PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the race

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 15:20
Rosberg for ruining what could have been a fantastic result by a silly mistake coming out of the pitlane.
Sutil for decidng its ok to keep your foot in it when you've spun and will inevitably crash into another car, in this case heidfeld.

Dave B
27th September 2009, 15:24
Rosberg for ruining what could have been a fantastic result by a silly mistake coming out of the pitlane.
Sutil for decidng its ok to keep your foot in it when you've spun and will inevitably crash into another car, in this case heidfeld.

Apologies for simply cutting and pasting, but you saved me a load of typing! :p

Can I also add Ferrari for being slooow, and Heikki for being a country mile behind his race-winning team mate. Oh, and Vettel for letting a simple transgression ruin what was surely a podium and possibly even a victory.

truefan72
27th September 2009, 15:25
Sutil for deciding its ok to keep your foot in it when you've spun and will inevitably crash into another car, in this case heidfeld.

agreed and yes my apologies too, very well said Ultimate

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 15:30
Message from Williams to Mercedes - you can have Nico and we will pay you to sweeten the deal.

We will take Kubica and Hulkenburg!

wedge
27th September 2009, 15:31
Sutil

What an utter numpty.

Hot headed and ust kept his foot down without making any allowances for traffic and crashed into Heidfeld.

Dave B
27th September 2009, 15:33
As an aside, Sutil's hot-headedness has also put paid to Heidfeld's astonishing run of finishes:

"The accident meant Heidfeld's record run of race finishes has finally ended. The German last retired from a grand prix 41 races ago at Indianapolis in 2007." (Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78964))

Roamy
27th September 2009, 15:35
As an aside, Sutil's hot-headedness has also put paid to Heidfeld's astonishing run of finishes:

"The accident meant Heidfeld's record run of race finishes has finally ended. The German last retired from a grand prix 41 races ago at Indianapolis in 2007." (Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78964))

oh how freaking exciting - he should do well as a endurance racer

jens
27th September 2009, 15:42
Jarno Trulli for being nowhere all weekend without any good explanation... Bah.

djparky
27th September 2009, 15:44

agreed- as a Williams supporter I found myself yelling at the TV when he made that mistake- sure fire 2nd place (or maybe even a win) down the toilet as a result- what a plonker (that's not the word I used at the time)

VkmSpouge
27th September 2009, 15:45
Adrian Sutil first for that half-hearted move on the Toro Rosso and then continuing to spin the car around even when he could see other cars coming.

Special mention to Nico Rosberg for ruining a good result with a daft mistake coming out of the pitlane and the Red Bulls for throwing away a potentially very good result that could have hauled them back into the World Championship contention.

F1boat
27th September 2009, 15:52
Nico Rosberg.

DexDexter
27th September 2009, 15:57
Nico Rosberg

jas123f1
27th September 2009, 16:01
Unfortunately Nico – muffing his best ever chance.. :(

Pille
27th September 2009, 16:16
Rosberg for jumping the line and destroying his chances, Sutil for the bonehead crash.

Special mention goes to: all those overheating brakes.

jens
27th September 2009, 16:16
The appearance of the safety car and its consequences have made Rosberg's mistake look a lot worse than it was. Without the SC he would have quite likely finished inside Top3, which in itself would have been a fine result, so don't be that harsh on him.

wedge
27th September 2009, 16:19
The appearance of the safety car and its consequences have made Rosberg's mistake look a lot worse than it was. Without the SC he would have quite likely finished inside Top3, which in itself would have been a fine result, so don't be that harsh on him.

Agree though in hindsight. Rosberg should've taken the drive-thru as quick as possible. Without the SC he probably would've got a solid points finish.

edv
27th September 2009, 18:31
The circuit, for not providing any overtaking opportunities and no high speed corners.

27th September 2009, 18:32
Sutil for taking Heidfeld out of the race and the person at Red Bull who when after the mechanics has checked Webber"s brakes decided to send him out only for to promptly crash. If I was in charge of the team and a driver came into the pits with dodgey I would retire them

I am evil Homer
27th September 2009, 19:32
Rosberg and Sutil

Stewards for being inconsistent....Webber gets penalty for overtaking outside the permitted 'circuit' yet Kimi got nothing at Spa?!?

