont drive anything anywhere that's not competitive, also its difficult to belive that he would pay his own driving, my guess if there will be any serious approach, its either a 3rd Citroen or a 3rd Ford, both teams would be winners if they sign him, the media interest is very much different than it is on some rallydriver.

Daniel
18th November 2009, 11:58

And Daniel I though Rallying was dead and buired...
It is for the moment but I think with an added superstar and some changes it could be jumpstarted.

I also think that this is a one way move. Kimi won't get as much money to go rallying but if he does well I feel he could stay. I don't think you get back into F1 when you've left though

Eki
18th November 2009, 12:00
K
I've cross posted this
Spammer.

I am evil Homer
18th November 2009, 12:01
Oh I agree Daniel but I don't think this is the right move. He's got a massive pay off then asks for a big salary because he only wants to drive for a top team. He won't get a top team in WRC either.

In fact if he sticks with a the crappy Punto he won't do much in IRC either.

Simmi...why would Red Bull possibly move from Loeb/Citroen works team?

Tomi....if he want eithers Focus or C4 he'll have to pay for one (sure he has money ;) )but will be want to buy a car?

Sonic
18th November 2009, 12:02
I don't think you get back into F1 when you've left though

I don't think Prost, Lauda or Mansell (to name three) would agree with you there.

Daniel
18th November 2009, 12:08
I don't think Prost, Lauda or Mansell (to name three) would agree with you there.

I think we're talking a different era though.

Buzz Lightyear
18th November 2009, 12:09
Let Kimi replace Latvala at Ford....

ShiftingGears
18th November 2009, 12:12
Let Kimi replace Latvala at Ford....

Well, he'd learn from his mistakes quicker than Latvala would.

Doon
18th November 2009, 12:15
Oh I agree Daniel but I don't think this is the right move. He's got a massive pay off then asks for a big salary because he only wants to drive for a top team. He won't get a top team in WRC either.

Tomi....if he want eithers Focus or C4 he'll have to pay for one (sure he has money ;) )but will be want to buy a car?

I doubt he would have to pay to drive a 3rd works car, I know if I was Malcolm Wilson or Oliver Quesnel i'd be on the phone to his manager right now!!! The amount of cash he would bring in through sponsorship would far out way the cost of running a car for him for a season.

This is great news for rallying and hopefully the WRC! :)

Barreis
18th November 2009, 12:18
Bad move for Kimi..

Doon
18th November 2009, 12:20
Bad move for Kimi..

Why? He doesnt need anymore money...and he's only young so probably wants to have a bit of fun....or even try to become the first F1 and WRC champ!!!

Simmi
18th November 2009, 12:20

Some rumours coming out of Finland were that Red Bull might get in bed with Kimi. That doesn't mean to say they would leave Seb, but from the looks of it they feel they could get much more exposure from Kimi. Which they could.

Brand exposure in this case may not come from results in a one-horse race championship - but from being associated with one of the biggest names in motorsport. Doesn't say a lot about rallying does it. Maybe RB just think Kimi fits in with their 'brand identity'? Don't forget this is rallying. Where as long as you have money (no matter how it is sourced) you can walk into top machinery.

It's just rumours anyway. You can find it in the news and rumours thread.

Barreis
18th November 2009, 12:23
I know that he doesn't need more money but from top motorsport F1 mark to WRC known as a bad cow these days.. It's not good..

Rallyper
18th November 2009, 12:28
Bad move for Kimi..

Why?

Kimi is in the right direction, moving to rallying when rejected by the bosses of F1.

Tomorrow WRC will rule the motorsportworld! :p :

He also never will ask for money to drive next years WRC. He´d only want a competitive car and that would be att Ford or Citroen.

A comeback for Grönholm/Atko/Duval/Galli would be great!

Simmi
18th November 2009, 12:58
I know that he doesn't need more money but from top motorsport F1 mark to WRC known as a bad cow these days.. It's not good..

It depends what he wants for the remainder of his career. He has taken the sports highest prize, and now wants another challenge.

