PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari signs Alonso for 3 years *confirmed*

pino
30th September 2009, 15:11
http://www.gazzetta.it/

Dave B
30th September 2009, 15:16
"Meanwhile Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Alonso has already been working with the engineers at Ferrari on cockpit dimensions for next year’s car and has requested some of his favourite engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault be hired by the team, much as Michael Schumacher brought with him his favourites from Benetton when he joined Ferrari in 1996/97"

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/09/driver-moves-to-start-in-wake-of-alonso-announcement-this-week/

gloomyDAY
30th September 2009, 15:22
I might as well skip next year.

Nothing but red at the top. Ferrari should be unbeatable.

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 15:23
Hail Caesar

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20061029elpepudep_3/XLCO/Ies/Fernando_Alonso_recibe_calor_Oviedo.jpg

euskalteam
http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090930_F1_News_1.aspx

pino
I feel sorry for Kimi but at the same time I am very happy that Ferrari has signed the most complete driver of todays F1 :up: As posted before in my opinion the best choice would've been Kimi and Alonso :D

gloomyDAY
30th September 2009, 15:29
Hail Caesar

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20061029elpepudep_3/XLCO/Ies/Fernando_Alonso_recibe_calor_Oviedo.jpgThat's pretty rad.

gloomyDAY
30th September 2009, 15:33
How do you feel?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/killincommies/happyalonsita.jpg

http://www.ugo.com/movies/grotesque-surgical-procedures/images/batman.jpg

Knock-on
30th September 2009, 15:35
Blimey, this is a shock. Never saw that coming :D

I am evil Homer
30th September 2009, 15:49

That's assuming an awful lot! No guarantees next years car will be any better, comparatively than this years...despite Alonso alleged 6/10s he brings to any team through his development expertise ;)

Garry Walker
30th September 2009, 15:49
Hopefully he will crash a lot next year :up:

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 15:56
"Meanwhile Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Alonso has already been working with the engineers at Ferrari on cockpit dimensions for next year’s car
and has requested some of his favourite engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault be hired by the team,

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/09/driver-moves-to-start-in-wake-of-alonso-announcement-this-week/ (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/09/driver-moves-to-start-in-wake-of-alonso-announcement-this-week/)

Reports from the Spanish media are always suspect.
But just for yuks, and giggles lets say there is some truth to this report:
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_23260.shtml
Fernando Alonso will take with him technicians from a selection of other teams, chosen personally by him

Well at a guess I would say, Pat Symonds, Nigel Stepney, and Mike Coughlan
Probably about as realistic as the suggestion in the article .. Whoops :arrows: :laugh: :s mokin:
:rotflmao:

Firstgear
30th September 2009, 16:06
"Meanwhile............and has requested some of his favourite engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault be hired ........."

With the scandals that seem to follow FA around, the above quote put into my mind an image of the Pied-Piper running from team to team getting all the rats to follow him.

Massa must be thrilled.

Firstgear
30th September 2009, 16:07
Hopefully he will crash a lot next year :up:
I thought you were a big Ferrari fan. :confused:

Garry Walker
30th September 2009, 16:16
I thought you were a big Ferrari fan. :confused:

I was a schumacher fan and after that I liked Massa. When Kimi joined Ferrari, he won me over aswell, with his attitude (he didnt bitch about the team, just did his work quietly). Never been a ferrari fan, never will be after this for sure. In any case, I have never supported specific teams.

Ferrari broke a contract that did not have any reason to be broken at all. Anyone thinking Alonso will suddenly make Ferrari all mighty and powerful need to look at his two last years at Renault. So Luca De montezoo is in my view a prick, who has some emotional issues with Alonso.
Especially as the guy he hired, has been in a few scandals, also in one involving Ferrari. I would never ever deal with such a person.
I have no support for Ferrari, except for Massa being there and I hope he leaves after next year. After all, Ferrari has shown they are not about loyality at all, so who is to say that Montezoo will not get some crazy feelings for another driver and think, well that Massa, lets dump him.
Kimi is much more of a gentleman than I am, so I am pretty sure he will not dish out dirt on Ferrari, but I would if Ferrari had behaved like this towards me.

christophulus
30th September 2009, 16:25

Hope not. McLaren have got the car sorted and Hamilton and Raikkonen (maybe) will be a formidable pairing. Brawn will be there or thereabouts, Red Bull, Williams...

Alonso has been at Renault for two years now and they've never looked particularly competitive, so him turning up at Ferrari isn't going to turn the car into a world beater automatically. And they'll have to keep him happy alongside Massa.

I'm really looking forward to 2010 now, especially if Kimi does end up at McLaren.

truefan72
30th September 2009, 16:28
here comes troubles

lets have a poll to see how long it will take Alonso to fire the first salvo claiming team favoritism of Massa.

I say the dynamic goes kaput right around July next year. With Massa probably leaving by the end of the year.

SGWilko
30th September 2009, 16:39
here comes troubles

lets have a poll to see how long it will take Alonso to fire the first salvo claiming team favoritism of Massa.

Perhaps he will threaten to tell the 'real story' about spy-gate in a masterstroke of team blackmail hissyfittedness? :rotflmao:

Dave B
30th September 2009, 16:45
here comes troubles

I say the dynamic goes kaput right around July next year. With Massa probably leaving by the end of the year.
You jest, but you also raise an interesting point. Alonso has never - never - coped well with having a strong team mate. He's always has a Schumacher-esqe need to be the clear number one in any team. If Massa can return to the form he showed from the middle of 2008 until his accident this year (and we all surely hope he can) there could well be fireworks.

