PDA

View Full Version : Any news about NORF 2010?

General Prim
10th October 2009, 19:21
I mean about the possibility of a Saturday finish, not new stages. Just trying to book flights as earlier as possible. Kiitos

Rallyper
21st November 2009, 15:07
Nice to know any gossip from the planning of NORF 2010.... ;)

jiipee64
23rd November 2009, 12:26
Just a second... I'll have look

Sorry service park looks still empty...

Rallyper
23rd November 2009, 14:22

Oh... is it this coming weekend then? :D

bluuford
23rd November 2009, 20:01

Is there any snow or are we going to face another NORF without snow? ;-P

J4MIE
24th November 2009, 00:05
Can we have a warm and sunny event in 2010 please? :)

Hartusvuori
24th November 2009, 07:35
Can we have a warm and sunny event in 2010 please? :)

Computer says no.

DonJippo
26th November 2009, 16:21
I mean about the possibility of a Saturday finish, not new stages. Just trying to book flights as earlier as possible. Kiitos

NORF 2010 will start on Thuirsday evening with one SS in Jyväskylä (maybe Harju?) and road positions for Friday will be based on results of this stage. Rally will end on Saturday evening so no stages on Sunday and total stage mileage is a bit over 300 kms.

Hartusvuori
26th November 2009, 17:05
NORF 2010 will start on Thuirsday evening with one SS in Jyväskylä (maybe Harju?) and road positions for Friday will be based on results of this stage. Rally will end on Saturday evening so no stages on Sunday and total stage mileage is a bit over 300 kms.

And no Killeri SSS at all. I'm a bit saddened by the fact that the lenght of the rally won't be longer. I would've hoped for some 60 kms of stages for Thursday evening if Sunday was cut out, but apparently - no.

Simmi
26th November 2009, 17:20

Very interesting. Do you know how exactly they will decide the road positions? Reverse the top 10?

If you sweep the Friday stages for coming first on the SS then what is the incentive to win that opening stage? Especially when the field is so close you could win the first stage by a tenth and then lose so much more time road sweeping.

Hartusvuori
26th November 2009, 17:26
There's no further news on how road positions will be decided. This information was given out by AKK Sports CEO Jarmo Muhonen in his article on rally's newsletter. It said, translated from Finnish:

"We'll start on Thursday 29.7.2010 with little celebration and driving one stage in the city, by which results' will the running order for the next day be decided. Idea in itself isn't new, we have thought about it for years. Now we want to pilot it for the whole series in Finland".He placed his words so that it can't be ruled out either way that whether the running order is decided normally throughout the field or perhaps so other way for Top 10 or Top 15. Like you mentioned, it propably isn't a stage win anyone desires to take if it means you're running first the next day.

Mahonen also promised that there'll be plenty of positive surprises according the route and show surrounding it. It must be remembered that it is the 60th 1000 Lakes.

Juha_Koo
26th November 2009, 17:48
Damn...! I have to be conducting my service to this country just the same year when the 60th anniversary edition of Finnish world rally. I'd say what a great timing...not. :(

I'm hoping getting to see Saturday's action live though. So that I can keep my consecutive Finnish world rally visits going. That would be 17th.

Simmi
26th November 2009, 17:49
I would hope they do some reversing of the road order. If you're a driver and you think if I win this I can be tenth on the road tomorrow then that is real incentive to push. But if not then I feel it would be a tactical nightmare.

Too much we see drivers not wanting to push so this would be a good idea if they do the reverse. I suppose there is also a question of whether this will be allowed by the FIA. It looks like they are trying to give organisers more freedom so lets hope so.

Also here's hoping they can get some cameras there and make this a live tv stage.

Hartusvuori
26th November 2009, 17:58
I suppose there is also a question of whether this will be allowed by the FIA.

"The concept had FIA's and ISC's approval last week", said Mahonen, but again he could be referring to Saturday finish only.

Rallyper
26th November 2009, 18:12
I remember in 99 they had a stage in the city of Jyväskylä, in the area of Savela. In and out of the houses and finnish at the icehockeyarena, I do think.

Can it be like the same in 2010? :confused:

Hartusvuori
27th November 2009, 13:13
Clerk of the course Kai Tarkiainen said in an interview for YLE news that they've been in contact with Finnish and other drivers that own historic rally cars used in 1000 Lakes. Intention is to drive the cars through some of the stages plus an exhibition to Service Park area.

At this stage of the planning, there are 19 stages: 140 kms for Friday and 160 kms for Saturday. Route will be published as usual at the time Rally Guide 1 is published. 2009 RG1 was out February 27th.

