PDA

View Full Version : Dario Franchitti - The flying Scotsman

Andy Harrison
14th October 2009, 13:13
Well done Dario!
I would maybe have liked to see Dixon take the championship but I'm pleased with the result, even if Briscoe was a little unlucky in the last race.
Come on Scotland!

cool interview where Franchitti predicts the future in this early 2009 interview ahead of the season beginning (he's pretty accurate)!

http://grid1.tv/#browse/media_vault/drivers?id=1_242

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 15:05
Gotta love Dario. That and the beautiful Ashley waiting in the pits....

Dario is the best choice for champion marketing wise outside of Helio.

Wade91
14th October 2009, 16:11
to championships in a row for Target Chip Ganassi racing! :D

garyshell
14th October 2009, 16:55
Gotta love Dario. That and the beautiful Ashley waiting in the pits....

Dario is the best choice for champion marketing wise outside of Helio.

The thing that impresses me most about Ashley, as a racing wife, is how much she seems to understand the sport. I heard an interview with her last year and she was talking about a conversation with Dario about the setup and handling of the car. I wish I could remember the details, but at the time it blew me away. It was apparent she wasn't just parroting the words, she understood what she was talking about. She has obviously taken a keen interest in what Dario is doing.

Gary

garyshell
14th October 2009, 16:56
to championships in a row for Target Chip Ganassi racing! :D

And, technically, two in a row for Dario!

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 23:55
The thing that impresses me most about Ashley, as a racing wife, is how much she seems to understand the sport. I heard an interview with her last year and she was talking about a conversation with Dario about the setup and handling of the car. I wish I could remember the details, but at the time it blew me away. It was apparent she wasn't just parroting the words, she understood what she was talking about. She has obviously taken a keen interest in what Dario is doing.

Gary

Ashley is a super smart woman, and I cant imagine her not learning all she could. She hasn't missed too many races in the last few years. She has learned more than most of the wives....

Jag_Warrior
15th October 2009, 02:08
Eh, I guess Ashley's OK. But she's no Sandy Andretti. :p

DBell
15th October 2009, 02:11

Yep. No one could wear a ridiculous hat like she could. :p

garyshell
15th October 2009, 05:42

Yep. No one could wear a ridiculous hat like she could. :p

Or those god awful sunglasses and bling. Nope, Ashley is no Sandy, and thank god for that!

Gary

Andy Harrison
15th October 2009, 11:51
And, technically, two in a row for Dario!

Gary

I like it!
Good work Dario, for the racing and for his misses ;)

garyshell
15th October 2009, 16:15
Have you guys forgotten who the team sponsor was at the time? Sandy's wardrobe was all part of the deal.
:D :D :D

Come now, even THAT retailer would not put such tacky crap on their shelves. :eek:

Gary

NickFalzone
16th October 2009, 05:37
Haha, just in case you wanted Ashley's full reaction after the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JwZ7pwkYQ

And Miller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJnvFPqsoPY

garyshell
16th October 2009, 07:12
Thanks Nick! Ashley is great. It's nice to see a racing wife so involved and knowledgeable. There may be others that we don't get to hear from, I am sure who she is has some influence on the media access. But that doesn't take away from what a class act she AND her husband both are.

As for Robin, I bet he wants to be reincarnated as Dario because of Ashley! ...big ol' grin...

Gary

MDS
16th October 2009, 15:38
Maybe as a publicity stunt we should put make a giant mylar balloon, put Dario in a small plywood carriage and then "accidently" let it go. Seems to work pretty well for some people.

Mark in Oshawa
24th October 2009, 21:49
Very cool of Ashley to acknowledge the anniversary of the day we lost Greg Moore and how she stays in touch with his folks. Ashley is the best.....

Jag_Warrior
25th October 2009, 17:32
Maybe as a publicity stunt we should put make a giant mylar balloon, put Dario in a small plywood carriage and then "accidently" let it go. Seems to work pretty well for some people.

:rotflmao: You caught me totally off guard with that one!

garyshell
25th October 2009, 17:34
Very cool of Ashley to acknowledge the anniversary of the day we lost Greg Moore and how she stays in touch with his folks. Ashley is the best.....

It's every bit as nice having HER back in the series as it is having him back. And it's damn nice having him back!

Gary

EagleEye
26th October 2009, 02:19
Or those god awful sunglasses and bling. Nope, Ashley is no Sandy, and thank god for that!

Gary

I'm sure Ashley would not have three wardrobe changes at the team Christmas party like Sandy did back in the day.