Perhaps Alonso will lobby for Fisichella to be kept in the other car to make him look good! :p

Baraclava
30th September 2009, 16:47
Congratulations to Fernando, for a McLaren and a Lewis fan i hope we witness close racing from the pair in 2010...the question is, can he beat Massa or do better than Badoer and Fisico? we'll find out!

Nate_ST
30th September 2009, 16:51
Can't wait to see Alonso in red next year. 2010 should be an all out brawl between Ferrari and McLaren for the title.

Kevincal
30th September 2009, 16:52
This reminds me a lot of Schumachers career. Winning 2 titles then switching to the mighty Ferrari. Though Alonso won't have to be at Ferrari for 5 years before his first of many titles with them imo ;) Let's not forget it was Alonso 2 years in a row who beat Schumacher fair and square in many awesome racing battles, basically forcing Schumi to throw in his hat and call it a career. The Renault car has obviously been lacking the last couple years, and Fernando has still managed to finish in the top 10 on a regular basis.

Sorry to say but Kimi does not have the fire / desire that Ferrari needs. Massa has it, Kimi seems to not care the last couple seasons after winning his title, which let's be honest, Kimi was very lucky to win that title in the first place. Of course Kimi CAN be extremely fast, but not on a consistent enough basis. I think he'd be better off moving to another series such as rallying. He seems bored with F1 imo. Hopefully Massa makes a complete recovery.

It should be awesome to see what Fernando does in the Ferrari. It's a serious possibility Schumachers records will be in jeopardy 5 years from now... ;)

I guess I shouldn't forget Hamilton, but he reminds me a lot of Kimi. Blazingly fast at times, but not with the consistency of an Alonso or Schumacher. Lewis title was also a lucky one. And as much as people bitch about contreversies surrounding Alonso, I still think McLaren / Toyota may have gotten away with one of the big scandals in F1 in a long time, that last race where Glock mysteriously slowed down on the last lap to let Hamilton by for the title. I feel so bad for Massa, as he deserved that title more than anyone. And to make it worse, the accident that happened to him this year. Just a horrible stretch of luck for him.

woody2goody
30th September 2009, 16:55
Everyone else is doomed, I can see Ferrari running away with the 2010 championship now.

Alonso's re-won me over after his 2007 shenanigans. His performances in the last two years have been outstanding in a mediocre car, and to me he's still the most complete driver out there.

Massa has a difficult task next season.

rabf1
30th September 2009, 17:09
Alonso was soundly beaten by Hamilton at Maclaren. I don't think Alonso is as great as many argue.

woody2goody
30th September 2009, 17:15
Alonso was soundly beaten by Hamilton at Maclaren. I don't think Alonso is as great as many argue.

Without opening up a can of worms, Alonso was faster than Hamilton at McLaren for the majority of the year.

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 17:16

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am evil Homer
30th September 2009, 17:16
And Kimi isn't lacking "fire" either.....it's the usual lazy characeture. As has been pointed out he's pretty much matched Massa's point-per-race average and won a championship. Hardly the behaviour of someone who doesn't care.

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 17:29
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_5595880,00.html

"I'm very happy and proud to become a Ferrari driver," Alonso said.
"Driving the 'prancing horse' represents a dream for everyone who does this job and now I have the good fortune to be able to realise that.
"Already in the summer he had reached an understanding for 2011 but then over the last few days the picture of the situation changed and we decided to bring forward the switch to Maranello by a year.
Renault tribute

"The last few years at Renault were fantastic, together we managed to win four titles (two drivers' and two constructors') and so far 21 grands prix.
"I wish the team all the luck possible and I hope we can put together some good results in the last races of this season.
"After that all my energies will be focused on next season: I'm sure that together with Felipe we'll be able to give great satisfaction to Ferrari and to their fans all over the world.
"I can't wait to start working with my new team."

Welcome aboard mate! :beer: Cheers !!

F1boat
30th September 2009, 17:32
I doubt that this is a good decision. In my opinion Alonso and Massa will not like each other very much. Also I doubt that Ferrari will be so dominant next year. I am sure that McLaren will be extremely competitive as well and I would never underestimate Brawn.

UltimateDanGTR
30th September 2009, 17:34
the least suprising announcment ever, im just glad they have indeed confirmed it.

ferrari will be formidabble next year, and we should get set for an epic championship battle!

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 18:38
Excellent news... Can't wait for the announcement from Kimi :) He already made it!!!
It goes something like this:
"I'm very sad!" :dozey:

Steve2009
30th September 2009, 18:53
I was actually refering to his drive for next year ;)

Leaving any team is sad but this is hardly the end of the world for Kimi... If he decides to return to mclaren, its just leaving one great team for another... :)
Yes seriously we should be in for a cracking season in 2010 :up: :)
It will be interesting to see if kimi still knows how to detonate the crap out of Mercedes Powerplants :dozey:

superocean
1st October 2009, 00:34
Kimi didn't just blow up engines, he seemed hard on the cars as well. Remember that one tire/suspension blowup. Nonetheless, it will be exciting as long as FIA don't come up with other crappy rules that mess with racing.

