PDA

View Full Version : dani sordo

Pinto
5th October 2009, 15:09
after his home rally you could see the disapointment on his face i really felt for him yes ok he was never going to be let win the rally as sebs title assault is more important but after three seasons in a wrc car and been the bridesmaid and on some events he has the pace to beat seb you have to feel for the guy at least ford have let JM win and they done this year in italy to help his confidence ok dani is a steadier driver but will the poor lad ever be let win a rally at citroen

N.O.T
5th October 2009, 15:50
why did he sign a new contract then if he was so devastated ???

Francis44
5th October 2009, 15:53

If i didn't sign where was he going to drive????!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
5th October 2009, 15:59
and where would he get money from?

being support is alright.. have there been any other support drivers in the last 20 years? Loix to Makinen?

N.O.T
5th October 2009, 16:42
hirvonen to gronholm

solberg to burns

delecour to panizzi

colin to sainz

sainz to colin

and many many more....

GigiGalliNo1
5th October 2009, 16:44
So where's the problem!? haha

Hartusvuori
5th October 2009, 17:17
For the future - for both the sport's and Dani's sake - I would like to see him fight fairly against his team mate. In this case it was more than obvious that Loeb must take the win, team orders or not, but next season I'd like to see him have a more fair chance.

On gravel Dani is behind Seb, but on tarmac it seems now that they're fairly equal now. Hopefully, as season 2010 comes and asphalt rallies are all at the mid or later part of the season, Seb's points lead over Dani wouldn't be so crucial that team orders would come to play so obviously.

Helstar
5th October 2009, 17:27
In 2008 after Bosse retirement at the beginning they agreed about having no team order and plain fight, but Dani's engine blew up in Monte, first rally ... unlucky wonderboy =)

Pinto
5th October 2009, 17:36

why do you comment from what i can see from you its all sneery negative comments,why bother if you cant interact normally

Tomi
5th October 2009, 17:53
Thats the supporting drviers role, nothing new and strange about it, Sordo for sure knew whats expected from him before he signed.
It would be better if the car would not be so good, now it looks a little like in Lancia in the past.

Pinto
5th October 2009, 18:03
yea i know he would have signed as that but do you get a bit demoralised after so long been bridesmaid

Tomi
5th October 2009, 18:12
yea i know he would have signed as that but do you get a bit demoralised after so long been bridesmaid

he can always drive a big gap, and then stop to wait, it has been done before too, when drivers has got tired of playing games.

Langdale Forest
5th October 2009, 18:59
I'm just hoping for a big time penalty, just on Loeb's car this time so that Sordo will win. :D :D :D

Langdale Forest
30th October 2009, 17:32
That never did happen,

serial jeff
30th October 2009, 17:54
really, I dont think Dani would have won in Spain even if there were no team orders... I seriously doubt Seb was going flat out when he knew that Mikko couldn't catch him and Dani would be ordered to slow down anyways.

Who knows though- hopefully there won't be team orders next season and we'll see Seb and Dani duke it out for real on tarmac. But given Citroen's behaviour this year, that seems unlikely.

Langdale Forest
30th October 2009, 18:57
Citroen are unsporting.

DIMI44
31st October 2009, 11:53
If you remember on this year's Acropolis rally S.Loeb retired early in the morning of 2nd day and Sordo was 2-3 seconds behind Hirvonen... until he ....meet a stone.

Barreis
31st October 2009, 13:19
and where would he get money from?

being support is alright.. have there been any other support drivers in the last 20 years? Loix to Makinen?

Duval to Martin (MC rally) - Ford team.. Duval had to pass Martin infront of him..

Fide
31st October 2009, 16:09
Probably he was dissapointed but in UK he was an average driver.... He will never reach the level Loeb-Solberg-Hirvonen have... Simply he doesn't have the magic touch they have.

N.O.T
31st October 2009, 17:17
Probably he was dissapointed but in UK he was an average driver.... He will never reach the level Loeb-Solberg-Hirvonen have... Simply he doesn't have the magic touch they have.

he is still 26 and he is in his 2nd wrc year....he will never be Loeb for sure as non in the near future but certainly he has the ability to be as good as Hirvonen and he is better than Solberg already...

JFL
31st October 2009, 17:45
sure

Barreis
31st October 2009, 18:42
He can be happy as a little baby 'cos only 3 drivers are paid in WRC at the moment.. And he's one of them.. xd

White Sauron
31st October 2009, 18:55
he is still 26 and he is in his 2nd wrc year....he will never be Loeb for sure as non in the near future but certainly he has the ability to be as good as Hirvonen and he is better than Solberg already...

