PDA

View Full Version : Has the FIA done enough for Renault

seppefan
27th September 2009, 08:12
I sense Renault are looking to brazen it out and stay in F1 as they were not party to FB, NP & PS actions however they have always run the tightest of teams re cost and I wonder if they are in todays climate prepared to spend the required amount of money to stay in 2010. Who will want there name on the car in 2010 ? Makes me wonder if they might go down the engine only route. Williams and whomever ( Prodrive ) they can get to take the team off their hands.

Daniel
27th September 2009, 09:00
Any particular reason for starting all these threads?

ioan
27th September 2009, 09:48
In teh days when Ferrari and McLaren were spending 450 millions Renault were also reaching over 300 millions, so they are not so cash strapped like Williams or Force India.
And with budgets around 100 millions it will be much easier for them to stay in F1.

Sonic
27th September 2009, 11:27
In teh days when Ferrari and McLaren were spending 450 millions Renault were also reaching over 300 millions, so they are not so cash strapped like Williams or Force India.
And with budgets around 100 millions it will be much easier for them to stay in F1.

Budgets of 100 million will last, ohhh all of two years before the whole FOTA nicely, nicely stuff falls apart.

Big teams will always spend more - fact.