I say Alonso will be WDC w/2 to 3 races to go. Closest competitor will be Massa or Lewis.

winer
1st October 2009, 01:06

Ferrari believed they would be unbeatable this year, and look what happened.

winer
1st October 2009, 01:15
I was a schumacher fan and after that I liked Massa. When Kimi joined Ferrari, he won me over aswell, with his attitude (he didnt bitch about the team, just did his work quietly). Never been a ferrari fan, never will be after this for sure. In any case, I have never supported specific teams.

Ferrari broke a contract that did not have any reason to be broken at all. Anyone thinking Alonso will suddenly make Ferrari all mighty and powerful need to look at his two last years at Renault. So Luca De montezoo is in my view a prick, who has some emotional issues with Alonso.
Especially as the guy he hired, has been in a few scandals, also in one involving Ferrari. I would never ever deal with such a person.
I have no support for Ferrari, except for Massa being there and I hope he leaves after next year. After all, Ferrari has shown they are not about loyality at all, so who is to say that Montezoo will not get some crazy feelings for another driver and think, well that Massa, lets dump him.
Kimi is much more of a gentleman than I am, so I am pretty sure he will not dish out dirt on Ferrari, but I would if Ferrari had behaved like this towards me.

I agree completely.

Saint Devote
1st October 2009, 03:49
The goal of Alonso is one thing only - beating Schumacher's record. He beat Schumacher and did the double world title in 2005 and 2006 and in his view kicked the great German driver into retirement by simpy grinding him down at the end of an incredible FOUR title run.

Massa is small potatoes and if neccessary Alonso will destroy him. I agree with those that see Massa gone at the end of 2010 and I think the only reason Massa is still on strength is because of his accident. Ferrari, unlike the days of Enzo actually cares.

Alonso is an exciting driver to watch when he is on a charge and finally we will get to see who is the better driver between Hamilton and Alonso.

We have seen that give Hamilton a car that is competitive and he gets the job done. Complicating the whole thing will be drivers such as Button and Raikkonen and Vettel.

I think we could be set for a period in racing that will rival the great days of the 80's up to 1992 where Mansell, Prost, Senna and Piquet all did battle.

I love it that there is no refuelling - was it not just a most enthralling period where Vettel was chasing Hamilton in Singapore - that was the most enjoyable part pf the race for me. It was qintessental formula 1.

Saint Devote
1st October 2009, 03:53

Kimi is elegant in his behavior but that stems from a better fundemantal reason that simply good manners - he does not care because he has iron clad self-esteem and views his leaving Ferrari as their loss - I agree with THAT.

Saint Devote
1st October 2009, 03:56
Can't wait to see Alonso in red next year. 2010 should be an all out brawl between Ferrari and McLaren for the title.

Funny, thats what everyone was saying at the end of 2008 and instead it turned out that Brawn and Red Bull were the teams to beat :D

There is no certainty in teams being the ones to beat.

woody2goody
1st October 2009, 07:33
Funny, thats what everyone was saying at the end of 2008 and instead it turned out that Brawn and Red Bull were the teams to beat :D

There is no certainty in teams being the ones to beat.

I think it's looking like Ferrari and McLaren, and Red Bull probably. It's difficult to say where Brawn will be, but I think Williams will be up amongst the top teams again.

F1boat
1st October 2009, 10:14
I think it's looking like Ferrari and McLaren, and Red Bull probably. It's difficult to say where Brawn will be, but I think Williams will be up amongst the top teams again.

In my opinion Red Bull will fade. I have the feeling that they are throwing everything for this season, while Brawn will be decent next year. Actuallu I want be surprised if they are even stronger. Brawn's teams tend to get better with time (Benetton 1994/5, Ferrari 2000/2001). But for now I want them to win NOW, not next year lol

Big Ben
1st October 2009, 10:18
I'm a little dissapointed. I've just read his interview and it seems he can only take 100% of his car's potentional. No wonder LH destroyed him with his 130%.

Storm
1st October 2009, 10:28
soundly - I think is the keyword here isn't it?
great post. :rolleyes:

This deal was almost done a year ago (for 2011), now they rolled it a year ahead. For once Marca has been right all along..(they were with Kaka and Ronaldo too, to be fair)

Kevincal
1st October 2009, 16:56
Alonso and Ham scored E Q U A L points in their year at Mc together. This was with Ham getting obvious preferential treatment. How in the hell does that = Ham being "soundly" better? It doesn't... They are equally fast drivers, only Fernando does not make as many stupid mistakes. It boils down to Alonso won 2 WDC soundly against one of, if not the greatest driver that ever walked the earth, and Ham has 1 EXTREMELY LUCKY WDC in which I still believe Glock / Toyota / Mc had some kind of evil scheme cooked up for that last race.

I am evil Homer
1st October 2009, 17:02
No, one had never driven competitively in F1 vs a 2-time champion - he wasn't soundly beaten but I don't think anyone expected Lewis to be that fast straight away.

But don't make out his WDC is any less deserved than Alonso's. It's a fallacy used to support a particular point of view....a bit like saying Alonso was 'lucky' Schumacher's engine failed at Suzuka.