Robinho
27th September 2009, 20:07
yeah i'd go with Rosberg and Sutil, favouring Sutil, as up until that point Rosberg was one of my drivers of the day and it was a tiny but very significant mistake

Jag_Warrior
27th September 2009, 20:48
The circuit, for not providing any overtaking opportunities and no high speed corners.

I agree with that. It may be beautiful to look at, but as a proper race track, it's terrbile.

But for the true donkey, as much as I like him, I'm afraid I have to go with Nico as well. If it's not a driver mistake, there seems to always be some goofball strategy call from Williams that makes no sense. I guess it was the driver's turn today. :(

rickos
27th September 2009, 20:49

Apologies for simply cutting and pasting, but you saved me a load of typing! :p

No apologies for not typing. I remember the big solar flare when you were born and watching the northern lights - good show.

And who does Rosberg think he is anyway - he can't get away with these things, yet.

Garry Walker
27th September 2009, 21:08
Sutil - the guy is an idiot.

Rosberg - How can you mess up a chance like this in such a way?

HenryM
27th September 2009, 22:17
Sutil...

gm99
27th September 2009, 22:17
Sutil and Rosberg, for the reasons mentioned here already.

Honorable mention to Trulli & Kovalainen for being that much slower than their respective team-mates.

race_director
27th September 2009, 23:06
Donkey of the Race

Myself. i missed the last half of the race. had to to go out to some party (free flow booze) session

gloomyDAY
27th September 2009, 23:11
Rosberg - How can you mess up a chance like this in such a way?Because Nico is the next big thing to come out of Williams.

That and the dump Head took earlier today.

CNR
27th September 2009, 23:16
singapore pit lane
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17611&Itemid=219
vettle broke pit lane speed limit by just
1.4 kilometers = 0.869919669 miles

Ranger
28th September 2009, 00:26
Nico and Vettel for ruining their races with simple errors.

Trulli for having his extreme mediocrity today when his team-mate got second. What was he doing?

AJP
28th September 2009, 01:59
Nico - Silly error cost him his best result..
Sutil - Stupid reaction to his spin, very stupid indeed
Race Stewards - penalising Mark...what the ????
Red Bull - come on guys...get your breaks sorted

Jag_Warrior
28th September 2009, 05:07
Oh, and even though he wasn't a factor in this race (nor any race, for that matter), an honorable Donkey Mention must go out to Jaime Alguersuari. A few more Danica Patrick pit moments from him and he may be driving against her in the IRL soon. Too bad the guy didn't smack him in the head with that lollipop.

Shifter
28th September 2009, 06:15
Donkey Podium:

Rosberg (this is tough he's really impressed me up to this point)

Sutil - Had a 'champcar moment'

Alguersuari - Worst pit exit I've ever seen. Actually, lets not minimize it, we are being hard on Rosberg because of the opportunity he threw away, but Jaime comitted the most bonehead move of the event, which after Sutil's move is hard to accomplish.

555-04Q2
28th September 2009, 07:10
The person(s) who decide which tracks F1 races at. No passing at all. Man, I lost interest after the first 10 laps and played with my kids in the garden instead. Didnt even know who won the race until I saw the highlights in the evening.

Before this weekend I had only missed 3 live F1 races since 1989, looks like I will be missing many more in future. Moto GP and Super Bikes have provided me with excitement that F1 just cant match anymore.

555-04Q2
28th September 2009, 07:11
Donkey Podium:
Alguersuari - Worst pit exit I've ever seen.

You obviously missed last years race and the Ferrari/Massa pit exit fiasco. Now that was pathetic.

F1boat
28th September 2009, 07:14
The person(s) who decide which tracks F1 races at. No passing at all. Man, I lost interest after the first 10 laps and played with my kids in the garden instead. Didnt even know who won the race until I saw the highlights in the evening.

Before this weekend I had only missed 3 live F1 races since 1989, looks like I will be missing many more in future. Moto GP and Super Bikes have provided me with excitement that F1 just cant match anymore.

Matter of taste really, I am not a fan of bikes who overtake non-stop. To me overtaking shouldn't be that easy...

Shifter
28th September 2009, 07:39
You obviously missed last years race and the Ferrari/Massa pit exit fiasco. Now that was pathetic.

Well that was pretty bad but if memory serves me correct Ferrari got a little too 'slick' with their lighted lollipop. Jaimie drove straight through a proper lollipop that had never even wiggled. I think one of the Honda drivers drove through a lollipop once but it had been lifted and then slammed back down.

iJones
28th September 2009, 07:47
Rosberg and Vettel for handing the win to Hamilton on a silver platter because of stupid mistakes.

Kovalainen on the other hand was not. He's the donkey of the whole season.

ShiftingGears
28th September 2009, 08:26
Rosberg, the stewards, Sutil and whoever thought racing in the most boring street circuit ever conceived was a great idea.

Sonic
28th September 2009, 09:51
Vettel and Rubens. Does nobody want this WDC? Button has been lame for more than half a season now and yet he's still sitting pretty at the top with daylight between his closest rivals.

Sonic
28th September 2009, 09:55
Oh and RBR for sending Webber out with brake disks about as useful as a paper bag.

harsha
28th September 2009, 10:23
donkeys...rosberg,sutil,red bull ,vettel,kova

MrJan
28th September 2009, 12:19
Race Stewards - penalising Mark...what the ????

I thought that RBR told Webber to drop back rather than receiving a penalty from the stewards. It was definitely an advantaged gained illegally though, just because Kimi got away with it at Spa shouldn't mean that the rest of the field should be absolved of any wrong doing.

Sleeper
28th September 2009, 12:26
Sutil really took the biscuit yesterday.

stevie_gerrard
28th September 2009, 13:28
Sutil for spinning then ending up in the way of Heidfeld when there was no need. As much as Nick probably wouldn't have scored points, Sutil ruined his fantastic reliability of 41 races without retirement.

Storm
29th September 2009, 07:53
Adrian Sutil. no doubt.

Oh yes and Red Bull (drivers + team) need to be mentioned too, they are probably the donkeys of the year for just loving Button so much as to want to practically hand him the trophy (as each race goes on)

555-04Q2
29th September 2009, 10:57
Vettel and Rubens. Does nobody want this WDC? Button has been lame for more than half a season now and yet he's still sitting pretty at the top with daylight between his closest rivals.

I think the current poor WDC chase proves that the quality of drivers in F1 is not as high as we may think it is. I cant help but think that a Hakkinen or a Schumacher in the Red Bull or other Brawn GP car would have caught up to Button by now.

Steve2009
29th September 2009, 11:00
No doubt!
But so would Lewis, Kimi, Massa, and Fernando!

Sonic
29th September 2009, 11:01
I think the current poor WDC chase proves that the quality of drivers in F1 is not as high as we may think it is. I cant help but think that a Hakkinen or a Schumacher in the Red Bull or other Brawn GP car would have caught up to Button by now.

Agreed 100%.

F1boat
29th September 2009, 15:22
No doubt!
But so would Lewis, Kimi, Massa, and Fernando!

Alonso and Michael yes, for the rest I am not sure. It seems that people here have short memory. Kimi is a great driver, but he is not error-free as we saw last year, for Lewis, no comment, we all saw how tough it was for him last year, not to mention the year before it; Massa also sometimes makes idiotic mistakes /China last year/ and Hakkinen barely won his second WDC against Irvine and Frentzen.

keysersoze
29th September 2009, 21:46

The quality is quite high--it's just that we don't have a Prost, Senna, or Schumacher these day. Thank God.

Hakkinen needed a good car to shine, and I rate Alonso way higher than Mika. And when their careers are over, you can put Hamilton and Vettel in that category as well.