He could afford to have done nothing this year. It looks to me like he will pursue rallying, not because he is forced to, but because he wants to. He's been bitten by the bug.

I'm sure he will enjoy competing away from such media frenzy. He wont have to dodge questions on scandals in the WRC - because even if there were - no one cares enough.

F1boat
18th November 2009, 13:23
Is is not wiser to have first a year in the IRC?

bluuford
18th November 2009, 13:23
Yes, Estonian and Finnish sports press is writing half of its articles about Kimi and rallying. There is as much exposure as during the last rally in GB. And there are some talks indeed that Red Bull is interested in backing Kimi.
Someone told that Kimi is not WRC kind of open person. I think that is all about it. We need different personalities in WRC and Kimi would spice it up quite a lot :-) (in personalities market).

MJW
18th November 2009, 13:46
Is is not wiser to have first a year in the IRC?

Dont even consider IRC - its the World Rally Championship he needs to be in. I detect the tide is turning in the IRC /WRC situation with Abarth cutting back on IRC and apparently abandoning teh move to WRC. Kimi for wrc will be good. Imagine Mexico entry list, Kimi Raikkonen / Kai Lindstrom, Valentino Rossi / Carlo Cassina.......... good times are coming back.

N.O.T
18th November 2009, 13:51
the way kimi clips trees all the time its not going to be long before those tree hugging hippies start their campaign to stop rallying activities.

He can join the long list of nobodies in the wrc.....

bluuford
18th November 2009, 14:19
the way kimi clips trees all the time its not going to be long before those tree hugging hippies start their campaign to stop rallying activities.

Well, when he clips those trees that those hippies are hugging on that particular moment.. nothing else happens but those hippies become a part of surrounding greenery.

Daniel
18th November 2009, 14:34

Come on NOT.... let's not be silly. I think Kimi will do a decent job.

pino
18th November 2009, 14:45
Great move, good luck Kimi :up:

aryan
18th November 2009, 14:55
Great to see all these rally members on the F1 section of the forum.

Or is it F1 members on the rally section of the forum?? :-)

Anyway, I will be watching WRC for the first time in my life if Kimi's in it, and I will need lots of help from you guys to bring me up to speed with the rules and regulations of rallying.

JAM
18th November 2009, 14:59
Kimi could have a delicious year doing some rallies, being relaxed (on F1 is impossible), gaining experience, and bringing exposure to rallying.

The results in 2010 are not important

Rallyper
18th November 2009, 15:15

Anyway, I will be watching WRC for the first time in my life if Kimi's in it, and I will need lots of help from you guys to bring me up to speed with the rules and regulations of rallying.

I would be glad helping you. (You´ve got mail) ;)

J.Lindstroem
18th November 2009, 16:04

We will gladly be helping you!

UltimateDanGTR
18th November 2009, 16:24
I've been a huge fan of Kimi since his sauber days, and so when he joined macca it was a dream for me. I liked him less when he stole the title off a british rookie but i was pleased for him. i wish he could have got a merc drive, if only he wasnt too greedy as he is. yes, he has no personality out of the car but in the car he is sublime, and i will miss him.

Rallyper
18th November 2009, 16:52
According to Turun Sanomat (a finnish newspaper with swedish language) rumours says Citroen is eager to join Kimi next year in the WRC.

Could we see a pattern here? Red Bull + Citroen +Kimi = true?

ioan
18th November 2009, 18:07
His manager has assured the fans that this is only on a years basis...

Never believe a manager, especially if he's name is Robertson.

alexlake
18th November 2009, 18:21
cool, love Kimi so he has my backing

Dzeidzei
18th November 2009, 18:46
Yes, Estonian and Finnish sports press is writing half of its articles about Kimi and rallying. There is as much exposure as during the last rally in GB. And there are some talks indeed that Red Bull is interested in backing Kimi.
Someone told that Kimi is not WRC kind of open person. I think that is all about it. We need different personalities in WRC and Kimi would spice it up quite a lot :-) (in personalities market).