SGWilko
1st October 2009, 17:03
Alonso and Ham scored E Q U A L points in their year at Mc together. This was with Ham getting obvious preferential treatment. How in the hell does that = Ham being "soundly" better? It doesn't... They are equally fast drivers, only Fernando does not make as many stupid mistakes. It boils down to Alonso won 2 WDC soundly against one of, if not the greatest driver that ever walked the earth, and Ham has 1 EXTREMELY LUCKY WDC in which I still believe Glock / Toyota / Mc had some kind of evil scheme cooked up for that last race.

Not bad for a rookie season eh?

Quite what leads you assume the rookie got better treatment over the expensive double world champ is a little baffling mind.

jens
1st October 2009, 19:10
--- which I still believe Glock / Toyota / Mc had some kind of evil scheme cooked up for that last race.

Oh, this must be really one of the best conspiracies I've heard. :p : Would you bet on Glock getting McLaren drive for 2010 as a payback? Maybe that's the "shock" Noble has been hinting at today. :D

henners88
1st October 2009, 19:53
This was with Ham getting obvious preferential treatment.
Ham has 1 EXTREMELY LUCKY WDC in which I still believe Glock / Toyota / Mc had some kind of evil scheme cooked up for that last race.
What?? :laugh:

These theories flew round at the end of last season for a few days but were very quickly laughed off the forum I do believe.. As soon as top drivers including the great Michael Schumacher explained the difficulties driving up a hill, in the wet, in slick tyres it became apparent how silly this conspiracy theory was... Amusing none the less.. :)

DexDexter
1st October 2009, 20:04
What?? :laugh:

These theories flew round at the end of last season for a few days but were very quickly laughed off the forum I do believe.. As soon as top drivers including the great Michael Schumacher explained the difficulties driving up a hill, in the wet, in slick tyres it became apparent how silly this conspiracy theory was... Amusing none the less.. :)

Fortunately these types of post are relatively rare on this forum.

Steve2009
1st October 2009, 21:24
I'm a little dissapointed. I've just read his interview and it seems he can only take 100% of his car's potentional. No wonder LH destroyed him with his 130%.
:rotflmao:

Kevincal
2nd October 2009, 00:51
You all find it so far fetched that a conspiracy involving Glock being payed off "just incase" he had to slow to let Hamilton by!?!? Look at all of the other crazy scandals that happen in F1 all of the time. There are many others besides me who saw the same thing that last race. Glock was the ONLY driver slowing down so much on that last lap. Other drivers had worn tires just like Glock. Glock put on a good show, attempting to make it look like he couldn't possibly accelerate worth a scat . But it was just way too convenient for my likes. Ham screws up the end of the race, and magically someone in front of him is slipping and sliding around, driving like a drunk Texan in a tornado after happy hour? I don't think so. Ham was gifted that WDC. 2 years in a row Ham had the WDC in the bag and made so many stupid mistakes.

Kevincal
2nd October 2009, 01:06
And we just had the PERFECT example this season of just how sneaky these drivers can be! Piquet had EVERYONE fooled. Not 1 person in the world suspected Piquet's crash was anything more than a natural racing incident. So what makes you all think Glock couldn't have pulled off a little slipping and sliding "Oh woe is me I'm one of the best race car drivers in the world but on the last lap I just can't drive anymore"... RIGHTTT.... BS. Glock got $$$$$ I guarantee you all. Does not McLaren have $ coming out their arse? Yes. Is Glock not German? McLaren MERCEDES. Start adding these things up. It's far from impossible. A LOT is at stake after all. Glock knows he will never be in a top ride in F1, what does he have to lose? His years in F1 are numbered anyway, everyone knows that. He's mediocre at best with a lucky finish last race.

And obviously I know why so many of you at this particulary forum would scoff at the idea of this. YOU ARE BRITISH! ;) Of course you would defend your wonder boy Ham. I understand but please realize, anything.. ANYTHING is possible, especially in the F1 circus.

Oh and Schumi backing Glocks bizarre last lap behaviour. Erm, they're both German? :D Also Schumi doesn't want to be seen as a "crazy conspiracy theorist" so he just goes with the flow of show.

Steve2009
2nd October 2009, 15:24
'Fernando with Ferrari, that's something I like a lot,' Schumacher wrote on his website. 'I was involved from the very beginning in this decision, and I always liked the idea. I am sure Fernando will feel well with us, and I can only say:
Welcome, Fernando!'

Me too Mike. Me too :up: :s mokin:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/10/02/schumacher-welcome-fernando/

Mike is all too aware of the talent!
His involvement is very intereasting.
This can only help to unify team IMHO

ArrowsFA1
2nd October 2009, 15:45
Mike is all too aware of the talent!
His involvement is very intereasting.
I'm not sure that MS's involvement benefitted Kimi in any way; it seemed clear that his main involvement was to be there as a mentor for Massa.

Great champion though he is, MS's is Ferrari's past and Alonso their future.

Steve2009
2nd October 2009, 15:56
I'm not sure that MS's involvement benefitted Kimi in any way; it seemed clear that his main involvement was to be there as a mentor for Massa.

Great champion though he is, MS's is Ferrari's past and Alonso their future.But don't you think that was Kimi's choice?
I think it will be very interesting if Fred realizes the synergism that can be generated by brainstorming with Mike.
I believe Fred will be very utilitarian in this regard, and will embrace Mikes input. :burnout:

ArrowsFA1
2nd October 2009, 16:08
But don't you think that was Kimi's choice?
Very likely. Kimi is very much his own man, and will do things his way. It doesn't seem likely that he sought out MS's advice, and if it was offered I can't imagine Kimi being too receptive.

