PDA

View Full Version : Los Drivos de los racos

UltimateDanGTR
18th October 2009, 18:50
sorry for awful portunglish writing there, but you get the picture

I cant choose, Hammy, Kubi, Bunsen, Webber, Vettel-all great today.

over to you

harvick#1
18th October 2009, 18:52
Webber, Hamilton, Vettel, and Kubica are all tied.

Bunsen passed the guys who are nobodies, passing anyone with barely any racing experience in F1 is hardly spectacular, now if it was on vettel, hamilton, etc... then I'd give him props

ioan
18th October 2009, 18:54
Kubica, Hamilton and Vettel.

VkmSpouge
18th October 2009, 19:45
Mark Webber, he drove flawlessly in both qualifying and race.

Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Robert Kubica, Jenson Button and Sebastien Buemi all drove very good races

Garry Walker
18th October 2009, 19:46
Kubica, Hamilton and Vettel.

Yet Vettels teammate, who won the race, gets no praise from you. Weird.

Driver of the race: Webber, Kubica, Kimi, Hamilton.

HenryM
18th October 2009, 19:52
Melhores pilotos da corrida!

button+webber+kubica+hamilton+vettel

harsha
18th October 2009, 20:21
Webber,Kubica,Hamilton,Vettel and Button in that order

BDunnell
18th October 2009, 20:23
Kubica, I thought, was especially impressive.

jimakos
18th October 2009, 20:23
Webber Vettel Hamilton for me!!!

ioan
18th October 2009, 20:25
Yet Vettels teammate, who won the race, gets no praise from you. Weird.

Driver of the race: Webber, Kubica, Kimi, Hamilton.

2nd to first through a pit stop overtaking what an achievement! :laugh:

Webber is a good driver and his drive was exceptional at Nurburgring but nothing worthy of aplause today.

PS: Now that I know how to p!ss you off I'll just keep mentioning Vettel every now and then. :D

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 20:26

Bunsen passed the guys who are nobodies, passing anyone with barely any racing experience in F1 is hardly spectacular, now if it was on vettel, hamilton, etc... then I'd give him props

:eek: I am sure that you not giving the 2009 world champion props is going to devastate him. He will just not enjoy the big party in Sao Paulo tonight! :rolleyes:

Secondly - there are no "nobodies" in the race.

Why do you even watch f1 when it is clear that you always complain and criticize. Go watch NASCAR - aka: fast taxi cabs - where overtaking means nothing and and it is the racing equivalent of the WWF.

Dave B
18th October 2009, 20:27
Webber put in a flawless drive, but it was in the best car with none of the championship pressure on him.

Hamilton overcame a terrible grid position to put it on the podium.

Button soaked up the pressure like a sponge; and overtook more people in one race than many drivers manage in a season. He was unfortunate to find himself trapped behind a weaving Toyota, but even so still risked his championship to pass it.

Vettel knew it was sh*t or bust, and gave everything and more in a bid to keep his slender hopes alive.

How to decide between the four? I'm not sure I can. Heart says Jenson simply because he was most under presure, but head says it was a cracking race and to single out one driver would be unfair.

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 20:35

Webber is a good driver and his drive was exceptional at Nurburgring but nothing worthy of aplause today.

PS: Now that I know how to p!ss you off I'll just keep mentioning Vettel every now and then. :D

Winning a grand prix is always worthy of applause. It means that the driver concerned has done better than everyone else and it is after all the reason why everyone turns up - to win!

Also, overtaking through pits stops is quite normal. I do NOT need to remind you who was very good at doing that, especially his pit in and out times.

harsha
18th October 2009, 20:38

so schumi's victories while overtaking through pitstops weren't good achivements :rolleyes:

Saint Devote
18th October 2009, 20:39
Webber put in a flawless drive, but it was in the best car with none of the championship pressure on him.

Button soaked up the pressure like a sponge; and overtook more people in one race than many drivers manage in a season. He was unfortunate to find himself trapped behind a weaving Toyota, but even so still risked his championship to pass it.

Vettel knew it was sh*t or bust, and gave everything and more in a bid to keep his slender hopes alive.

