Valve Bounce
29th September 2009, 06:12
ok lets hear it.

I say send him over and give him to Bubba

He drugged and raped a 13 yrs old
Paid her off
Now do we want to accept this corruption or make a stand
what say you

I can't believe he was that stupid to go to Switzerland to accept a trumped up life recognition award. He was set up, that's for sure.

As for his statutory rape, since his victim now wants the case dropped, if she doesn't/declines to give evidence, the whole case will fall apart.

And if he is found guilty, maybe the judge will give him a suspended sentence, although where they will suspend him from is a moot point. :D

Roamy
29th September 2009, 06:36
in this country failure to press charges does not dismiss the crime. You did or didn't commit it. Now without testimony you may not be able to prove it and I don't know the details of the case but I suspect statement were made before being paid off.

jim mcglinchey
29th September 2009, 11:23
..extraordinarily render his ass, I say, sure he hasn't done a good film since Chinatown...

anthonyvop
29th September 2009, 13:12
As for his statutory rape, since his victim now wants the case dropped, if she doesn't/declines to give evidence, the whole case will fall apart.

And if he is found guilty, maybe the judge will give him a suspended sentence, although where they will suspend him from is a moot point. :D

No If's here.

He was found guilty. He skipped before sentencing.

Roamy
29th September 2009, 23:19
This world is totally sick. This puke takes a 13 year old kid does her anally and now the world doesn't think that is so bad. So I send your 13 yr old daughter walking home like she just got out of a bull riding festival and you want to make my a movie producer. How many people do you think will sign up for this job. Plus no one should complain about the Isalms and what they do to young girls. This is a world disgrace. We need to divide Hollywood.

"He pled guilty to having sex with a minor and he went to jail, and when they let him out (on bail, pending sentencing), he said, 'You know what, this guy's going to give me 100 years in jail. I'm not staying.' And that's why he left.

"So that's why I wanted to be really clear," Goldberg said, "cause I want to know exactly what I'm talking about."

Here's exactly what Whoopi is talking about: In March 1977, the 44-year-old Polanski fed a 13-year-old girl champagne and a sedative, forced himself on her and anally raped her, according to the girl's grand jury testimony. He was convicted of a lesser charge — statutory rape — because he agreed to plead guilty.

Eki
30th September 2009, 06:18
This world is totally sick. This puke takes a 13 year old kid does her anally and now the world doesn't think that is so bad. So I send your 13 yr old daughter walking home like she just got out of a bull riding festival and you want to make my a movie producer. How many people do you think will sign up for this job. Plus no one should complain about the Isalms and what they do to young girls. This is a world disgrace. We need to divide Hollywood.

"He pled guilty to having sex with a minor and he went to jail, and when they let him out (on bail, pending sentencing), he said, 'You know what, this guy's going to give me 100 years in jail. I'm not staying.' And that's why he left.

"So that's why I wanted to be really clear," Goldberg said, "cause I want to know exactly what I'm talking about."

Here's exactly what Whoopi is talking about: In March 1977, the 44-year-old Polanski fed a 13-year-old girl champagne and a sedative, forced himself on her and anally raped her, according to the girl's grand jury testimony. He was convicted of a lesser charge — statutory rape — because he agreed to plead guilty.
The victim herself has said "forget it, drop the charges", but it's not good enough for you. You scream revenge as he had anally raped you personally.

Roamy
30th September 2009, 07:02
The victim herself has said "forget it, drop the charges", but it's not good enough for you. You scream revenge as he had anally raped you personally.

he paid her off you packer now get back up to the sauna before the snow flies.
And it would take a lot more than this little twit producer to pierce this spincter!!

Eki
30th September 2009, 07:38
he paid her off
That's settled then. It wouldn't be the first legal case to be settled by money. I wonder if he'll get his money back if he gets sentenced.

Rudy Tamasz
30th September 2009, 07:50
That's settled then. It wouldn't be the first legal case to be settled by money. I wonder if he'll get his money back if he gets sentenced.

Eki, are you sure you know the American laws well enough? Can you safely say that this case can be settled for money?

In many countries such crimes are persecuted even if the victim would not complain. Then it is the case of "the state of ... vs. rapist".