I think it will be very interesting if Fred realizes the synergism that can be generated by brainstorming with Mike.
I believe Fred will be very utilitarian in this regard, and will embrace Mikes input. :burnout:
Sounds like management consultants not racing drivers :p :

Still, when Kimi joined Ferrari I questioned MS's role in the team, and I still wonder what it is that he does. I can see the benefit for Felipe, who seems to need a supportive environment around him more than most, but Alonso?

Steve2009
2nd October 2009, 16:26

Still, when Kimi joined Ferrari I questioned MS's role in the team, and I still wonder what it is that he does. I can see the benefit for Felipe, who seems to need a supportive environment around him more than most, but Alonso?I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how closely Mike aligns himself with the day to day operation of the F1 activity next year!

ioan
2nd October 2009, 16:36
I doubt that this is a good decision. In my opinion Alonso and Massa will not like each other very much.

Because Kimi and Felipe liked each other a lot?! Did I miss their love affair or somethin'?

ioan
2nd October 2009, 16:38
Still, when Kimi joined Ferrari I questioned MS's role in the team, and I still wonder what it is that he does. I can see the benefit for Felipe, who seems to need a supportive environment around him more than most, but Alonso?

As long as he can help at least one driver if not both than he obviously has a role to fill, so I'm not sure what is the logic of your question when you already have the answer?!

Knock-on
2nd October 2009, 16:54
As long as he can help at least one driver if not both than he obviously has a role to fill, so I'm not sure what is the logic of your question when you already have the answer?!

The thing is, if the former WDC role is to molly-coddle one of their drivers, it would suggest that Massa Baby has what in boxing terms would be classed as a glass jaw.

No amount of keeping cool will protect him next year I'm afraid.

DexDexter
2nd October 2009, 18:30
Very likely. Kimi is very much his own man, and will do things his way. It doesn't seem likely that he sought out MS's advice, and if it was offered I can't imagine Kimi being too receptive.

I don't think a WDC like Kimi is a type of person who takes advice from anyone, especially if that anyone is an old rival. Similarly I find it strange if Alonso starts listening to Schumi, I mean he has achieved the ultimate= WDC, Schumi doesn't necessarily offer him anything valuable. And he is his former rival.

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 05:31
Because Kimi and Felipe liked each other a lot?! Did I miss their love affair or somethin'?

I think Kimi and Felipe were comfortable with each other as teammates, even if they weren't great friends. I don't expect quite the same with Alonso in the picture.

Steve2009
4th October 2009, 05:55
I can see the benefit for Felipe, who seems to need a supportive environment around him more than most, but Alonso?

I think Kimi and Felipe were comfortable with each other as teammates, even if they weren't great friends. I don't expect quite the same with Alonso in the picture.
Q. How things change. Before you had Michael Schumacher as a rival and now you’re going to have him as an advisor.
A. I think it’s great news for me that Michael is close to the team and that I can watch and learn from him. By trophies, he’s the greatest Formula 1 driver and I think he’s a great example for me to continue to grow in my career and carry on improving as a Ferrari driver.
Q. Would it annoy you if they started to compare you with him?
A. I don’t know if that’s going to happen, but it wouldn’t annoy me. If they do compare me, it’ll be because things are going well. I accept everything that comes along,
http://www.fernandoalonso.com/descargas/Entrevista_Alonso_Ferrari_eng.pdf
Read it and weep armchair warriors! Read it and weep. :arrows:
(then you can start hating again) :s mokin:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :s mokin:

ioan
4th October 2009, 13:50
I don't think a WDC like Kimi is a type of person who takes advice from anyone, especially if that anyone is an old rival. Similarly I find it strange if Alonso starts listening to Schumi, I mean he has achieved the ultimate= WDC, Schumi doesn't necessarily offer him anything valuable. And he is his former rival.

One of these guys won 7 titles and a truckload races more than the other 2 together, still they have nothing to learn from him? I would think about it twice.

Steve2009
4th October 2009, 15:14
One of these guys won 7 titles and a truckload races more than the other 2 together, still they have nothing to learn from him? I would think about it twice.Well stated. :up:

Mjfan12
5th October 2009, 03:08
I hated alonso, but now hes with the scuderia, I will support whoever can bring us another title. massa, or alonso I dont care. lets bring the horse back.

Mjfan12
5th October 2009, 03:13
kimi was ok, but he doesnt have the fire. we need a winner, not some guy going through the motions, and lets be real, finns and italians dont mix.

finns are cold and boring personalities, italians are passionate and emotional. i think a team of latins will gel better.

only finn i really liked was makkinen. he seemed like he enjoyed himself.

i thank the ice man for brining the tifosi a title, but that's the best he got. he wont win another.

anyways i thought he was going to rally? he would bring more exposure there which will be good for rally. i wish we could see it in america, but unfortunately no one carries it.

ShiftingGears
5th October 2009, 07:01
i thank the ice man for brining the tifosi a title - he wont win another.

Well, obviously not for Ferrari.

The rest of your post wasn't worth quoting because it was drivel containing bizarre assumptions and overgeneralisations.

Ferrari did a lot better when Todt called most of the shots. Di Montezemolo just wants the team to consist of Italians.

janneppi
5th October 2009, 07:35
Häkkinen or Mäkinen? Just asking. ;)

Dzeidzei
5th October 2009, 08:46
finns are cold and boring personalities, italians are passionate and emotional. i think a team of latins will gel better.

