PDA

View Full Version : The worst drivers on the grid

DexDexter
6th October 2009, 16:40
Who are the worst 5 drivers on the grid? Starting from the worst.

1. Jaime
2. Nakajima
3. Buemi
4. Grosjean
5. Sutil

(6. Kovalainen)

BeansBeansBeans
6th October 2009, 16:45
I don't think there are any true tuggers on the grid but I'll pick the five I regard least.

1. Nakajima
2. Fisichella
3. Kovalainen
4. Grosjean*
5. Alguersuari*

* The latter pair have performed poorly so far but both looked mustard in the lower formulas and have entered F1 without due preparation. I foresee improvement in 2010 if they get the chance.

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 16:48
Seing as every one of those drivers has more driving ability in their farts as I have in my body, I can't offer an opinion.

jimakos
6th October 2009, 16:48
My 5

Fisichella
Alguersuari
Buemi
Nakajima
Sutil

wedge
6th October 2009, 16:53
Nakajima
Kovy - doesn't deserve to drive for McLaren or any of the top teams

BeansBeansBeans
6th October 2009, 16:54
Seing as every one of those drivers has more driving ability in their farts as I have in my body, I can't offer an opinion.

It's all relative Knockie.

jens
6th October 2009, 16:59
Well, this question is strictly based "at the current moment", which means that I can't take into account "theoretical talent", which might be unlocked somewhere in the future. So the answer is:

Nakajima, Buemi, Alguersuari, Grosjean, Kovalainen.

Jaime and Romain are mid-season substitutes. Maybe they will develop into decent drivers, but at the moment they are struggling significantly. Buemi had a couple of promising drives in the beginning of the season, but besides these he hasn't impressed me. I personally feel STR badly needs an experienced driver to unlock the potential of the car more. Throwing unprepared rookies in one after another isn't helping their case at all.

Nakajima isn't that inexperienced any more and clearly we have seen enough of him by now in F1. And is Kovalainen the most underperforming driver in a top team since... Michael Andretti? He might perform better in another environment, but currently we are not seeing it.

woody2goody
6th October 2009, 17:14
Don't really like picking 5, but here goes:

1. Grosjean
2. Alguersuari
3. Nakajima
4. Buemi
5. Sutil

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 17:24
I'm a little surprised that Sutil is mentioned.

I think he's a bit of a superstar in the making.

If we had a 5 to watch thread, he would be #1 on my list.

edv
6th October 2009, 17:37
I'm surprised that Fisi appears here on some lists. How soon we've forgotten Spa?
The true effects of the testing ban are plain to see in Fisi's struggles at Ferrari.

Steve2009
6th October 2009, 17:39
Seing as every one of those drivers has more driving ability in their farts as I have in my body, I can't offer an opinion.+1

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 17:52
Sutil is a superstar? based on what? What has he done to impress some people?

Also, I am surprised some are listing Buemi here. I think he is better than Vettel for example.

3 worst: Grosjean, Nakajima, Alguersuari
The rest all have their moments, but those 3 have done nothing.

Nikki Katz
6th October 2009, 18:24
I think that the current lineup is one of the strongest there's been for years, I'm not sure I want to add to this. I also rated Piquet and Bourdais (and obviously Massa, though not Badoer). Perhaps if there are 24-26 cars on the grid next year and some proper low budget teams then this will be a bit more meaningful.

harsha
6th October 2009, 18:43
I still remember Glock being written off when he made his debut for Jordan oh so very long ago....

probably Nakajima is the weakest in the current grid...too early to comment on Grosjean,Jamie Alguersari though

DexDexter
6th October 2009, 18:49
I'm a little surprised that Sutil is mentioned.

I think he's a bit of a superstar in the making.

If we had a 5 to watch thread, he would be #1 on my list.

What kind of superstar is beaten by Fisi?

pino
6th October 2009, 19:17
I am glad to see that none has mentioned Trulli so far :hmph: :p :

race_director
6th October 2009, 19:35
Who are the worst 5 drivers on the grid? Starting from the worst.

1. Jaime
2. Nakajima
3. Buemi
4. Grosjean
5. Sutil

(6. Kovalainen)

before commenting on some one else , i just have suggestion that u come and drive in f1. all have worked hard for 10-12 yrs. some may click , some might not . so nowhere we can judge a driver as the worst driver

all have been dedicated . i am happy with that. button clicked after 10 yrs. so please

woody2goody
6th October 2009, 19:41
I'm surprised that Fisi appears here on some lists. How soon we've forgotten Spa?
The true effects of the testing ban are plain to see in Fisi's struggles at Ferrari.

Fisi's my favourite driver and all, but he's not doing substantially better than Luca now is he, considering the ten years Luca wasn't driving.

Anyway, why do people think Alguersuari is so bad? He's done just as well as Grosjean despite coming from a better formula in GP2.

Let's not forget that it was a car problem that caused him to crash at Suzuka, and he had run as high as 9th in that race. If not for a disappointing quali he would have probably scored a point.

woody2goody
6th October 2009, 19:42

Trulli's a legend mate, it'll never happen :)

F1boat
6th October 2009, 19:45
IMO all F1 drivers today are decent, but Haime, Romain and Buemi are prone for idiocy as well as Sutil. Kazuki seems slow.

jens
6th October 2009, 20:09
What kind of superstar is beaten by Fisi?

Massa in 2004, Button in 2001. :p :

keysersoze
6th October 2009, 21:47
All are immensely talented. Perhaps it's better to discuss who is "underperforming."

Nakajima is clearly at the head of this list. At the moment Kovalainen is clearly "under-racing" but perhaps not "under-qualfying," given his experience and his car.

Alguesuari, Grosjean, and perhaps Liuzzi are also underperforming, but they get a mulligan for being new.