My bet is Citroen and a factory car beside Loeb. Kimis pr value for WRC will be immense. With all respect to the current drivers (all of them) Kimi will spice it up a lot.

As a fan I have mixed feelings. I think F1 still needs Kimi (or more top drivers in general) and its sad to see him go. And he will not come back, no way.

And itll be a thrill to see how he makes it in rallying.

Sulland
18th November 2009, 19:09
Then he will be taking Novikovs car for the Juniors I guess.

Barreis
18th November 2009, 19:23
That's how much worth is WRC..

F1boat
18th November 2009, 20:59
My bet is Citroen and a factory car beside Loeb. Kimis pr value for WRC will be immense. With all respect to the current drivers (all of them) Kimi will spice it up a lot.

And the WRC needs spicing...

Simmi
18th November 2009, 21:04
That's how much worth is WRC..

Maybe but I think to be honest Kimi could walk into any other series and have the same effect. It's not good he can put someone like Loeb in the shade but I see it as more of a product of F1's stature than anything.

But it does highlight the lack of heroes/icons in current day rallying. But you only become an icon through epic battles/title wins etc. And when competition is suffocated so much no such hero can be born.

Tomi
18th November 2009, 21:17
Maybe but I think to be honest Kimi could walk into any other series and have the same effect. It's not good he can put someone like Loeb in the shade but I see it as more of a product of F1's stature than anything.

But it does highlight the lack of heroes/icons in current day rallying. But you only become an icon through epic battles/title wins etc. And when competition is suffocated so much no such hero can be born.

easy to agree with your post, but its seldom that the best drivers are those who actually are the heroes or made icons by media.

Barreis
18th November 2009, 22:55
He's Finn and it's normally that goes for rallying after McLaren blow..

Brother John
19th November 2009, 06:42
easy to agree with your post, but its seldom that the best drivers are those who actually are the heroes or made icons by media.

:D :up:

Mark
19th November 2009, 09:34
Don't be so sure, he could end up at Mercedes yet.

Tomi
19th November 2009, 10:21

You are right, thats the most likely alternative sofar.

Simmi
19th November 2009, 11:30

Yeah thats what autosport are reporting today. Says Kimi needs to be convinced they are a team able to win the title next year. Unless he has some crystal ball I'd say this years double winners + large Mercedes backing would equal championship challengers.

It just depends whether they will pay his wages. Unless they can prize Vettel out of his contract I dont really know who that seat is going to if not Kimi. Rubens probably didn't even need to move!

I hope for rallying's sake he will give it a go. But quite possibly the whole thing was some agent/PR stunt to put him back in the limelight with regards to the drivers market.

Hartusvuori
19th November 2009, 12:09
Kimi comfirms the sabbatical at the official F1 site. (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/11/10229.html)

Hartusvuori
19th November 2009, 15:40
Kimi comfirms the sabbatical at the official F1 site. (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/11/10229.html)

Loistavaa tennistä... (http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/formula1/artikkeli/R%C3%A4ikk%C3%B6nen+neuvottelee+viel%C3%A4+Mercede s+Grand+Prixn+kanssa/1135250885855) (Finnish link)

Mercedes' Norbert Haug comfirms that Räikkönen's managers have contacted Mercedes GP in order to negotiate for a seat next season.

On-off-on-off-on-off - I've never followed Kimi's moves this closely - though my guess is Kimi have not moved at all, only the gossip that surrounds.

tec4
19th November 2009, 18:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yt-Bbqksa0&NR=1

Kimi to WRC? like previous ex-F1 drivers who ended career in DTM?

I think Kimi could win but WRC is so not F1, relying on navigator's race ending warning about extreme track camber change, dealing with all kinds of hostile weather and lack of track surface.

WRC, where without Caution flags, drivers and fans casually walk across the track to an accident, when at any second another racecar could crash into the first accident scene -- a VERY different definition of "safety"?

