PDA

View Full Version : Carl Edwards on The Price Is Right

BobbyC
13th October 2009, 12:14
Drew Carey reported on his Twitter yesterday that after the Pepsi 500, Carl Edwards held in Los Angeles for another day to tape an appearance on The Price Is Right. I wonder if he's the model for a 2010 Ford Taurus EcoBoost.

There's a difference between a show model doing it and Cousin Carl. IRL driver Sarah Fisher had appeared in May with an Indy 500-themed Showcase (TAG Heuer watch, Indy 500 tickets, Honda Insight), and the August 2008 Pepsi 500 at Fontana featured Carey as grand marshal. They've attempted Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400 Showcases in Carey's administration at the show, and now there's a Carl Edwards appearance. Other celebrities who have appeared on the show have included golfer Natalie Gulbis (who did the inspiration putt in Hole in One, which now has an adidas product-placement with the clubs; Carey's Seattle Sounders FC has an adidas deal, and Gulbis is signed to adidas), and Buzz Aldrin (who will appear later this year).

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 00:44
Drew Carey it seems is trying to liven up what was a tired franchise. Gotta like the product placement stuff and man, I wish I could have seen Gulbus.

As for Cousin Carl, well is there a better spokesguy in NASCAR really? Carl could smile and charm the birds out of trees, and tigers out of the bushes, and have them all eating out of his hand....

muggle not
14th October 2009, 03:04
Drew Carey it seems is trying to liven up what was a tired franchise. Gotta like the product placement stuff and man, I wish I could have seen Gulbus.

As for Cousin Carl, well is there a better spokesguy in NASCAR really? Carl could smile and charm the birds out of trees, and tigers out of the bushes, and have them all eating out of his hand....
yeah, but too bad he can't drive. :D

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 05:05
Ya Muggle, only won 9 races last year...that Edwards guy has NO future eh?