4th...
1st year with Kronos in an white-red-orange Xsara (2006)
2nd year with a plain red Citroen C4 on its debut year (2007)
3rd year with a "winged" C4 (2008)
4th year with a rebranded Citroen (2009)

He has much experience now...

noel157
31st October 2009, 19:17
4th...
1st year with Kronos in an white-red-orange Xsara (2006)
2nd year with a plain red Citroen C4 on its debut year (2007)
3rd year with a "winged" C4 (2008)
4th year with a rebranded Citroen (2009)

He has much experience now...

5 year plan? Working better than other plans... :)

Juha_Koo
31st October 2009, 19:18
He can be happy as a little baby 'cos only 3 drivers are paid in WRC at the moment.. And he's one of them.. xd

Three drivers? Nope.

MJW
31st October 2009, 20:19
Three drivers? Nope.
Are you suggesting its just the two Citroen guys who get paid?

Tomi
31st October 2009, 20:29

Dont you think all works drivers get paid? This barries guy who is always so worried about others money, dont know what he is talking about.

Barreis
31st October 2009, 20:51

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..

I just like real sports(wo)men who came to the top without help of two ful bags of money..

N.O.T
31st October 2009, 21:28
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..

I just like real sports(wo)men who came to the top without help of two ful bags of money..

i cannot remeber any rally driver in the history of rallying who was a favela boy.....do you ??

Barreis
31st October 2009, 21:37
What does it mean favela?

N.O.T
31st October 2009, 21:38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favela

Barreis
31st October 2009, 22:28
I like Seb. Loeb's way..

urabus-denoS2000
31st October 2009, 23:32
Agree with Barreis,Super Seb is the last true example of a fairy tale in rallying...

Won with a Pug 106 bought by his friends in Rallye Jeunes,always had sponsors after that... :)

serial jeff
31st October 2009, 23:49
My impression is that Petter didn't come from big money either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petter_Solberg
"Solberg won a nationwide RC car championship at the age of 13 as he inherited his interest of motorsport through his parents, mother Tove and father Terje, who were keen bilcross (an inexpensive version of Norwegian rallycross, similar to Swedish folkrace and Finnish jokamiehenluokka) competitors and rallycross enthusisasts. He used to help out around the home farm rebuilding competition cars, as he was not yet old enough to drive. Solberg entered his first bilcross in 1992, three days after his 18th birthday and only a day after he got his driving license."

Camelopard
1st November 2009, 00:40

I guess maths was never your strong point, ho hum.

Camelopard
1st November 2009, 00:47

I guess maths was never your strong point, ho hum.

Sure and the world was a much better place when all sporting people were amateurs.

Again I ask you where is your proof that only 3 drivers are paid. You constantly repeat this lie without ever backing it up with concrete evidence.

Barreis
1st November 2009, 10:00
:)

Sladden
1st November 2009, 10:42
If Mr Sordo really want to win rallies he have to be faster than Loeb and Hirvonen on more than one occation per season. GB proved he still cannot REALLY challenge in a fair fight. On the other hand his future is looking very promising. Consitent and fast, still young... I think he is very happy in Citroen.

Camelopard
1st November 2009, 11:10
:)

So this means that you really don't have a clue as to who is a paid driver and who isn't? again, ho hum.....

Alvaro_Rally
1st November 2009, 19:20
Obviously I think Sordo is a good WRC driver...

Ask Malcolm and Quesnel if they prefer Sordo or Latvala as second driver of their teams!

Maybe at the moment Dani is not as fast as Loeb and Hirvonen but we don´t know very much about Citroën orders. And for sure he is quite a reliable driver.

Fide
2nd November 2009, 18:23

Sordo will win couple of rallies in the future but again.... Is an average driver and will never reach Loeb-Hirvonen and Solberg. Do not know where you found he is better than Solberg (probably in his next life.... :) )

N.O.T
2nd November 2009, 19:33
Sordo will win couple of rallies in the future but again.... Is an average driver and will never reach Loeb-Hirvonen and Solberg. Do not know where you found he is better than Solberg (probably in his next life.... :) )

rally GB is a good indication....

Finni
2nd November 2009, 22:23

Hahah, that's just your old poor trick with zero rational value whatsoever..

Everyone can imagine situation that Solberg would have driven the factory C4 for few years and Sordo would have driven C4 for the first time. In that case one minute would have hardly been enough to measure their difference.