Koz
19th November 2009, 18:40
He might be in a C4 next year... And back with a drive in RB in 2011 or 2012.

He's just pulling a Lauda on us.... History repeats itself 30 years later :)

GallardoGT
20th November 2009, 10:56
Kimi is smart enough to make sensible decision for himself when he decides for WRC.

Most important is that he can enjoy a WRC season and learn from it the first year.

And when he ends in the top ten at the end the year 2010 it will be a bloody good job. It will taste for more and Kimi shall never go back to F1.

Daniel
20th November 2009, 11:02
Kimi is smart enough to make sensible decision for himself when he decides for WRC.

Most important is that he can enjoy a WRC season and learn from it the first year.

And when he ends in the top ten at the end the year 2010 it will be a bloody good job. It will taste for more and Kimi shall never go back to F1.

if Kimi does a full season in a proper spec WRCar he will easily finish in the top 10. Even people like Matthew Wilson and Conrad Rautenbach can finish in the top 10 over the season, that's how weak the series is at the moment. I think Kimi would be aiming for the top 5 at the end of the year and perhaps a podium or two if he was wanting to prove himself. Whether or not that's achievable or not is another thing but if he doesn't end up in the top 5 at the end then to me he's an also ran.

20th November 2009, 12:51
He might be in a C4 next year... And back with a drive in RB in 2011 or 2012.

He's just pulling a Lauda on us.... History repeats itself 30 years later :)

Except he isn't half the driver that Lauda was.

Koz
20th November 2009, 13:52
Except he isn't half the driver that Lauda was.

Right now, I don't know.

I have a feeling he will repeat history, but I just can't be sure if it will be Lauda or Hunt... I seriously hope it's not the latter...

Sometimes I just think he is doing all of this just to mimic Hunt...

GallardoGT
20th November 2009, 14:04
Yeah oké Daniel, top 5 can be a realistic target but to catch Henning will be difficult.

Hartusvuori
20th November 2009, 14:33
Henning?

Daniel
20th November 2009, 15:26
Henning?
You know, the guy that's famous for being the brother of that guy who is actually quite quick, Petter Solberg I think his name is ;)

Daniel
20th November 2009, 15:26
Yeah oké Daniel, top 5 can be a realistic target but to catch Henning will be difficult.
Henning isn't consistent enough.

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 15:42
First year there is no way Kimi could get top 5 overall.
Loeb, Sordo, Mikko, JML, Petter, Henning, possibly Atkinson if he's back, Ogier and Wilson would beat him if they stay out of trouble in my opinion.

There is nothing to suggest Kimi should be any better tahn Rossi, and Rossi has hardly wowed us in his few appearances!

Juha_Koo
20th November 2009, 15:45
First year there is no way Kimi could get top 5 overall.
Loeb, Sordo, Mikko, JML, Petter, Henning, possibly Atkinson if he's back, Ogier and Wilson would beat him if they stay out of trouble in my opinion.

There is nothing to suggest Kimi should be any better tahn Rossi, and Rossi has hardly wowed us in his few appearances!

Wilson beating Kimi? Lol, yeah, that's very amusing.

Kimi is a whole lot better than Rossi in my opinion. There were some rather interesting time comparisons made in one Finnish magazine after NORF about Kimi's pace with S2000.

Hartusvuori
20th November 2009, 15:46
You know, the guy that's famous for being the brother of that guy who is actually quite quick, Petter Solberg I think his name is ;)

Oh THAT MAN! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZgTRjNkik)

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 16:14
Wilson beating Kimi? Lol, yeah, that's very amusing.

Kimi is a whole lot better than Rossi in my opinion. There were some rather interesting time comparisons made in one Finnish magazine after NORF about Kimi's pace with S2000.

Wilson is rubbish, but at least he's a rubbish WRC driver.
Kimi may be good, but he's a good non-WRC driver. I know what I'd rather have in my team.