How to decide between the four? I'm not sure I can. Heart says Jenson simply because he was most under presure, but head says it was a cracking race and to single out one driver would be unfair.

Good post although I give it to Button.

He mixed it today as he said he would and was detemined to win the title today. He did what was neccessary and did not make a single error just scything through and displaying what a smooth excellent driver he is.

Not a millimeter move more than neccessary on the wheel.

DexDexter
18th October 2009, 21:36
Kubica, Button, Hamilton with a special mention to Kimi (because he had gasoline in his eyes).

truefan72
18th October 2009, 21:47
webber, hamilton, kubica

keysersoze
18th October 2009, 22:07
Webber's lousy move on Kimi eliminates him from getting the drive-of-the-race award--at least in my eyes. But the Kiwi was flawless otherwise.

Kubica did very well in a car that has been average at best all year.

Hamilton is just a BULL! Man he's good.

Button for sewing it all up.

Koba impressed me 99% of the time.

Dave B
18th October 2009, 22:10
Webber's lousy move on Kimi eliminates him from getting the drive-of-the-race award--at least in my eyes. But the Kiwi was flawless otherwise.

You do know that "Kiwi" is slang for a New Zealander, and that Webber is Australian, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway: what "lousy move"?

ioan
18th October 2009, 22:11
so schumi's victories while overtaking through pitstops weren't good achivements :rolleyes:

You have nothing better than start bringing MS into discussion?
How ever if you decided to go down this route I can only say that MS' 90+ race wins, some of them from the back of the grid and with countless overtaking moves, are worth of many more applause than Webber's 2. I hope you get the ideea.

Dave B
18th October 2009, 22:12
Would you rather that Webber had qualified worse, in order to make his victory somehow more worthwhile? :s

harsha
18th October 2009, 22:16
You have nothing better than start bringing MS into discussion?
How ever if you decided to go down this route I can only say that MS' 90+ race wins, some of them from the back of the grid and with countless overtaking moves, are worth of many more applause than Webber's 2. I hope you get the ideea.

nope but it sure is funny when you laugh at a driver who's won a race "by overtaking through pits" and idolize another driver who's the master of that craft.....as i said,it's nice to see people getting emo :D

ShiftingGears
18th October 2009, 22:22
Kubica was impressive. Webber drove well. Special mention to Kimi who drove extremely well even though he had petrol in his eyes. He is a hard man.

I was also impressed by Kobayashi's defense, very ruthless.

Sonic
18th October 2009, 22:30
So many good drives. Aside from the obvious ones i'd like to mention Nico - who if as we were led to believe was on full wet did a great job hanging onto the leaders before his luck ran out.

And Kobay. Great first drive, never gave up and came home to the flag. Excellent, give that man a full time seat.

keysersoze
18th October 2009, 22:38
You do know that "Kiwi" is slang for a New Zealander, and that Webber is Australian, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway: what "lousy move"?

I do know that and, oops, I thought Mark was from NZ. My bad.

His lousy move was putting Kimi into the grass. It was lousy and is very unbecoming of a guy who tries to pass himself off the Lord of All Things Concerning Safety. Just look at what happened to Trull and Nakajima to see what COULD have happened when I guy gets forced into a last-second move, and Mark knew what he was doing. His justification was PATHETIC, and I'm paraphrasing: Kimi would've done it so it's OK for me to do it.

Talk about no moral courage. :rolleyes:

Hondo
18th October 2009, 22:54
Webber.

ioan
18th October 2009, 23:19
Would you rather that Webber had qualified worse, in order to make his victory somehow more worthwhile? :s

I don't give a rats as$ about where Webber should or not have qualified.

I'm expressing an opinion about who was/were the best drivers in this race and for the reason I stated Webber isn't in the group of 3 that I mentioned.

N. Jones
18th October 2009, 23:57

Yeah, but he sure did have a hard time passing Kobayashi!

wedge
19th October 2009, 00:10
Kubica

Praise to Kobayashi for a solid and entertaining drive.

