PDA

View Full Version : redbull and toro rosso pit crew colors

CNR
2nd November 2009, 06:56
could the led light caused the mix up ?
redbull
http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/original700/mark-webber-2009-8-23-13-12-51.jpg

toro rosso
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/85674656.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B946C5A518E7D4C18CC85BC451323FA7 B01E70F2B3269972

harsha
2nd November 2009, 07:43
I think the fading light along with the similarities in the uniform could be the reason

Mark
2nd November 2009, 10:21
Some teams have a bloke which stands and holds a board with the drivers name on it to guide them into the pits, I don't know if Red Bull employ this.

Valve Bounce
2nd November 2009, 10:29
Some teams have a bloke which stands and holds a board with the drivers name on it to guide them into the pits, I don't know if Red Bull employ this.

Yeah!! but that only works if the guy can read. :p :

Actually, I thought the same about the colours; I wonder if a alternative colour could have dispelled the confusion.

harsha
2nd November 2009, 10:34
I think this was a mistake waiting to happen...esp as both the pits were placed very close to each other too

AndyL
2nd November 2009, 11:03

Vettel was about to come in himself so they may even have had the board out for him, and possibly Alguersuari could have mistaken it for his own. Particularly if his own team weren't ready for him, as appeared to be the case.

ioan
2nd November 2009, 19:31
To be honest the driver enters the pit box area when the lollipop man indicates it. Why was the RedBull lollipop man indicating the pits when Alguersuari was coming in?
If anything the team made a mistake given the poorer visbility.

ioan
2nd November 2009, 19:32
Vettel was about to come in himself so they may even have had the board out for him, and possibly Alguersuari could have mistaken it for his own. Particularly if his own team weren't ready for him, as appeared to be the case.

They should stretch out the board only when their driver is coming not for a guy preceding him by 10 seconds especially in suboptimal lighting conditions and with similar design and colors.

inimitablestoo
2nd November 2009, 22:53
At least they've come up with a foolproof system to avoid this problem next year - make sure one of your teams finishes runner-up in the constructors' championship while the other one is stone motherless last, then they'll be at opposite ends of the pits... :)

BDunnell
2nd November 2009, 23:11
To be honest the driver enters the pit box area when the lollipop man indicates it. Why was the RedBull lollipop man indicating the pits when Alguersuari was coming in?
If anything the team made a mistake given the poorer visbility.

That was exactly my thought at the time. Though inimitablestoo's point above does provide the ideal solution. Very clever of Red Bull.

AndyL
3rd November 2009, 14:09
At least they've come up with a foolproof system to avoid this problem next year - make sure one of your teams finishes runner-up in the constructors' championship while the other one is stone motherless last, then they'll be at opposite ends of the pits... :)

Clever planning :D Oh and by the way I would highly recommend Eurosport's MotoGP coverage in preference to the BBC's ;)