PDA

View Full Version : FOM money to 2010 teams?

IMSA
12th October 2009, 14:00
Can anyone verify how much F1 teams will receive from FOM in 2010? I assume this is a revenue share deal.

The reason I ask, USF1 is "claiming" they will receive $40 Million from FOM in 2010 when they are presenting investment opportunities to investors. They also claim they will "profit" $43 million if they receive the "expected" $40 million in sponsorships for the 2010 season (along with the $40 Million form FOM and $5 million in other revenue).

I hope someone close to FOM or F1 comment on this?

Thanks!

IMSA
13th October 2009, 13:26
Where did all the F1 "experts" go?

Sonic
13th October 2009, 14:26
I expertly claim to have heard nothing about this ;)

Where's this from?

DexDexter
13th October 2009, 16:46
First of all the figures are well-kept secrets and even if somebody posted the information here, how would you know that the info was valid? It could come from a pimple-faced teenager. Come on, this is an anonymous discussion board, not a very reliable source of information.

IMSA
13th October 2009, 21:18
This info is straight from USF1 and their "investment" package.

They are claiming the $40 million from FOM. This is being presented to people with TONS of $$ and ZERO motorsports experience.

I was asking this forum if anyone could verify this "claim".

ioan
13th October 2009, 22:13
I was asking this forum if anyone could verify this "claim".

Not really. When it comes to getting money from Bernie it is never a very obvious let alone safe process. ;)

Rollo
13th October 2009, 23:36
Can anyone verify how much F1 teams will receive from FOM in 2010? I assume this is a revenue share deal.

No.

The way TV rights is divvied up is subject to a hideously complex formula that takes into account the results for the season before, years in Formula One, other wrangling and factors relating to discussions held over glasses of sherry and wine in Monte Carlo harbour.

Even if someone from FOM actually was reading this site, there is less than a snowflake's chance in hell that they'd ever let on at how the money was allocated.