Fide
3rd November 2009, 13:30
Solberg= 1st time on gravel with C4 vs Sordo= dozens of times ???? Are you serious ??? In addition, before wiper problems Solberg were ahead Sordo

N.O.T
3rd November 2009, 13:50
go watch footbal guys it suits you better....you have no clue.

Tomi
3rd November 2009, 14:22
Hahah, that's just your old poor trick with zero rational value whatsoever..

Everyone can imagine situation that Solberg would have driven the factory C4 for few years and Sordo would have driven C4 for the first time. In that case one minute would have hardly been enough to measure their difference.

Who of theese 2 guys do you think will be the one who will next win a WRC event, it would be nice if you for once can answer without would's and if's.

N.O.T
3rd November 2009, 15:17
can someone remind me the place gronholm had in his first tarmac and first gravel rally at the age of 37 in a Ford after spending a lifetime with peugeot ??

Go watch champions league tonight...

Fide
3rd November 2009, 15:19
go watch footbal guys it suits you better....you have no clue. You are right... you guys believes football ball is cubic.

Corny
3rd November 2009, 16:28
Sordo is the ideal second driver ;)

Finni
4th November 2009, 09:16
can someone remind me the place gronholm had in his first tarmac and first gravel rally at the age of 37 in a Ford after spending a lifetime with peugeot ??

...after extensive testing during winter break. From actual parallels.. I don't remember that Dudu was lightning fast in his first rally with Ford Focus 2008..

It was the first time in the shakedown that Petter drove C4 in muddy roads.. And still without his spin and wiper problem he would have beat Sordo. You have to be complete idiot if you don't understand that Solberg would have beat crap out of Sordo in reverse situation.
-----------

To Tomi:

If Solberg is driving C4 for the next year he is more likely to win on gravel than Sordo.

N.O.T
4th November 2009, 13:49
Ifs and Buts as always....... Last time i checked driver mistakes are not considered bad luck....Sordo who had nothing to prove in Gb since all was decided ridiculed him. they were 9-7 in stage times Sordo won on a rally that Solberg considers his best rally.

Solberg did tests too and the result was nothing as always.... his fans said before the event that he would be forced by citroen to back up to let Loeb to win the title. now back to their ususal ifs and buts....

Gronholm was super fast from the beggining and i doubt that winter tests made him a winner from round 01 on tarmac and Gravel....

Solberg is a good driver but his days are over....Loeb/Hirvonen/Sordo and Latvala are the guys to watch for next year....retirement home is close for "IF"berg.

Finni
5th November 2009, 13:02
Ifs and Buts as always....... Last time i checked driver mistakes are not considered bad luck....Sordo who had nothing to prove in Gb since all was decided ridiculed him. they were 9-7 in stage times Sordo won on a rally that Solberg considers his best rally.

Solberg did tests too and the result was nothing as always.... his fans said before the event that he would be forced by citroen to back up to let Loeb to win the title. now back to their ususal ifs and buts....

Gronholm was super fast from the beggining and i doubt that winter tests made him a winner from round 01 on tarmac and Gravel....

Solberg is a good driver but his days are over....Loeb/Hirvonen/Sordo and Latvala are the guys to watch for next year....retirement home is close for "IF"berg.

By winter testing I am not, of course, referring to tests driven in winter conditions.. You can't parallel Petter's little testing to what Grönholm had with Ford Focus. The fact is that Petter had never driven C4 in those conditions before shakedown. The difference between Sordo and Peter was only Petter's wiper-problem and one spin. It's indisputable fact that if Petter had been in C4 for two years he would have at least beat Sordo. By how much we don't know. Isn't it also obvious that Petter's car was slightly slower than factory C4's?

N.O.T
5th November 2009, 13:10
the good thing about solbergs retirement next year is that all these threads filled with if and buts are going to stop...

JFL
5th November 2009, 20:58
When are you going to retire? All the commenting you put in on Petter Solberg, and trying to convince people that he is through, must be tough on your mental strenght? I feel sorry that you have to struggle with his WRC-driving for years to come..

N.O.T
5th November 2009, 21:10
what was his excuse in Gb then ????? he was 1:30 minutes behind the leader how much testing would make him so much better to cover that minute ???

the fact that he has to drain his sponsors just to be in the picture tells a lot about his driving skills of today.

JFL
5th November 2009, 21:15
Ok, I tell him you said that! Maybe he gets it...
btw, his sponsor must be stupid to put all that money in a nobody like him... Thats probably why they have all that money...Cause they are stupid.

Fide
5th November 2009, 21:18
Don't worry JFL, this guy doesn't understand anything nor has any backup for his arguments. The real fact is that Solberg makes people talk about him (not only in this forum). Is fast, has charism, his error was to sign for Subaru 05-08 BUT his talent is huge and cannot be compared with Sordo who is (again) an average driver and is good finishing 2nd, 3rd etc.