Wow, that´ll get you a lot of Finnish fans. So you like greasy hair?

But generally speaking, I think its great how you know enough people to make that generalization. I dont.

Seriously (and this goes for quite a few people here): you seem to judge Kimi for his public image. Why is it so hard to understand that KR simply finds the pr side of F1 to be boring and full bs. How many of you really think that the pr bs is somehow rewarding and meaningful? Its a must for most of the guys.

ioan
5th October 2009, 09:12
Wow, that´ll get you a lot of Finnish fans. So you like greasy hair?

What about you trying not to post xenophobic insults?!

ShiftingGears
5th October 2009, 09:19
What about you trying not to post xenophobic insults?!

He was being ironic.

henners88
5th October 2009, 09:20
Got to love the irony :p

Dzeidzei
5th October 2009, 09:55
He was being ironic.

Yes, but can he prove it?

Dzeidzei
5th October 2009, 09:56
Yes, but can he prove it?

NOTE: another poor attempt to be ironic.

DexDexter
5th October 2009, 09:59
finns are cold and boring personalities

This is a straight insult which should not be allowed on this board. How many Finns do you know by the way?

henners88
5th October 2009, 10:07
This is a straight insult which should not be allowed on this board. How many Finns do you know by the way?
I shouldn't think he knows many as he lives in America and the're not exactly neighbours.. Just another barbarian generalisation I think... :)

DexDexter
5th October 2009, 10:08
One of these guys won 7 titles and a truckload races more than the other 2 together, still they have nothing to learn from him? I would think about it twice.

It just doesn't work that way. I'm sure Schumi could give them valuable tips but IMO it's a matter of pride and believing that your way of doing things is the right one. If you truly believe you can beat everybody, then you don't need advice from your old rival who, in case of Alonso , you have beaten on the racetrack. I believe Alonso thinks he is better than Schumacher, most of the drives think they are the best.

DexDexter
5th October 2009, 10:21
I shouldn't think he knows many as he lives in America and the're not exactly neighbours.. Just another barbarian generalisation I think... :)

Maybe he is one those "Italians", like that Tazio-fellow. Just so funny.

Steve2009
5th October 2009, 13:50
Di Montezemolo just wants the team to consist of Italians. Than why are their drivers a Brazilian,with a British race engineer. Kimi's replacement a Spaniard, and are pushing hard for a German as a third one :confused:

If you truly believe you can beat everybody, then you don't need advice from your old rival who, in case of Alonso , you have beaten on the racetrack. Soooooooo why did alonso say:
"I think it&#8217][B] I can watch and learn from him. By trophies, he’s the greatest Formula 1 driver and I think he’s a great example for me to continue to grow in my career and carry on improving as a Ferrari driver" :arrows: :s mokin:

rabf1
5th October 2009, 14:49
How long do you think it will be before Ferrari dump Fred in favor of Vettel?

Steve2009
5th October 2009, 14:52
How long do you think it will be before Ferrari dump Fred in favor of Vettel?
That would be some time after they drop Massa for Vettel :rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2009, 14:54
My question related to this:

I don't see how MS mentoring Massa helped Kimi or will help Alonso, or will unify the team particularly.

As for Alonso's comments, he's hardly going to be critical now is he :p A few years ago he described (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54459) MS as "the most unsporting driver in the history of Formula One."

Steve2009
5th October 2009, 15:00
My question related to this:

I don't see how MS mentoring Massa helped Kimi or will help Alonso, or will unify the team particularly.

As for Alonso's comments, he's hardly going to be critical now is he :p A few years ago he described (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54459) MS as "the most unsporting driver in the history of Formula One.""A few years ago" Alonso acted like an idiot on a regular basis.
I think he's matured, and will take him at his word in this affair, thank you :)
BTW Aloso is not the only person associated with F1 that thought Mike was very unsporting
The point is;
added to what FA brings to the table, he has the fringe benefit of Mike's vast storehouse of knowledge! :arrows: :s mokin: :)
and apears to gladly accept it!

ioan
5th October 2009, 15:29
It just doesn't work that way. I'm sure Schumi could give them valuable tips but IMO it's a matter of pride and believing that your way of doing things is the right one. If you truly believe you can beat everybody, then you don't need advice from your old rival who, in case of Alonso , you have beaten on the racetrack. I believe Alonso thinks he is better than Schumacher, most of the drives think they are the best.

My reasoning is that one should put his ego last in line, not first.
That's what Felipe did and the results were there to be seen, while Kimi was losing out because of his belief that he needs no advice.

A big ego is worth nothing in a results driven world like F1.

ioan
5th October 2009, 15:32

I can't help you if you don't want it.
Or maybe I should say: What use to ask a question if you know that you won't like the answer?

pino
5th October 2009, 15:35
Than why are their drivers a Brazilian,with a British race engineer. Kimi's replacement a Spaniard, and are pushing hard for a German as a third one :confused:
Soooooooo why did alonso say:
"I think it’s great news for me that Michael is close to the team and that I can watch and learn from him. By trophies, he’s the greatest Formula 1 driver and I think he’s a great example for me to continue to grow in my career and carry on improving as a Ferrari driver" :arrows: :s mokin:

Please don't use "bold" letters thanks :)

Steve2009
5th October 2009, 15:49
OK :) Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Fb_RnsNFEQU&feature=related

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2009, 16:02
I can't help you if you don't want it.
Or maybe I should say: What use to ask a question if you know that you won't like the answer?
What was the question again? :crazy: :eek: :p

rabf1
5th October 2009, 16:57
"That would be some time after they drop Massa for Vettel"

Vettel would destroy Alonso. No way would Alonso consent to Vettel as a teammate. They are going to have to jettison Alonso.

