PDA

View Full Version : Should Brad Keselowski be punished ?

ghostdancing
2nd November 2009, 20:33
So, under the new NASCAR ruling, 'no bump drafting or pushing in the corners, keep daylight between the cars', should not Brad Keselowski (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/bkeselow00/cup/index.html)be given a posting of last place for causing the last lap wreck by pushing Kurt Busch off turn four, and causing the last lap wreck. He gets a 8th place finish, the likes of Mark Martin and Kurt Busch end up with 28th & 30th place finishes respectively.

harvick#1
2nd November 2009, 22:45
Brad K has been wrecking everyone and anyone lately, remember he took Edwards out at Memphis without any wrongdoings.

I got a feeling alot more drivers other than Hamlin are gonna get very tired of his driving, and will start moving him alot more.

but thats Nascar again for failing to enforce their own rule they made at the beginning of the day at the drivers meeting, once again enforcing the rulebook as written by pencil.

Wade91
4th November 2009, 16:53
i dont think drivers should be punished for bump drafting

Mark in Oshawa
7th November 2009, 14:33
Brad K has been wrecking everyone and anyone lately, remember he took Edwards out at Memphis without any wrongdoings.

I got a feeling alot more drivers other than Hamlin are gonna get very tired of his driving, and will start moving him alot more.

but thats Nascar again for failing to enforce their own rule they made at the beginning of the day at the drivers meeting, once again enforcing the rulebook as written by pencil.

Brad is just doing what Harvick, Hamlin and other's have done as young drivers. Dale Sr. was the master of rooting, gouging and bumping people out of the way.....and he set the template for the rest of these guys...

harvick#1
8th November 2009, 17:51
I don't believe Harvick, Hamlin, or alot of the others, including Busch to wreck the other title contenders late in a season.

Mark in Oshawa
21st November 2009, 17:23
I don't believe Harvick, Hamlin, or alot of the others, including Busch to wreck the other title contenders late in a season.

Ask David Reutimann that in the second Pocono. Denny bopped him out of the way in the most obvious fashion coming off turn 3 late in the race. It killed the 00's chances of making the chase. There was no need for it either, since it was obvious to anyone but a blind man that the 11 was the best car there that day. Hamlin whines when things don't go his way. In the last incident with Brad in the Nationwide series, he started it by pushing on Brad to move him up. Brad retaliated and Denny couldn't hang on. Who started it that time tho? Denny. You play these games, sometimes you lose to someone who pushes back.

If a driver doesn't want to be pushed out of the way, and doesn't want to have these issues, take the Jeff Burton and Mark Martin route. Drive clean. If you won't, then don't whine when someone beats you into the wall playing a game you willingly play.

harvick#1
21st November 2009, 17:31
Denny nudged Brad out of the way, Brad hit Denny TWICE. the first was going into the turn, when Denny saved that one, Brad then drove right into the back to wreck him.

everyone wrecks someone no matter how much they dont want too, Jeff Gordon spun out Kenseth at Chicago a couple of years ago when he had plenty of time with a faster car to get around him.

even Martin and Burton have wrecked people.

I highly doubt Denny will do anything today in the race, because if he does try to wreck Brad on purpose, he may not get to race tomorrow

Mark in Oshawa
21st November 2009, 17:34
Denny nudged Brad out of the way, Brad hit Denny TWICE. the first was going into the turn, when Denny saved that one, Brad then drove right into the back to wreck him.

everyone wrecks someone no matter how much they dont want too, Jeff Gordon spun out Kenseth at Chicago a couple of years ago when he had plenty of time with a faster car to get around him.

even Martin and Burton have wrecked people.

I highly doubt Denny will do anything today in the race, because if he does try to wreck Brad on purpose, he may not get to race tomorrow

The Gordon Kenseth mess at Kansas was a perfect example of what I am talking about yet Jeff always used to cry when someone took him out.

As for Burton and Martin, they may have inadvertantly took someone out, but if the guys in the garage were polled; they with Bobby Labonte would be by FAR the most respected guys in the garage for the ethics they display on the track.

AS for Brad, ya he is a little too rough, and he hit Denny twice. So, Denny hit him FIRST, and they have been going at each other all year. Dón't hold Brad to a different standard than Denny. Brad hasn't whined about Denny hitting him per se, he just basically said what comes around goes around.....and it did. Denny has been whining every time he is on the wrong end of it. Wont get sympathy from many on that one. You play the game, sometimes you lose. You never heard Earnhardt Sr. whine...he just took names....

The instant classic
21st November 2009, 22:19
well Hamlin pop the punk Brad, LOL
black flag or not, i gotta say he's a man of his word. great stuff

Sparky1329
21st November 2009, 22:30
Denny Hamlin needs a case of Puffs to dry his tears. What a crybaby. When you live by the sword you die by the sword. :)

The instant classic
21st November 2009, 22:32
Denny Hamlin needs a case of Puffs to dry his tears. What a crybaby. When you live by the sword you die by the sword. :)

i was more shocked in he did it
last weekend i was like..no..no way Hamlin is just mad nothing will happen next week, and when he hit the 88 i was like :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL omg he really did it :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
21st November 2009, 22:34

My point exactly. I put my money on Keselowski winning this battle in the long run. He has a ruthless streak when he wants it. I have seen enough of Hamlin's act over the last couple of years to know he is a suck, and he likely started all of this at some point.....Brad will just take notes..and dump Denny at some point in the future at a time where the only guy who will know Brad did it on purpose is Denny...and it will look PERFECTLY innocent....