Francis44
5th November 2009, 21:23
Solberg is fast but he's already getting old and wont be capable to figh with Loeb and Hirvonnen....He's just gonna be one of those fighting for podiums and that's it. And then bring S2000 and watch him being rapped by younger guys!!!!

N.O.T
5th November 2009, 22:01
Don't worry JFL, this guy doesn't understand anything nor has any backup for his arguments. The real fact is that Solberg makes people talk about him (not only in this forum). Is fast, has charism, his error was to sign for Subaru 05-08 BUT his talent is huge and cannot be compared with Sordo who is (again) an average driver and is good finishing 2nd, 3rd etc.

while solberg with his charisma is good to finish 4th 5th 6th....nice

what are the arguments that SOlberg can be winner again ??? because i missed that part.

Fide
6th November 2009, 09:17
while solberg with his charisma is good to finish 4th 5th 6th....nice

what are the arguments that SOlberg can be winner again ??? because i missed that part.
I didnt argue anything about Solberg to win again and certainly I can do it but if you recall this post is related to Sordo........ Who will be grandfather prior to win his 1st rally.

White Sauron
16th February 2010, 17:46
So, here's just another recent article about Quesnel hailing Ogier: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81529
And after all the bashing from him that Sordo received during Rally Sweden, I do really think his participation for Citroen (at least for the works team) in 2011 is in doubt now... What do you think?

Just an example of Quesnel's different treatment of these drivers in interviews:
About Dani: "I HOPE that he can win a rally this year"
About Seb-Jr: "I won't be surprised if he WINS one or two rallies this season"...

Langdale Forest
16th February 2010, 17:52
He is just saying that to hide the fact that he will use team orders to stop them from winning.

White Sauron
16th February 2010, 17:58
He is just saying that to hide the fact that he will use team orders to stop them from winning.

I've just got impression, that as for Ogier, he wants him to win. And as for Sordo, he doesn't want it to happen, even though it's possible...

Langdale Forest
16th February 2010, 18:01
Why doesen't he want Sordo to win?

White Sauron
16th February 2010, 18:25
Why doesen't he want Sordo to win?

That's just my impression of his behavior and his expressions regarding both drivers. No way I put my own thoughts into his mouth, but it's just my feeling that for Ogier he has natural desire of success, and for Sordo he wants the Spaniard to play second fiddle with victories only allowed when Loeb is far behind or retired.

WRCfan
17th February 2010, 06:53
I agree with that. He oozes that vibe so it seems...

Brother John
17th February 2010, 07:33
This is now an example of French mentality what I try to explain for years here! :rolleyes:

So, here's just another recent article about Quesnel hailing Ogier: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81529
And after all the bashing from him that Sordo received during Rally Sweden, I do really think his participation for Citroen (at least for the works team) in 2011 is in doubt now... What do you think?

Just an example of Quesnel's different treatment of these drivers in interviews:
About Dani: "I HOPE that he can win a rally this year"
About Seb-Jr: "I won't be surprised if he WINS one or two rallies this season"...

morganmilan
17th February 2010, 08:38
Yeah, all it´s a terrible french conspiracy against Sordo :D , but there´s an undeniable fact: Sordo doesn´t win rallies. Sometimes mechanics, sometimes bad luck, sometimes codriver, sometimes...Ogier is younger and shows a better progression. I honestly believe Sordo can´t compete...

Camelopard
17th February 2010, 10:50
Yeah, all it´s a terrible french conspiracy against Sordo :D , but there´s an undeniable fact: Sordo doesn´t win rallies. Sometimes mechanics, sometimes bad luck, sometimes codriver, sometimes...Ogier is younger and shows a better progression. I honestly believe Sordo can´t compete...

Sorry I believe he can compete, just that he doesn't fit in with the current french way of doing things, ie, Loeb must win at all costs.

As I have said earlier in another thread, he will only ever be second citroen whilst Loeb is still running and if he is happy with this and can live with himself playing second (now maybe third!) fiddle, well good on him.

To be quite honest, I can only say that I wouldn't mind being in his position! :)

It would be interesting to know how much money his Spanish backers bring to Citroen, to me at this moment, this seems to be more important to quesnell than his possible speed.

Can anyone else see Sordo driving a new for 2011 VW team under the guidance of Carlos?

Camelopard
17th February 2010, 10:52
This is now an example of French mentality what I try to explain for years here! :rolleyes:

plus one!

