PDA

View Full Version : USF1's Drivers

Saint Devote
21st September 2009, 00:25
It is exciting to think that in the fifth race from now there will be a team from the United States and once again a driver from the US in f1 because this can only help hasten a grand prix.

And Bernie we know is looking at two venues - not Indianapolis thank goodness - to hold a GP maybe by 2012.

When Team USF1 - I hope they choose a really superb name for their car - enter at Albert Park there will also be an American driver on the grid.

What are the selections available?

Looking down the list of American drivers there are only two that stand out as possibilities.

For me Johnathan Summerton has to be the first choice. He has European experience and is doing well in Atlantics.

Second choice but not immediately is Josef Newgarten. He is doing what he has to and winning in FF in Britain so a move to f3 should be coming. Definitely someone to watch.

I think USF1 would jump at the chance to have Rubens Barrichello in their team as the experienced driver in the team.

If Barrichello wins the championship I am sure Brawn will retain him although.....

So my pick based on Jenson winning are Barrichello and Summerton as the USF1 drivers in 2010 :D

gloomyDAY
21st September 2009, 01:23
How many of these threads are you going to start? :mad:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134227&highlight=USF1

Saint Devote
21st September 2009, 03:24
How many of these threads are you going to start? :mad:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134227&highlight=USF1

I think it is interesting to gauge who everyone thinks is going to be in the seats in the first team from the United States since America's greatest racing team, Penske.

When USF1 enters the sport it will be a historical moment. I guess you have no interest in that.

gloomyDAY
21st September 2009, 03:30
Are you in a straight jacket?

You made TWO threads of the exact same content.
Don't get touchy with me if you can't bump an old thread.