PDA

View Full Version : A flying F Vee

Easy Drifter
22nd September 2009, 02:00
I am not sure where to post this but here seems as good as any.
A Formula Vee at Mosport this weekend cleared the tire wall in turn one and JUST got caught by a rear wheel on the high debris fence. It ended up hanging by one rear wheel on the spectator side of the fence, although a few yards from the spectator fence.
To see pictures go to www.casc.on.ca/forums (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums) and look in the road race section for the BEMC race. There are at least two sets of pictures. There might be more posted by now.
Driver OK and car was raceable next day but medical staff said no. (Possible concussion.)

Mark in Oshawa
22nd September 2009, 23:31
The only pic I saw says to me you couldn't duplicate that again if you tried. Weird....and Vee's go so dang slow, I am surprised he had that level of momentum when he got across the gravel trap.

Easy Drifter
23rd September 2009, 01:58
There are quite a few now posted on the CASC site by various photographers but all are after the fact. I guess none of the Vee drivers had video cameras going.
Apparently he launched over another Vee.
I did not go this weekend (blew the budget at the ALMS race despite a pass) but would have probably been at 3 anyway, although I just might have watched at 2. Still would have been quite a distance.