PDA

View Full Version : Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh

tannat
13th November 2009, 17:33
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

Trying to think of clever Bugatti/ocean quip...

Daniel
13th November 2009, 21:17
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

Trying to think of clever Bugatti/ocean quip...
That's where the car belongs. Hope it was a writeoff so there's one less of these monstrosities on the planet.

Mark in Oshawa
14th November 2009, 06:23
That's where the car belongs. Hope it was a writeoff so there's one less of these monstrosities on the planet.

Jealous Daniel? I think this guy is a moron, but still, the Bugatti Veyron is a work of art. Maybe not to your taste, but I have to admire the sheer engineering feat that puts that much power to the road with such tame ferocity. Wasted on this fella tho...what a doofus!!!

Valve Bounce
14th November 2009, 07:47
It's OK guys, it's just a modern car, not one of the priceless vintage ones. Nothing to talk about here - let's move on!!

harsha
14th November 2009, 10:08
Man : Damn I hope that excuse was believable :D :D :D

Daniel
14th November 2009, 10:44
Jealous Daniel? I think this guy is a moron, but still, the Bugatti Veyron is a work of art. Maybe not to your taste, but I have to admire the sheer engineering feat that puts that much power to the road with such tame ferocity. Wasted on this fella tho...what a doofus!!!
It's just garish and it's just fat and ugly. McLaren achieved pretty much the same performance only a few years ago with about 400bhp LESS. What are they going to have next? A 2000bhp car that only goes 2mph faster?

Mark in Oshawa
14th November 2009, 15:25
It's just garish and it's just fat and ugly. McLaren achieved pretty much the same performance only a few years ago with about 400bhp LESS. What are they going to have next? A 2000bhp car that only goes 2mph faster?

That would bother me just as much if someone dumped a McLaren in the lake...

Malbec
14th November 2009, 16:03

Thats exactly what I think too. Ettore Bugatti would have turned in his grave, the Type 35 etc were lovely minimalist light things, not the overweight behemoth thats called a Bugatti these days.

UltimateDanGTR
14th November 2009, 16:58
i think i can sum this man up in 3 words;

moron. wealthy moron.

nuff said

Dave B
14th November 2009, 17:01
i think i can sum this man up in 3 words;

moron. wealthy moron.

nuff said
I think I could manage it in 2 fewer, but it's a family forum...

Daniel
15th November 2009, 04:46
Thats exactly what I think too. Ettore Bugatti would have turned in his grave, the Type 35 etc were lovely minimalist light things, not the overweight behemoth thats called a Bugatti these days.
Exactly. Any manufacturer can strap a rocket to a car and make it fast but it's a whole different thing to make it a proper drivers machine. The McLaren was built to be a road car and was designed so well that it went on to kick purpose built racers at Le Mans. The Veyron would be so boned on a race track it wouldn't be funny.

Valve Bounce
15th November 2009, 05:12
OK! I'll try to attach a picture of the car that I photographed outside the Botanical Gardens last year.

That's my daughter holding Benny.

Valve Bounce
15th November 2009, 05:15
And here's another picture of that magnificent car; it was in pristine condition. :(
I use this as my wallpaper for my Monitor. :)

JSH
15th November 2009, 11:38
The really dumb bit is that the bird didn't cause him to go in the lake. The bird caused him to drop his mobile phone. And THEN numbnuts decides its a good idea to reach down to grab it!!

Valve Bounce
15th November 2009, 12:43
The really dumb bit is that the bird didn't cause him to go in the lake. The bird caused him to drop his mobile phone. And THEN numbnuts decides its a good idea to reach down to grab it!!

I can't think of a better punishment for someone using a mobile phone while driving. :D

UltimateDanGTR
15th November 2009, 16:06
I think I could manage it in 2 fewer, but it's a family forum...