And I am ready to be proved wrong about Kimi's pace, but even if he gets a top WRC car, I think there is little chance of points unless a few others retire. He has little experience in stages and setups and is quite old for a beginner.

bluuford
20th November 2009, 17:21
Wilson is rubbish, but at least he's a rubbish WRC driver.
Kimi may be good, but he's a good non-WRC driver. I know what I'd rather have in my team.

And I am ready to be proved wrong about Kimi's pace, but even if he gets a top WRC car, I think there is little chance of points unless a few others retire. He has little experience in stages and setups and is quite old for a beginner.

Did you noticed that Kimi was third in GrN and third among S2000 cars in NORF. On the last stages, before going off in stage 19 he was faster than Alen and he was in front of Flodin. He was also on pace of Tuohino before his problems. Lets be honest, Fiat is not the best S2000 car on gravel but his result with that machine was remarkable. I think that he is way better than Rossi. I offer him top 8 in first rallies, top 5 in mid season and podium at the end fo season (on tarmac). But hopefully we will see it.
Discussion over :-)

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 17:26
Discussion not over! ;)

If he gets a podium in the WRC next year I will literally eat my hat, and have my socks for dinner with my shirt for supper. Honestly, no chance whatsoever. Beating Alen is about as impressive as beating my nan.

amilk
20th November 2009, 19:34
not forget that to drive WRC car is not the same than to drive S2000

request more experience in setup, speed, stages......

I was also impressed on Kimi's performance on NORF but podium not realistic for next year

pettersolberg29
20th November 2009, 19:42
Thank you amilk - a bit of sense!

Tomi
20th November 2009, 20:07
I dont think he could get on podium atleast not on gravel, but guys like henning and wilson should not be too difficult to match on tarmac and after a few events on gravel too.
Anyway it would be interesting to see how much a talented guy can develope his driving in 1 year.

Rallyper
20th November 2009, 20:15
Did you noticed that Kimi was third in GrN and third among S2000 cars in NORF. On the last stages, before going off in stage 19 he was faster than Alen and he was in front of Flodin. He was also on pace of Tuohino before his problems. Lets be honest, Fiat is not the best S2000 car on gravel but his result with that machine was remarkable. I think that he is way better than Rossi. I offer him top 8 in first rallies, top 5 in mid season and podium at the end fo season (on tarmac). But hopefully we will see it.
Discussion over :-)

Agree completely. And even if not, as some of you point out he´s gonna give WRC the boost which is needed for 2010!!

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2009, 13:03
Janne Tuohino will drive 7 rallies in WRC/S2000 Cup next season (http://www.jannetuohino.com/uutiset.php) with Fiesta S2000. It's a private team but car is M-sport built.

Doon
27th November 2009, 13:38
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=6559&desc=Raikkonen+close+to+Citroen+WRC+deal+

jens
27th November 2009, 19:01
By the way, what about those rumours that Kimi might earn twice as much as Loeb? :p : That's just plain unreal. If that happens, Robertson is a one hell of a genius - well, he already was by negotiating an incredible contract for Kimi at Ferrari.

RJM
27th November 2009, 19:25
It will seem strange that a finnish driver will be faster on tarmac than on gravel...

Tomi
27th November 2009, 20:21
By the way, what about those rumours that Kimi might earn twice as much as Loeb? :p : That's just plain unreal.

if the red bull rumours become reality its nothing strange about it if he get twice Loeb gets.

jens
27th November 2009, 20:25
if the red bull rumours become reality its nothing strange about it if he get twice Loeb gets.

Obviously a proof that marketability counts way-way more than driving skills. Although I wouldn't be too sure about the 'fame-factor' either, because Loeb isn't really a "lesser name" as he is basically in the status of legend in his own discipline. In any case - such outcome would be a crying unjust for Mr Loeb.

Tomi
27th November 2009, 20:32
Obviously a proof that marketability counts way-way more than driving skills. Although I wouldn't be too sure about the 'fame-factor' either, because Loeb isn't really a "lesser name" as he is basically in the status of legend in his own discipline. In any case - such outcome would be a crying unjust for Mr Loeb.

