PDA

View Full Version : best comment from a f1 driver in a long time

race_director
27th September 2009, 23:30
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17609&Itemid=219

The best comment i read for a long time in F1. i have become quick Nic fan

Countryman Heidfeld was scathing when he spoke initially with reporters, calling the move "stupid", and when asked what the FIA's response should be, suggested that the governing body should supply Sutil with a brain.

a thing to laugh at last in f1

Shifter
28th September 2009, 07:54
Always the pragmatist, Heidfeld is the only F1 driver in recent memory to admit that weeing oneself during the course of the race is sometimes necessitated due to hydration requirements and the length of the events.

I am evil Homer
28th September 2009, 08:53
Always liked Nick - this merely confirms it :D

race_director
28th September 2009, 09:34
i guess kimi is also same level as NIC. but kimi hardly speaks . it takes around 2 bottles of vodka for kimi to speak :)

Valve Bounce
28th September 2009, 10:18
Coulthards interview about Felipe in Oz 2008 takes some beating when Felipe took him out in turn one. When asked on ITV what he thought about Felipe's move, he said:
"I'll speak to Felipe after the race and he'll apologise. If he doesn't then I'll punch three shades of sh!t out of the little b**tard"...

Louise Goodman: "Thanks David"...

We haven't had raw emotion like that for a while... Hilarious :laugh:

:up:

UltimateDanGTR
28th September 2009, 16:33
Always the pragmatist, Heidfeld is the only F1 driver in recent memory to admit that weeing oneself during the course of the race is sometimes necessitated due to hydration requirements and the length of the events.

interesting yet disgusting, although ive always wondered about that aspect of F1 racing.....

another quality comment from nick, and more witty than davids outburst IMO

funny blokes the pair of them though, great characters.

BeansBeansBeans
28th September 2009, 16:46
I don't see what the fuss about. Like the Coulthard incident, it's just one bloke insulting another bloke in a not-particularly-witty way.

MrJan
28th September 2009, 17:03
I don't see what the fuss about. Like the Coulthard incident, it's just one bloke insulting another bloke in a not-particularly-witty way.

:up: Hardly the wittiest remark, far too close to basic playground insults for my liking. Nick may as well have answered: "They should ask him why his Momma's so fat"

SGWilko
28th September 2009, 18:10
"They should ask him why his Momma's so fat"

Indeed - apparently her belt size is equator....

Dzeidzei
28th September 2009, 19:05

Maybe, but its a GERMAN trying a JOKE on another German. Nick certainly deserves points for the enormous effort :)

MrJan
28th September 2009, 21:11
Indeed - apparently her belt size is equator....

Indeed, I've heard that Sutil's Mum has the blood type Ragu.

She's so fat that she works at the local cinema as the screen.

Oh and for the sake of staying on topic I think that it was just a stupid, heat of the moment comment by Heidfeld, the sort that Hamilton and Massa would be crucified for by Ferrari and McLaren fans respectively.

donKey jote
28th September 2009, 21:28
i guess kimi is also same level as NIC. but kimi hardly speaks . it takes around 2 bottles of vodka for kimi to speak :)

and 4 for him to "wee himself" :erm: :dozey:

pettersolberg29
28th September 2009, 22:04
There is some odd charm about Nick I think - I've always supported him and this just strengthens it!!

Nate_ST
29th September 2009, 00:58
I don't know if anyone else caught this. In the Hungarian GP this year in qualifying there was a great exchange between Alonso and Button afterwards. Right as Q3 was ending all of timing and scoring went down. The only way driver times were recorded was form the telemetry in the cars. So when Q3 ended all the drivers are getting out of the cars and exchanging times. Button walks over to Alonso and gives him his lap time. And keep in mind I saw this live on SPEED here in America. When Alonso gives his time to Button, which of course was the fastest time, Button laughed and said "F@#$ing ay!" And then I hear to of SPEED's race commentators laughing in the background while Bob Varsha proceeds to apologize for the language while laughing himself. I thought the whole exchange was priceless.

Shifter
29th September 2009, 03:37
That was a good one for sure.

Saint Devote
29th September 2009, 11:41
Jenson's joke during the interview when he spoke about going into LESBO 1 at Monza and then could'nt help himself from laughing :-]

Knock-on
29th September 2009, 11:56
I don't know if anyone else caught this. In the Hungarian GP this year in qualifying there was a great exchange between Alonso and Button afterwards. Right as Q3 was ending all of timing and scoring went down. The only way driver times were recorded was form the telemetry in the cars. So when Q3 ended all the drivers are getting out of the cars and exchanging times. Button walks over to Alonso and gives him his lap time. And keep in mind I saw this live on SPEED here in America. When Alonso gives his time to Button, which of course was the fastest time, Button laughed and said "F@#$ing ay!" And then I hear to of SPEED's race commentators laughing in the background while Bob Varsha proceeds to apologize for the language while laughing himself. I thought the whole exchange was priceless.

Saw that live in the UK as well. Nice to see actually when all we hear is that drivers are supposed to be at each others throats.

BeansBeansBeans
29th September 2009, 12:46
I think it was the same qualifying session when Alonso walked up to Hamilton and they grabbed each others hands like mates and discussed lap times.. Somehow this media spun hatred just didn't seem apparent.. :)

It was the same in Singapore. After the race Alonso drew alongside and they gave each other a hearty thumbs up. I've no doubt that things became a little tense during their time at McLaren but it's obviously not a long term feud.

SGWilko
29th September 2009, 15:12
It was the same in Singapore. After the race Alonso drew alongside and they gave each other a hearty thumbs up. I've no doubt that things became a little tense during their time at McLaren but it's obviously not a long term feud.

Healthy respect for each other methinks. It's nice to see.

The same with Button & Barrichello, Hammy & Kovy.

When you think back to the heated exchange between Teflonso & Massa a couple of years ago, it's just heat of the moment stuff.

I think Massa is one of most liked in the paddock.

Nate_ST
29th September 2009, 17:14
Id say Massa and Barrichello are probably the two friendliest drivers in F1. The only driver I don't see making friends very often is Kimi. Not that he's a bad guy, just that he doesn't talk very much.