Saint Devote
19th October 2009, 00:47
Kubica

Praise to Kobayashi for a solid and entertaining drive.

Kubayashi was braking and moving over in the zone and at least once almost caused Jenson to crash.

Eventually he tried the banzai tactic with Kazuki and he caused a crash.

Maybe or not Kubayashi is f1 material, but with tactics like that he will quickly learn his way to the carpet in Paris.

Anyway, Jenson did get by him tactics and all and that is what counted.

Boudica
19th October 2009, 00:50
Kubica, Hamilton, Button, Raikkonen, Vettel and Kobayashi, there were many good drives.

penagate
19th October 2009, 01:58
Kubayashi was braking and moving over in the zone and at least once almost caused Jenson to crash.

Yes, but he didn't break any rules, and his was definitely the most entertaining drive of the race, far more impressive than anything we've seen from Alguesuari or Grosjean.

truefan72
19th October 2009, 02:41
I do know that and, oops, I thought Mark was from NZ. My bad.

His lousy move was putting Kimi into the grass. It was lousy and is very unbecoming of a guy who tries to pass himself off the Lord of All Things Concerning Safety. Just look at what happened to Trull and Nakajima to see what COULD have happened when I guy gets forced into a last-second move, and Mark knew what he was doing. His justification was PATHETIC, and I'm paraphrasing: Kimi would've done it so it's OK for me to do it.

Talk about no moral courage. :rolleyes:

that move was not nice at all and it was not the first time he did that.
In essence if they call them all the same way I can chalk it to racing, but the reality of the matter is that if there is any move that should be scrutinized, it is that particular move where you force a driver off track.

i don't mind the weaving around, or blocking, but I do not condone the purposeful and dangerous maneuvering that would force a competitor off track and potentially cause serious damage to that car, other cars or spectators, or the drivers. What webber did was wrong, what Kobayashi did was equally as bad since he cut across when the driver was accelerating to overtake him.

so in a rare case he is both a driver of the race and a partial donkey

woody2goody
19th October 2009, 02:42
Mark Webber, he drove flawlessly in both qualifying and race.

Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Robert Kubica, Jenson Button and Sebastien Buemi all drove very good races

Pretty much those guys :)

christophulus
19th October 2009, 09:19
Button & Vettel had great races, which is great to see from two championship contenders. Rather than just hanging back, (if Button hadn't finished he'd still be champion based on yesterday's result) he was at full attack all race.

And well done to Webber for a dominant drive, it's a shame his second race win was largely ignored by the BBC so they could go and be sprayed with beer by the cheering, slightly incoherent Brawn mechanics :)

F1boat
19th October 2009, 09:36
Webbo for the win
Kubica for the podium
Jenson for the WDC :)

I am evil Homer
19th October 2009, 09:49
Kubica and Hamilton tied IMO....both overcoming bad cars to score podiums was highly impressive.

Buemi raised his game at this GP and also deserves a mention.

Sonic
19th October 2009, 12:41

Maybe or not Kubayashi is f1 material, but with tactics like that he will quickly learn his way to the carpet in Paris.

Ah yes, but remember you said Kobay would qualify and race last so the very fact that he did such a good job on Button proves he's the best rookie by far this season.

GO KOBAY!

Knock-on
19th October 2009, 13:23

Spot on. A wonderful and entertaining race that had everything :)

wedge
19th October 2009, 15:54

Rubens squeezed Hamilton onto the pitwall.

jens
19th October 2009, 15:58
Kubica drove a special race IMO. The BMW-Sauber has been much-improved in the second half of the season, so that Rob finally managed to grab the opportunity and show his true level, which is why I regard him as a potential top driver. I think he took absolutely everything out of this machinery this race.

Nice recovery drives by Vettel and especially Hamilton. Well done to Webber for winning the second race of his career. Rosberg was going well until his car broke down. Buemi drove well - he has gone off the radar a bit recently, so he deserves a notice especially considering how badly all other rookies are struggling. Considering the mentioned circumstances here Kimi did well too - aren't the visors safe enough to protect from fluids or wasn't his visor completely closed in the pitlane? Any evidence?