J4MIE
29th November 2009, 21:18
So then, there will be more stages per day to get to then, i.e. with timing that lets you get to 3-4 per day instead of the usual stay for two runs and maybe one other if you're lucky?

pino
30th November 2009, 06:37

Good news! I was tired of wasting my time with boring driving on Sunday, when the game was already over. Let's now hope the event will keep the excitment until the end of the day. Can't wait... :D

Hartusvuori
30th November 2009, 10:41
So then, there will be more stages per day to get to then, i.e. with timing that lets you get to 3-4 per day instead of the usual stay for two runs and maybe one other if you're lucky?

Not necessarily if rally totals only 300 km. This year it was 345 km, 131 km on Leg 1, 167 km on Leg 2 and 47 on Leg 3. Clerk of the Course Kai Tarkiainen has already mentioned that it could be 140 km on Leg 1 and 160 km on Leg 2 which would mean that Saturday would actually be shorter than this year.

In an interview for local newspaper Jämsän Seutu (Saturday November 28th) Route Manager Pekka Tähtinen mentioned that there won't be many changes to the stages around Jämsä region (Leg 2), however they're just starting to make deals for which roads are available. I understood from the interview that Himos stage could be in danger. From another source I've heard a rumour that Kaipolanvuori stage which was used in 2007 and 2009 could make a comeback next year.

I remember reading from some FIA regulations or related material that WRC events should end (meaning: podium) before 6 PM so that media coverage could be done in time. I should find out about that where it was, but could this be the case with Saturday-finish rallies as well. I really hope not.

Other new things I learned from the Jämsän Seutu article was that the podium will be at Lutakko harbour (which is on the other side of the road from the Service Park) and also - alas - that there will be no additional Group F Vetomies race in 2010.

Simmi
30th November 2009, 10:58
So on the face of it it doesn't seem like the Finnish fans are getting a better deal here.

Probably an earlier start too on the Saturday morning. I was expecting rallies to be adding km's rather than shaving them off.

Tomi
30th November 2009, 11:00
From another source I've heard a rumour that Kaipolanvuori stage which was used in 2007 and 2009 could make a comeback next year.

thats good news, Kaipolanvuori is better.

Hartusvuori
30th November 2009, 11:20
Probably an earlier start too on the Saturday morning.

This year first stage on Saturday started 7.13 if I recall it correct, so it can't be much earlier then...

Koppomsbo
30th November 2009, 14:09
and what about Group F??

Will they be there?

Hartusvuori
30th November 2009, 14:15
and what about Group F??

Will they be there?

Already said that the news is they won't.

J4MIE
30th November 2009, 19:35
Maybe it's not quite so good new then if you just enjoy being out in the forests :( Though I suppose it will mean I need to take one less day off work to go. We'll see when the route is announced I guess.

Rallyper
30th November 2009, 19:42
There will be a great party at Lahjavuori on Saturday night then...? And at the Paviljonki of course too.

Anyway for us swedes that probably will wait until sunday evening to get back home on ferry from Turku it could be fun in Jyväskylä by Saturday evening.

General Prim
12th December 2009, 18:47
So now after FIA's World Council, must we expect a early Thursday start and a late finish on Saturday as other events are increasing total kms?

DonJippo
12th December 2009, 21:20
So now after FIA's World Council, must we expect a early Thursday start and a late finish on Saturday as other events are increasing total kms?

No, schedule will be as already announced.

pino
12th December 2009, 21:53
So shakedown in Laajavuori as usual on Thursday morning still?

DonJippo
13th December 2009, 11:59
So shakedown in Laajavuori as usual on Thursday morning still?

Yes shakedown on Thursday morning.

Rallyper
13th December 2009, 18:47
Yes shakedown on Thursday morning.

Yeah, but will it be at Laajavuori? :confused:

Wasn´t it said "center of Jyväskylä"?

Tomi
13th December 2009, 19:41
Yeah, but will it be at Laajavuori? :confused:

Wasn´t it said "center of Jyväskylä"?

No, the first stage that decides the starting order is in jyväskylä.

pino
13th December 2009, 20:59
Thanks guys :)

Rallyper
14th December 2009, 20:03
No, the first stage that decides the starting order is in jyväskylä.

Sorry, mixed it up with first stage.... :o

Koppomsbo
17th January 2010, 20:10
So, how many forumers is planning a trip to NORF this year? :)

Tomi
17th January 2010, 20:15
Hopefully many as possible, its anniversery rally, there will be all kind of happenings, and also legendary drivers will drive, everyone Welcome :) I assure you you wont be dissapointed.

"This was not sponsored by Finnish Tourist Authoritys"

Koppomsbo
18th January 2010, 09:54
Hopefully many as possible, its anniversery rally, there will be all kind of happenings, and also legendary drivers will drive, everyone Welcome :) I assure you you wont be dissapointed.

"This was not sponsored by Finnish Tourist Authoritys"

Well, we are four of us going over there :D Looking forward to it A LOT.

