PDA

View Full Version : Help PT get a Monster Deal

TURN3
28th October 2009, 17:45
I'm surprised that nobody has said anything on this forum yet. If you haven't heard, there is a campaign going on at monsterenergyhttp://www.monsterenergy.com to call enough attention for Monster to get into the IRL with PT. It can't hurt so get on there and add to the rapidly growing list. Whether you like him or not I think we can all agree that he is good for the sputtering IRL and if Monster is convinced there is value in sponsorship...we gain another in a shrinking list. Help our series if you would and spread the word.

garyshell
28th October 2009, 20:18
Got link?

nigelred5
28th October 2009, 23:23
just post to his "shout Out" messages from what I can tell.

ykiki
28th October 2009, 23:52
I shouted...twice!

bennybigb
29th October 2009, 02:21
I hope Monster saves their money. They could sponsor PT in an ALMS car, there is much more exposure there.

garyshell
29th October 2009, 03:45
I hope Monster saves their money. They could sponsor PT in an ALMS car, there is much more exposure there.

Oh please, I love ALMS, but the notion that a drive there would give them more exposure is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in days. The "PT vs Helio" story at Indy would alone produce ten times the exposure of an entire ALMS season.

Gary

garyshell
29th October 2009, 03:46
http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/athletes-paul-tracy

just post to his "shout Out" messages from what I can tell.

That's the poll or voting that is going on? Just post a comment?

Gary

NickFalzone
29th October 2009, 05:10
Oh please, I love ALMS, but the notion that a drive there would give them more exposure is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in days. The "PT vs Helio" story at Indy would alone produce ten times the exposure of an entire ALMS season.

Gary

That pretty much sums it up. Series-wise, I'd say that the ratings (though ALMS buys time) and at track attendance are a wash. IRL probably gets better at track attendance and moderately less TV.

TURN3
29th October 2009, 05:11
That's the poll or voting that is going on? Just post a comment?

Gary

Once you go to that link, just select the shout out tab and make a plea.

champcarray
29th October 2009, 14:24
Just post a comment at monsterenergy.com/web/athletes-paul-tracy.

Mark in Oshawa
1st November 2009, 23:27

Naaah...I kinda doubt it. Helio vs PT for the lead at the 500 would be a story that would get a few people's attention..

TURN3
6th November 2009, 19:27
Have you all done you part? Even if you have take some initiative and get a friend or 3 to so it also. If PT does in fact get something from Monster I think it would be Kool if we all had something to do with it.

Colin_Harvey
6th November 2009, 19:46
No, I don't think I'll bother thank you.

MDS
6th November 2009, 20:54
From PT's Twitter: "Had a good talk with the new vp of monster , keep the shoutouts flowing, it has to help"

harvick#1
6th November 2009, 23:07

Gary

after being at a IRL and ALMS events, ALMS is so much better. for the IRL, you get a ticket to sit and thats it, ALMS is paddock access everyday and your able to talk to just about anyone. also being at Road Atlanta compared to Joliet Speedway was apples to oranges, road courses are just so much better than ovals.

indyracefan
6th November 2009, 23:55
I shouted...twice!

+1.

TURN3
8th November 2009, 04:29
No, I don't think I'll bother thank you.

Then don't bother being a jerk off and posting to this thread. You're obviously not a fan of the IRL to be as pompaus as you are. No problem, nothing to see here for you, move along.

garyshell
8th November 2009, 04:40

after being at a IRL and ALMS events, ALMS is so much better. for the IRL, you get a ticket to sit and thats it, ALMS is paddock access everyday and your able to talk to just about anyone. also being at Road Atlanta compared to Joliet Speedway was apples to oranges, road courses are just so much better than ovals.

I didn't say anything about the fan experience. I agree, I much prefer going to a road course event be it IRL or ALMS. What I was talking about was the EXPOSURE that Monster would get by sponsoring PT. With the IRL, they would get more exposure in the month of May alone than they would with and entire year of ALMS.

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
8th November 2009, 06:39
I didn't say anything about the fan experience. I agree, I much prefer going to a road course event be it IRL or ALMS. What I was talking about was the EXPOSURE that Monster would get by sponsoring PT. With the IRL, they would get more exposure in the month of May alone than they would with and entire year of ALMS.

Gary

It is this reason alone that Champ Car and CART didn't survive. The month of May. IT is the only thing left keeping OW racing alive.....

Colin_Harvey
8th November 2009, 19:04
Then don't bother being a jerk off and posting to this thread. You're obviously not a fan of the IRL to be as pompaus as you are. No problem, nothing to see here for you, move along.

Why would I want to see some loud-mouth, overweight and above all, slow driver in Indycar next season? The guy got totally out-performed by Dario Franchitti when they were at Team KOOL Green and then just about managed to win the CART championship in 2003, in what was the weakest field by far in the history of that series. Yet some people go on about him as if he's actually talented.

Chamoo
8th November 2009, 20:20
Why would I want to see some loud-mouth, overweight and above all, slow driver in Indycar next season? The guy got totally out-performed by Dario Franchitti when they were at Team KOOL Green and then just about managed to win the CART championship in 2003, in what was the weakest field by far in the history of that series. Yet some people go on about him as if he's actually talented.

That loud-mouth, overweight, and above all, slow driver finished two spots behind Dario Franchitti in the Indy 500 in lesser equipment. That same loud-mouthed, overweight, and slow driver was on pace to win Toronto before he got tangled up with Helio Castroneves.

So you'd rather sit that loud-mouth, overweight, slow driver who carried the CCWS for 3 years in the media and gained them more coverage then anyone else in that series, at home? Instead of adding a car to the grid, you'd rather sit him out? Because if he gets the Monster+Geico money, he won't be taking someone elses seat, he will most certainly be +1 car to the 2010 grid.

I guess you enjoy small grids?

TURN3
9th November 2009, 01:20
That loud-mouth, overweight, and above all, slow driver finished two spots behind Dario Franchitti in the Indy 500 in lesser equipment. That same loud-mouthed, overweight, and slow driver was on pace to win Toronto before he got tangled up with Helio Castroneves.

So you'd rather sit that loud-mouth, overweight, slow driver who carried the CCWS for 3 years in the media and gained them more coverage then anyone else in that series, at home? Instead of adding a car to the grid, you'd rather sit him out? Because if he gets the Monster+Geico money, he won't be taking someone elses seat, he will most certainly be +1 car to the 2010 grid.

I guess you enjoy small grids?

Exactly my point. Of course you could go on and on about the accomplishments for said "slow" driver. These weak 650 hp cars glued to the ground don't make it real hard on drivers these days. Maybe that is why in a part time role on a 2nd tier team he was as competitive as anybody in every race he ran (expect Milwaukee but how'd RHR fair in that equipment?)

You missed the point colon, read first post. Whether you like him or not, he's more talented than all but about 4 or 5 drivers that we're served with here and he and his name brings much much needed attention. While the IRL had the Danica and Indy keeping them afloat, Champ Car drew just as well with PT as the face. Any good driver, sponsor, team that can be added to help our sport is a good addition...even if you don't like him.