PDA

View Full Version : HVM two cars in 2010 but no Viso

MDS
29th October 2009, 19:36
Per racer

HVM added a second car at mid-season with the signing of Robert Doornbos, after the Dutchman was released by Newman/Haaas/Lanigan. Doornbos is signed to return in 2010, but the team is now "exploring options" with its second entry after E.J. Viso's contract with the team expired. Wiggins' hunt for experienced talent applies to the driver's seat vacancy as well as engineering and other team roles

http://www.racer.com/HVM-confirms-two-car-IndyCar-plans-with-changes/article/156352/

Sounds like they would like to have a second car but no sponsorship lined up to do so.

Lousada
29th October 2009, 19:53
Robert Doornbos doesn't have the required finds either. At least, according to his own words, he was still looking for sponsors a few weeks ago. Maybe his father-in-law will pay no matter what. Doornbos is also scheduled to drive A1GP this year but we all know how that is going....

jimispeed
30th October 2009, 03:29
OK, Robert Doornbos hasn't shown it much yet in Indycar, but I'm just gonna put this out there. Him and PT are alot alike IMO. They may just make great team mates!!

Gluaistean
31st October 2009, 15:51
Viso must be going to some other team. Assuming of course that he has the PDSA(sic) sponsorship money.
Moraes is rumored to be going too.

How many drivers are actually paid.

I heard that Wheldon was getting 4 million from Panther and that the Penske salary was in the 6 to 7 million combined. Thats pretty decent money if true.

So with all this shuffling around of drivers and some people saying they do not get paid, then how do they survive? Is Justin Wilson paid? Is Will Power? Is Mario Moraes? Is Kanaan and Franchitti?

If these guys are risking their lives surely they should be paid handsomely.

Dr. Krogshöj
5th November 2009, 18:35
Moraes is rumored to be going too.

Pissed off grandpa?

indyracefan
11th November 2009, 23:10
I'm getting the impression that Viso won't be in the ICS in 2010, a shame too.