PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Colin Turkington!

VkmSpouge
4th October 2009, 17:46
Well done! Brilliant champion!

I'm so happy for him and the entire Team RAC. Couldn't happen to nicer guy :D

WSRfan82
4th October 2009, 17:52
YYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

GET IN THERE TURKINGTON!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! ;-)

TURKINGTON!!!!!!!!!!! TURKINGTON!!!!!! TURKINGTON!!!!!! TURKINGTON!!!!!!!!

Team Atomic Kitten

Works WSR MG

Vauxhall

WSR MG

WSR BMW

WEEELLL DONE TURKS ....WEEELLL DONE!!!!!

Dave B
4th October 2009, 17:54
What a guy. Genuinely impressive all through his career, a clean racer, and a thoroughly deserving champion :champion: :up:

mac853
4th October 2009, 17:59
WOOOOOHHHH.....
He deserved.
I could tell i am typewriting with tears in face!
The guy without full support of factory and fight only with sweat and all sacrifice deserved to win.
Not those which with full budget and support by factory and always treat as VIP in the track is deserved, this is just easy win not really champion.

You are a great Ulsterman!

Robinho
4th October 2009, 18:15
Great drive, so well deserved, brilliant drive against the tictacs of VX in the last race - was squeaky bum time when it looked like the car was damaged

Well Done Colin :up:

UltimateDanGTR
4th October 2009, 18:26
well done Colin. truly amazing day of racing, superb action, a closest ever finish, Plato superb, Gio losing out in the end. thoroughly deserved by Colin. overcame evil :D tactics by VX, and a superb team effort this year. truly amazing that Plato stormed to 2nd and 3 straight wins aswell, great driving by all championship contenders and supplying lots of mayhem along with the fords and other VXs!

what a brilliant brilliant championship this year, who said BTCC would be boring without Seat?

an excellent year of BTCC, well done all involved!

now, with racing like that, why the hell do we need F1? :D

Robinho
4th October 2009, 18:36
now, with racing like that, why the hell do we need F1? :D

cos now we need Button to seal the deal in Brazil and my motorsport year will be complete!

Allyc85
4th October 2009, 18:51
A massive congratulations to Colin and the team on an amazing year!! Was gutted when I could see Turkington had damage but he did a brilliant job to keep his head under all that pressure and bring the car home for the championship.

Was a bit disappointed in the way Mat Neal drove but the best man came through :D :D

Sarah
4th October 2009, 18:58
Congratulations Colin

MG2004
4th October 2009, 20:21
Congratulations Colin, a well deserved championship :)

I was at Brands today and can't remember a more nail biting day!

Plato and Chilton were both amazing today. I really thought Plato was going to nick the championship at the last gasp.

Well don Colin for resisting the pressure and keeping your head today - you saw the bigger picture and went for championship points not race wins!

I look forward to seeing the nu,mber 1 on your car next year.

BTCC Fan#1
4th October 2009, 21:00
The best man won today. Brilliant. :) I will even admit to having a slight lump in my throat when he was celebrating after the 3rd race! He thoroughly deserves the title after a fantastic year. Well done Colin and Team RAC!

christophulus
4th October 2009, 21:02
Fantastic result and thoroughly deserved :) . I too had a tear in my eye as he crossed the line, seems like a top bloke and well done to him :up:

Chris2k6
4th October 2009, 22:09
Get in there Turkington! Awesome season and well deserved champion! Also all the guys at Team RAC deserved this too!

Well done to all the entrants this season as well for making 2009 a season to remember!

MattL
5th October 2009, 00:24
Congratulations to Colin. It was tough to watch today, so must have been a lot tougher to drive! A deserving champion!

BTCC2
5th October 2009, 01:59
Fantastic, drove like a champion all year he really did deserve it. You could really see how much it meant to him aswell, I'm thrilled fir the guy.

WELL DONE COLIN!!!

