PDA

View Full Version : Why I would like to be locked in a steel cage with some people

Garry Walker
26th September 2009, 11:43
Just 5 minutes would be enough to teach this "person" some lessons about harming those weaker than you. I really would like to meet the guy behind this.
What kind of a sick son of a bitch does something like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1215499/Cat-wrapped-head-foot-duct-tape-Philadelphia.html

Dave B
26th September 2009, 12:01
Sick indeed, but so is solving violence with violence.

(Sits back and waits for tiresome and predictable ad hominems about weak liberals, Guardian readers, blah blah blah)

donKey jote
26th September 2009, 12:20
Sick indeed, but seeing your reaction I must admit I was expecting something a lot worse than a sticky pussy :s

harsha
26th September 2009, 16:59
very sick.....being an owner of a pet,I can't understand how people treat animals like this

Captain VXR
26th September 2009, 21:22

(Sits back and waits for tiresome and predictable ad hominems about weak liberals, Guardian readers, blah blah blah)

Stupid weak liberal Guardian readers :p

On a more serious note, can somebody knock the soap out of whoever did this' hand?

BDunnell
26th September 2009, 21:29
Is the answer to the question in the thread title 'Because I would like to be wrapped from head to toe in duct tape'?

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 19:50
Sick dude indeed. I think a beating may not be the preferred way of dealing with retards like who did this, but it sure would show the guy not to do it again and be cheaper than having him take some course in kindness. Garry would lay the boots to the guy for nothing...

A.F.F.
3rd October 2009, 20:37
I shut the page down as soon as I noticed the word CAT in the article.

AAReagles
10th October 2009, 00:28
Sick indeed, but seeing your reaction I must admit I was expecting something a lot worse than a sticky pussy :s

His reaction is perhaps a bit harsh, though not surprising when you consider the numerous events of people doing wicked things to (basically) defenseless animals.

Here's a fine example of people getting out of control with their "freedom" agenda:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-court-cruelty7-2009oct07,0,1600712.story

As long as people are out of control, as always, I'm for corporal punishment for incidents like these. Not to mention I would recommend the same punishment for drivers who wreckless behavior caused serious accidents causing major injuries and/or death.

Garry Walker
13th October 2009, 08:31

So amuse me and tell me what we should do with people like that? Make them do 3 hours of community service? Ask him how hard his childhood was?

Oh and yes, I do consider you a weakling for sure. If someone bumped into you on the street and insulted you, you would walk away mumbling, but wouldnt dare to say anything or stand up for yourself.

BeansBeansBeans
13th October 2009, 08:58
So amuse me and tell me what we should do with people like that? Make them do 3 hours of community service? Ask him how hard his childhood was?

Surely there's a middle ground between the softly-softly approach you're parodying here and locking them in a steel cage with a violent man.

Garry Walker
13th October 2009, 09:22
Surely there's a middle ground between the softly-softly approach you're parodying here and locking them in a steel cage with a violent man.

Why would there need to be a middle-ground? Does animal violence not deserve a harsh response? That guy deserves harsh treatment for such behaviour and getting beaten to within an inch of death would be right.
Of course, you might think I am too harsh. Probably you will. But I have always despised scum who hurt those weaker and helpless.

For your information, I am involved with a non-profit organization that deals with animal charity. This is a topic close to my heart.

BeansBeansBeans
13th October 2009, 09:46
That's interesting. A lot of people would lump all animal rights campaigners together as wet liberals, just like you tend to do with anyone who disagrees with your spittle-flecked rants.

BDunnell
13th October 2009, 14:03

Oh and yes, I do consider you a weakling for sure. If someone bumped into you on the street and insulted you, you would walk away mumbling, but wouldnt dare to say anything or stand up for yourself.

I have said it before and will say it again. A psychologist would have a field day with you.

MrJan
13th October 2009, 14:52
Am I the only person sick enough to chuckle at that? Thought so, I'll go into a corner and think about what I've done.

BeansBeansBeans
13th October 2009, 15:16
Am I the only person sick enough to chuckle at that?

Torturing animals isn't funny. I'm with Garry on that one.

MrJan
13th October 2009, 15:25
It's not the torturing of an animal that I found funny, it's the image of a cat wrapped in gaffer tape and with a slightly confused expresion on it's face. And in the scheme of how people torture animals wrapping them in gaffer tape is only a drop in a horrific sea of nastiness. It also doesn't seem like the cat was hurt or even that bothered by any of it, I mean it's not like someone cut one of it's leg off or anything.

Now where's my high horse dammit, seem to have misplaced it somewhere :p : :D

BDunnell
13th October 2009, 16:26
It's not the torturing of an animal that I found funny, it's the image of a cat wrapped in gaffer tape and with a slightly confused expresion on it's face.

When expressed like that, I too find it difficult to suppress a smile. I would personally prefer to concentrate on being nice to one's fellow humans, and find it deeply hypocritical for one of the people on this thread to be so concerned about animal welfare when he doesn't care a hoot for human rights and generally comes across as somebody who is deeply unpleasant to his fellow man. But maybe that's just me.

Cooper_S
13th October 2009, 17:16
two wrongs never make a right...not to mention that I suspect having the desire to inflict physical pain personally on another person would constitute a major flaw in a person...

