PDA

View Full Version : Danica under a roof?

colinspooky
6th September 2009, 11:32
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/nationwide/news/story?id=4449524

Well...... ;)

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Danica Patrick (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=1&driverId=697) will "all but certainly" be in NASCAR in 2010, but won't give up Indy car racing and will limit next year's activity to the Nationwide Series and Trucks, according to a source very close to the situation.
Tony Stewart (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=2&driverId=149) is the "star candidate" to be her partner and mentor in NASCAR, the source said, adding that Patrick's recent visits to Stewart-Haas Racing were much more than social -- that she and Stewart were discussing a deal, and are close to one.
"I can pretty much guarantee at some point she's going to be over here," Stewart told reporters Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, meaning NASCAR in general and hinting at something the source confirmed and clarified.

Wade91
6th September 2009, 15:56
she will probably bring alot of extra popularity to nascar just like she has indycar, i dont think she will have any trouble getting a sponser,

i think shes doing the right thing maybe trying to ease into nascar and not leaving indycar right away, becouse unlike Dario Franchitti she i guess probalby wont be with a team who is also in indycar, and can put her back in indycar at any time

Lee Roy
6th September 2009, 16:55
she will probably bring alot of extra popularity to nascar just like she has indycar . . . . .

What popularity. Hardly anyone knows that the IRL exists anymore. The IRL is a complete and utter joke.

harvick#1
6th September 2009, 17:03
have to agree with Lee Roy, I dont see the tracks sold out from "Danicamania" and the ratings sure aren't up form her neither.

I would give her one season in Nascar and thats being nice.

I don't think she knows how to use a brake pedal neither

Wade91
6th September 2009, 17:22
What popularity. Hardly anyone knows that the IRL exists anymore. The IRL is a complete and utter joke.
the IRL is a little more well known thanks to Danica, i've seen her on some celbrity websites, so i sopose most everybody knows Danica even if they dont know anything about the IRL

Jag_Warrior
6th September 2009, 19:34
OK, now here's the deal. We expect you NASCAR folks to treat the little princess as only a princess should be treated. She has a lot of knowledge in that great big head of hers. True, she's never driven a stock car in her life. But that doesn't matter. She can show any driver out there how to sell more t-shirts. And she can show any driver out there how to act tough, while knowing that they can't back it up. After about 2 years in NASCAR, Danica will be the most popular driver out there, and she'll have maybe one Top 20 to her credit - but she'll be said to be "always a threat to win."

The hell known as DanicaMania is about to hit you folks. God bless ya. But it sounds like she's already gotten in Tony Stewart's head (I hope it was just his head) and he's drinking the Kool-Aid.

People, come on now, we all know this is going to be hella FUN! The world is too serious a place. But The Danica is going to bring The Funny to NASCAR racing. And she's going to bring it hard!!! But I've got 20 bucks that says that Delana Harvick knocks Danica out with one punch before the end of her first full season. :rotflmao:

harvick#1
6th September 2009, 19:45
the IRL is a little more well known thanks to Danica, i've seen her on some celbrity websites, so i sopose most everybody knows Danica even if they dont know anything about the IRL

THe IRL is more known from Helio, The IRL was there before Danica and they were doing just as good, people tuned in when she was a hit, now 4 years later and all they see is The Brand prissing on TV and only getting 10th place finishes.

I can't wait to see her try Bristol or Martinsville and get rocked by everyone. shes gonna see first hand that the Nascar drivers are not afraid to bump people out of the way when the time is needed. shes gonna be on major moving chicane when she races

Sonic
6th September 2009, 20:10
Aww bless her. Little Danica thinks she can cut it in NASCAR.

If JPM (IMO one of the most tallented drivers to ever sit at the wheel of a race car) has taken 3 years to get anywhere near the chase then how the hell does a swimsuit model with a single race win to her credit expect to get anywhere?

Jag_Warrior
6th September 2009, 20:17
If JPM (IMO one of the most tallented drivers to ever sit at the wheel of a race car) has taken 3 years to get anywhere near the chase then how the hell does a swimsuit model with a single race win to her credit expect to get anywhere?

Because she is The Danica!!! Hear her today and believe her tomorrow, but The Danica is all that and a bag of chips. Just ask her... she'll tell ya!

This is the same person who believed up until a few weeks ago that she could just jump straight from an IRL car to a Sprint Cup car. Why? Because she is The Danica... and she's just awesome like that! You non-believers and doubters will see! The Danica for_the_win!

Hey, I'll see some of you folks at some NASCAR Nationwide or Truck series races next year. If I lose my breath when I start laughing, I carry an inhaler during allergy season. Don't let me die before the end of the race, OK? Oh, this is going to be one helluva knee slapper! :D

harvick#1
6th September 2009, 20:31
your too much Nascar_warrior :p :

Sonic
6th September 2009, 20:33
Because she is The Danica!!! :D

Ahhhh The Danica. Now I get it! :D

beachgirl
7th September 2009, 17:31
I can't wait to see her try Bristol or Martinsville and get rocked by everyone. shes gonna see first hand that the Nascar drivers are not afraid to bump people out of the way when the time is needed. shes gonna be on major moving chicane when she races

The Milka Duno of NASCAR?

Sparky1329
7th September 2009, 20:50
Oh, this should be fun. :D

Lee Roy
9th September 2009, 20:02
http://www.indystar.com/article/20090909/SPORTS15/909090353/1052/SPORTS01/IRL+can+t+survive+a+Danica+defection

More info.

Jag_Warrior
10th September 2009, 07:31
BOB KRAVITZ
But Tony Stewart did it. Juan Pablo Montoya did it. Sam Hornish Jr. is slowly improving. People make it sound like she's wrestling alligators. She's fitter than most of the men out there. This just in: Stewart is not exactly a beacon of fitness.

Ol' Bob seems to have a lot of faith in Danica being able to pull this off... just because she's supposedly fit and determined. Pointing out what Tony Stewart, Juan Montoya and Sam Hornish did seems a bit odd... since each of the three had more championships before coming to NASCAR than Danica has professional auto racing wins. Let's be honest. Danica has more in common with Buckshot Jones than she does Stewart, Montoya or even Hornish.

If Bob doesn't understand at least that much, I have to wonder how much he knows about racing in general. As for whether the IRL can make it without The Danica... I also wonder where things will stand for her if The Danica goes back to being just plain old Danica if (when ;) ) she flops.

NickFalzone
11th September 2009, 06:00
Although I follow the IRL a lot more online than NASCAR, I still watch most NASCAR races each season, almost all Cup and a good 50% of the Truck and Nationwide races. Going to NASCAR.com now, I'm starting to get worried that the Danica hype that permeated the IRL for awhile (died down somewhat until these contract talks came up) is going to hit NASCAR. It would be depressing if the same crap is pulled during the broadcasts, with the booth announcers and cameramen regularly going to the 31st position or whatever she's in numerous times each broadcast, and doing that well into the calendar year regardless of her on track performance. Plus endless pre race/post race interviews and discussions about how she's doing. That IMO would be an unpleasant addition to the show that, if it's like it is in the IRL, would be difficult to tune out.

beachgirl
11th September 2009, 12:58
Although I follow the IRL a lot more online than NASCAR, I still watch most NASCAR races each season, almost all Cup and a good 50% of the Truck and Nationwide races. Going to NASCAR.com now, I'm starting to get worried that the Danica hype that permeated the IRL for awhile (died down somewhat until these contract talks came up) is going to hit NASCAR. It would be depressing if the same crap is pulled during the broadcasts, with the booth announcers and cameramen regularly going to the 31st position or whatever she's in numerous times each broadcast, and doing that well into the calendar year regardless of her on track performance. Plus endless pre race/post race interviews and discussions about how she's doing. That IMO would be an unpleasant addition to the show that, if it's like it is in the IRL, would be difficult to tune out.