Not really, but contracts often has clausules, for instance its said he gets paid next year still salary from Ferrari, but what if there is a clausule that he looses the pay if he sign for some other F1 team, if redbull already has a deal with him they still can pay salary but not for the F1 but for rally, get it?

jens
27th November 2009, 20:53
Not really, but contracts often has clausules, for instance its said he gets paid next year still salary from Ferrari, but what if there is a clausule that he looses the pay if he sign for some other F1 team, if redbull already has a deal with him they still can pay salary but not for the F1 but for rally, get it?

Still doesn't make too much sense to pay him 10M for not driving in their F1 team, but for "learning to drive" in WRC instead. And if Kimi returns to F1 in 2011, the "WRC learning year" would be less useful if he isn't going to improve on it with a full-time drive.

If Red Bull wanted Kimi in their F1 team, they could easily do a deal from 2011 onwards. Why do they need 2010? For instance both Montoya and Alonso signed more than one year in advance for McLaren.

Tomi
27th November 2009, 21:13
Still doesn't make too much sense to pay him 10M for not driving in their F1 team, but for "learning to drive" in WRC instead. And if Kimi returns to F1 in 2011, the "WRC learning year" would be less useful if he isn't going to improve on it with a full-time drive.

If Red Bull wanted Kimi in their F1 team, they could easily do a deal from 2011 onwards. Why do they need 2010? For instance both Montoya and Alonso signed more than one year in advance for McLaren.

maybe it's kimi who wants to drive rally, but if they pay him that huge money, its 100% sure he will drive f1 for them after 1 year.

Boudica
27th November 2009, 23:52

Because Red Bull already has two contracted drivers for 2010? They properly wouldn't want to waste the same amount of money as Ferrari did for breaking contracts. And they dont have Santander who is willing to pay that money for them. There is a rumour that Kimi has a pre-contract with Red Bull for 2011.

But personally I dont think it is a factor here, Red Bull have been sponsering Kimi personally for a year or two now, they have always been interested in Kimi because he fits in really well with their image. So therefore I doubt that he will return to F1 if he leaves. He could have signed a deal with Mclaren, but he didn't. Both Nobert Haug and Nick Fry have said that Kimi can call them any time, and there is sponsors from Abu Dhabi who will pay Kimi's salary if he goes to Mercedes. But so far it just doesn't seem like he is really interested, he might just be fed up with F1. This move might very well be a long term thing.

But there is also some rumour that the clauses in Kimi's Ferrari contract state that in 2010 he cant drive for a team who finished higher in the constructors championship then Ferrari. So that neatly rules out Mclaren, Mercedes and Red Bull for 2010.

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 00:27
Why spend time at night with a sweaty fella when you can spend it with a hot lady - those were the words of the late Gerry Marshall, driver of Big Bertha, a character and someone that wrote one of the most amusing books about racing. It reflects my attitide to rallying especially these days in those inky dinky looking cars

For Kimi F1 is over. It is clear he lost interest, cornered himself into a position where he would only drive for maybe two teams - Mclaren and Red Bull - and essentially Red Bull only.

But even that is over - does anyone think that if he was unable to beat Massa at Ferrari, and this is Raikkonen remember, he would be able to beat Vettel at Red Bull? No.

We always miss drivers when they leave the sport suddenly at an age that manytop line drivers have begun to do their best work.

And this is the case with Kimi. At times he was annoying, but we learnt through the seasons what he is like. And I will miss his presence at Spa because he is the king the of that circuit. And a reason why I think a third car ought to be allowed - he could race in gp's he wanted to for - Ferrari!

A win at Spa for any driver has now been devalued by the Kimi factor no longer present.

Again, I point an accusing finger at Ferrari. They have contributed sugnificantly to Kimi not being in f1. Yes, he decides for himself - but Ferrari are the most conceited and arrogant team in racing and it was some time ago that they conspired to essentially isolate Kimi and concentrate on their little lap puppy, Massa.