Steve2009
5th October 2009, 17:14
You sound pretty sure of yourself :rolleyes:
Have you got a crystal ball?
I'm going to most humbly disagree :s mokin:

jimakos
5th October 2009, 17:24
OK :) Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Fb_RnsNFEQU&feature=related

Fantastic video mate!
We have forgotten moments like these nowadays...

F1boat
5th October 2009, 17:34
Vettel would destroy Alonso.

HAHAHAHHAHA! He could barely beat Webber until Mark melted.

ioan
5th October 2009, 17:49
Looks like this thread is going south already! :D

Steve2009
6th October 2009, 08:23
Maybe Ferrari are stronger than people give them credit for, when making decisions. And maybe they'll sign who they like and Fred will have to fall into line. :)
There is a lot of truth in this statement. What has changed is;
When they left Brawn, and Todt with a free hand they really excelled.
Now that $hitbird LdM thinks he can run the team.
And he's been running them into the ground!
That is why I hope Mike starts to take on some real authority!

DexDexter
6th October 2009, 08:44
Driver X will destroy driver Y. Full stop. That's the stupidest argument one can make. :hmph:

DexDexter
6th October 2009, 09:07
kimi was ok, but he doesnt have the fire. we need a winner, not some guy going through the motions, and lets be real, finns and italians dont mix.

i thank the ice man for brining the tifosi a title, but that's the best he got. he wont win another.

anyways i thought he was going to rally? he would bring more exposure there which will be good for rally. i wish we could see it in america, but unfortunately no one carries it.

Sorry, offtopic but another cold Finn here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZcKk4RaA0

ioan
6th October 2009, 09:19
Driver X will destroy driver Y. Full stop. That's the stupidest argument one can make. :hmph:

:up:

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 12:51
finns are cold and boring personalities, Rather cold, than looking like a moron talking with your hands all the time.

italians are passionate and emotional.
Yeah, let them watch Rocky for a moment and they will go crazy and think they can kick anyones ass.

My reasoning is that one should put his ego last in line, not first.
That's what Felipe did and the results were there to be seen, while Kimi was losing out because of his belief that he needs no advice.

A big ego is worth nothing in a results driven world like F1.

The reality is that I doubt there is anything Schumacher can advise Alonso, or Kimi for that matter, on. Driving lines? Nope, nothing. We are not talking about rookie drivers in F3, we are talking about world championship winning drivers in F1.

Massa obviously needed his emotional support, but Alonso and Kimi in that regard are "tougher" characters and dont need it. There is nothing else Schumacher can do for them.

Felipes results had little to do with Schumacher

Dave B
6th October 2009, 12:55
Rather cold, than looking like a moron talking with your hands all the time.

Yeah, let them [Italians] watch Rocky for a moment and they will go crazy and think they can kick anyones ass.

Your xenophobic comments are starting to shed light on why said you would vote BNP in Chit Chat. :dozey:

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 13:01
Your xenophobic comments are starting to shed light on why said you would vote BNP in Chit Chat. :dozey:

Funny how you seem to have no problem with him saying finns (I am not finnish btw) are boring and cold personalities.
Up yours, hypocrite.

What was xenophobic about my comments?

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 13:04
I don't see this as xenophobic or racist but merely childish and uncalled for ones that don't really belong on a polite forum of Motoracing fans. Can we get back to racing and forget race and pathetic name calling?

BeansBeansBeans
6th October 2009, 13:08
Nationality is a mere illusion. We are all human. We are all one.

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 13:08
I don't see this as xenophobic or racist but merely childish and uncalled for ones that don't really belong on a polite forum of Motoracing fans. Can we get back to racing and forget race and pathetic name calling?

Judging by the fact that mjfan12s post regarding finns has been allowed to stand and a moderator has even posted in this thread, such comments seem to be acceptable.

ShiftingGears
6th October 2009, 13:15
Yeah, let them watch Rocky for a moment and they will go crazy and think they can kick anyones ass.

Yes, and I am Crocodile Dundee.

truefan72
6th October 2009, 13:35

david that's a line form Eddie Murphy's stand up routine.
Direct your anger towards the true xenophob in the discussion
It was a response tot he outlandish comments by mjfan12
did you not see his comments?

Dave B
6th October 2009, 13:38
Funny how you seem to have no problem with him saying finns (I am not finnish btw) are boring and cold personalities.

It was a response tot he outlandish comments by mjfan12
did you not see his comments?
I freely admit I missed the original comments, however two wrongs and all that.

Up yours, hypocrite.

Duly reported :rolleyes:

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 13:50
I freely admit I missed the original comments, however two wrongs and all that.
After my comment you thought it was appropriate to call me a xenophobe. Two wrongs and all that, huh. How about that?