Francis44
17th February 2010, 11:43
Isn't he a payed driver?!

If he is I think he should be happy, he drives in one of the top motorsport teams in the world and he is fast, plus he may have a good salary.

DonJippo
17th February 2010, 11:55
Isn't he a payed driver?!

If he is I think he should be happy, he drives in one of the top motorsport teams in the world and he is fast, plus he may have a good salary.

Don't know if it is that good, some say he had to cut his salary for this year in order to continue in Citroen team.

Tomi
17th February 2010, 12:11
Sordo maybe should try to get a seat from some of the new teams, now he practically is in a position that he could choose, but not for long, because new fast guys comes every year.

WRCfan
17th February 2010, 12:40
Quesnel can get up my nose at times the way he seemingly runs the team.
It's always praise for Ogier (don't get me wrong the kid is great) but Dani who has backed Seb up all these years, and always followed team orders to a tee is getting shafted.

It's now that Dani should be allowed to play fair ball, although now Ogier has come to light they seemingly put their effort in with Seb snr to win rallies and everything they have spare is given to Ogier. "Oh Dani just back Seb snr up and stay ahead of Ford...but don't win or anything".

I think Sordo is a smart man and can see the end coming with Citroen, he just needs to keep his mouth shut, drive and do what he is told so when the time comes to jump ship, he has been 'competitive', and has been with one of the best teams to make the transition easy and chances of a seat higher. There are 2 sides to the story but I think Dani is getting a raw deal now for sure in regards to competition.

bluuford
17th February 2010, 13:02
There are so many clues that VW is planning to enter to WRC. Its is interesting to discuss it under Sordo thread.
1.Well, their probable boss will be Carlos Sainz, Sordo was his protege for a long and they have had quite close relationship. So, Such sayings from Quensel about Dani are indicating that he might know something and does want to replace Dani as soon as possible and probably keep him away from development of their new car.
2. With unexpected move another VW driver Al Attyah moved from Ford S2000 car to Skoda S2000 car with the knowledge he managed to get from driving Ford. He is doing 7 WRC rounds and Skoda seems to have their car in as many events as possible. So, good way to gather additional information from every rally. And Attyah is very promising driver with good budget as well.
3. Seat pulling out from WTCC, so that VW can put all their best resources on their future WRC project.
4. Together with Sainz and Sordo there is quite good possibility that team can get backing from some bigger Spanish company I dont know what is the current state of Telefonica? and etc.

For me it seems that too many things are falling together on the right time. Maybe I am just the one who sees ghost everywhere :-)

White Sauron
17th February 2010, 13:50
For me it seems that too many things are falling together on the right time. Maybe I am just the one who sees ghost everywhere :-)

No, you are not. I'm absolutely agree with you. Moreover, VW are tired of Dakar and they need new challenges. As they state, any bad result in rally-raids will get more exposure than even another victory in the Dakar marathon...

Josti
17th February 2010, 14:44
Obviously Sordo's future doesn't lie at Citroën. It was pretty much clear already in 2008, when Ogier jumped from nothing to fame.

Sordo had great potential, especially around 2005-2006, but Citroën's gradually sucking it out of him the last couple of years. Without the extreme preference for Loeb within the team, Sordo could have won about 3 or 4 rallies already (maybe more?). It's hard to imagine that a talented driver like him can't win a rally with a reliable and fast car the C4 is (since 2007!).

I hope he does it this year, would save Citroën the embarrassment. Wouldn't be surprised either if not.

General Prim
17th February 2010, 14:48
Well, their probable boss will be Carlos Sainz, Sordo was his protege for a long and they have had quite close relationship

Ha!, for Carlos, Dani has been the most unpleasent surprise (maybe because he did not arrive to an agreemnet to be his manager?...)

jonas_mcrae
17th February 2010, 14:49
VW with carlos and Dani sounds nice, but dont expect too much financial support from spain, Santander is with Alonso in F1 (I think they still support Sordo, but dont think they will support a whole team) Telfonica, dont know, maybe, I remember some sposoring in WTCC, but th Spain's economy is not doing well at this moment, so who knows, they need to get Kopecky in that teamto get Czech sponsors.

General Prim
17th February 2010, 14:50
Obviously Sordo's future doesn't lie at Citroën. It was pretty much clear already in 2008, when Ogier jumped from nothing to fame.

Sordo had great potential, especially around 2005-2006, but Citroën's gradually sucking it out of him the last couple of years. Without the extreme preference for Loeb within the team, Sordo could have won about 3 or 4 rallies already (maybe more?). It's hard to imagine that a talented driver like him can't win a rally with a reliable and fast car the C4 is (since 2007!).