Kimi showed that he has iron self-esteem and does not require the constant pampering and reassuring that Massa does. With their patriarchal nature, Ferrari took umbrage to that and the consequences are now.

It is my fervent wish, that in 2010, whether it be Jenson or Lewis, and naturally I want Jenson to do it - but that Mclaren beat the hell out of that team from Maranello.

JFL
28th November 2009, 00:37
But personally I dont think it is a factor here, Red Bull have been sponsering Kimi personally for a year or two now, they have always been interested in Kimi because he fits in really well with their image.
:D If you put all the F1 and wrc drivers next to eachother, the last one I would believe to drink redbull is S. Loeb an Kimi :)
But, it looks like they could need some.. :)
Not that it has anything to do with their driving skills...

Daniel
28th November 2009, 03:20
Again, I point an accusing finger at Ferrari.

Shock horror! Saint Devote points an accusing finger! Such a rare event that one! :laugh:

Saint Devote
28th November 2009, 03:30
:D If you put all the F1 and wrc drivers next to eachother, the last one I would believe to drink redbull is S. Loeb an Kimi :)
But, it looks like they could need some.. :)
Not that it has anything to do with their driving skills...

Loeb definitely needs Red Bull - the Cola!

:eek: He was the slowest driver when he tried GP2 testing and after all the excuses and rationalizations, Toro Rosso talk went away, mercifully.

I can only imagine that had he been able to include the grand prix and been Buemi's teammate at Ass Marina he would have seriously embarassed himself.

Sebastien - rally/fast taxi cab cars are not f1 racing cars :s mokin:

RJM
28th November 2009, 16:41
Loeb definitely needs Red Bull - the Cola!

:eek: He was the slowest driver when he tried GP2 testing and after all the excuses and rationalizations, Toro Rosso talk went away, mercifully.

I can only imagine that had he been able to include the grand prix and been Buemi's teammate at Ass Marina he would have seriously embarassed himself.

Sebastien - rally/fast taxi cab cars are not f1 racing cars :s mokin:

kimi should easily beat every rally driver then if there just taxi cabs....

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 03:07
kimi should easily beat every rally driver then if there just taxi cabs....

I could not care less what happens in rallying. Its the arse end of racing alongside NASCAR.

TKM Jnr
29th November 2009, 03:54
but Ferrari are the most conceited and arrogant team in racing

You don't happen to work for them too do you?? :)

garyshell
29th November 2009, 04:21
I could not care less what happens in rallying. Its the arse end of racing alongside NASCAR.

Gee, don't hold back. What do you REALLY think?

Gary

gloomyDAY
29th November 2009, 07:05
I could not care less what happens in rallying. Its the arse end of racing alongside NASCAR.You post some of the dumbest crap on this site.

Do me a favor and look up this acronym: S.T.F.U.

UltimateDanGTR
29th November 2009, 07:59

I think you will find all motorsports appeal to different tastes. whether you want ultra close pack racing and a great show (NASCAR, BTCC etc) the one chance to get it right through amazing scenery chase (WRC) or the sport involving what many percieve as having the ultimate racing machines (f1)

just because your tastes lean to F1, do not mean that every other motorsport is rubbish and that two you particularly dont like are the 'arse end of racing'. because when you say that, you are just describing max mosley. no need for that anymore. ;)

N.O.T
29th November 2009, 08:58
many new names in this thread....nice

Daniel
29th November 2009, 09:36
many new names in this thread....nice
Well I did cross post it with the f1 forum :) Hopefully Saint Devote isn't around for too much longer though :)

Daniel
29th November 2009, 09:58
Can I use this as an example of an idiotic quote on Fousto's "Idiots" thread??.. :p

There's too many people like you on this forum who post one liners, simply to get a negative reaction. Grow up ffs.
:up:

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 11:04
Can I use this as an example of an idiotic quote on Fousto's "Idiots" thread??.. :p

There's too many people like you on this forum who post one liners, simply to get a negative reaction. Grow up ffs.