Duly reported :rolleyes:

I should report you for calling me a xenophobe as well.

henners88
6th October 2009, 13:59
I should report you for calling me a xenophobe as well.
We could just get this thread back on topic.. I wasn't a fan of school and this is the closest thing I have got to it in many years :rolleyes:

BeansBeansBeans
6th October 2009, 14:10
I'll report both of you. And on top of that I'll get my big brother to beat you up.

ioan
6th October 2009, 14:16
The reality is that I doubt there is anything Schumacher can advise Alonso, or Kimi for that matter, on. Driving lines? Nope, nothing. We are not talking about rookie drivers in F3, we are talking about world championship winning drivers in F1.

Massa obviously needed his emotional support, but Alonso and Kimi in that regard are "tougher" characters and dont need it. There is nothing else Schumacher can do for them.

Felipes results had little to do with Schumacher

There's always something to learn, especially from someone who did better. Only people who are too full of themselves believe they know everything, and they usually fail to reach above their level because of this attitude.

DexDexter
6th October 2009, 15:22
There's always something to learn, especially from someone who did better. Only people who are too full of themselves believe they know everything, and they usually fail to reach above their level because of this attitude.

When Häkkinen outqualified Senna in his first race for Mclaren at Estoril 93, Ayrton came to Mika (after checking the telemetry) and asked him how he could drive a certain corner so quickly. So...everybody's got something to learn, that's for sure.

pino
6th October 2009, 15:28
Let's keep this on topic thank you :)

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 17:40

But what could Schumacher teach Kimi or Alonso? How to drive faster? No, thats impossible. Without having tested the current cars, his opinion would be quite irrelevant. Fitness wise? For that they have pros and doctors who know far more than any driver ever would.

You can learn from others, but in F1 your knowledge of it gets outdated very quickly, especially with so many changes that have happened in F1

Steve2009
6th October 2009, 17:44
So Ferrari have picked up a new engine man. What's the scoop on this?

The 48 year-old has spent the last 10 seasons working for Toyota Motorsport.
The Italian will replace Gilles Simon, who has been head of Ferrari’s engine department since 2006
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/10/10062.html

DiegoMartinez
6th October 2009, 18:54
"Meanwhile Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Alonso has already been working with the engineers at Ferrari on cockpit dimensions for next year’s car and has requested some of his favourite engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault be hired by the team, much as Michael Schumacher brought with him his favourites from Benetton when he joined Ferrari in 1996/97"

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/09/driver-moves-to-start-in-wake-of-alonso-announcement-this-week/

I think this is the best way Schumacher and Alonso found to be excellent on their job.

There's nothing so good as to work with people you like to work.

Congratulations to Ferrari and Fernando Alonso :)

pino
6th October 2009, 19:20
I think this is the best way Schumacher and Alonso found to be excellent on their job.

There's nothing so good as to work with people you like to work.

Congratulations to Ferrari and Fernando Alonso :)

Welcome to the forum :wave:

DiegoMartinez
6th October 2009, 22:39
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks!!

I hope to be a good member to this forum ;)

plz. forgive me if I make some grammar mistakes... I'm still learning English.

Ranger
7th October 2009, 02:18
So Ferrari have picked up a new engine man. What's the scoop on this?

More evidence that LdM wants Italians filling major positions in the team.

Steve2009
7th October 2009, 03:57
More evidence that LdM wants Italians filling major positions in the team.So, that's all there is to it?

pino
7th October 2009, 05:30

Same here :p : :s

ShiftingGears
7th October 2009, 06:15
So, that's all there is to it?

I'm sure nationality was a big part of that decision making process. Now that Todt is not there, Di Montezemolo is hiring a lot more Italians for the top jobs.

Roamy
7th October 2009, 06:40
Thanks!!

I hope to be a good member to this forum ;)

welcome and I appreciate your trying english - make all the mistakes you want and we are here to help. But most of the time we will understand what you are saying.

Steve2009
7th October 2009, 12:18
Personally I think we should just give the WDC to Button and start the 2010 ASAP... November preferably ;)
All in due time my man. All in due time :)
It won't be long untill this season is over and we start seeing Leaked pics. of 2010 chalengers
Myself, I hope it goes down to the last race.
I want to see some Button fans sweating bullets ;) :s mokin:

DexDexter
7th October 2009, 12:37
Same here :p : :s

Everybody's learning, including the English. :up:

ioan
7th October 2009, 14:40
More evidence that LdM wants Italians filling major positions in the team.

Sad but true.
Given the job he did with the Toyota engine, the poorest on the grid by all accounts, I wouldn't have let him anywhere close to the Simon developed Ferrari power house.

Nationality looks to be the only viable explanation for hiring someone who failed with another team.

I'm not happy with this move. :\

airshifter
8th October 2009, 01:19
Myself, I hope it goes down to the last race.
I want to see some Button fans sweating bullets ;) :s mokin:

I always like when it goes to the last race, regardless of whether one of my favorite drivers win. It makes the end of the season worth watching.

Last corner of the last race is just fine with me. :)

azri
10th October 2009, 04:20
Personally I think we should just give the WDC to Button and start the 2010 ASAP... November preferably ;)

good idea mate! :D

Steve2009
10th October 2009, 04:48
Personally I think we should just give the WDC to Button ;)

good idea mate!
Your children, give him your children. ;)
How much for your women! :laugh:

Steve2009
10th October 2009, 06:58
good idea mate! :D
:s mokin: