PDA

View Full Version : And While the Bad Boys are talking

Roamy
21st February 2007, 03:38
But Colombian Montoya, 31, told the Sunday Mirror: "I don't miss F1 and I have no regrets about leaving. I had options to stay (in 2007).

"F1 is not unfinished business for me and it's not in my mind to return there."

Montoya said he will also not miss seven time world champion Michael Schumacher, who has retired.

He told USA Today last week: "Everyone knew I never liked Michael."

Perfect. F1 Robotics have lost the personalities who come with the driving talent - not the electronic aids

RJL25
21st February 2007, 04:25
i miss montoya.. yeah ok he made mistakes and hardly covered himself with glory at McLaren, truth be known he probably should have never gone their in the first place as the McLaren environment really didnt suit him.

But look it can't be denied that the guy had talent, and he was easily the biggest personality in pit lane and gave all of us plenty of entertainment during his interviews i thought! He certainly wasn't afraid of saying what he really thought...

Ranger
21st February 2007, 04:47
He was a bit of a nob, but he's one of the few guys on the grid whose personality is so black and white that he could just call a spade a spade and leave F1 when the realisation occurs that he won't get a title.

I like that.

If only people like JV did that, he would have saved his racing reputation.

Roamy
21st February 2007, 05:41
I don't rule out JPM's return

Ari
21st February 2007, 05:58
I just liked saying and reading "JPM". ;)

F1boat
21st February 2007, 08:22
Sounds a bit like sour grapes for JPM, but I think that he is honest, not bitter. And about MS, Michael wasn't kind to JPM either, so it is OK, and JPM said nothing exteme.

Mark
21st February 2007, 08:27
Now he's back in America is he back to being just Juan Montoya?

DimitraF1
21st February 2007, 12:00
go to h*ll montoya ,nobody miss ur complains

SGWilko
21st February 2007, 12:07
go to h*ll montoya ,nobody miss ur complains

I don't recommend Hull, it's very overrated.......

Roamy
21st February 2007, 14:44
Dimitra don't piss off the cartel !!

BoilerIMS
21st February 2007, 14:52
Now he's back in America is he back to being just Juan Montoya?

Unexpectedly, no. He is "Juan Pablo Montoya" in the press and on the television.

luvracin
21st February 2007, 15:43
He's not going to have TIME to miss F1 or Michael.

With 30-odd races in the NASCAR season he's gonna be too damn busy.

Tazio
21st February 2007, 16:08
I must say I had a bad attitude toward JPM when he was in f1!
Now I wish he was still in the circus!
I miss that little monkey!

SGWilko
21st February 2007, 16:32
I must say I had a bad attitude toward JPM when he was in f1!
Now I wish he was still in the circus!
I miss that little monkey!

For me, JPM in a Williams brought back memories of Mansell in the late eighties in the Williams. Real gutsy drivers, just what Frank & Patrick strive for. It certainly raised Ralphs game to a new level.

tinchote
21st February 2007, 17:55
I don't miss JPM.

And, regarding his comments, have you ever heard a driver saying: "yeah, my real goal was to stay in F1 and be champion, but as it looked like it might not happen, I looked for something I can win".

Bagwan
21st February 2007, 18:16
I don't miss JPM.

And, regarding his comments, have you ever heard a driver saying: "yeah, my real goal was to stay in F1 and be champion, but as it looked like it might not happen, I looked for something I can win".

That almost sounds like a Villeneuve quote , Tin .

Mind you , he would have elaborated on why .

race aficionado
21st February 2007, 18:26
He told USA Today last week: "Everyone knew I never liked Michael."

brings back many memories . . . "You either have to be blind or stupid . . ."

When we look back, those two had a wonderful rivalry that will get more nostalgic as years go by. Juan really got into Michael's face and we got some memorable moments.

We were fortunate to have Juan do his thing in F1 and as fousto mentions, with Juan we never know. . . . . How long will he be at NASCAR before he is lured in by a winning F1 drive?

We don't know and right now I don't care, I want to enjoy the NASCAR experience and if Juan decides to go elswhere in a couple of years, I'm in.

race
:s mokin:

jso1985
21st February 2007, 19:23
he's not gonna say "God I wish I coul still be in F1" even if he actually wishes it!

Never likedMontoya, most of it because of his big mouth, what's the need of it? all champions have driven their cars with their hands not with their mouths!

Ian McC
21st February 2007, 19:37
I don't recommend Hull, it's very overrated.......

:laugh:

Not sure what he would do for work there either :D

Roamy
22nd February 2007, 04:34
well if I were williams I would punt the two bean poles out of the car and go get JPM back

ioan
22nd February 2007, 08:09
well if I were williams I would punt the two bean poles out of the car and go get JPM back

For sure you would, but you're no Williams!

janneppi
22nd February 2007, 08:52
The chassis isn't strong enough for Fat boy.

Roamy
22nd February 2007, 14:53
The chassis isn't strong enough for Fat boy.

Take away the beans and rock out !!!!

jens
22nd February 2007, 17:50
I can't say that I miss Montoya, because he was unmotivated in 2006. F1 does not need unmotivated drivers, who can't give 100% from themselves. Therefore another environment and series is a better choice for his own sake.

ArrowsFA1
22nd February 2007, 19:33
Sometimes life can be simple. JPM wasn't happy in F1 so he quit for NASCAR. Time will tell if he'll be happier Stateside, but the signs are good so far. Good luck to him.

Ian McC
22nd February 2007, 21:19
Seems to be that the ex drivers have more to say than the current ones. Maybe with all this hot air they should take up balloon racing :D

Storm
23rd February 2007, 10:10
If Montoya ever comes back to F1 I would be really happy.

Not going to happen though :(