PDA

View Full Version : May I ask you a question?

mstillhere
27th September 2009, 19:45
I don't want to spoil your party and your usual discussions about who was best or worse. Who was this or who was that. But.....where do you find your faith and trust in F1 when you see times and times againg that many things you thought were authentic and true turned out to be all fake and untrue???

Why don't you feel offended and lied to and you don't actually show a reaction to it. How would you know that what you saw today, two weeks ago and what you are about to see in one week is actually worth the time and the countless hours you actually spend in watching F1 and then in the debates in this forum??? Its a SCAM!!!!!!!! Don't you get it??????

Only yesterday some guy was talking about how Ecclestone is a lunatic. First saying that Hitler got things done and then saying, after getting Flavio out of the circus, that he actually should file for an appeal. This is crazy talk. It offends my intelligence!!!!

Are you actually sure that your brains are processing all this information correctly?????? Because if they are, you are supposed to be seriously concerned about your well being. Would you actually chose to have a friend or chose to hang out with someone who has all these negative characteristics?? Let me answer for you: NO!!!!!

I know, you are saying to yourselves:"well, after this scandal, things will be straitened out, things will get better and therefore whatever I'll be watching will be real and true from now on. Well if that's what you are thinking, I got news for you: you are lying to yoiurselves!!!

How many times have thought that and how many times have beel regularly proven wrong and your trust has been betraid again and again, and again????

I have stopped watching f1 one a long time ago. I just keep up with the F1 news by reading your postings but I see that if anything has changed since the last time I have wacthed or read about F1 it simply has gotten worse. Way worse.

You nedd to stop wacthing the lies too!! I have.

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 20:28
we all fell in love with F1 in the glory years. the years where you could overtake much easier, the cars made epic sounds and F1 was alot less coorperate, and circuits were still circuits.

We fell in love with this so much we cannot get out of it. Just when we hate F1 and its politics and its farces and everything else, The rain comes and the championship is decided at the final corner of the final lap of the final race.

Just when we think we dont want to watch this farcical crap with squabbling and political wars and threats and cheating and blackmail and stupid stewarding and stupid rule changes something epic happens.

as F1 fans we suffer, god we suffer the miserable rubbish usually started by max or bernie, or a teams who will do anything to win, but we love it still. we will never give up on F1 because we love its good side way too much.

F1 is a disease in our brains, a tumour, but of good and bad, and we will forever live with it................

Jag_Warrior
27th September 2009, 20:58
It's a poor revision of history to make believe that "back in the good ol' days", F1 was all goodness & sweetness.

The scandals (and the recession) aside, these past three seasons of F1 have been some of the best and most exciting I've seen in the thirty some years I've been watching. If a person loves racing (for the racing), I feel sorry for him that the politics and internet chatter has chased him away.

F1boat
27th September 2009, 21:05
I honestly believe that F1 is great fun. What makes it crap is the FIA and its total intervention in everything. They want to control everything for a supposedly better show, while I liked 2006 as well as 2007, 2008 and the current season. I watched F1 for a first time in 1992 and really fell in love with it in 1996, but I do believe that the seasons after 2005 are not worse than these first years. The only thing that pisses me off (except the natural frustration which comes with my preferred driver/team losing) is the Max/Bernie combo. Soon it will be only Bernie. So really I think that F1 is tons of fun.

Garry Walker
27th September 2009, 21:07
we all fell in love with F1 in the glory years. the years where you could overtake much easier, the cars made epic sounds and F1 was alot less coorperate, and circuits were still circuits.

You mean like 1992? Or 1990? Where most races were so that there were no overtakings at all?

In 20 years, we will look back at our current days and think "wow, those were the times of real racing"

DexDexter
27th September 2009, 21:11
You mean like 1992? Or 1990? Where most races were so that there were no overtakings at all?

In 20 years, we will look back at our current days and think "wow, those were the times of real racing"

Yep those "glory days" were terrible. 1992 was probably the worst. The difference between 1st and 3rd in quali was bigger at some races than the difference between the whole field these days :D

BeansBeansBeans
27th September 2009, 21:55
If you stop watching F1 just because some funny business has been unearthed then I would question why you chose to watch it in the first place.

The competitors in F1 are human beings and a lot of human beings lie and cheat, especially when there are large sums of money at stake. 'twas ever thus.

truefan72
28th September 2009, 01:02
I don't want to spoil your party and your usual discussions about who was best or worse. Who was this or who was that. But.....where do you find your faith and trust in F1 when you see times and times againg that many things you thought were authentic and true turned out to be all fake and untrue???

