PDA

View Full Version : Who should replace the flab?

Sonic
23rd September 2009, 13:10
I think its only fair that this gets a thread of its own.

It looks like Renault are going to stay in F1 now that the three amigos have been booted so who should take the helm?

An ex-racer? Or perhaps another businessman like Mr B?

Throw in your two cents worth................NOW! :)

I am evil Homer
23rd September 2009, 13:14
I see two routes...an ex-racer (although Prost showed that doesn't equal success) or someone who runs a team in a lower formula. Actually I'm tempted to say Dave Richards as it's clear Prodrive haven't bribed the right people to get into F1!

CNR
23rd September 2009, 13:47
Tom Walkinshaw

Tom Walkinshaw Racing was involved in Formula One (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Formula_One) from 1992 to 2002. At first, Walkinshaw became Benetton (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Benetton_Formula)'s engineering director, and was instrumental in developing the car that took Michael Schumacher (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Michael_Schumacher) to his first World Championship title in 1994. A falling out with Benetton boss Flavio Briatore (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Flavio_Briatore) saw Walkinshaw move to a position as team manager at Ligier (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Ligier), which had been acquired by Briatore.
After a failed attempt at purchasing Ligier, Walkinshaw instead bought a majority stake in Arrows (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Arrows), in 1996. The following year, Arrows surprised the world by signing World Champion Damon Hill (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Damon_Hill) and introducing Bridgestone (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Bridgestone) tyres to F1. Although the team nearly won the 1997 Hungarian Grand Prix (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/1997_Hungarian_Grand_Prix), Arrows continued to have trouble attracting sponsorship, and following the liquidation of Arrows, TWR being the major shareholder of the outfit, followed suit, closing its doors in 2002. TWR Australia was quickly acquired by Holden. The TWR technical centre at Leafield (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Leafield) was sold and would later become the headquarters of the now defunct Super Aguri F1 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Super_Aguri_F1) team.

race_director
23rd September 2009, 14:16
i am interested in the job . does anyone know where to send my CV ??? :)

maximilian
23rd September 2009, 14:19
Gerhard Berger. Seems like he did well with Toro Rosso at the time, and might be the most qualified candidate who's currently unemployed - with some historical links to the "Benetton" team.

wedge
23rd September 2009, 14:30
Tom Walkinshaw

No thanks, he's better off pressing the self destruct button for Holden's behalf!

Roamy
23rd September 2009, 14:38
todt

Sonic
23rd September 2009, 15:29
Indeed, I did 2 weeks work experience at TWR Arrows in 1997 and he was a very difficult man according to the staff. I met him briefly and he seemed nice enough, but wasn't liked overall... :)

Cool! Where the hell did you manage to get such a sweet placement? My work experience was actual slave labour - digging a ditch for 2 weeks.

Easy Drifter
23rd September 2009, 15:40
A perfect job for Mad Max! :grenade: :rotflmao:

maximilian
23rd September 2009, 17:22
A perfect job for Mad Max! :grenade: :rotflmao:
Max Papis? Hmmm, I dunno :p : :D

driveace
23rd September 2009, 19:00
Jean Pierre Nicolas,could be the man! OR Jean Alesi maybe

Robinho
23rd September 2009, 19:12
Nelson Piquet Snr? he's run teams before for the boy ;)

JRodrigues
23rd September 2009, 19:28
David Richards

Robinho
23rd September 2009, 19:29
Actually i think it should be Bob Bell, at least for the rest of the season (remember you saw it here first)

Robinho
23rd September 2009, 19:40
Back on topic, I think Gerhard would be a great replacement... :)

nope i still think Bob Bell

Sonic
23rd September 2009, 21:05
Actually i think it should be Bob Bell, at least for the rest of the season (remember you saw it here first)

I was just about to post that I agreed when I spotted this.....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78807

Can you get me the lottery numbers btw?

Sleeper
23rd September 2009, 22:15
Bob Bell certainly makes for an excellent replacment for Symonds, but I dont know about Briatore. I expect they will need someone similar to take that job but preferably with a bit more racing in their background.

TMorel
23rd September 2009, 22:31
Now what are the odds that Bob Bell is also Witness-X the anonymous tipster...

