PDA

View Full Version : Rival Formula One teams tried to "unsettle" Jenson Button

CNR
5th November 2009, 08:04
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18757&Itemid=219

Rival Formula One teams tried to "unsettle" Jenson Button this season by offering him alternative cockpits for 2010, according to his boss Ross Brawn

Dave B
5th November 2009, 09:16
All part of the game. You have to be thick-skinned to survive in motorsport, let alone make it to F1. Jenson's been around long enough to take care of himself.

F1boat
5th November 2009, 09:20
I think that Brawn is trying hard to secure Jenson for less money. IMO he should give him at least a partial increase. FW treated his champions with disrespect and where is he now?

Hondo
5th November 2009, 12:13
I think that Brawn is trying hard to secure Jenson for less money. IMO he should give him at least a partial increase. FW treated his champions with disrespect and where is he now?

Sir Frank ran out of powerful engines. Where is he now? He is a member of the group that desperately want to lower the costs of Formula 1 racing. Perhaps he has forgotten those heady times in the '80s-'90s when he was a major, well funded team that delighted in throwing all kinds of money at developing new technologies, materials, alloys, and the testing that contributed mightily to making F1 the expensive pastime he complains about today.

Mark
5th November 2009, 14:35
Brawn indicated that a replacement for the Williams bound Nico Rosberg ... will only be annouced when the Button situation is resolved.

Sack the sub-editor :mark:

Saint Devote
6th November 2009, 02:43

Williams had the best drivers driving for him and where is he now?

Rubens Barrichello as number 1 driver and the most successful driver in the formulas below f1 since Lewis Hamilton, as drivers.

HIs driver for 2010 far more accomplished than the two he has had over the past couple of years.

How bloody awful!!

Valve Bounce
6th November 2009, 04:12
Yeah!! he's disgusting. By the way, who are we talking about? :eek:

ClarkFan
6th November 2009, 04:22
Sack the sub-editor :mark:
The fastest turn-around in F1 history - apparently Rosberg left Brawn before he even signed with them! Definite WDC material with that speed - in a different test it has taken the current Champion fully 8 month to do a complete Idiot-Genius-Idiot cycle!

:p

ClarkFan

MakinenLoeb
6th November 2009, 04:30
I belive that jenson will stay with Brawn for the being because of the winning car, but McLaren will probably give him a good offer

woody2goody
7th November 2009, 20:42
Brawn should at least give him something similar to what he was on in 2008, which was apparently £9million, before dropping to £3million for this season.

Doubling his salary for 2010 should be the minimum IMO.

aryan
7th November 2009, 21:55
Rumour has it that Brawn is having trouble keeping him for less than £10 million.

I agree, doubling his salary from 2009 should be enough for him.

F1boat
8th November 2009, 13:58
Brawn should at least give him something similar to what he was on in 2008, which was apparently £9million, before dropping to £3million for this season.

Doubling his salary for 2010 should be the minimum IMO.

I agree. For sure ;)

Saint Devote
8th November 2009, 14:15
Jenson has no intention of leaving Brawn and this has been made clear. Nobody is privy to contract negotiations and just looking at which teams and drivers are available will rule the day for both Jense and Ross.

And Mclaren is not an option simply because of the different driving styles. The Mclaren will be designed to favor oversteer which is Lewis' style while Jenson's is understeer. A big problem.

The new Brawn will favor understeer to accomodate Jenson.