PDA

View Full Version : Video response to Ken Block's day off.

noel157
18th November 2009, 01:21
Irish rally driver Kevin Lynch (with family and friends) respond to some American guy....
A great effort:

http://www.youtube.com/ANGELDOTFILM

Further info http://angeldot.co.uk/index.html

N.O.T
18th November 2009, 02:26
so we now have the official war of the nobodies....the one who prevails wins a carrot.

gloomyDAY
18th November 2009, 03:20
so we now have the official war of the nobodies....the one who prevails wins a carrot. :laugh: ......Man you got me in tears! LOL

Koz
18th November 2009, 09:55
Does this kind of a thing have a appeal with the people of this forum?
I have seen the Ken Block videos, and his "awesome" which everyone seemed to talk about...
I am not a fan of that kind of publicity stunt, somehow I miss this guy's appeal... Is it just me? :s

Zico
18th November 2009, 10:13
No way man.. Ken Block is a legend!!! He's now as big as McRae.. as Official ambassador for the new DIRT 2 "rally" game... Awesome!!!

[snigger]

N.O.T
18th November 2009, 13:56
as a show its quite entertaining...but the problem is that those nobodies use these videos to showcase their rallying skills..which is wrong. And to see that nobody american do such stuff is ok since they don;t really have any kind of rally culture over there or very limited one, so i understand that the general public might be impressed by those shows. Now to see an Irish nobody do something like that i think its not good for the sport since i admire and have huge respect for irish rallying.

Simmi
18th November 2009, 14:29
I haven't followed Irish rallying for a year or so so correct me if I'm wrong. But Kevin Lynch didn't seem to enter too many rallies with that Focus. But he has no problem spending money doing this?

Maybe it is a way of generating exposure/sponsors but I'm not sure how.

serial jeff
18th November 2009, 14:46
I'm not a fan of Ken Block's videos but the one I saw is a lot better than this. They really didn't do anything impressive or even interesting, it was just drive around and slide sometimes. At least Ken Block had the segway dude.

pino
18th November 2009, 14:49
No way man.. Ken Block is a legend!!! He's now as big as McRae.. as Official ambassador for the new DIRT 2 "rally" game... Awesome!!!

[snigger]

I was about to ban you for saying that, then I saw that little smile and... ;)

noel157
18th November 2009, 15:29
Think most miss the point of the video - to highlight the production company, Angeldot, which I believe is run by Kevin Lynch's son Sean. I don't think it was ever meant to be on par with Block's Gymkana video. Block had 500 BHP, differentials and gear ratio's to suit (as reported by the Prodrive engineer that looks after Lynch's S12B) and I imagine this video was made on 10% of Block's budget. More a bit of fun I suspect and promotion for young Lynch's company which, according to their website, offer stunt direction, filming and management etc. For essentially a DIY, low budget offering it's not bad.

Simmi, Lynch has done little rallying over past year or so, especially after this in 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blU8a_cpzK0
Always felt he was one of the faster Irish drivers over the last 4 or 5 years.

cannyboy
18th November 2009, 16:09
I'd say you could buy 5 of block's car for the price of an S12b.

noel157
18th November 2009, 16:28
I'd say you could buy 5 of block's car for the price of an S12b.

I doubt that somehow.

cannyboy
18th November 2009, 16:35
The first car used the std STI gearbox...

What do prodrive charge for a new gearbox again?

Lousada
18th November 2009, 16:39
Mr. Lynch has more posts on this forum with this stupid video than he ever had in all those years of rallying. Same with Ken Block and his videos.
When is talent going to be the measure of popularity again? ;(

noel157
18th November 2009, 17:23
Mr. Lynch has more posts on this forum with this stupid video than he ever had in all those years of rallying. Same with Ken Block and his videos.
When is talent going to be the measure of popularity again? ;(

2011 I imagine, maybe 2012.

Simmi
18th November 2009, 18:22
Think most miss the point of the video - to highlight the production company, Angeldot, which I believe is run by Kevin Lynch's son Sean. I don't think it was ever meant to be on par with Block's Gymkana video. Block had 500 BHP, differentials and gear ratio's to suit (as reported by the Prodrive engineer that looks after Lynch's S12B) and I imagine this video was made on 10% of Block's budget. More a bit of fun I suspect and promotion for young Lynch's company which, according to their website, offer stunt direction, filming and management etc. For essentially a DIY, low budget offering it's not bad.

Simmi, Lynch has done little rallying over past year or so, especially after this in 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blU8a_cpzK0
Always felt he was one of the faster Irish drivers over the last 4 or 5 years.

I didn't realise it was his son's company. That makes perfect sense to use the machinery they have at their exposure. You would do that to help out your son. And I agree the video is a great effort.

noel157
18th November 2009, 18:57
The first car used the std STI gearbox...

What do prodrive charge for a new gearbox again?

Think you best go and find out the specs of the car used in Gymkhana 2, and the cost too, might surprise you.

cannyboy
18th November 2009, 20:12
In fairness, I did say "first car"

Subaru wrote him a blank check for the second one, so prob cost him nothing!
First vid was much better too...

Saabaru
18th November 2009, 20:49
so we now have the official war of the nobodies....the one who prevails wins a carrot.

Spot on, spot on!

Subaru wrote him a blank check for the second one, so prob cost him nothing!

Just one more reason you won't find me buying a Subaru, none of my hard earned money is going to support him and his crap.

cannyboy
18th November 2009, 21:29
Just one more reason you won't find me buying a Subaru, none of my hard earned money is going to support him and his crap.

But saab/gm gave him nothing :)

Saabaru
18th November 2009, 21:52
But saab/gm gave him nothing :)
Well the 2005 9.2X I have was built by Fuji Heavy Industries but back then they had the SWRT that I was a fan of.

cannyboy
18th November 2009, 21:56
SWRT will be back....
4WD is banned in every other form of motorsport

Lousada
18th November 2009, 23:22
SWRT will be back....

You mean like Mitsubishi will be back? By the way they can use 4WD in Dakar you know.

JFL
18th November 2009, 23:30
...and Rallycross...and Formula offroad...and monstertrucks.. :)

cut the b.s.
18th November 2009, 23:33
2011 I imagine, maybe 2012.

great reply :)

Lighten up guys, do a bit of research on Kevin Lynch, he has earned his toys, and if having a bit of a mess in them can help his son get exposure for his venture then good on him.

Saabaru
20th November 2009, 05:23
SWRT will be back....
I believe this Subaru pulls with all four wheels as well... :D
http://www.tamiyagekken.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cuscosubaru.jpg