Mark
5th October 2009, 09:10
Brilliant! A fantastic drive to take the championship, and a deserving winner after Vauxhalls underhand tactics to try and take the crown. :champion:

Fordfan
5th October 2009, 10:09
Many congratulations to Colin and the team. A thouroughly deserved champion.
Nice to see Plato had the good grace to pull over and let Colin take the lap of honour at the end. A very sporting touch.

wedge
5th October 2009, 12:03
Congrats to Turkington. It's been a long time coming!

Bezza
5th October 2009, 12:56
Brilliant! A fantastic drive to take the championship, and a deserving winner after Vauxhalls underhand tactics to try and take the crown. :champion:

Agreed, worthy champ, and a shame that Vauxhall had to end their affinity with the BTCC like this. Unfortunately, thats what you get when you employ Matt Neal.

lilmelvschilton
5th October 2009, 13:58
well done colin you deserved that championship :D

Adam Bollons
5th October 2009, 17:33
He is now no.1 and man does he deserve it! Congratulations to him and everyone involved. He has beaten the best of the best, who is going to stop him now?

mac853
5th October 2009, 18:24
Could anybody confirm if Colin and Team RAC will joining ETC cup in Portugal of this year and also for others BTCC drivers which run WTCC rules cars?

Best regards

mattie007
5th October 2009, 18:30
Congratulations Colin and WSR!
Having followed Turks from the start in his yellow and black MG ZS, through to the orange BMW I am just so happy! Was there to witness the great occasion, has there ever been a more worthy champion?!
Nice touch to see Dick Bennetts on the podium.

Roll on 2010!

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 16:54
What a guy. Genuinely impressive all through his career, a clean racer, and a thoroughly deserving champion :champion: :up:

That was a comment that was echoed up and down the pit. I cannot remember a more popular Champion with such respect from other teams.

Well done Team RAC and the Turkington family.

Eurotech
6th October 2009, 19:59
tbh i'm a bit dissappointed that VXR didn't get the title but I guess i'm just biased having been a vauxhall supporter for most of my life but congratulations to turkington - the best man won in the end

bt52b
7th October 2009, 00:56
Congrats to Colin and all at WSR Team RAC. Hope its the first of many :D

patnicholls
7th October 2009, 23:49
:up:

Well done to Colin, thoroughly deserved not just for this season but his many years of great performances in the BTCC. One of the nicest guys involved in racing too.

Great performances by Jason and Fabrizio too, and very gracious in defeat. An enjoyable season all-round.

DazzlaF1
9th October 2009, 21:24
Well done Colin, have to agree with one of the posts above, i dont think theres been a championship win as popular as Turkington's in many years, probably not since Cleland won in 95. Also comiserations to Plato and Giovanardi, 2 more than worthy challengers. If that is indeed Fabrizio's last BTCC race, then thanks for the memories and good luck in the future to him.

Also what a way to decide the championship, a battle up there with Harvey/Cleland/Soper from 1992, the stuff of legend.

Vauxhall may be gone and the manufacturers may be non existent next season but in terms of excitement and quality of racing, the BTCC i think is back to its very best.

BDunnell
11th October 2009, 21:51
Only just watched the three races — sadly the BTCC doesn't get much of an airing on Libyan television! What a stunning race meeting. Plato drove better than I've ever seen him, Chilton was classy, Neal wasn't, but in the end the best man won and it was just fabulous.

And how anyone could think that the BTCC is on anything other than top form as it goes into 2010 beats me.

Daniel
11th October 2009, 22:19
Ben I could so answer that but I'd just be flogging a dead horse ;)

BDunnell
11th October 2009, 23:04
Ben I could so answer that but I'd just be flogging a dead horse ;)

And I'd just say you were talking rubbish with a lack of historical perspective, but that mare would then be well and truly whipped, too.

stevie_gerrard
12th October 2009, 13:34
Colin deserved to win it, but a lot of credit to Plato, who i thought was just magical last weekend. He really pulled all the stops out, had he not made so many mistakes earlier in the season, it would have worked out nicely for him.

DazzlaF1
15th October 2009, 22:20
Action from that title decider, you can even hear the 35'000 crowd cheering as plato took Colin, just like 92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xAs22mLeIc&feature=related