PDA

View Full Version : French Rally no longer Tour de Corse

ShiftingGears
29th October 2009, 20:57
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79820

Shame.

urabus-denoS2000
29th October 2009, 21:11
Shame,but at least it is still in France...

It would be a tragedy to swap Spain for yet another gravel in the middle of nowhere...

And a little point to all those Loeb haters: This is his home event ;)

Langdale Forest
29th October 2009, 21:16
It's always nice to have a change of location.

Francis44
29th October 2009, 21:21
You will see....

First year will be quite strange seeing Rallye de France in another location but 2 or 3 years from now no one will remember.

Langdale Forest
29th October 2009, 21:27
Wehat will the stages be like there?

Mirek
29th October 2009, 21:31
Here You can see how the stages look like in Alsace: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9drlt_benjamin-perrin-alsace-09-es14_auto

It's a bit similar to Barum rally - fast, narrow, sometimes bumpy often in the woods...

bluuford
29th October 2009, 22:47
]Here You can see how the stages look like in Alsace: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9drlt_benjamin-perrin-alsace-09-es14_auto

It's a bit similar to Barum rally - fast, narrow, sometimes bumpy often in the woods...

It look even better than Corsica:-)

J4MIE
30th October 2009, 10:15
Absolutely and toatlly gutted, I always wanted to go to Corsica and now don't have the chance :(

Brother John
30th October 2009, 13:25
Absolutely and toatlly gutted, I always wanted to go to Corsica and now don't have the chance :(

We can go somewhere else to see new rallys! :D

cut the b.s.
30th October 2009, 13:31
You will see....

First year will be quite strange seeing Rallye de France in another location but 2 or 3 years from now no one will remember.

Corsica will be remembered for a long long time by rally fans, for good and bad reasons.
Like Jamie I always had hoped to get to at least 1 WRC rally there, I guess opportunity and desire(in my mind an iconic event and I didnt want to go to see it with a poor entry) never came together.

The Alsace event should be great though, and cheap flights shouldnt be a problem, maybe I'll get to this

I am evil Homer
30th October 2009, 14:59
Corsica though was a shadow of its former self - route was getting worse by the year.

Josti
30th October 2009, 15:59
Corsica though was a shadow of its former self - route was getting worse by the year.

I agree, and the roads got better too, only not for rallying. A lot of character from the rally is gone with those smoother and wider roads.

I still hope Corsica can make a return after the 2012 season in better shape.

PLuto
31st October 2009, 00:10

I have same plans for next year...

Fiat-131-Abarth
31st October 2009, 19:26
Who needs Corsica, San Remo, Monte Carlo or Argentina, when we can have Bulgaria, Turkey, Jordan and Mexico instead.

N.O.T
31st October 2009, 20:13
why you don't like changes ??? I have absolutely no problem with new events or new locations as long as they make a good rally.

Josti
31st October 2009, 21:00
why you don't like changes ??? I have absolutely no problem with new events or new locations as long as they make a good rally.

People feel and think differently about things NOT, that's just the way it is.

I prefer tradition, but every new event should at least been given a chance. However, Turkey for example, has proved nothing of a value for the WRC, and it's quite a joke that it's back on the calender next year.

In case of the Alsace event, it looks good, but I don't like the motivation behind it. It seems the ISC isn't going for a better rally, their just going for more money.

Tomi
31st October 2009, 21:14
People feel and think differently about things NOT, that's just the way it is.

I prefer tradition, but every new event should at least been given a chance. However, Turkey for example, has proved nothing of a value for the WRC, and it's quite a joke that it's back on the calender next year.

In case of the Alsace event, it looks good, but I don't like the motivation behind it. It seems the ISC isn't going for a better rally, their just going for more money.

Are you sure that it is not the corsica organisation who is to blame, it can be the same way it is with monte.
What comes to the new events, Norway and Poland has been good the rest of the new ones lousy.

N.O.T
31st October 2009, 21:26
It seems the ISC isn't going for a better rally, their just going for more money.

thats how things work....never in the history of motorsports and sports in general something was done for the good of the sport, only for profit....and in some cases was good for the sport too

Thats how life works...

and i also like traditional events but i was glad that acropolis is not in the calendar anymore because the last 2-3 years was a joke.

But Corsica was also overun the last few years it was in ... drivers wouldn;t need co-drivers if the stages were the same once more.