My personal opinion is that if you do the crime you gotta do the time. The only way out for Polanski is beg for mecry and be pardonned. There is no way he can be exonerated.

Eki
30th September 2009, 10:16
Eki, are you sure you know the American laws well enough? Can you safely say that this case can be settled for money?

In many countries such crimes are persecuted even if the victim would not complain. Then it is the case of "the state of ... vs. rapist".

True, but at least in Finland crimes go old except murder. Even manslaughter goes old after twenty years. And they have haunted this man for over 30 years.

I checked the Finnish law and it says that if the maximum sentence is over 8 years in prison, the crime goes old after 20 years. If the maximum sentence is between 2 to 8 years, the crime goes old after 10 years. If the maximum sentence is between 1 to 2 years, the crime goes old after 5 years, and if the maximum sentence is less than a year, the crime goes old in 2 years. When the maximum sentence is life in prison, like in premeditated murder, the crime never goes old.

The maximum sentence for raping a child is in Finland 13 years, so Polanski's crime would have gone old after 20 years.

Eki
30th September 2009, 10:19
This world is totally sick. This puke takes a 13 year old kid does her anally and now the world doesn't think that is so bad. So I send your 13 yr old daughter walking home like she just got out of a bull riding festival and you want to make my a movie producer.
Would you let your 13 year old daughter party with Polanski and Jack Nicholson without parental supervision?

Rudy Tamasz
30th September 2009, 12:50
Probably you are happy people in Finland and crime isn't much of a problem because what you quoted looks way too soft on criminals.

anthonyvop
30th September 2009, 12:58
True, but at least in Finland crimes go old except murder. Even manslaughter goes old after twenty years. And they have haunted this man for over 30 years.

I checked the Finnish law and it says that if the maximum sentence is over 8 years in prison, the crime goes old after 20 years. If the maximum sentence is between 2 to 8 years, the crime goes old after 10 years. If the maximum sentence is between 1 to 2 years, the crime goes old after 5 years, and if the maximum sentence is less than a year, the crime goes old in 2 years. When the maximum sentence is life in prison, like in premeditated murder, the crime never goes old.

The maximum sentence for raping a child is in Finland 13 years, so Polanski's crime would have gone old after 20 years.

Eki your ignorance is refreashing. It is an excuse for your ridiculous reasoning.

The Statute of Limitations only applies to an arrest.
Polanski was tried and CONVICTED of DRUGGING AND RAPING A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL.

He skipped out before sentencing. There is no statute of limitations on that.
He never was punished for DRUGGING AND RAPING A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL.

Years later the victim settled out of court with Polanski in the civil lawsuit. That has no bearing at all with the criminal case.

Eki
30th September 2009, 13:12
The Statute of Limitations only applies to an arrest.

He's now arrested in Switzerland, isn't he?

veeten
30th September 2009, 13:17
... unless you're Jerry Lee Lewis, then you can marry her and everything's okay. :p :

anthonyvop
30th September 2009, 15:51
He's now arrested in Switzerland, isn't he?
So?

He was arrested in Switzerland on an outstanding warrant for illegal flight. he is basically an escaped criminal,

If a criminal escapes a prison in Finland do they just let them go?

Polanski is a CONVICTED CHILD RAPIST who never served his punishment.

Roamy
30th September 2009, 16:26
Child rapist don't do real well in american prisons. Maybe Strisand and Gere will stop by and give some up so they won't go so hard on Roman :)

A.F.F.
30th September 2009, 20:23
Child rapists are the bottom of the foodchain in ANY prison.

BeansBeansBeans
30th September 2009, 23:36
I agree with Fousto and Vop really. Polanski is guilty of a heinous crime and needs shipping back to the US to serve his punishment.

Roamy
1st October 2009, 07:01
and then the resident baffoonist debra tate said Oh he is ok let me go. It was consensual. The reaction from the film industry is appalling

thanks Beans

Rudy Tamasz
1st October 2009, 07:30
Child rapist don't do real well in american prisons. Maybe Strisand and Gere will stop by and give some up so they won't go so hard on Roman :)

I think at his age and physical condition he hasn't got much to be afraid of. He'll be having hard time away from his posh life, though.

