PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Best Driver Eligible To Win ICS Championship?

Chamoo
23rd September 2009, 00:16
Of the three remaining drivers mathimatically eligible to win the 2009 IndyCar Series Championship, who do you believe is the best?

Jag_Warrior
23rd September 2009, 02:53
I gotta go with Scott Dixon.

harvick#1
23rd September 2009, 03:10
Briscoe :D

beachbum
23rd September 2009, 03:20
Coin flip. It may all come down to luck.

DBell
23rd September 2009, 03:49
I think Dixon will win the title, but of the three, I think Dario is the better driver by a slight margin.

NickFalzone
23rd September 2009, 05:17
I think that Dario is the all-around most talented of these 3, but it's a bit of a tossup. Equipment-wise, I'd give Briscoe the slight edge. But my money is on Dixon at Homestead. Remember the first race of 2008? I see Briscoe getting no worse than 2nd or 3rd, but I think it will be between Dario and Dixon for the Championship unless some fluke strategies or yellows play out. Personally, I hope that Dario gets it.

redmist
23rd September 2009, 05:47
best pure talent? dario. penske is still the team to beat though. so i guess this means that dixon will win the title. ;)

F1boat
23rd September 2009, 06:32
Dixon is the best, from the contenders I support Dario and from all Indy drivers I am a fan of Dan Wheldon.

AussieV8
23rd September 2009, 07:19
I reckon Briscoe blew it with that crash at Japan. IMHO he needed a points lead going into Homestead. Therefore I reckon it will be a tossup between Dario and Dixon. Ganassi have been just that little bit stronger on ovals this year than Penske

garyshell
23rd September 2009, 07:29
penske is still the team to beat though. so i guess this means that dixon will win the title. ;)

Huh?

Gary

redmist
23rd September 2009, 20:10
Huh?

Gary

it was tounge in cheek. i said dario was the best driver, penske the best team, therefore dixon will win the title. i was making light of my awesome prognostication skills that always seem to bite me in the ass. ;) get it now?

SarahFan
23rd September 2009, 20:17
Huh?

Gary

do you even finish reading before you question

garyshell
23rd September 2009, 20:52
it was tounge in cheek. i said dario was the best driver, penske the best team, therefore dixon will win the title. i was making light of my awesome prognostication skills that always seem to bite me in the ass. ;) get it now?

Yep, perfectly clear. Sounds like we have the same skills when it comes to picks.

Gary

garyshell
23rd September 2009, 20:54
do you even finish reading before you question

<Steve Martin voice mode on>

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeee.

<Steve Martin voice mode off>

Gary

maxmach
23rd September 2009, 21:28
Frankitti for sure because I like him a bit more then the others.

underpowered
25th September 2009, 06:16
Dixon. He has been in the hunt for the championship for 3 years and it's hard not to back him....he is cool under pressure.

bravefish
25th September 2009, 09:20
Scott to win the championship. If its mostly a green flag race he'll win it. If theres lots of yellows it will play into Briscoe's hands with Penskes uncanny ability to get their cars to the front. Dario hasnt been that strong on the 1.5 mile ovals this year.

Of course Helio could throw a spanner in the works yet...

garyshell
25th September 2009, 16:38
Of course Helio could throw a spanner in the works yet...

Or a piece of padding onto the track to bring out a debris yellow, ala NASCAB. ...big ol' grin...

Gary