PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable moments for you in season 2009?

Juha_Koo
6th November 2009, 13:36
I'll have to start with Mikko's light pod incident in Ireland. Just one of those "factor X" things in rallying. In Norway we saw a great battle but I'll always remember Henning and Henning's "who's f*cking with my car" outburst after the shakedown. :D

In Cyprus Ogier had his nighmare stage, spinning n+1 times and if that wasn't enough, rolled his car. In Portugal many hard crashes. Marcus returned just to roll his car rather spectacularly. The commentary by Timo after the crash was once again legendary stuff. JM's roll down the hillside... No words needed. Sandell redesigned Fabia. :) Argentina didn't cry for me but it made Petter nearly cry. Those "Nooo!" yells when the car just didn't move forward anymore.

JM's win in Sardinia, sweeping the road for three days. Veronica. ;) In Acropolis Henning's anger towards Sordo and Sordo being like nothing happened. "What man?" "THIS MAN HERE!!" Poland was a new rally and what a great rally it was! My personal rally fever towards NORF was really lit up watching the Friday's day review.

NORF was a completely phenominal experience, first year I had a driving license and that meant a full four day programme. From shakedown to Myhinpää. I was also able to visit some tests before the rally. The most memorable NORF for me in my 16-year Finnish WR/NORF history. :up:

PLuto
6th November 2009, 16:14
Memorable moment for me in WRC season 2009? Not excluding Citroen in Australia, Ogier has parts from this year evolution, only 35 cars in Ireland and 32 in Cyprus...

Macd
6th November 2009, 16:31
Latvala crashing on the super special, Man that was funny.

ProRally
6th November 2009, 17:04
Latvala crashing on the super special, Man that was funny.

And his roll(s) in Portugal.... :D

J4MIE
6th November 2009, 17:33
Personally, I think it has been a good season and I have really enjoyed it - apart from the "tactics".

From everywhere I went, the most outstanding thing was when I was at the Acropolis Rally and had to walk/run up a mountain to get to the corner I wanted to get to, as I was held up on the road section ( :p : ) so the stage was about to start any minute! It was very very hot (I am usd to Scottish weather) and it nearly killed me getting there but I made it and even had a few minutes to start the recovery before the first car appeared. I am so happy I got there, it was a fantastic view and I smile every time I think about it and am pleased with the photos I got, I will get a posted size one made up for my wall when I get around to it.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs101.snc1/4753_204325555611_529115611_7410332_5004908_n.jpg
Mikko Hirvonen, Acropolis Rally 2009, SS10: Klenia - Mycenae 2
:cool:

urabus-denoS2000
6th November 2009, 17:33
My higlight is 3 JWRC entries in Cyprus,isnt that great.
Proves trully how great the WRC is and you are right,IRC really sucks

J4MIE
6th November 2009, 17:34
PS Still hopefully plenty moments to come from other events that are still to run ;)

tolis
6th November 2009, 17:45
My first ever WRC event as a spectator...Rally Acropolis 2009!!!!!! We wanted to come, Jamie, to that corner, but unfortunately it was a bit far away...However, I was at this corner in Rally Korinthou (a round of the greek championship) in 2008. Indeed, the view is fantastic!!!
Another highlight of the season was the 8th place of Athanassoulas (1st in PWRC) in my home WRC event!!!

jiipee64
6th November 2009, 17:51
2 things

1. Novikov's jump in Finland (only from TV but anyway)

2. The face of an italian spectator and the goosebumps on a swiss guys arm after Loebs jump in Mökkiperä (live)

jbmarcus21
6th November 2009, 23:00
Marcus returns for me..

Rallyper
7th November 2009, 00:59
NORF!!!

The best rally in the WRC.

Everything around it and of course the competition and stages. It´s all what rallying is about. And Mikko won!

If you have tried to sleep at a camp near the day after stages (for example at Myhinpää) you´d understand the party and the feeling.

So NORF 2009 for me!

N.O.T
7th November 2009, 01:57
the season had quite a few special moments but to be honest nothing that special that i will remember for the years to come...

StevieWonder
7th November 2009, 03:22
memorable moments 2009:

- Cyprus - live
- Portugal - live
- Poland - live
- Wales - live

and some more events of our fanclub (but haven´t be there myself):
- Finland
- Australia
- Spain

Helstar
7th November 2009, 05:17
Ogier has parts from this year evolution

Finally somebody who point that out, it seems nobody cared when I said it in the thread at the time ... but it's even worse fact compared to the not-homologated state of the part IMHO

Another memorable moment: letting JML win Sardinia in front of Mikko. It happened also in 2007 when Wilson let Mikko won in front of Gronholm in Norway ... two lost driver titles. Will Mr.Malcom ever learn that it has to be done like Citroen ?! Only ONE allowed to win ! ^^

Camelopard
7th November 2009, 08:45
Going down to breakfast at the rally hq of rally oz at Salt Hotel in Kingscliff and being told that the Citroens had been penalised a minute for using non homologated parts meaing that Mikko won, for me that was priceless.