I hope he does it this year, would save Citroën the embarrassment. Wouldn't be surprised either if not.

Do you really think that if Ogier would have been in Citroen with a C4 WRC the last three years he would win even one rally against Loeb?

Josti
17th February 2010, 15:02
Do you really think that if Ogier would have been in Citroen with a C4 WRC the last three years he would win even one rally against Loeb?

Probably not, who knows, but that doesn't change any fact about my previous post though.

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 15:22
If Sordo does not win a rally this year he will probably set some sort of a record for being in the same works team for 5 years and not getting a single win.

Roy
17th February 2010, 15:24
Probably not, who knows, but that doesn't change any fact about my previous post though.

I think Sordo is second driver again by Citroen behind Seb... Ogier.

jonkka
17th February 2010, 15:32
If Sordo does not win a rally this year he will probably set some sort of a record for being in the same works team for 5 years and not getting a single win.

Alex Fiorio drove years on end for Lancia and never won. Despite being team boss' son.

Josti
17th February 2010, 15:32
I think Sordo is second driver again by Citroen behind Seb... Ogier.

Yes, I would believe that with an instant.

Nowadays, 1st driver preferences are a craze, and it's a double shame we only have two works teams competing.

Josti
17th February 2010, 15:36
Alex Fiorio drove years on end for Lancia and never won. Despite being team boss' son.

While he managed to screw his career over at Ford...

jonkka
17th February 2010, 15:36
While he managed to screw his career over at Ford...

Well, Lancia was winding their effort down so he had little choice, did he? :)

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 15:38
Sordo may have one year as the first driver. I think Loeb will retire from WRC after 2011, leaving Citroen with Sordo and Ogier in 2012. I think Sordo may still be the better driver in 2012, but after one year of manufacturer support Ogier will probably end up as lead driver by 2013. That's still a long way in the future though - Sordo might have won 3 Championships by then?!

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 15:40
Ogier is a much more talented driver, almost a clone of Mr. Loeb, despite his epic fail on a stage in Cyprus last year.

Josti
17th February 2010, 15:40
Well, Lancia was winding their effort down so he had little choice, did he? :)

That's true, still, his mojo got totally lost after that horrid season.

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 15:42
Ogier is a much more talented driver, almost a clone of Mr. Loeb, despite his epic fail on a stage in Cyprus last year.

Ogier may have more raw talent, but I think Sordo will show us this year that he is a real contender for wins in every rally. His tarmac pace is undeniably rapid, and on gravel he is getting better and better, and even on snow he showed great pace in Sweden. Remember Dani is still a young lad.

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 15:45
But it gets irritating to think that he has been in a works team for 4 years now without a win.

tmx
17th February 2010, 15:58
Only irritates me if I funded him for a drive or bet on him, but since I don't, doesn't irritates me. Even though I want Mikko to win the championship, I still prefer if Latvala was allow to win, so I'm not happy now that he isn't allowed to win either. Others say Malcolm made a right move for this, I want to see if this helps Latvala or frustrate him. In this respect, Dani must be the most patience I've ever seen, if it wasn't for only 2 competitive manufacturers he should have been in another team long ago. He stays because there are no other (better) options, but he shouldn't bet on Citroen repaying him with #1 status and a championship win.

serial jeff
17th February 2010, 16:01
I hope he gets out of Citroen soon... he has been consistently improving and he gave Citroen two constructor's championships, but I doubt Citroen cares a hoot. They'll use him until they can replace him with Sebastien Ogier and that'll be it.

Ideally (though it would never happen) Dani would ditch them now and rent Petter's Xsara. If Petter got his game back for Mexico and produced a half decent result, by the end of the season I suspect the two of them could end up with as many (or more) points as the factory teams. :p

Oliver's comments about Dani after his mistake are unforgivable. Years of consistent driving and following team orders get him that? Meanwhile, Oliver praises Ogier and Kimi for their poorer results. Malcolm has always been supportive towards JML and Mikko, even when most people would have kicked JML off the team.

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 16:04
Quesnel is not a very kind team maneger IMO.

tmx
17th February 2010, 16:12
Quesnel is not a very kind team manager IMO. Nor has been Guy Frequelin in term of managements and expectation of his drivers, but it's just in respect of their business interests. Certainly Malcolm Wilson adopted some if it this year, if he want to take back the championship.

However, Latvala is not as patient as Sordo, but in this business sport it would be more negative to himself. So I hope he can cope with it because I think Mikko will be at Ford and team leader for years to come (though hopefully more manufacturers in future).