CNR
23rd September 2009, 23:25
tom is a joke i would like to see him gone form holden

Aguri Suzuki when you look what he did for super aguri

CNR
23rd September 2009, 23:36
nope i still think Bob Bell
http://in.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idINIndia-42662820090923
Bell replaces Briatore at Renault F1 team

Technical director Bob Bell will stand in as Renault Formula One team principal to the end of the season following the departure of Flavio Briatore in a race-fixing controversy.

Saint Devote
24th September 2009, 00:28
Renault should merge the team with Pro-drive to have Dave Richards do the business.

Any other way and Renault is over - it will be on the same path as all the other auto manufacturers that have come to f1 - they fail.

Valve Bounce
24th September 2009, 02:15
Is it really necessary to replace Sleazy Flav? What if Renault simply deleted that post?

Saint Devote
24th September 2009, 03:06
Is it really necessary to replace Sleazy Flav? What if Renault simply deleted that post?

Because a racing team is not democratic, it is, just like an efficient company, authoritarian, required to obey the epistimology of reason and the metaphysics of reality - which is objective.

Therefore it requires a single chief orchestrate with authority, correctly.

Teams Toyota and BMW and Honda etc, are examples where this principle is disobeyed either in principle or only paying lip service.

So unless Renault find someone to do that - very few of them around - the team is going to fail as it will under your idea.

Valve Bounce
24th September 2009, 03:37
Because a racing team is not democratic, it is, just like an efficient company, authoritarian, required to obey the epistimology of reason and the metaphysics of reality - which is objective.

Therefore it requires a single chief orchestrate with authority, correctly.

Teams Toyota and BMW and Honda etc, are examples where this principle is disobeyed either in principle or only paying lip service.

So unless Renault find someone to do that - very few of them around - the team is going to fail as it will under your idea.

Yeah! right!! Could you say all that in simple English so the rest of us can understand what you are babbling about?

Valve Bounce
24th September 2009, 05:10
OK! I'm trying to guess what the guy means: Jr was required to obey the epistimology of reason by crashing his car into the wall thus creating the metaphysics of reality, under the indirect order of the single chief orchestrate Sleazy Flav. But at Toyota, BMW and Honda, such orders are disobeyed as nobody will agree to crash their cars deliberately. OK! How am I doing so far? :p :

gloomyDAY
24th September 2009, 05:17
Renault should merge the team with Pro-drive to have Dave Richards do the business.Wouldn't be a bad choice by Renault.

We all know that David Richards has been trying to get into Formula 1. Maybe this might be his window of opportunity. Richards has the knowledge, experience, and wherewithal to turn Renault into a winning team.

However, I am concerned how Prodrive dropped the ball with Subaru. SWRT really plummeted in performance the last 3 years. I think there was a disconnect between Japan and what happened over in Banbury that lead to a slow demise. I hope if Richards gets a shot at Formula 1 again that he won't send the team down the crapper.

Roamy
24th September 2009, 05:59
Renault should merge the team with Pro-drive to have Dave Richards do the business.

Any other way and Renault is over - it will be on the same path as all the other auto manufacturers that have come to f1 - they fail.

Right just replace Flav with another Cheat, Liar, and Arrogant Pig !! Good choice NOT

Big Ben
24th September 2009, 08:11
OK! I'm trying to guess what the guy means: Jr was required to obey the epistimology of reason by crashing his car into the wall thus creating the metaphysics of reality, under the indirect order of the single chief orchestrate Sleazy Flav. But at Toyota, BMW and Honda, such orders are disobeyed as nobody will agree to crash their cars deliberately. OK! How am I doing so far? :p :

:laugh: . You've made my day :laugh:

ArrowsFA1
24th September 2009, 08:39
Renault has appointed Bob Bell as its new stand-in team principal in the wake of the departure of Flavio Briatore for his involvement in the Singapore Grand Prix race-fix controversy.
Bell, who was the team's technical director, will take charge in the temporary restructure that will remain in place until the end of the season. He will also be the outfit's chief technical officer.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78807

ioan
24th September 2009, 10:05

Just like Ferrari failed?!
Are Renault's champion titles a failure?

Just because a manufacturer decides one day to pull out of teh sport because it is badly governed it doesn't mean they failed.

ioan
24th September 2009, 10:06

:up: :D

harsha
24th September 2009, 14:06
Probably,they will look to take someone who actually knows about racing in place of Briatore

Valve Bounce
24th September 2009, 14:26
How about SchM ?

ioan
24th September 2009, 14:35
How about SchM ?

