Allyc85
3rd September 2009, 16:30
27 March International Rally North Wales Welshpool
23/24 April Pirelli International Rally Carlisle
28/29 May Jim Clark International Rally Kelso
9/10 July Isle of Man International Rally Douglas
20/21 August International Rally Northern Ireland Antrim
25 September International Rally Yorkshire Pickering

Not really a British championship is it? More like an "Up north and Over Seas" Championship....

Audimadgeoff
3rd September 2009, 21:08
It has a welsh event (in my backgarden too!), a north england, scottish, manx, irish and yorkshire round... can't get much more country wide than that!

Allyc85
3rd September 2009, 21:10
How about the south....

Audimadgeoff
3rd September 2009, 21:12
How about the south....

6 events, all worthy of BRC status - what would your selection be?

(Although I must admit I'm not sure the Trackrod is BRC material!)

MrJan
4th September 2009, 11:17
It does annoy me that we have a British Championship that I won't get to see without travelling for at least 4 hours

Langdale Forest
4th September 2009, 11:27

Why is it not?

It was better when it was two days but the good thing about it now is that you can see all the classes of cars on one stage, but when marshalling for one stage it seems like there is four stages because all the classes are run with gaps in betweeen. :confused:

Langdale Forest
4th September 2009, 11:30
It does annoy me that we have a British Championship that I won't get to see without travelling for at least 4 hours

Only half an hour away from here to the Trackrod. :D

lcd
4th September 2009, 13:33
27 March International Rally North Wales Welshpool
23/24 April Pirelli International Rally Carlisle
28/29 May Jim Clark International Rally Kelso
9/10 July Isle of Man International Rally Douglas
20/21 August International Rally Northern Ireland Antrim
25 September International Rally Yorkshire Pickering...

I wish I could spectate all of them..!!! :p :

MrJan
4th September 2009, 14:54
Only half an hour away from here to the Trackrod. :D

Doesn't quite make up for living in Yorkshire though :p : :D ;)

Allyc85
4th September 2009, 17:05

Those 6 are all worthy of inclusion buty I just feel that there should be an event in the south like the Sunseeker. The Somerset stages would be more ideal for me travel wise but thats just being lazy lol.

AndyRAC
6th September 2009, 16:36
Another question, are the events really long enough, for an International Championship? It's not that long ago most of them were 2 days.

sal
6th September 2009, 21:17
Looking back over the years the BRC in it's many incarnations has been pretty static regarding the events included. Yes the events are pale imitations of their former selves but so are most rallies these days. I think the geographic split is just about right compared to say the MSA Gravel series and BTRDA which are quite Wales/Sth England biased.

Ironically in the year of Foot and Mouth the Formula Rally S1600 series ran several events "darn sarth" including one in Kent if my memory serves me right.

And as much as Rick Smith deserves a medal for promoting the arse off the Sunseeker it's obviously failed to make the grade as far as the BRC is concerned otherwise it would have been in by now.

Interesting that you think the Trackrod shouldn't be a BRC round Mr Mayes, would you care to share your opinions with us or is it too close to accreditation time for the event?!

MrJan
7th September 2009, 09:34
Sunseeker is the best option that we have but I don't think it is long enough, certainly many of the stages seem to be a bit limp.

And it's definitely not split right, draw a line through the middle of the UK and pretty much all of the events will be above it.

AndyRAC
7th September 2009, 11:12
Sunseeker is the best option that we have but I don't think it is long enough, certainly many of the stages seem to be a bit limp.

And it's definitely not split right, draw a line through the middle of the UK and pretty much all of the events will be above it.

The Sunseeker is the best supported, promoted event in the UK National calendar. It's a pity that the stages aren't really International standard, as it would be in. However, in my opinion, every BRC round should be like the Sunseeker.

MrJan
7th September 2009, 14:59
The Sunseeker is the best supported, promoted event in the UK National calendar. It's a pity that the stages aren't really International standard, as it would be in. However, in my opinion, every BRC round should be like the Sunseeker.

There is no doubt that it's well put together, good Rally Radio, accesible stages for diehards and promotion for daytrippers but sadly the area just doesn't have the sort of tracks required for a substantial rally. It's certainly a format which others should take cues from, just a real pity that the area doesn't have the forestry tracks to go with the organisation :(