Rallyper
18th January 2010, 09:57
I´ll be there and my son as well. The new itenary mixes things up a bit so we have to go by ferry from Stockholm already during monday maybe. But going home will be as usual on Sunday night from Åbo.

Hope there will be plenty of things to do on Saturday night..? :cool:

Tomi
18th January 2010, 10:41
Guys, maybe it would be clever to book the accomodation a bit earlier than usually, Kimi and the other program there will be might bring people that usually dont go there.

N.O.T
18th January 2010, 12:27
Can someone confirm that kankkunen will be there ??? if he is... then how long should someone should start to search for accommodation in order to find a good place close to the rally route ?

Rallyper
18th January 2010, 12:34
Can someone confirm that kankkunen will be there ??? if he is... then how long should someone should start to search for accommodation in order to find a good place close to the rally route ?

N.O.T/ You should do it already now. Usually all hotels are prebooked by organizer, so you have to look for another accomodation than the central hotels.
http://jyvaskylanseutu.fi/travel/accommodation?textversion=1http://www.jyvaskyla.fi

Tomi
18th January 2010, 13:06

yes he will, better to start arranging accomodation right away.

Brother John
18th January 2010, 13:14
yes he will, better to start arranging accomodation right away.
Do I have to talk with Don? :D

Rallyper
18th January 2010, 13:51
Do I have to talk with Don? :D

Don Martin or whom do you have to talk to? Do as we will, buy a tent and experience the real finnish rallysummer at its best. :D

Mauri A
18th January 2010, 15:09
I sure can confirm that kankkunen will be there. kankkunen with small "k" means hangover in finnish!

Koppomsbo
18th January 2010, 15:24
Do as we will, buy a tent and experience the real finnish rallysummer at its best. :D

Then we will be neigbours :D Pm me and maybe we can meet :)

Hartusvuori
18th January 2010, 15:28
I sure can confirm that kankkunen will be there. kankkunen with small "k" means hangover in finnish!

http://www.smcm.edu/studentevents/_assets/images/the-hangover.jpg
http://plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/kauheakankkunenisojuliste.jpg

Rallyper
18th January 2010, 15:58
http://www.smcm.edu/studentevents/_assets/images/the-hangover.jpg
http://plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/kauheakankkunenisojuliste.jpg

:D :D

Langdale Forest
18th January 2010, 20:15

I'm sure that does not apply to Juha! :D

br21
27th January 2010, 20:16
I'm looking for accomodation for approx. 50 people. Especially interested in cottage houses. Please PM me if you have some good ideas.

Rallyper
27th January 2010, 20:43
I'm looking for accomodation for approx. 50 people. Especially interested in cottage houses. Please PM me if you have some good ideas.

You should use a military tent then... :D

Tomi
27th January 2010, 20:53
Here is 2 places from where to ask for accomodation.

http://www.himoslomat.fi/en
http://www.kp-rantapirtti.fi/index.php?lang=en

A.F.F.
27th January 2010, 21:29
I thought hell freezes before N.O.T. arrives to Finland :eek:

bluuford
27th January 2010, 23:20
I thought hell freezes before N.O.T. arrives to Finland :eek:
It is one hell of a freezing here already :-)

Koppomsbo
28th January 2010, 06:41
Well all the snow now means that there will plenty of water in lakes to wash when the time for NORF is here ;)

J4MIE
29th January 2010, 15:12
My flights are booked ;)

Hartusvuori
25th February 2010, 19:48
Route for NORF 2010 is revealed. Schedule will be published tomorrow with RG1.

I'm rather dissappointed that the rumoured city stage is indeed Laajavuori. If it'll be ran same as previous years' shakedown, that'll be a total rip-off. Ten fastest drivers get to choose a road position for Friday.

19 stages altogether, some 310 kms during Friday and Saturday. One service break on Friday and two service breaks on Saturday - which is nice from spectator's point of view.

No Ouninpohja though.

Link (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/sisapiirinews/2010/sisapiirinuutiskirje210/nesteoilrallin2010reittijulkaistu/default.html) to Finnish teaser by the organisers. As said, RG1 will be out tomorrow.

Rallyper
26th February 2010, 10:23
Not any big surprices to me. Thats a disappointment I think.

Lajavuori could be good but big chances to fail.

Where is shakedown - in Muurame?

Should have been Ouninpohja and Humalamäki too. That would have been good!

J4MIE
26th February 2010, 12:09
I think the schedule looks ok, longer days to make up for the one day less. But looks like you can get to quite a few stages per day so I'm happy with it. Will be interesting to see Laajavuori used as a proper stage, it always cut up badly on shakedown, I assume Muurame will be more like a "proper" stage?

Hartusvuori
26th February 2010, 13:15
I think the schedule looks ok, longer days to make up for the one day less. But looks like you can get to quite a few stages per day so I'm happy with it. Will be interesting to see Laajavuori used as a proper stage, it always cut up badly on shakedown, I assume Muurame will be more like a "proper" stage?

