2nd October 2009, 03:31
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79109

Scraps the quitting rumours then!

Valve Bounce
2nd October 2009, 04:20
It would appear that reports of Toyota's impending demise are premature. :p :

jens
2nd October 2009, 12:31
I don't think it "scraps" the quitting rumours. I would interpret the news in such way that Howett is working flat-out to somehow convince Tokyo board to keep the team in F1. He has to come up with something "big" before November 15!

Valve Bounce
2nd October 2009, 13:56
I don't think it "scraps" the quitting rumours. I would interpret the news in such way that Howett is working flat-out to somehow convince Tokyo board to keep the team in F1. He has to come up with something "big" before November 15!

Two big name drivers would certainly help.

Sonic
2nd October 2009, 14:01
Two big name drivers would certainly help.

Not if Toyota want to cost cut.

N. Jones
2nd October 2009, 14:30
I don't think they need to cut cost I think the need racing people running the F1 programme. If they could get both Kubica and Heidfeld I don't think that would be too bad.

harsha
2nd October 2009, 15:03
I don't think that Toyota manage to put up consistent performances through a race weekend..prolly Singapore was one exception but If they are strong in qualifying,they lack race pace and if they have race pace,they are too far back to get anywhere near the podium

UltimateDanGTR
2nd October 2009, 16:03
they are going after kimi as well.

interesting, they are going all out attack, maybe they want a final epic swansong?

Sonic
2nd October 2009, 19:07
As a race winning driver you'd be mad to go to Toyota.

How can they expect a super star to sign for them with no budget in place for 2010? They can't! So they'd be asking these drivers to hold out for Toyota by which point if it all falls apart all the top drives would be gone.

I see Glock and Kobayashi for 2010.