Why don't you feel offended and lied to and you don't actually show a reaction to it. How would you know that what you saw today, two weeks ago and what you are about to see in one week is actually worth the time and the countless hours you actually spend in watching F1 and then in the debates in this forum??? Its a SCAM!!!!!!!! Don't you get it??????

Only yesterday some guy was talking about how Ecclestone is a lunatic. First saying that Hitler got things done and then saying, after getting Flavio out of the circus, that he actually should file for an appeal. This is crazy talk. It offends my intelligence!!!!

Are you actually sure that your brains are processing all this information correctly?????? Because if they are, you are supposed to be seriously concerned about your well being. Would you actually chose to have a friend or chose to hang out with someone who has all these negative characteristics?? Let me answer for you: NO!!!!!

I know, you are saying to yourselves:"well, after this scandal, things will be straitened out, things will get better and therefore whatever I'll be watching will be real and true from now on. Well if that's what you are thinking, I got news for you: you are lying to yoiurselves!!!

How many times have thought that and how many times have beel regularly proven wrong and your trust has been betraid again and again, and again????

I have stopped watching f1 one a long time ago. I just keep up with the F1 news by reading your postings but I see that if anything has changed since the last time I have wacthed or read about F1 it simply has gotten worse. Way worse.

You nedd to stop wacthing the lies too!! I have.

so what are you doing here

this rant seems theological in nature like you are trying to recruit others not to watch and is more of an insight of your emotional balance than F1 as a sport. You seem to have invested an unhealthy amount of emotion in the sport and feel like a jilted lover. My advice is seek some therapy and put F1 in the proper context in your entire life.

Saint Devote
28th September 2009, 01:20
Nelson? Is that you Nelson??!!

Let it go its over - well then again maybe not :D

Rollo
28th September 2009, 01:21
that many things you thought were authentic and true turned out to be all fake and untrue???

http://homepage.mac.com/joester5/writing/images/the-cake-is-a-lie.png

"there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake."

mstillhere
28th September 2009, 02:38
so what are you doing here

this rant seems theological in nature like you are trying to recruit others not to watch and is more of an insight of your emotional balance than F1 as a sport. You seem to have invested an unhealthy amount of emotion in the sport and feel like a jilted lover. My advice is seek some therapy and put F1 in the proper context in your entire life.

That's an advice you can find usefull fro yourself as well. I am done having to watch a constant lie. I don't you, but I don't like to cheated nor lied to. I guess you and many other people in here are ok with it. Suit yourself.

mstillhere
28th September 2009, 02:44
I honestly believe that F1 is great fun. What makes it crap is the FIA and its total intervention in everything. They want to control everything for a supposedly better show, while I liked 2006 as well as 2007, 2008 and the current season. I watched F1 for a first time in 1992 and really fell in love with it in 1996, but I do believe that the seasons after 2005 are not worse than these first years. The only thing that pisses me off (except the natural frustration which comes with my preferred driver/team losing) is the Max/Bernie combo. Soon it will be only Bernie. So really I think that F1 is tons of fun.

I don't think that whole thing can be confined within the FIA realm. It's all over the place. From Bernie to Piquet jr and everyhing and everybody in between. You think that F1 is lots of fun but I beleive that the F1 you think of is only in your head, in your imagination. They have been constantly lying and cheating, and everyone is ok with it. I guess you all deserve the product you are getting. How decadent.

mstillhere
28th September 2009, 02:46
If you stop watching F1 just because some funny business has been unearthed then I would question why you chose to watch it in the first place.

The competitors in F1 are human beings and a lot of human beings lie and cheat, especially when there are large sums of money at stake. 'twas ever thus.

Are you saying that because you are like them?

anthonyvop
28th September 2009, 04:17
I know I am in the minority here but the whole Piquet Crash thing does not really bother me.
It is not the 1st time it has happened and has always been a part of racing.

Valve Bounce
28th September 2009, 04:49
Are you saying that because you are like them?

ustillhere?????????????? I thought you'd be onto the wrestling by now. :p :

Valve Bounce
28th September 2009, 04:50
I know I am in the minority here but the whole Piquet Crash thing does not really bother me.

Just think of the bright side - Sleazy Flav got caught and has been banned for all eternity.

Shifter
28th September 2009, 06:28
Although in many ways I perfer racing to have purity, I have just come to accept that F1 is more than racing, it's a cutthroat battle. Why have I accepted this? It's because every time I watch F1, I'm reminded of the late, great Paul Newman's intro to "Once Upon a Wheel";

"You know what this reminds me of? A theater...It has its audience, its cast, drama, comedy; and sometimes its tragedy too. The spectacle here is a moving play on an asphalt stage, with all the props. Producers and directors in the wings, the music, extras, comedians, good guys and bad guys; and the stars! The players who get the most out of it because they put the most into it."