Daniel
17th February 2010, 16:14
BJ, perhaps time to lay off the beer and xenophobia.

JFL
17th February 2010, 16:17
Do I remember this right? After Ogier was driving a wrc car for the first time in GB, Guy Frequelin told the media that he did'nt think that Ogier would be a new Loeb! He was'nt such a big talent and the JWRC title was'nt that difficult to win.... Correct me if I'm wrong..

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 16:31
He is talented, and anyone who wins the JWRC is a great driver if you look at things from diffrent angles. :)

tmx
17th February 2010, 16:35
Ah yes, I also know someone else who's a JWRC champion.
2005 Spain Dani Sordo Citroën C2 S1600
2001 France Sébastien Loeb Citroën Saxo VTS S1600

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 16:39
So looking at that it only took Loeb 3 years to win his WDC since winning the JWRC. It will be at least 5 years for Sordo. Prediction for Ogier? At least 5 years too in my opinion.

Langdale Forest
17th February 2010, 16:44
Who won the JWRC in 2009?
Where will that driver be in 5 years time?

serial jeff
17th February 2010, 16:45
Do I remember this right? After Ogier was driving a wrc car for the first time in GB, Guy Frequelin told the media that he did'nt think that Ogier would be a new Loeb! He was'nt such a big talent and the JWRC title was'nt that difficult to win.... Correct me if I'm wrong..

To some extent I'd agree with him... I know everyone thinks Ogier is going to be amazing, but I don't see it yet. The season started terribly, then Quesnel made a big deal about his second place in Greece. But seriously, he was gifted second after literally everyone else retired. In the following rallies he got more consistent but was still unable to get near Petter or Dani.

Maybe he'll find more speed and be a no1 driver someday- but it's too early to know yet.

Ghostwalker
17th February 2010, 19:27
Who won the JWRC in 2009?

1. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic) Martin Prokop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Prokop) 2 1 1 2 1 Ret 46 pts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_World_Rally_Championship_season#JWRC_Drivers. 27_championship

ZequeArgentina
17th February 2010, 21:31
For me Dani is one of the best drivers.
If Loeb retires, it will happens as with Hirvonen when Gronholm stoped, all the team focus in him, he will get the little bit he is lacking for wining and being WDC.

How many wins did Hirvonen had by then? just, in Australia 2006 and Norway 2007. and he had been racing with worksfocus since 2003, and des anyone have critics over Mikko capabilities?

pettersolberg29
17th February 2010, 21:58
Very true Zeque. I agree entirely. Sordo is following Mikko's route quite well and there is no reason he won't be challenging for Championships soon. I say no reason - maybe Ogier is the only reason.

macksrallye
18th February 2010, 04:40
I'd like to see David Richards announce his Mini WRC assualt with PG Andersson & Dani Sordo as his 2 drivers. That would be a team worth watching.

N.O.T
18th February 2010, 08:33
I'd like to see David Richards announce his Mini WRC assualt with PG Andersson & Dani Sordo as his 2 drivers. That would be a team worth watching.

PG andersson needs a solid team not a newcomer to test his patience.....he did that in the suzuki.

Tomi
18th February 2010, 09:06
PG andersson needs a solid team not a newcomer to test his patience.....he did that in the suzuki.

Yes, but a new team in WRC is propably his only chance.
Swedes do something about it, put all resourses behind PG, and rally in Sweden will have a new reneissance.
I did read Aftonbladet and Expressen during the Swedish rally, very little coverage, its time to do something.

Ghostwalker
18th February 2010, 10:27
Yes, but a new team in WRC is propably his only chance.
Swedes do something about it, put all resourses behind PG, and rally in Sweden will have a new reneissance.
I did read Aftonbladet and Expressen during the Swedish rally, very little coverage, its time to do something.

I agree with you Tomi unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

this is a bit OT so sorry for that but:

AS far as media (and major sponsors) is concerned there are
only two sports that matters football and icehockey.

The biggest news papers like Expressen, Aftonbladet and DN are also very
Stockholm orientated/focused and rarely cares about Football, hockey and Stockholm sport except for Olympic games.

Motorsport is generally not intresting for media and sponsors despite that various forms of motorsports is quite poular among the Swedes.

Rallying is often/sometimes seen as a noisy and polluting "peasant sport" not appropriate for "fine people from the city".

Sure its a slight exaggeration but still its the way it is.