I love the tag about being involved with a non-profit organization that deals with animal charity... what as... the charity fund raiser's door bouncer

wedge
14th October 2009, 00:30
Oooooh, never knew Garry Walker was a sensitive type! :D

Am I the only person sick enough to chuckle at that? Thought so, I'll go into a corner and think about what I've done.

Yep, admittedly I did smile for a moment but then I do have a sick sense of humour *goes back to watch League of Gentleman*

Jag_Warrior
14th October 2009, 01:30
I read a story years ago that people who abuse animals quite often go on to abuse children and become rapists. I guess they're sadists and get off on that sort of thing, whether it's an animal or a child. Especially since that tends to be their next step, I really have no sympathy for people like that. Either they get help on their own, the court mandates treatment... or someone like Garry gets hold of them.

Now, if I saw Garry beating this guy's teeth out of his head, would I do something about it? Absolutely! As soon as I heard a siren, I'd holler over to Garry, "Hey, dude! The cops are coming!"

Hey, I do what I can. :D

AAReagles
14th October 2009, 21:27
... I would personally prefer to concentrate on being nice to one's fellow humans, and find it deeply hypocritical for one of the people on this thread to be so concerned about animal welfare when he doesn't care a hoot for human rights and generally comes across as somebody who is deeply unpleasant to his fellow man. But maybe that's just me.

Well, perhaps it's me as well, as I am unable to comprehend those who are against CP, but don't flinch at the idea of abortion - generally speaking of course.

AAReagles
14th October 2009, 21:29
.... I really have no sympathy for people like that. Either they get help on their own, the court mandates treatment... or someone like Garry gets hold of them.

Now, if I saw Garry beating this guy's teeth out of his head, would I do something about it? Absolutely! As soon as I heard a siren, I'd holler over to Garry, "Hey, dude! The cops are coming!"

:up:

Now that's a friend (or good neighbor) indeed. :)

Mark in Oshawa
15th October 2009, 00:01
I read a story years ago that people who abuse animals quite often go on to abuse children and become rapists. I guess they're sadists and get off on that sort of thing, whether it's an animal or a child. Especially since that tends to be their next step, I really have no sympathy for people like that. Either they get help on their own, the court mandates treatment... or someone like Garry gets hold of them.

You just keep giving and giving.....you are a giver Jag. I admire ya so....

Garry Walker
15th October 2009, 11:30
That's interesting. A lot of people would lump all animal rights campaigners together as wet liberals
I am not an animal rights campaigner, I like to get things done and most of these people have no idea on how to get things done.

I have said it before and will say it again. A psychologist would have a field day with you.
I`d rather not lower myself to your level and respond with a similar insult

And in the scheme of how people torture animals wrapping them in gaffer tape is only a drop in a horrific sea of nastiness. It also doesn't seem like the cat was hurt or even that bothered by any of it, I mean it's not like someone cut one of it's leg off or anything.

1) Of course it is not the worst type torture ever, I have seen, heard of, read of much worse. But it still doesnt make it right.
2) Do you know how fun it is to remove that tape?

I would personally prefer to concentrate on being nice to one's fellow humans, What is your view on abortion?

and find it deeply hypocritical for one of the people on this thread to be so concerned about animal welfare when he doesn't care a hoot for human rights

Who says I dont care about human rights? When I say I dont care about being "nice" to convicted criminals? Oh awful I am. :(

and generally comes across as somebody who is deeply unpleasant to his fellow man. But maybe that's just me. That sounds too funny coming from a person who I suspect has a maximum of 2 friends outside the internet.

two wrongs never make a right...not to mention that I suspect having the desire to inflict physical pain personally on another person would constitute a major flaw in a person... :(

I love the tag about being involved with a non-profit organization that deals with animal charity... what as... the charity fund raiser's door bouncer

heh. I worked as a safety-person when I was 18 and had just started uni, but since then I have moved on.

Now, for humour - why are you still living with your parents at 21 :D ?

:D

MrJan
15th October 2009, 11:58
1) Of course it is not the worst type torture ever, I have seen, heard of, read of much worse. But it still doesnt make it right.
2) Do you know how fun it is to remove that tape?

1) Did I say it was right? Just not quite sure that your level of outrage fits the crime.
2) Yup, had loads of it on my car once.; However if you look at the pictures in the article the cat looks like it's fine
3) Have another peek at the look on that cat's face and tell me it doesn't raise a smile. It isn't in pain, just a touch perplexed by the whole thing.

Bezza
15th October 2009, 13:10
heh. I worked as a safety-person when I was 18 and had just started uni, but since then I have moved on.

Now, for humour - why are you still living with your parents at 21 :D ?

:D

With respect, Garry, you say you have moved on, but you talk as if you are still just starting uni and haven't experienced the real world at all. I know this, because I was the same 5/6 years ago on this very forum, as some of the older hands wouldn't hesitate to remind me!

Daniel
15th October 2009, 13:45
With respect, Garry, you say you have moved on, but you talk as if you are still just starting uni and haven't experienced the real world at all. I know this, because I was the same 5/6 years ago on this very forum, as some of the older hands wouldn't hesitate to remind me!

I know I criticise you sometimes Bezza but you're spot on here :up: Be prepared to be called a tofu eating, sandal wearing leftie though.....

wedge
15th October 2009, 14:10
I am not an animal rights campaigner, I like to get things done and most of these people have no idea on how to get things done.

Like terrorizing employees of Huntingdon Life Science