Fisi has been underperforming since he left Force India, but again, that goes down to circumstance.

DiegoMartinez
6th October 2009, 22:58
Top 5
Fernando Alonso
Sebastian Vettel
Felipe Massa
Lewis Hamilton
Rubens Barrichello

Worst 5
Badoer
Buemi
Nakajima
Kovalainen
Grosjean

anthonyvop
7th October 2009, 01:43
1. Nakajima
2. Kovalainen
3. Buemi
4. Button
5. Rosberg

gloomyDAY
7th October 2009, 01:45
1. Nakajima
2. Kovalainen
3. Buemi
4. Button
5. Rosberghttp://catsnstuff.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/dude-wait-what.jpg

Rollo
7th October 2009, 01:55
This is the critical comment in this thread:

have entered F1 without due preparation. I foresee improvement in 2010 if they get the chance.

How the heck is anyone moving into the formula expected to get any preparation with the testing regulations as ferally fouled up as they are? Seriously?

CNR
7th October 2009, 03:17
you may need to think about the car
and compare to the other driver

Lewis Hamilton43
(crap) Heikki Kovalainen22

Nico Rosberg34.5
(crap) Kazuki Nakajima

(crap) Nelsinho Piquet
(crap)Sebastien Bourdais

leopard
7th October 2009, 03:28
http://catsnstuff.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/dude-wait-what.jpg

:rotflmao:

ShiftingGears
7th October 2009, 06:17
4. Button
5. Rosberg

Do you watch F1?

Roamy
7th October 2009, 06:36
truli
kubica
glock
algu
kovy

truefan72
7th October 2009, 07:54
IMO all F1 drivers today are decent, but Haime, Romain and Buemi are prone for idiocy as well as Sutil. Kazuki seems slow.

nakajima is anything but slow

i think he's just about as fast as Rosberg on most tracks and still suffers from the odd underperformance here and there along with a car that seems to struggle mightily at some courses.

I'd say that the there were only 2 drivers who deserve to be on the list Badoer and Piquet Jr. who both performed poorly by any standard.

BeansBeansBeans
7th October 2009, 07:59
This is the critical comment in this thread:

How the heck is anyone moving into the formula expected to get any preparation with the testing regulations as ferally fouled up as they are? Seriously?

That's kind of the point I was making. They need a testing programme. If they get one over the winter they'll be much improved next year.

DexDexter
7th October 2009, 08:04
before commenting on some one else , i just have suggestion that u come and drive in f1. all have worked hard for 10-12 yrs. some may click , some might not . so nowhere we can judge a driver as the worst driver

all have been dedicated . i am happy with that. button clicked after 10 yrs. so please

If we think that way, this discussion board will die, because most of us are not really qualified to say anything about F1.

Storm
7th October 2009, 08:50
I think pretty much anyone who can control a F1 car and race it around with 19 other cars is very good. Of course I can still have an opinion on who I think should not be driving around (or is inferior to many others on the grid).

Grosjean/Alguersuari are rookies and hence exempted.

Poor - Nakajima, Kovalainen, Sutil, Piquet Jr, Badoer

I am evil Homer
7th October 2009, 09:00

A truly good driver is both fast and adaptable. You honestly think Hamilton or Alonso would be in the same position if they had that car? I like Fisi and he's better than Badoer but right now I think he could make this list.

Bezza
7th October 2009, 09:02
Worst five:

1. Nakajima
2. Grosjean
3. Kovalainen
4. Buemi
5. Trulli

BeansBeansBeans
7th October 2009, 09:47
If we think that way, this discussion board will die, because most of us are not really qualified to say anything about F1.

:up:

We can only judge drivers in comparison to their contemporaries and those that have gone before. It goes without saying that they're all superior to the average Joe on a message board.

leopard
7th October 2009, 09:50
This years car of STR is pretty much behind comparable to any teams, so I'd consider STR drivers are out of comparison.

considering their rookie season, Grosjean and Alguersuari are exempted, but if we have to compare Alguersuary is slightly better. Agree with storm...

Sonic
7th October 2009, 09:51
Compared to some of the milk float drivers that have occupied F1 seats over the years this years crop are excellent. Much as I have bashed drivers like PK he is better by an order of a million than someone like Alex Young or Lavaggi.

leopard
7th October 2009, 09:55
Alex Yoong is fairly good, you may refer to Yuji Ide or Yamamoto...

SGWilko
7th October 2009, 10:49
Only Kazuki has been consistently off his team-mates pace.

The rest I think need time to mature. How many mistakes did the likes of Massa & Lewis make on their debut seasons?

Sleeper
7th October 2009, 11:44
Nakajima and Buemi are the obvious two, both have flatered to decieve this year IMO. In terms of outright performance Algesuarae (or however you spell his name) and Grosjean have both been off the pace but neither have done any testing and their struggles along with Fisi's and Liuzzi's prove the testing ban is a mistake.

555-04Q2
7th October 2009, 12:02
1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Kimi

harsha
7th October 2009, 12:27
er...555

:D

harsha
7th October 2009, 12:29

and add trulli to the list too :D

DexDexter
7th October 2009, 12:35
1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Kimi

pino
7th October 2009, 12:36
and add trulli to the list too :D

Unfortunately not everyone in here has big knowledge of F1 :p : ;)

Sonic
7th October 2009, 13:08
Alex Yoong is fairly good...

:laugh: :D :rotflmao:

Which Alex have you been watching?

Storm
9th October 2009, 08:33
I have to say Alex Yoong isn't that bad....on Star Sports commentary :p :

Sonic
9th October 2009, 09:27
I have to say Alex Yoong isn't that bad....on Star Sports commentary :p :