PDA

View Full Version : Evil curse on Driver's Championship?

Hondo
28th September 2009, 00:20
I can't help but wonder if some sort of evil mojo voo doo is to strike the 2009 champion. A $100 million fine? Triple super license fees? A dream date with Bernie?

Button started off just a rompin and a stompin for the title but then came to a mysterious halt and started trying to give the title away. He had a few takers at first but now they don't seem to want it either. Even Coulthard isn't claiming it to be his year. What gives?

Is Max going to have to appoint a Champion?

race_director
28th September 2009, 00:32
I can't help but wonder if some sort of evil mojo voo doo is to strike the 2009 champion. A $100 million fine? Triple super license fees? A dream date with Bernie?

Button started off just a rompin and a stompin for the title but then came to a mysterious halt and started trying to give the title away. He had a few takers at first but now they don't seem to want it either. Even Coulthard isn't claiming it to be his year. What gives?

bro from my heart i want ruben's or vettel to win . they are real racers. jenson is good but for me atleast i feel he is another hammi boy. he can win only if the car is best. he has no talent . no suchmi, senna skills pushing to the limit.

but would be happy if he wins the WDC. but praying that a miracle happens and rubens wins its , he deserve's it i guess

Saint Devote
28th September 2009, 01:02

I disagree entirely with this way of analyzing the situation. If you look back to Monte Carlo then Jenson is ahead of Rubens and Vettel, the same point gap to the same drivers in 2nd and 3rd after Monza. After Singapore Jenson has effectively eliminated everyone except his teammate.

Looking back to last year's title battle, Hamilton went through a similar period of races where he scored 23 versus Button's 26 points - and then he started winning again - well even if Jenson does not win again he will have won the most races this year and has won more than Lewis did at this point in 2008.

Instead of complimenting Jenson for defending a lead that has not declined below 14 points at its narrowest, won the most grands prix, taken full advantage and not putting a wheel wrong when he could, and managing to have eliminated all other drivers really other than his teammate - and everyone knew that the advantage the Brawn team had would be eliminated, this is f1 after all - what is commented?

That Jenson is trying to "give" the title away and Coulthard is reluctant to say that this looks like Jenson's year!

If winning the most races and a lead of 15 and 25 points over the nearest challengers does NOT look like a driver's year with 3 grands prix to go, then what would??

Saint Devote
28th September 2009, 01:13
bro from my heart i want ruben's or vettel to win . they are real racers. jenson is good but for me atleast i feel he is another hammi boy. he can win only if the car is best. he has no talent . no suchmi, senna skills pushing to the limit.

but would be happy if he wins the WDC. but praying that a miracle happens and rubens wins its , he deserve's it i guess

I am not a Hamilton supporter, but your statement that he is not a racer is quite one of the most incredible statements I have ever read.

F1boat
28th September 2009, 07:29
I am not a Hamilton supporter, but your statement that he is not a racer is quite one of the most incredible statements I have ever read.

I agree. Hamilton and Raikkonen are the most "racy" drivers in F1.

UltimateDanGTR
28th September 2009, 16:42

and i suppose rubens is far better, yet has 15 less points than button at this stage?

and I assume that his no talent is reflected in the fact that he is leading the WDC?

and i suppose that you dont like hamilton because up until this year you'd never seen him in a bad car, and then when he got a bad car it was a dog, so he got rubbish results. and with an ok car, he had some good performances, ie valencia, hungary, and 52 laps of monza. and when he has a great car, he is one of the best. and may i remind you that all cars this year are suited to different tracks, and have their strengths and weaknesses, so results are gonna constantly be very mixed from race to race.

Now, button isnt the best IMO, but he a good racer and with a good car has blown people away at points. Hamilton is a proper out and out racer, like raikkonen is.

and no, button is no schumi or senna, but who is?

i find your comments flimsily supported and quite frankly obsured. care to explain?

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 17:24

Damn you sir, damn you!! You've made me publically agree with Saint Devote but your post was just so far fetched and ungraounded in reality that I had to post.

You can say Rubens deserves it more than Jenson if you want (Although, when I went to School, it was normally the one that crossed the line first who won and not the one you felt sorry for. You gave him a Lollypop which he sucked in the corner away from the others) but to say Hamilton isn't a racer and doesn't push is just about the most absurd thing I have ever read on here.

I really am gobsmacked???

Sonic
28th September 2009, 19:52
Race director and Ioan - never in the same room at the same time. Just saying is all ;)

Anyway I kind of agree with both sides here. In a "regular" season with Ferrari or McLaren up the front Button's apparent wish to throw his title away would be granted.

He is clearly super quick but only when everything is perfect. Give him a super car and he is super himself but when anything is just slightly off he's nowhere.