I've no idea where in Muurame shakedown will take place, but I guess the change have indeed something to with the fact Laajavuori gets into a horrible shape during shakedown. I'm still pondering whether to skip SS Laajavuori because it might get really crowded and hard to get in and out.

And like you mentioned, schedule looks so that 3-4 stages per day should be reachable. Especially the fact that Friday runs 3+ hours longer in the forest stages is welcomed.

Tomi
26th February 2010, 16:07
I've no idea where in Muurame shakedown will take place, but I guess the change have indeed something to with the fact Laajavuori gets into a horrible shape during shakedown. I'm still pondering whether to skip SS Laajavuori because it might get really crowded and hard to get in and out.

And like you mentioned, schedule looks so that 3-4 stages per day should be reachable. Especially the fact that Friday runs 3+ hours longer in the forest stages is welcomed.

The change to drive Laajavuori as a stage can be because in the past the rallys first stage was usually Laajavuori.
RallyPer mentioned Humalamäki, does anyone know is that stage still gravel road? If it is, they should consider to bring it on, its an incredible stage.

Micke_VOC
26th February 2010, 17:58
I dont like the "two-days" race.
Friday is ok, maybe four stages that day, but on saturday its hard do see more and two or three i think...

The traffic its a big problem between the stages...

jiipee64
27th February 2010, 18:17
Shakedown??

Ruuhimäki??

It's has been shakedown before!!

Rallyper
27th February 2010, 23:49
Shakedown??

Ruuhimäki??

It's has been shakedown before!!

No, no. According to Rallyguide shakedown will be at Muurame, but no maps showed on that one. So it´s still a "secret" where....

Rallyper
3rd March 2010, 12:56
What about shakedown at Muurame? Any news? :confused:

Hartusvuori
22nd March 2010, 12:02
What about shakedown at Muurame? Any news? :confused:

Seppo Harjanne told in a radio interview that shakedown stage will start at about the end of the highway from Jyväskylä towards Jämsä (going under the highway) and ending at about Muurame Golf course. So that is not exact information, so this isn't 100% sure, but I'd think it'll be Rannankyläntie that will be used as a shakedown. If so, it look (http://maps.google.fi/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=muurame,+rannankyl%C3%A4ntie&sll=62.163739,25.682859&sspn=0.030259,0.111494&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+40950+Muurame&ll=62.176401,25.680542&spn=0.060172,0.222988&t=h&z=13&layer=c&cbll=62.176406,25.68036&panoid=Htyn7q7kvxFLoGLRcHsRwQ&cbp=12,300.33,,0,-2.27) faster road than Laajavuori, but also harder to access from spectator's point of view. But like said, not exact information.

Rallyper
22nd March 2010, 18:39
Let´s hope there will be something more exciting SD-stage. It´s a jubilee year and I thought they would offer something better. Even the stages in the rally could have been more exciting.... :(

Tomi
22nd March 2010, 18:56
Even the stages in the rally could have been more exciting.... :(

I belive that many of the old legendary stages are today considered too dangerous, but I agree that they should change the stages from north of Jyväskylä, to stages in Tampere direction, there is a few good ones.

Rallyper
13th April 2010, 16:16
Anything more specific about the SD stage on this years NORF?

I´m eager to hear anything. I´m counting down already! :cool:

Hartusvuori
13th April 2010, 19:09
Anything more specific about the SD stage on this years NORF?

I´m eager to hear anything. I´m counting down already! :cool:

It's on gravel :-)

Like usual, the rally organisation is keeping a radio silence after the release of RG1, so nothing new on NORF 2010 - at least I haven't heard anything.

ttiirika
15th April 2010, 14:10
I just read from newsletter that most probably SS 1 (Laajavuori) on Thursday won't be used to decide starting order for Friday. Teams didn't allow this. I am sorry, I don't have link for this newsletter (Sisäpiirin Uutiskirje) anymore, I was stupid enough to delete it.

Hartusvuori
15th April 2010, 14:58
I just read from newsletter that most probably SS 1 (Laajavuori) on Thursday won't be used to decide starting order for Friday. Teams didn't allow this. I am sorry, I don't have link for this newsletter (Sisäpiirin Uutiskirje) anymore, I was stupid enough to delete it.

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/sisapiirinews/2010/sisapiirinuutiskirje410/jarmoscorner/default.html

That's the link - in Finnish though.

No other news concerning the actual event. After-rally show will be a concert by Leningrad Cowboys followed by a 30-minute fireworks show, the biggest in Finland.

Rallyper
29th April 2010, 14:48
Does anyone like to make me a platinum VIP-guest on this years NORF? ;)

Would be nice to strech out at the Power Station with a good whiskey after a long day out in the forests. :p