Dave B
1st October 2009, 10:31
I agree with Fousto and Vop really. Polanski is guilty of a heinous crime and needs shipping back to the US to serve his punishment.
Hard to disagree. Whatever his achievements may have been since then, he still committed a crime and should face fair and proper punishment

Wasted Talent
1st October 2009, 14:22
ok lets hear it.

I say send him over and give him to Bubba

He drugged and raped a 13 yrs old
Paid her off
Now do we want to accept this corruption or make a stand
what say you

Agree 100% - what would those who are backing hem be saying if it were their 13-year old daughter- to be honest they disgust me more than him.........

WT

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 06:05
It is amazing me how Hollywood is trying to rationalize what he has done and they are all upset he might actually have to come back and serve time. Debra Winger was heard trying to make it sound like it was no big deal. I guess rape only is an issue if it is some drunken loogan who votes Republican taking some woman in a drunken rage to those in Hollywood.

Polanski flew the coop, he owes Uncle Sam some time in Jail. He was dumb enough to go to a country that would extradite him, and I find it typical of the French they let this jerk roam their country at will for 30 years.

As for you Eki, once again, you go out of your way to defend a slimeball.

Eki
3rd October 2009, 08:38
As for you Eki, once again, you go out of your way to defend a slimeball.
Maybe I should be a defense lawyer.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 15:57
Eki, even Polanski's defense lawyer way back 30 years ago had him plead guilty because the DA had the goods on him AND he would get a lesser sentence. Roman plead, and then flew the coop. A coward........so you as a defense lawyer in this case would have been made to look the fool.

Roamy
3rd October 2009, 16:06
Maybe I should be a defense lawyer.

you could even include "ambulance chaser" that is another nice move by lawyers.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 19:47
Eki would volunteer to represent people like Saddam Hussein. Hustling accident victims to represent them in court would be too gauche Fousto.

Camelopard
3rd October 2009, 21:35
Eki, even Polanski's defense lawyer way back 30 years ago had him plead guilty because the DA had the goods on him AND he would get a lesser sentence. Roman plead, and then flew the coop. A coward........so you as a defense lawyer in this case would have been made to look the fool.

At least he appeared in court unlike this coward:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/index.htm (http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/index.htm)

In 1985, Posada escaped from prison in Venezuela where he had been incarcerated after the plane bombing and remains a fugitive from justice. He went directly to El Salvador, where he worked, using the alias "Ramon Medina," on the illegal contra resupply program being run by Lt. Col. Oliver North in the Reagan National Security Council. In 1998 he was interviewed by Ann Louise Bardach for the New York Times at a secret location in Aruba, and claimed responsibility for a string of hotel bombings in Havana during which eleven people were injured and one Italian businessman was killed.

ShiftingGears
9th October 2009, 09:56
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ifFACNiw-99L6-aryygW8B9hrKJwD9B733F00

Jesus Christ - some people, I have no idea how they retain their jobs. The French PM should sack him immediately.

Eki
9th October 2009, 10:20
you could even include "ambulance chaser" that is another nice move by lawyers.
Maybe I could make the alleged victim to pay compensation to Polanski.

emporer_k
9th October 2009, 17:53
Seeing as he pled guilty but fled before being sentenced then surley their is nothing to debate about deporting him to recieve and serve his sentence.

Eki
9th October 2009, 19:40
Seeing as he pled guilty but fled before being sentenced

He's one of them illegal emigrants.

AAReagles
14th October 2009, 22:55
.. he hasn't done a good film since Chinatown...Reason enough to throw him into the slammer. :D

All kidding aside, he's got to do the time.

Mark in Oshawa
14th October 2009, 23:12
Maybe I could make the alleged victim to pay compensation to Polanski.

She wasn't alleged, both she and Roman have told the world what happened. She by the way doesn't feel the need to see him punished now as an adult, but he paid her a lot of money years ago to pay for her shrink and to quit being a pain in his side. The law however says he owes the State of California some jail time, and the Swiss agreed. What is more, he was found GUILTY through his confession. He has not paid the price to the state of California and he will now. There is no alleged, and the victim of the crime and her feelings were quite different during the trial. What she says now as an adult is moot.....