That said compared to this years field, Button has done more than any other - hence a near unasailable lead.

If Nico ends up in a Brawn next year I will be fascinated to see the dynamic developing and if it will make Jenson step up or shuffle of into retirement.

Saint Devote
29th September 2009, 03:39
and i suppose rubens is far better, yet has 15 less points than button at this stage?

and I assume that his no talent is reflected in the fact that he is leading the WDC?

and i suppose that you dont like hamilton because up until this year you'd never seen him in a bad car, and then when he got a bad car it was a dog, so he got rubbish results. and with an ok car, he had some good performances, ie valencia, hungary, and 52 laps of monza. and when he has a great car, he is one of the best. and may i remind you that all cars this year are suited to different tracks, and have their strengths and weaknesses, so results are gonna constantly be very mixed from race to race.

Now, button isnt the best IMO, but he a good racer and with a good car has blown people away at points. Hamilton is a proper out and out racer, like raikkonen is.

and no, button is no schumi or senna, but who is?

i find your comments flimsily supported and quite frankly obsured. care to explain?

Jenson's performance at Monte Carlo for example - so very sublime - as well as his other races during the first half of the season leading to a championship lead maintained at a gap that is not usual in recent years, - Schumacher and Senna could not have done better.

And should he win the championship he would accomplish the same as those two drivers - becoming a world champion. That is equal :D

Roamy
29th September 2009, 05:51
Complex

I think Button is extremely fast in a set up car
I think he lacks the ability to "hustle" a car not to his liking
He has won the most races he deserves to be champion.
Stewart and Prost were two consertive drivers that won championships
I think he will cruise home and more power to him. He drove the car smart and to his ability in many cases that = CHAMPION

F1boat
29th September 2009, 08:39
I hope that you are right, uncle!

Roamy
29th September 2009, 08:48
thanks boat
I think jens will be quite fast at suz!

F1boat
29th September 2009, 09:48
I have a good feeling about it, but we will see. As far as I know, if Jenson scores 5 pts more than Rubens, its over?

Sonic
29th September 2009, 11:20
Indeed. With two races to go after Suzuka if Jenson beats Rubens by 5 or more points its over.

UltimateDanGTR
29th September 2009, 16:28
Jenson's performance at Monte Carlo for example - so very sublime - as well as his other races during the first half of the season leading to a championship lead maintained at a gap that is not usual in recent years, - Schumacher and Senna could not have done better.

And should he win the championship he would accomplish the same as those two drivers - becoming a world champion. That is equal :D

i think the difference is between schumi/ayrton and jenson is that schumi/aytron were more consistent in their brilliance, whereas jenson on his day is just as good, just not as regularly.

and to be fair, schumi and ayrton could be the best without the best car, and IMO Button less so can do that.

thats not slating button, good driver, but personally i think comparing him to schumi and senna is a bit too over the top.

Knock-on
29th September 2009, 16:34
i think the difference is between schumi/ayrton and jenson is that schumi/aytron were more consistent in their brilliance, whereas jenson on his day is just as good, just not as regularly.

and to be fair, schumi and ayrton could be the best without the best car, and IMO Button less so can do that.

thats not slating button, good driver, but personally i think comparing him to schumi and senna is a bit too over the top.

Quite agree.

Jenson has a particular style that he struggles to drive around if the car isn't suited whereas Senna and Schumy (Lewis as well) were experts at compensating for.

I'm a Jenson fan and have been since before he started at Williams but to claim he is the next Messiah is a little foolish IMHO and underminds his accomplishments as a driver.

JB is the next JB and hopefully WDC 2009. That is enough without the silly fanatical fanboy adoration. Sorry, but I find all that quite distastefull.

harsha
29th September 2009, 16:45
Damn you sir, damn you!! You've made me publically agree with Saint Devote but your post was just so far fetched and ungraounded in reality that I had to post.

You can say Rubens deserves it more than Jenson if you want (Although, when I went to School, it was normally the one that crossed the line first who won and not the one you felt sorry for. You gave him a Lollypop which he sucked in the corner away from the others) but to say Hamilton isn't a racer and doesn't push is just about the most absurd thing I have ever read on here.

I really am gobsmacked???

:laugh:

:up:

I am evil Homer
29th September 2009, 16:55
Wow has Race Director even been watching F1this season?

Knock-on
29th September 2009, 17:01
Wow has Race Director even been watching F1this season?

Should've gone to SpecSavers :D

UltimateDanGTR
29th September 2009, 19:45
Should've gone to SpecSavers :D

:D nice one.

Im sure race director has his reasoning for what appears to us as 'obsured' opinions, and id quite like to know what these reasons are......