PDA

View Full Version : Izod "2-seater" during pace laps of every race

NickFalzone
10th November 2009, 04:41
Anyone have any more details on this Izod promo at the start of each race? In the announcement, they said that "during the pace laps of each race, including the Indy500, a lucky fan will get to ride in the Izod two-seater in front of the full field of cars". Normally these rides are $400-800 but obviously not during a race. How will these fans be selected? I can't imagine what it would be like to be riding in the 2-seater in front of the 250k or whatever fans at the start of the 500.

call_me_andrew
11th November 2009, 06:58
Let's just wait and see what happens when they have to shoe-horn a fat guy into the car.

dataman1
11th November 2009, 15:14
Frankly riding in front of the field in a car going 40 - 60 MPH behind a pace car is not exciting to me.

NickFalzone
11th November 2009, 17:14
Frankly riding in front of the field in a car going 40 - 60 MPH behind a pace car is not exciting to me.

The pace car at Indy is going 80 mph, most other tracks it goes 60. I agree that a regular 2-seater ride going around Indy is probably more exciting as they get up to 160 at that track. Just the energy of being in front of the field and the huge crowds at the start of Indy would be a pretty cool experience though, even at lower speeds.

indyracefan
11th November 2009, 22:56
Pretty cool in my opinion especially from a PR standpoint. It's basically just a glorified pace car ride before the race and should be viewed as such. It's not meant to impress the rider of the speed but merely put them in front of the field before the race in an IndyCar and in front of the crowd.

Wonder how long before the fendered racertainment series tries something similar.

call_me_andrew
12th November 2009, 04:54

At least you get to wave to the crowd.

I was at a NASCAR race a few years ago at Pocono, and there was a contest before the race started with 5 fans who wanted to win a new Chevy truck. The 5 fans picked each picked one of 5 keys and whoever chose correctly was given the truck. And when the guy won the truck, instead of letting him drive it around the track, a track employee drove the truck with him riding in it. It was rather anti-climatic.