PDA

View Full Version : ISC Prepares to Screw Up Another Perfectly Good Track.

bblocker68
1st October 2009, 18:25
Thanks!!

http://irldefender.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/isc-prepares-to-screw-up-another-perfectly-good-track/

From The Defender:

Why do track owners affiliated with NASCAR; e.g., ISC, feel compelled to turn great race tracks into high banked cookie cutters?

Cookie CutterThe folks who run the track at Fontana want to narrow the track and bank the turns some more in the hope it will result in closer racing, and presumably more ticket buyers. Good luck. NASCAR remains lowest common denominator racing for the masses. The track at Fontana was built for all out speed by the fastest cars in the world. That is decidedly not NASCAR.

I am one who wishes the Indy Cars would run there again, but with two Cup dates and the indifference in general of those who might spend money there it remains a no-hoper. The Cup dates no longer come close to selling out so their solution is to systematically vandalize that great track into yet another homogenized freak show. What a shame. I miss they old Ontario Motor Speedway but that did not last either.

Have we not got enough high banked abominations already? I want to go back to Fontana with Indy Cars, but we need to be at Michigan and Richmond first.

Wade91
1st October 2009, 18:51
if they make these changes to the track it should make for better nascar races there,

most of the nascar races there in the past few years have been kinda boring

Lousada
1st October 2009, 20:28
Is there really a market for Indycars in Long Beach, Sonoma AND Fontana? They could better penetrate some new markets like New Hampshire, Vegas, Phoenix and so on.

Knocker69
2nd October 2009, 02:50
I miss they old Ontario Motor Speedway

I can't help but giggle at the irony of this.

DBell
2nd October 2009, 14:03
Defender? So he's blogging now I see. Makes sense as he's been banned from just about every forum that's out there. I have no opinion on whether this is true or not. I'd wait until I see it from another source than John Howard, aka Defender. I wouldn't give a grain of salt for anything he says. A grain of salt is more valuable. :)

Jag_Warrior
2nd October 2009, 18:18
Defender? So he's blogging now I see. Makes sense as he's been banned from just about every forum that's out there. I have no opinion on whether this is true or not. I'd wait until I see it from another source than John Howard, aka Defender. I wouldn't give a grain of salt for anything he says. A grain of salt is more valuable. :)

After what he said about Alex Zanardi after his near fatal accident in Germany, I'll reserve any comments I have about Mr. Howard. Anything I say would surely get me banned from this site... and possibly sued.

But if this "person" said that Christmas was going to be on December 25th, I wouldn't take his word for it.

speeddurango
3rd October 2009, 01:38
Whatever this guy has done is not known by me but the news was true, because it was reported on LA times few days ago that the plan had been called off (at least for the moment).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nascar-fontana30-2009sep30,0,1831630.story

Ironcurtainantihero
3rd October 2009, 04:27
After what he said about Alex Zanardi after his near fatal accident in Germany, I'll reserve any comments I have about Mr. Howard. Anything I say would surely get me banned from this site... and possibly sued.

But if this "person" said that Christmas was going to be on December 25th, I wouldn't take his word for it.

Wow! I guess I'm not the only one who has had trouble with "defenderoftheirl". The only things I know from my dealings with him is that he hates CART/ChampCar, and that rather than responding to someone who questions his posts in a mature fashion-with facts and intellectual reasoning-he resorts to childish insults and name calling. If you can, please elaborate on your quote above. Why was he banned from every forum? I kind of know, but I'd like to hear someone else's view.

Jag_Warrior
3rd October 2009, 04:47
I haven't dealt with him in several years - and I've never met this, er... "person". I've known him online since the old Speedvision board days. As for why he's been banned from so many forums, I really don't know. I can only assume. Any guy who would make crude jokes about a man getting his legs cut off and nearly dying has probably said other things that would tend to get him banned quite often. I'm not really sure. But of all of the people who I've interacted with over the years, he's the only one who it wouldn't be good if we ever met. And yes, I really mean that.

When you take the CART vs. IRL or CCWS vs. IRL thing so seriously that you find human suffering genuinely funny, I have no use for you. I have no use for him. I think that he should eat more pork, deep fried in lard... and covered in salt. And no, I wouldn't find that to be funny. But karma is a b!tch, or so I've heard.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 04:56
Well, he had the story of the President of Fontana wanting bigger banks and narrowing the track. For NASCAR, it might make their racing better. It would mean no more chance of Indy Car going there, but with Long Beach the first real race with tradition past Indy, I don't think we need to go back. The crowd that appreciates Indycars isn't going to trek out to the Inland Empire to go watch missles go by at 245. Which is about how fast the Indy Cars would go if they had 24 degrees of banking to work with.

Ironcurtainantihero
3rd October 2009, 04:58
I haven't dealt with him in several years - and I've never met this, er... "person". I've known him online since the old Speedvision board days. As for why he's been banned from so many forums, I really don't know. I can only assume. Any guy who would make crude jokes about a man getting his legs cut off and nearly dying has probably said other things that would tend to get him banned quite often. I'm not really sure. But of all of the people who I've interacted with over the years, he's the only one who it wouldn't be good if we ever met. And yes, I really mean that.

When you take the CART vs. IRL or CCWS vs. IRL thing so seriously that you find human suffering genuinely funny, I have no use for you. I have no use for him. I think that he should eat more pork, deep fried in lard... and covered in salt. And no, I wouldn't find that to be funny. But karma is a b!tch, or so I've heard.

Thank you for explaining, Jag_Warrior. I remember seeing the Zanardi crash and absolutely hoding my breath. I truly thought he was dead after seeing that crash.

And yes, if "defender" found that to be funny, I agree with you that I want no part of him.

Lee Roy
3rd October 2009, 14:12

Yeah, I remember when that Class-A Jerk had a sceen name of "Alex Hoppes".