F1boat
28th September 2009, 07:31

I agree!

mstillhere
28th September 2009, 07:31
I am speechless. I can't beleive I have being reading your comments people for all this time. I had no idea you were so shallow and roothless. Please don't call yourselves humans. You aree closer to live by savage rules than human ones. End of my presence here.

harsha
28th September 2009, 07:38
I am speechless. I can't beleive I have being reading your comments people for all this time. I had no idea you were so shallow and roothless. Please don't call yourselves humans. You aree closer to live by savage rules than human ones. End of my presence here.

:wave:

F1boat
28th September 2009, 08:06

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Big Ben
28th September 2009, 08:30

Ignorance is bliss buddy... I wouldn't go weep in the bathroom over this however :laugh: ... Bye Bye.

DexDexter
28th September 2009, 08:41

:D What a joke.

BeansBeansBeans
28th September 2009, 10:06
Please don't call yourselves humans.

Bit strong, that.

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 10:25
I never called myself a human in the first place. I got bitten by ioan a few years ago and am now part man, part troll :laugh:

I lived through the days of Ferrari favouritism and Flav teams being allowed to get away with blatent cheating so it would be a bit naive to expect F1 to be fair. I have constantly spoken out against the corruption endemic within the sport from Max and Bernie but have carried on watching it even though I know they fix things to ensure their teams win and the teams they hate are penalised as much as possible.

Why keep watching?

For the simpla fact that occassionally, just occassionally, we see some racing such as Lewis at Spa last year.

wedge
28th September 2009, 10:34
Have we suddenly turned into an Emo forum?

harsha
28th September 2009, 10:35
I never called myself a human in the first place. I got bitten by ioan a few years ago and am now part man, part troll :laugh:

I lived through the days of Ferrari favouritism and Flav teams being allowed to get away with blatent cheating so it would be a bit naive to expect F1 to be fair. I have constantly spoken out against the corruption endemic within the sport from Max and Bernie but have carried on watching it even though I know they fix things to ensure their teams win and the teams they hate are penalised as much as possible.

Why keep watching?

For the simpla fact that occassionally, just occassionally, we see some racing such as Lewis at Spa last year.

:up:

K-Pu
28th September 2009, 11:30
If I had to stop watching / doing / thinking when I see something wrong, Iīd end up doing nothing.

F1 is a business. Lots of money involved, politics, lies and so on. You canīt hope everything is pure, inmaculate and as holy as this post ( :D ). F1, just like any other big business, is rotten, infected and stinking, but from time to time we get good racing. I know the good races are a secondary effect, something that ALL team principals donīt want beacuse an unpredictable race could screw up their business (remember the never-ending testing at Ferrari under Todt).

I watch F1 because I liked it a lot of time ago. The first time I watched a race was in 1994, and I was a kid. Since then, Iīm in the thick of it.

Dave B
28th September 2009, 12:37
Ah but are we human? Or are we dancers?

I guess you'll never know as you're leaving. We'll probably get another clone made in your image, but there'll be a brief period where we're inconsolable.

SGWilko
28th September 2009, 13:03
Is what the Renault team members did any worse than the blatant favouritism and race/season fixing that has been dished out by the FIA heads for the last 20 odd years?

As Don Henley would sing - 'Get Over It'

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 13:05
Ah but are we human? Or are we dancers?

I guess you'll never know as you're leaving. We'll probably get another clone made in your image, but there'll be a brief period where we're inconsolable.

Ahhh, but have you seen me dancing, like, really dancing.

This Sunday, Brands Hatch, I'll be there :D

Valve Bounce
28th September 2009, 13:06
Ahhh, but have you seen me dancing, like, really dancing.

This Sunday, Brands Hatch, I'll be there :D

Who's playing? :confused:

SGWilko
28th September 2009, 13:06
but have you seen me dancing,

There are parts of my wedding I cannot watch as it shows just how pathetic my idea of dancing is...... ;)

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 13:09
Who's playing? :confused:

Touring Cars. That's music to my ears :D

SGWilko
28th September 2009, 13:12
Touring Cars. That's music to my ears :D

Oh great - best not try to get to ASDA on Sunday morning then, that roundabout off the M25 is shyte at the best of times - Just ask K Noye.....

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 13:31
:laugh:

I'm probably going to take a Bike down so won't care. Get in on Sunday morning and pitch my tent ready for the fun and games.

Garry Walker
28th September 2009, 13:33

Completely hilarious.
:rotflmao: