PDA

View Full Version : felipe is helping Barrichello in his bid to win the title

ioan
16th September 2009, 15:56
A very nice gesture IMO.

"You know how I will prepare for Singapore? I will go sleep every night at Felipe Massa's place," Barrichello was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I had been at his home before Valencia and he explained to me how to deal with that track where he dominated last year. And then I won. He also flew at Singapore, so I want him to tell me how he did it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78657

keysersoze
16th September 2009, 19:00
His choice of phrasing there was a bit, um, different. :eek:

Care to try that again, Rubens?

Dzeidzei
16th September 2009, 19:30
His choice of phrasing there was a bit, um, different. :eek:

Care to try that again, Rubens?

What is it with Brazilian drivers? First Nelson junior, now Felipe and Rubinho?

ioan
16th September 2009, 19:38
Felipe and Rubinho are married with kids (soon for Felipe too).
But maybe they are less homophobes than fousto?! ;)

keysersoze
16th September 2009, 20:42

Now you know married with kids don't mean diddley. :D

driveace
16th September 2009, 21:26
Long before he came into F1,I saw Rubens at Silverstone,maybe he was doing Formule3.He had an Opel Omega I am sure that was dark green and Swiss registered

Roamy
17th September 2009, 00:31

Who you calling a homophobe eh "Thumb Dick" :eek: :p

CNR
17th September 2009, 00:53
http://www.formulaf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/77543.jpg

Barrichello revealed he had already used Massa's advice to win the European Grand Prix at Valencia, and he will resort to the Ferrari driver's expertise again to try and conquer the Singapore Grand Prix.

V12
17th September 2009, 01:46
Personally I'm just glad, if this story is true, that Felipe obviously has his mind in gear and firmly on the sport and it bodes well for his return sooner (2010) rather than later (never). And I say this as someone supporting Button.

ioan
17th September 2009, 09:59
Who you calling a homophobe eh "Thumb Dick" :eek: :p

Who do you think I'm calling a homophobe eh? :p

CaptainRaiden
19th September 2009, 05:54
Well, a little late, don't ya think. He should've slept with, I mean AT Massa's house in the first half of the season, maybe he'd be leading the WC by now. ;)

Anyway, Rubens winning the WC would make for a much better story for this year than Button winning it.

ClarkFan
19th September 2009, 23:15
A very nice gesture IMO.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78657

An easy explanation exists for what is going on here. Due to serious experiments in motoring black magic, in about 1970 Brazilian Grand Prix Mojo came into existence. The first beneficiary was Emerson Fittipaldi. When Fittipald's career was winding down, he passed the mojo on to Nelson Piquet. At the ceremony to celebrate the 1987 WDC, Piquet left the mojo unattended, and it was taken by Ayrton Senna. Senna's death weakened the mojo, but what was left was passed on to Rubens, who left it for Felipe when Rubens left Ferrari.

The mojo has been gradually rejuvenated by elaborate ceremonies and was nearly enough to help Felipe win last year. Rubens now needs use of it for a few races, which is why he is going to Felipe's house.

Simple enough, really, when you know what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5izCf2DLI

ClarkFan

ioan
19th September 2009, 23:29
An easy explanation exists for what is going on here. Due to serious experiments in motoring black magic, in about 1970 Brazilian Grand Prix Mojo came into existence. The first beneficiary was Emerson Fittipaldi. When Fittipald's career was winding down, he passed the mojo on to Nelson Piquet. At the ceremony to celebrate the 1987 WDC, Piquet left the mojo unattended, and it was taken by Ayrton Senna. Senna's death weakened the mojo, but what was left was passed on to Rubens, who left it for Felipe when Rubens left Ferrari.

The mojo has been gradually rejuvenated by elaborate ceremonies and was nearly enough to help Felipe win last year. Rubens now needs use of it for a few races, which is why he is going to Felipe's house.

Simple enough, really, when you know what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5izCf2DLI

ClarkFan

You certainly don't lack imagination! ;)

Saint Devote
20th September 2009, 15:10
Well, a little late, don't ya think. He should've slept with, I mean AT Massa's house in the first half of the season, maybe he'd be leading the WC by now. ;)

Anyway, Rubens winning the WC would make for a much better story for this year than Button winning it.

Naturally as a member of Jenson's Barmy Army I disagree with you - we have been waiting for YEARS not only for BunSen [Valve Bounce :) ] to win more grands prix but show what he can do in a competitive car.

Barrichello had his chance at Ferrari with good cars and showed that he is able to beat Schumacher in races - when allowed to.

The great story of this season is the Brawn TEAM! In fact it is the greatest story f1 has produced for a long time including drivers that many had dismissed - and I did dismiss Barrichello until they fixed his brake problems - now he is a pain the arse for Jenson supporters - but a very sublime one :)

Can't wait for an authoritative book with lots of great photos PLEASE!!!!!

I cant imagine how any real racing fan could not fall in love with the Brawn team this year regardless of alliance........! :D

The last time I enjoyed a season THIS much was when "Noige" was winning and I went to see him win quite a few times that year!

I just hope the ending is AS fairy tale!!!!

CaptainRaiden
21st September 2009, 08:26
Naturally as a member of Jenson's Barmy Army I disagree with you - we have been waiting for YEARS not only for BunSen [Valve Bounce :) ] to win more grands prix but show what he can do in a competitive car.

Barrichello had his chance at Ferrari with good cars and showed that he is able to beat Schumacher in races - when allowed to.

The great story of this season is the Brawn TEAM! In fact it is the greatest story f1 has produced for a long time including drivers that many had dismissed - and I did dismiss Barrichello until they fixed his brake problems - now he is a pain the arse for Jenson supporters - but a very sublime one :)

Can't wait for an authoritative book with lots of great photos PLEASE!!!!!

I cant imagine how any real racing fan could not fall in love with the Brawn team this year regardless of alliance........! :D

The last time I enjoyed a season THIS much was when "Noige" was winning and I went to see him win quite a few times that year!

I just hope the ending is AS fairy tale!!!!

Right. I think it would be a better story, because:

1. Rubens is the oldest guy on the grid, driving for a privateer team, which should have been named Lazarus, instead of Brawn.

2. For the first part of the season, he was the underdog getting beaten by Bunsen. Then he found form, worked hard, started winning races and is going for the gold. (The perfect script for an underdog action movie!!)

3. The Barmy Army can be patient and wait another year. Jenson is still young, like 29 or 30? ;)