ShiftingGears
7th November 2009, 09:33
Finally somebody who point that out, it seems nobody cared when I said it in the thread at the time ... but it's even worse fact compared to the not-homologated state of the part IMHO

Another memorable moment: letting JML win Sardinia in front of Mikko. It happened also in 2007 when Wilson let Mikko won in front of Gronholm in Norway ... two lost driver titles. Will Mr.Malcom ever learn that it has to be done like Citroen ?! Only ONE allowed to win ! ^^

Also, if Mikko parked it in Rally Australia then Gronholm would've won the championship (assuming he would've still won NZ and GB rallies, which he did do).

koko0703
7th November 2009, 10:08
Before the start of the season, it seemed like heading into an extremely boring season with Subaru's withdrawal and no real competition for Loeb. But in the end, I think it couldn't be better considering such a small field. Having said that, nothing really stands out.... Maybe the return of Macus in Portgal was the most exciting thing for me.

grugsticles
7th November 2009, 11:49
There isnt really one moment that was my favorite of the season, except maybe Petters comments regarding people criticising his abilities and determination to compete again this year.
If I remember rightly it he said "to all those who said it couldn't be done, up yours. Up yours!" or something of the like.

AndyRAC
7th November 2009, 12:04
Niall McShea in the Proton Satria in Rally Ireland - a top 6 time after the first stage, I think.

Barreis
7th November 2009, 12:07
I'm happy that Seb.Loeb won the championship..

JFL
7th November 2009, 13:33
There isnt really one moment that was my favorite of the season, except maybe Petters comments regarding people criticising his abilities and determination to compete again this year.
If I remember rightly it he said "to all those who said it couldn't be done, up yours. Up yours!" or something of the like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apXXLpmdULo

noel157
7th November 2009, 14:30
Memorable moments? Can't think of any. Were they any?

Langdale Forest
10th January 2010, 18:07
Henning going mad after he crashed in greece and the 'Cheatron' incident in Austrailia.

And of course, Latvala stunts.

macksrallye
11th January 2010, 03:03
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Rally GB yet. Mikko not really show what's needed to be a World Champion until the final morning only to have it taken away from him by a flying bonnet. Myself, my Brother & my Father were all huddled around the computer listening to Rally Radio & the words spoken when they said Mikko had stopped on stage should never be repeated. But at least we got an exciting end to a season, for the first time in a long time.

Mitch555
11th January 2010, 12:31
Most memorable moments in 2009 for me were outside of the WRC, such as the amazing Monte Carlo Rally (my favourite rally of the whole year). Though there were some interesting things in 09 in the WRC...

Any Latvala crash.
Having Dale Moscatt in the WRC
Novikov always upstaging Latvala
McShea in Ireland in the Proton
Colin Clark on Rally Radio
Me completely missing Rally Aus whilst out of the country

Doon
11th January 2010, 12:40
Novikov always upstaging Latvala

Of course he did....thats why Latvala ended on 41pts and Novikov on 4pts......and those 4pts were scored on the rally Latvala won.

Simmi
11th January 2010, 13:07
Of course he did....thats why Latvala ended on 41pts and Novikov on 4pts......and those 4pts were scored on the rally Latvala won.

I think they had a nice personal duel in terms of destroying cars. I think Novikov maybe did upstage JML in terms of wrecked panels and just a general lack of knowledge of limits/speed/gravity etc.

But then again JML had the best crash and scored far more points. Plus the most humiliating moment of the season.

pettersolberg29
11th January 2010, 13:17
Im pretty sure Mitch meant Novikov upstaged JML in regards to crashing, not speed and performance. Shame Novikov wont be back next year, he does add spice to rallies, and like JML has the speed but nothing like the consistency required to challenge.

ShiftingGears
11th January 2010, 14:17
Rally GB.

Koppomsbo
11th January 2010, 15:15
Latvalas crash out of Fords 1 - 2 victory ....

tmx
11th January 2010, 15:29
I don't remember a single rally in 2009 because I didn't pay attention nor watch all of them, I don't even remember which the two drivers won which rally for the last 2 years. Most memorable moment is Petter at his own show not related to rallying. I might watch and pay attention more this year since there are a few more drivers and interesting things going on, it will depend on how abysmal the coverage is. At this point, even if Latvala or Dani Sordo won it isn't going to re-interested me either. Now if Ken Block win a WRC, then I'll might start paying attention again. But F1 is getting a bit interesting this year also, I'm more likely watching F1 coverage on tv, will probably not watch WRC tv coverage.

Mitch555
11th January 2010, 22:34
I don't remember a single rally in 2009 because I didn't pay attention nor watch all of them.... ...I'm more likely watching F1 coverage on tv, will probably not watch WRC tv coverage.

I find my interest dwindles because of the WRC TV program. I don't like how they pretend its live, use so much virtual spectator and talk all the time.

Yeh I did mean Novikov's crashing, but he added some spice when he drove fast, and gave a little more depth to the entry list.

Helstar
12th January 2010, 05:40
Another two things for me:

- Novikov crazy jumps and stunts, we'll miss his mindless attitude :'

- Loeb crashing two times, one with multiple rolls (never seen before, really surprising)