You learn to speed-mute. And wear out the "Mute" button on a few remotes.

Between DP and the drooling media, my enjoyment of a sport I love (all forms, 2 and 4 wheeled) with all my heart has been almost ruined. As one blogger might say, my viewing has NOT been enhanced in the past 5 years.

Lee Roy
11th September 2009, 14:41
Unlike in Indycar, she would actually have to QUALIFY for a NASCAR race. I doubt we'd see much of her.

nigelred5
11th September 2009, 18:17
I suppose that depends on what number car she climbs into.

Lee Roy
11th September 2009, 20:44
I suppose that depends on what number car she climbs into.

That's true, but if she does wind up in a "top 35" car, she'll have to maintain it in the top 35, which isn't all that easy as some have found.

Scheckterfan54
13th September 2009, 01:24
Funny Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TtWasvuH2Y

Jag_Warrior
13th September 2009, 03:05
^^^ One of the funniest things I have EVER seen!!! :up: :rotflmao:

Mark in Oshawa
15th September 2009, 22:33
OK, now here's the deal. We expect you NASCAR folks to treat the little princess as only a princess should be treated. She has a lot of knowledge in that great big head of hers. True, she's never driven a stock car in her life. But that doesn't matter. She can show any driver out there how to sell more t-shirts. And she can show any driver out there how to act tough, while knowing that they can't back it up. After about 2 years in NASCAR, Danica will be the most popular driver out there, and she'll have maybe one Top 20 to her credit - but she'll be said to be "always a threat to win."

The hell known as DanicaMania is about to hit you folks. God bless ya. But it sounds like she's already gotten in Tony Stewart's head (I hope it was just his head) and he's drinking the Kool-Aid.

People, come on now, we all know this is going to be hella FUN! The world is too serious a place. But The Danica is going to bring The Funny to NASCAR racing. And she's going to bring it hard!!! But I've got 20 bucks that says that Delana Harvick knocks Danica out with one punch before the end of her first full season. :rotflmao:

Cannot disagree with you.

Danica is all hype, no real substance. Yes, she can drive an Indycar fast by herself, and occasionally eke out a top 5 at Indy or some other track where you just hold the gas down, but NASCAR will be her undoing.

As for that idiot columnist, he can knock Tony's fitness all he wants, but Tony gets results. Danica? Nothing.......one win on fuel mileage doesn't really say she is the real deal....

harvick#1
15th September 2009, 23:10
I dont believe Bob is a bright columnist,

He rips on the guys for their fitness, well I'm sure Tony is still more fit than Danica. and also the guys he mentions are extremely talented and have won championships like Jag said, Danica, she won A fuel milage race.

The IRL will survive without her for 2 years, and then she'll come crawling back when she still never started 1 Sprint Cup race. IMO, she will not have the results to compete as she'll be lucky to finish 10th in the best equipment in ARCA, let alone a top 20 in the best Equipment in the Nationwide Series.

She maybe out faster than Jaques V.

I dont know if Danica can handle pressing the brake pedal as they never use it except for road course in the IRL, and to get to pit road, and there is no pit-road limiter neither for her

wheres the Kool aid

Roamy
16th September 2009, 09:43
Danica has one advantage in Nascar - She can always get in the "back seat"

Lee Roy
16th September 2009, 13:06
Originally Posted by
BOB KRAVITZ
But Tony Stewart did it. Juan Pablo Montoya did it. Sam Hornish Jr. is slowly improving. People make it sound like she's wrestling alligators. She's fitter than most of the men out there. This just in: Stewart is not exactly a beacon of fitness.