:D

GridGirl
15th November 2009, 17:40
I had to laugh when I saw the video. Not only did the guy in the car along side film it going into the water but 20 seconds before when he was saying how much he wanted one he thought it was a Lambo and not a much more expensive Veron. Hilarious.

Azumanga Davo
15th November 2009, 21:27
I can't think of a better punishment for someone using a mobile phone while driving. :D

The amount of marshes that would be needed to be made next to roads to carry this out would cost a staggering amount of money...

Where do I sign? :P

anthonyvop
15th November 2009, 22:02
Mobile phone use has never caused and accident.
Stupid or bad driver do.

How many people have crashed while eating, Drinking, smoking, changing the station on the radio, checking out a hot babe or even just talking to their passenger?

Easy Drifter
15th November 2009, 22:10
Ontario's ban on hand held cell phone use while driving came into effect a few weeks ago.
Since then I have noticed 6 people still yapping on them while driving. One man and 5 women. The man was in town and a contractor.
All the women were on the highway and two today, both of whom were obviously distracted.
The first one was coming towards me and went half way into a right turn lane before she pulled it back onto the highway and still almost hit the shoulder.
The second was going the same way as me and when I came up behind her she was doing less than 70k in an 80. Soon up to 90 and then back to a little less than 80. I usually run at about 90 to 95. Cops leave you alone as long as you are below 100 and besides there were 3 of them including a ghost car at the Country Style Doughnuts I had just left.
Anyway she is back up to 90+ and going down the hill to where I turn off. On come the brakes for the curve at the bottom of the hill that could easily be taken at 140. I had to brake before I went into the right turn lane. She slowed so much I actually had the front of my car in front of her before I braked for my turn which is about a 120 degree tight turn.
Tell me she wasn't a menace. :vader:

Mark in Oshawa
16th November 2009, 02:01
Drifter, she was likely without the phone. The problem isn't the phones, it is the pi$$poor driving standards we are held to when we get our licenses. This ban includes CB radios. Truckers use phones AND CB's and have for years. Look at the stats on Truckers in crashes and notice they didn't rise in the years Cell phones came along. Makes you think don't it????

One shouldn't drive and talk on the phone as a rule, but some people can walk and chew gum at the same time and ditto for talking on the phone.

Easy Drifter
16th November 2009, 15:51
She was on the phone. I could see it.
Easy Drifter was my old CB handle and we had one in the hauler when we ran Atlantics all over Canada and the US. Same when I crewed for my ex and we raced all over Ont. plus Quebec, NY, Ohio and Mich.
I do not recall much talking for long periods of time though. You would get told to quit hogging the channel.

Hazell B
16th November 2009, 20:45
I see nobody spotted that the car in the lake saga is just a fix to get publicity ... the guy who did it happens to make his living fixing up cars :mark:

Makes him even more of a twit :laugh:

Still, at least he isn't pretending to send his child up in a weather balloon.

Captain VXR
17th November 2009, 21:38
This is why an IQ test should be mandatory before anyone is allowed to drive...

Langdale Forest
18th November 2009, 20:04

Not all cars have wheels you know.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark
19th November 2009, 09:00
It shows what an impact the Bugatti has had that someone crashing one is newsworthy. I wonder if someone crashing a Dacia Sandero would make it onto this forum :p

Mark in Oshawa
21st November 2009, 03:15
She was on the phone. I could see it.
Easy Drifter was my old CB handle and we had one in the hauler when we ran Atlantics all over Canada and the US. Same when I crewed for my ex and we raced all over Ont. plus Quebec, NY, Ohio and Mich.
I do not recall much talking for long periods of time though. You would get told to quit hogging the channel.

Drifter...that is what the other 39 channels are FOR...lol

Mark in Oshawa
21st November 2009, 03:16
It shows what an impact the Bugatti has had that someone crashing one is newsworthy. I wonder if someone crashing a Dacia Sandero would make it onto this forum :p

Anyone putting a Dacia off the road ought to be rewarded for taking one ugly car off the road...