Well that is not what I do. The view expressed above may be in one line but it is one that I DO hold.

I hold F1 up to be the be all and end all of all racing series. For me the single seater racing series that exist to feed drivers to F1 are also great - although Formula 2 along with the Superleague is gimmicky and I extremely pleased that A1GP is in liquidation.

While others may enjoy rallying and NasCar - I cannot see any redeeeming factors - MEGO, My Eyes Glaze Over!!!

And as this is the F1 BOARD - to ciritcize me for expressing my views here is really cheeky, MATE!

harsha
29th November 2009, 11:46
WRC forum,here i come :p :

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 13:11
I personally find little enjoyment watching Nascar, but I'm not here to offend its followers. Sure rallying doesn't demand the same level of fitness of its drivers but I feel you've underestimated the skill involved. You evidently don't watch it so I fear to don't understand it either. Rally drivers reactions need to be alot faster than is experienced by most F1 drivers for example. Alot of technology is transferred between series and personel make the transition between the two more often than you realise. Anyway I don't intend to try and educate you further... :)

Just to let you know that this particular thread is available on both boards, hence the large number of rally based contributors being present MATE.. ;)

Its nothing to do with offending anyone - political correctness is not my forte - or the skill involved etc.

I just think rallying is a waste of time like tennis [groan] or golf [a game for the portly like bowls] and so on.

Daniel
29th November 2009, 13:31
I think lots of things are a waste of time but I don't go out of my way to offend like you.

N.O.T
29th November 2009, 13:44
was a very stupid idea to cross post this thread daniel....

gloomyDAY
29th November 2009, 16:41
was a very stupid idea to cross post this thread daniel....I was thinking the same thing. lol

Anything that gets posted on the F1 forum usually spirals into a mudslinging contest.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3697203418_b4a1c3a490_o.jpg

Langdale Forest
29th November 2009, 17:26
That is clarkson and Hammo wondering that the invisible car is not a car, but a group of people.

Josti
29th November 2009, 17:32

You make the obvious mistake by putting rallying in the category "racing", where it doesn't belong at all.

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 17:44
You make the obvious mistake by putting rallying in the category "racing", where it doesn't belong at all.

Well if you must be pedantic - "motorsport" - for racing it most certainly is not!

Saint Devote
29th November 2009, 17:50
I was thinking the same thing. lol

Anything that gets posted on the F1 forum usually spirals into a mudslinging contest.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3697203418_b4a1c3a490_o.jpg

Now that you have said that - its JUST like Formula One!!! :eek:

Who'll be Bernie, Max or Flavio here? :D

Josti
29th November 2009, 17:52
Well if you must be pedantic - "motorsport" - for racing it most certainly is not!

No, but by saying "rallying is the arse end of racing" is simpy wrong, no matter what you think about it. Rallying is an all unique concept from itself.

But it's a sport, it involves cars, so it's a motorsport (even though I prefer the term autosport).

Langdale Forest
29th November 2009, 18:43
Golf is boring

I might as well tell everyone about the invisible car then?

Langdale Forest
29th November 2009, 18:47
You did not use a full stop on that sentence.

Politicly incorrect.

N.O.T
29th November 2009, 20:07
i don;t think that the rallying forum needs this useless thread please can a mod move this junk along with its posters to the F1 section...it serves no purpose here.

garyshell
29th November 2009, 20:28
i don;t think that the rallying forum needs this useless thread please can a mod move this junk along with its posters to the F1 section...it serves no purpose here.

Would that be posters or poseurs? Not all F1 fans are like these idiots.

Gary

Langdale Forest
29th November 2009, 20:31
I agree.

N.O.T
29th November 2009, 20:50
the problem is that whenever someone posts in the f1 section of this thread the thread goes up in the rallying section as well and since the abundance of posts are made by the F1 posters i think the thread belongs there...

Nice job Daniel.... :(

pino
29th November 2009, 21:07
Not all F1 fans are like these idiots.

Gary

Exactly, thread closed !