I guess when you drive full time in Sprint Cup with 38 race weekends in a year, as well as driving in some Nationwide races, run your own 2 car Sprint Cup team; own and promote race tracks, own several other race teams, run your own charitable foudation, promote one of the biggest annual special events in racing (the Prelude), and other things I probably don't know about; it doesn't leave much time to spend in the gym or fuss about your diet.

But I guess if all Tony had to do in a year was drive in a dozen and a half Indy Car races and let people take pictures of him without his clothes on like Danicle, or type up a few pages on a word processor like Kravitz, he could spend a lot more time on fitness and diet.

Lee Roy
16th September 2009, 13:08
The IRL will survive without her for 2 years . . . .

I'm betting that the IRL won't answer the bell next year.

colinspooky
16th September 2009, 16:08
Well, I can't wait for Darrell Waltrip's race-start chant ----

"Giggity, Giggity, Giggity - let's go rack-spotting, boys"

:eek:

Jag_Warrior
16th September 2009, 20:17
I just want to see the pre-race interview with the pit crews in and around Danica's NASCAR or ARCA pit. When the driver who has had more pitroad incidents than any other that I can think of in the IRL, is going to be heading toward them at 60mph... yeah, I want to se their faces when they realize that!

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/scared.jpg

colinspooky
25th September 2009, 15:52
woo x2

Danica Patrick agreed to a three-year contract to remain at Andretti Green Racing and stay in the IndyCar Series, according to a report in the Indianapolis Star.
Patrick, the first woman to win a major open-wheel race in last year's Indy Japan, is finishing her fifth season in the IndyCar series and is fifth in points. She's been rumored to be considering a move to NASCAR and still could compete in a limited number of races.
Jeff Belskus, the president and CEO of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, said the 27-year-old driver is important to the future of the series.
"I know she has said winning the Indianapolis 500 is important to her and that it's a lifelong dream to win that race," Belskus said at the Indy Japan 300.
Patrick finished sixth at this year's Indy Japan, which was won by Scott Dixon.
NASCAR star Tony Stewart said this month that he has no doubts that Patrick will eventually make the jump to stock cars. They've talked frequently about what it would take for Patrick to go form open-wheel racing to the heavier cars.
"I just know that she's excited about this and making this change," Stewart said before a race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. "I can pretty much guarantee at some point she's going to be over here."
Stewart made the same jump himself more than a decade ago, leaving the IRL for a more lucrative deal in NASCAR. He's become something on a mentor to Patrick, who visited his racing shop and talked with him at sponsor appearances.
"She's looked me straight in the eye and said, 'Hey, this is what I want to do. It looks like fun. It looks like a lot of work, but it looks like fun,'" Stewart said.
Stewart told reporters at last week's Sprint Cup race in New Hampshire that he has "not made an offer" to Patrick for a deal with Stewart-Haas Racing.

colinspooky
9th October 2009, 16:21
nice cash if you can get it - suspect she won't - rumours are such fun

Oct 09, 2009 8:11 am EDT

Danica Patrick wants $8 million for eight races?
By Mark Miller

Danica Patrick is supposedly asking for a lot of cash to race eight NASCAR races next season, according to ESPN Insider.

After an exhaustive process of meeting with a bunch of teams at their garages in North Carolina in August, she has been supposedly talking to Hendrick Motorsports about racing a few NASCAR events for them next year in addition to her full schedule in the IndyCar Racing League.

The rumor is that she wants $8 million to drive in eight Nationwide races next season. It's not likely any team is going to pony up that kind of dough unless a sponsor really wants to throw in the dinero to see her wearing their logo.

Source: ESPN Insider

colinspooky
9th October 2009, 16:59
hmm that was weird - sorry about all the crap around the wording of that - not sure why that happeend.
:mad:

Mark in Oshawa
10th October 2009, 00:52
I am eagerly awaiting the Princesses arrival in NASCAR. It will be fun watching the boys push her around and she wont be able to stomp on down there and waggle her finger at them. In short, she will be exposed.....and not in the way most guys would like....