Like they city in which i live. They rather spend €1'500'000 on a new turf for the Division 2 (4th highest division) football teams
then supporting the two elite teams that we had (only remaining, the Speedway team went bankrupt and had to fold so only the handball team exists now) and
a few months ago i read that the city wants to support the Divison 2 football team with even more money.

milly
18th February 2010, 10:59
There is supposed to be some announcement about Mini WRC program at Geneva Show at the start of March.

There were some people from Mini with David Richards and David Lapworth in Sweden last week.

sal
18th February 2010, 11:46
Wouldnt be suprised if Mini employed a German driver.

Tomi
18th February 2010, 11:47
I agree with you Tomi unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

this is a bit OT so sorry for that but:

AS far as media (and major sponsors) is concerned there are
only two sports that matters football and icehockey.

The biggest news papers like Expressen, Aftonbladet and DN are also very
Stockholm orientated/focused and rarely cares about Football, hockey and Stockholm sport except for Olympic games.

Motorsport is generally not intresting for media and sponsors despite that various forms of motorsports is quite poular among the Swedes.

Rallying is often/sometimes seen as a noisy and polluting "peasant sport" not appropriate for "fine people from the city".

Sure its a slight exaggeration but still its the way it is.

Like they city in which i live. They rather spend €1'500'000 on a new turf for the Division 2 (4th highest division) football teams
then supporting the two elite teams that we had (only remaining, the Speedway team went bankrupt and had to fold so only the handball team exists now) and
a few months ago i read that the city wants to support the Divison 2 football team with even more money.

Yes I know, but im sure nobody has showed any potential sponsor a solid plan, how to marketing their products internationally thruh rally, a samekind of pool that Bosse did have when he tryed to find a seat im sure would work also in Sweden.
The companies that sponsor dont have to be Swedish either, Finnish drivers most sponsors are not Finnish either, all that is needed is 5-10 dedicated people from different branches who are willing to work unselfish really.

White Sauron
18th February 2010, 12:29
If Loeb retires, it will happens as with Hirvonen when Gronholm stoped, all the team focus in him, he will get the little bit he is lacking for wining and being WDC.

How many wins did Hirvonen had by then? just, in Australia 2006 and Norway 2007. and he had been racing with worksfocus since 2003, and des anyone have critics over Mikko capabilities?

Sorry, but don't agree.
2003 - some rallies in an old Focus
2004 - not with Ford
2005 - just a few rallies as a privateer and only one works appearance.
2006 - actually FIRST season with Ford as a 2nd driver and FIRST victory.

Fide
18th February 2010, 20:37

For me Sordo will be an eternal lucky looser like Barrichello in F1... even worst after years and years he didn't win a single race.....

Fide
8th March 2010, 12:49
After last week-end it is clear Ogier is a serious cloud over Sordo's sky. He never reached a bit of confidence and Ogier demonstrated to be in control all the time. Probably Sordo's star started to turn-off. In addition Ogier is a French in an all French team..............

Daniel
8th March 2010, 13:12
After last week-end it is clear Ogier is a serious cloud over Sordo's sky. He never reached a bit of confidence and Ogier demonstrated to be in control all the time. Probably Sordo's star started to turn-off. In addition Ogier is a French in an all French team..............
Spain is an important market for Citroen. Sordo won't be gone anytime soon

Woodeye
8th March 2010, 17:43
For me Sordo will be an eternal lucky looser like Barrichello in F1... even worst after years and years he didn't win a single race.....

Same here. Poor Dani, it seems that he will never make it to the top, because I can also see Ogier breathing behind his back now. For sure there will be pressure for the rest of the season for him to start scoring.

Ghostwalker
8th March 2010, 18:15
i dont find it particularly unlikely that it is Loeb that we'll be the one that moves.
If Loeb wins his 7th title i think he will do something else especially with the new s2k cars.

tmx
8th March 2010, 19:33
Once again Quesnel seem harsh on his comment about Dani mistake. Dani will probably be kept at Citroen, but if he is going to be 2nd driver to Ogier, then I would rather he look for a drive elsewhere.

Andre Oliveira
12th August 2019, 18:06
https://scontent.fopo2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/68758166_2839373872758688_5464833722194853888_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnbi0k5xmT-QASw8Cr_hNv1H1arfNcEGe1_rXiRVSpVqYgJMk3XhothcclCFg 14Yuk&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo2-1.fna&oh=b2f8bba36a2d99fe1be0191627de2a79&oe=5DC92C59

mknight
12th August 2019, 18:58
Almost makes you wonder whether he is doing Turkey.
Just 2 weeks before and flying to/from South America means he won't do testing almost whole week before (with recce) and most of the week after. Yet Hyundai is likely doing Turkey testing at some point there.