PDA

View Full Version : wrx paddle shifters

foxfloat
9th October 2009, 04:12
ok i did just a little bit of reasurch on this topic. i know that the actual wrc cars have paddle shifters and that they don't use the clutch. but i also know that the transmission costs 150k and has to be serviced every 6k miles. so i was wondering if their is something out their similar out their but less expensive. or a set up were you have paddle shifters but you still have to use the clutch.

bowler
9th October 2009, 06:30
volkswagen dsg system

Donney
9th October 2009, 07:32
Imagine the savings if they used the good old H-pattern gearbox.

Francis44
9th October 2009, 07:55
Yeah it would be way more cheap!!!!

N.O.T
9th October 2009, 11:55
and what if the engines were stock ? and what about those expensive tyres ? use stock as well and of course paying the drivers that much is way of the line hire sunday folk....that would bring the cost down. on second thought lets go back to middle ages....carve a round rock and roll it through the stage...that would certainly intrigue new manufacturers and not only car ones...

Viking
9th October 2009, 12:11
What a great idea! We would also see a lot of private teams rolling last year’s carved rocks, just not as fast as the ones of the carved rock manufactures teams “The big rollers” ;)

MrJan
9th October 2009, 12:13
Fit a bike engine :D

N.O.T
10th October 2009, 01:48
engines are too exepnsive...fit peddals instead but not carbon ones only forged steel is allowed.

noel157
10th October 2009, 09:30
I presume WRC in it's next version, what ever that will be, will go back to the stick in the floor gear change as in IRC?

Donney
10th October 2009, 09:51
and what if the engines were stock ? and what about those expensive tyres ? use stock as well and of course paying the drivers that much is way of the line hire sunday folk....that would bring the cost down. on second thought lets go back to middle ages....carve a round rock and roll it through the stage...that would certainly intrigue new manufacturers and not only car ones...

Please no, in that case we wouldn't have the enormous pleasure of reading your posts.

Macd
10th October 2009, 13:54
you could use something like a dog selector box with a sequential shifter and an compressed air paddle like in the 206 wrc's.

Rallyper
10th October 2009, 15:01
I´d like wheels of wood next year. And horses ass in front of the car. That makes just one hp. :D :D :D

bubbaontour
11th October 2009, 00:43
ok i did just a little bit of reasurch on this topic. i know that the actual wrc cars have paddle shifters and that they don't use the clutch. but i also know that the transmission costs 150k and has to be serviced every 6k miles. so i was wondering if their is something out their similar out their but less expensive. or a set up were you have paddle shifters but you still have to use the clutch.

Where did you do your recearch??

Subaru WRC gearboxes do use the cluch even in stage mode. They only cost about £65,000 and theres no way it would do 6000k. 1000's the service limit.

bubbaontour
11th October 2009, 00:45
Imagine the savings if they used the good old H-pattern gearbox.

Why would it be cheaper then???