The instant classic
21st November 2009, 22:41
i really hope this carrys on tomororw, make the race really worth watching, and give us something to talk about
say what you will, but i will still pull for Hamlin over the hick

tstran17_88
21st November 2009, 23:37
Denny Hamlin needs a case of Puffs to dry his tears. What a crybaby. When you live by the sword you die by the sword. :) I agree. It should have been over races ago when they both retaliated & got each other back, but Denny had to re-start it again at Phoenix.

tstran17_88
21st November 2009, 23:38
i really hope this carrys on tomororw, make the race really worth watching, and give us something to talk about
say what you will, but i will still pull for Hamlin over the hickDenny doesn't have "the jewels" to try anything tomorrow. Brad won't do anything because a) he's a rookie in Cup and b) he's stated it was over weeks ago.

The instant classic
21st November 2009, 23:57
Denny doesn't have "the jewels" to try anything tomorrow. Brad won't do anything because a) he's a rookie in Cup and b) he's stated it was over weeks ago.

to get more ratings tomorrow (i cant see many JJ haters wanting to watch the race) maybe Nascar should post it on nascar.com something like
"what will happen tomorrow Denny Vs Brad round 3?" even if nothing happens, i hope im wrong in bad ratings but i have a bad feeling :(

tstran17_88
22nd November 2009, 00:27
Behind the scenes, I'm sure Nascar wants this to continue, for ratings like you said. But publicly, Nascar will not condone this & I'll bet a dollar and a doughnut that a cheesy one lap penalty won't cut it tomorrow...I'm thinking the first guy to touch the other guy gets parked for the Cup race, especially since the championship is still somewhat in the balance between the #48 & #5.

The instant classic
22nd November 2009, 00:39
Behind the scenes, I'm sure Nascar wants this to continue, for ratings like you said. But publicly, Nascar will not condone this & I'll bet a dollar and a doughnut that a cheesy one lap penalty won't cut it tomorrow...I'm thinking the first guy to touch the other guy gets parked for the Cup race, especially since the championship is still somewhat in the balance between the #48 & #5.

true i can see that happening, first guy to touch the other gets parked,
every year at the ford champinship weekend, nascar always tells the driver
all the non-chase guys. don't block or hold up the chasers, and Denny and Brad going at it, if both were in the chase i could say tomorrow it's all fair game, but it's not, i can see Nascar puting the big foot down in the drivers meeting

Sparky1329
22nd November 2009, 05:18
My point exactly. I put my money on Keselowski winning this battle in the long run. He has a ruthless streak when he wants it. I have seen enough of Hamlin's act over the last couple of years to know he is a suck, and he likely started all of this at some point.....Brad will just take notes..and dump Denny at some point in the future at a time where the only guy who will know Brad did it on purpose is Denny...and it will look PERFECTLY innocent....

Yup....exactly. Denny is a legend in his own mind and has done plenty of damage to others along the way. Brad has every right to be out there doing what he's paid to do and that's to win races. I see no reason for him to defer to Hamlin just because he's been there for a while.

Sparky1329
22nd November 2009, 05:20
I agree. It should have been over races ago when they both retaliated & got each other back, but Denny had to re-start it again at Phoenix.

I hope that Brad continues to take the high road. It makes Hamlin look like the Richard Cranium he is. :)

Sparky1329
22nd November 2009, 05:24
to get more ratings tomorrow (i cant see many JJ haters wanting to watch the race) maybe Nascar should post it on nascar.com something like
"what will happen tomorrow Denny Vs Brad round 3?" even if nothing happens, i hope im wrong in bad ratings but i have a bad feeling :(

I'll be watching the Steelers game but I'll record the race just in case. :D

The instant classic
22nd November 2009, 05:30
I'll be watching the Steelers game but I'll record the race just in case. :D

sound like me.
i had really no need to watch the race tomorrow. but what we saw today in Denny vs Brad, i did think twice in..maybe i should watch the race :D but i was talking with tstran17_88 he pretty much got it right, Nascar won't let much side tomorrow. so i will watch the highlights after and wait till daytona 2010

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2009, 19:59
Yup....exactly. Denny is a legend in his own mind and has done plenty of damage to others along the way. Brad has every right to be out there doing what he's paid to do and that's to win races. I see no reason for him to defer to Hamlin just because he's been there for a while.

Read a quote from Denny in the press report on the TSN site off my satellite provider (interactive TV is a wonderful thing) so I am sure the quote is out there in the domain; hence the lack of link..lol. Anyhow..this quote was something to the effect of Denny was bragging how other teams were applauding what he did after the race as he came by pit road. I guess Denny is really into delusions and Brad really has gotten into his head.

Let me get this straight Hamlin. You have won races in the Cup series and made the chase. And you are going to burn mental energy and tear up Joe Gibb's good race cars having a temper tantrum going after Brad all day? Here is a clue Denny, you are supposed to be BETTER than Brad. Your record on paper would say so. Why would you WASTE all that time being a jerk going after Keselowski? Of course teams were applauding, they love seeing a top contender that could beat them beat himself. THey are applauding and saying "Atta boy Denny....you showed him and allowed us to beat your sorry @ss"

Wade91
22nd November 2009, 20:00
i've been loving the rivalry between Denny and Brad, both of their post race interviews yesterday were so funny :rotflmao:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2009, 20:02
i've been loving the rivalry between Denny and Brad, both of their post race interviews yesterday were so funny :rotflmao:

It's great for us. If I am Joe Gibbs I am pulling Denny aside and telling him to shut the heck up and concentrate on not running where Denny is....

The instant classic
22nd November 2009, 20:26

me to i was laughing so hard, i for one love rivalry between drivers make the racing more fun, it's just to see someone here got humor on this matter and doesn't get all pissy pants :D :D :D