He declared several times that he is not interested being a team boss.
On top of that he refused the Ferrari team boss position at the end of 2007 so why would he want to do it for Renault?!

Valve Bounce
25th September 2009, 01:48
He declared several times that he is not interested being a team boss.
On top of that he refused the Ferrari team boss position at the end of 2007 so why would he want to do it for Renault?!

Well, he did win his first title at Benneton (there is a connection), and more importantly, it is one helluva challenge for an ex F1 driver or even champion to successfully run an F1 team. At Renault, he would not have the rebuilding task that he had at Ferrari - here half the job is already done.

And to win a WCC with Renault, ioan that would make you smile for bloody years to come if he did. :up:

ioan
25th September 2009, 02:03
Well, he did win his first title at Benneton (there is a connection), and more importantly, it is one helluva challenge for an ex F1 driver or even champion to successfully run an F1 team. At Renault, he would not have the rebuilding task that he had at Ferrari - here half the job is already done.

And to win a WCC with Renault, ioan that would make you smile for bloody years to come if he did. :up:

I'm no Renault fan at all Valve, not even a tiny bit.
BTW what was there to rebuild at Ferrari at the end of 2007? Why do you think that Renault right now would be an easier job for a team boss than Ferrari was in 2007?

He's just not the guy to sit behind a desk. He's a leader and a motivator, not a scribe.

Easy Drifter
25th September 2009, 02:06
I still say once his resignation from the FIA takes effect it will be Mad Max Mosley. :eek:

Valve Bounce
25th September 2009, 02:09
I'm no Renault fan at all Valve, not even a tiny bit.
BTW what was there to rebuild at Ferrari at the end of 2007? Why do you think that Renault right now would be an easier job for a team boss than Ferrari was in 2007?

He's just not the guy to sit behind a desk. He's a leader and a motivator, not a scribe.

ioan, what do you think I'm talking about? SchM was responsible for bringing the team to Ferrari that brought it success in the late nineties. I'm talking about the same thing with Renault.

ioan
25th September 2009, 02:09
I still say once his resignation from the FIA takes effect it will be Mad Max Mosley. :eek:

Nah, not his favorite game.
He will have a seat in the FIA senate and might also get to be the one in charge of F1! :D

ioan
25th September 2009, 02:11
ioan, what do you think I'm talking about? SchM was responsible for bringing the team to Ferrari that brought it success in the late nineties. I'm talking about the same thing with Renault.

Well, I believe that the architect of Ferrari's rebirth was Jean Todt. MS might have brought Brawn and Byrne with him, but it was Todt who got MS first.

Also Brawn is not available anymore so who will MS bring to Renault? And who will be the star driver to push the car to it's limit lap after lap like if there was no tomorrow? :\

Valve Bounce
25th September 2009, 02:23
Well, I believe that the architect of Ferrari's rebirth was Jean Todt. MS might have brought Brawn and Byrne with him, but it was Todt who got MS first.

Also Brawn is not available anymore so who will MS bring to Renault? And who will be the star driver to push the car to it's limit lap after lap like if there was no tomorrow? :\

Stop worrying!! SchM will figure all that out!!

ioan
25th September 2009, 02:39
Stop worrying!! SchM will figure all that out!!

For a start he's contracted to Ferrari for the next 3 years so plenty of time to think about how to be the Renault F1 team boss. ;)

Valve Bounce
25th September 2009, 05:17
For a start he's contracted to Ferrari for the next 3 years so plenty of time to think about how to be the Renault F1 team boss. ;)

Think of this positively: if SchM wanted to take over the reins at Renault, Ferrari would facilitate things for him.

Personally, I think he would be the perfect person to take over there, although he may not want the job. This is only a speculation/wishful thinking on my part.

aryan
25th September 2009, 05:56
And who will be the star driver to push the car to it's limit lap after lap like if there was no tomorrow? :\

Kimi? :D

I know, I know... I'll stop now! :p

ioan
25th September 2009, 09:58
Kimi? :D

I know, I know... I'll stop now! :p

:D Hard to imagine Kimi working with MS as closely as MS worked with Todt! ;)