PDA

View Full Version : Fisichella confirmed as Ferrari 2nd driver !

ArrowsFA1
3rd September 2009, 14:53
Giancarlo Fisichella will be the second Ferrari driver from the Italian Grand Prix after he was released by his Force India team on Thursday.

Following days of speculation about who would line up alongside Kimi Raikkonen now that Felipe Massa is out for the season, Force India confirmed that Fisichella would switch teams from the Italian Grand Prix.

The switch of Fisichella comes on the back of his impressive second placed finish at the Belgian Grand Prix for the Silverstone-based team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78280

ClarkFan
3rd September 2009, 14:54
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78280
Well, that would definitely ioan's $/driver swap theory....

ClarkFan

Alfica
3rd September 2009, 15:12
They don't have a reverse gear either but you wouldn't know judging from his last two GPs because I swear he was going backwards...

Eh, they do have a reverse gear, mate. ;) It's written in the rules.

ClarkFan
3rd September 2009, 15:15
Eh, they do have a reverse gear, mate. ;) It's written in the rules.

Well, that it explains it all, then....... :D

ClarkFan

ioan
3rd September 2009, 15:21
Good. Finally we get a fast driver in that seat again.

Knock-on
3rd September 2009, 15:49
This is very interesting.

Some people really rate Fisi but how will he compare to Kimi.

He's up to speed in the FI and looks to be driving well. He should be up to speed after a dozen or so laps and within a 10th come qualifying if he's as good as all that shouldn't he.

I am evil Homer
3rd September 2009, 16:03
Well now's the time - and the last chance - for the critics to be answered. He'll have the car underneath him, he knows the tracks, he's in good form.

Alfica
3rd September 2009, 16:05
So that mean that Liuzzi will race for Force India, right? Anyway, good to see Fisi in Ferrari.. It'll be interesting to see how good will he be compared to Kimi.

jimakos
3rd September 2009, 16:12
Great news!!
Kimi and Fisi are both fast drivers and can make only good in Ferrari!!!

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 16:16
Good. Finally we get a fast driver in that seat again.Amen brother!

DexDexter
3rd September 2009, 16:17
Well now's the time - and the last chance - for the critics to be answered. He'll have the car underneath him, he knows the tracks, he's in good form.

He's had a championship winning car in the past and couldn't deliver. But Fisi is a fast driver on his day. Let's remember that Kovy beat him at Renault in his rookie year, and how good is Kovy?

gloomyDAY
3rd September 2009, 16:17
Wahoo! Too bad I'll miss the race next weekend.

jimakos
3rd September 2009, 16:19
Wahoo! Too bad I'll miss the race next weekend.

Really bad news mate!
Monza is always spectacular...

gloomyDAY
3rd September 2009, 16:25
Really bad news mate!
Monza is always spectacular... :( I know.

I'm going to Las Vegas, so not that sad.

jimakos
3rd September 2009, 16:27
:( I know.

To Las Vegas :confused:
And you are sad??

pino
3rd September 2009, 16:33
Great news, now all of Italy will dream an italian win on a Ferrari at Monza :s mokin: :D

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 16:46
Great news, now all of Italy will dream an italian win on a Ferrari at Monza :s mokin: :D

The only Italian thing, other than the car that has a chance of a
win at Monza is the Italian Tricolor painted on Kimi's F60! Pianisi-no ;) :s mokin:
:rotflmao:
Maybe you are willing to put a sig bet on it?

Oli_M
3rd September 2009, 16:55
http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5536168,00.html

Interestingly also confirms him as the reserve driver for Ferrari for 2010. So perhaps this is Fisi's last 5 races as it seems unlikely he'll be racing full time next year?

UltimateDanGTR
3rd September 2009, 17:26
the italians must be rejoicing! and good for them, i cant wait to see how good fisi is compared to kimi, will be very interesting indeed. now the biggy-who's for the force india seat for the rest of this year? my bets on Piquet jnr for some reason, anyone else?

pino
3rd September 2009, 17:31

Are you ok ? how can you compare Vegas with...Monza ? :crazy: :p :

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 17:44

News Flash----They have cable in Las Vegas.
So you watch the race in Vegas instead of the Inland Empire WTF Over :confused:
Earth to gloomyday;
Houston is negative on a malfunction! :s mokin:

N. Jones
3rd September 2009, 17:49
http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5536168,00.html

Interestingly also confirms him as the reserve driver for Ferrari for 2010. So perhaps this is Fisi's last 5 races as it seems unlikely he'll be racing full time next year?
I was just about to mention that - he will be the reserve driver for 2010? Does that mean he feels he is "going out in style" by finishing his career at Ferrari.
All the best to him as I think he will surprise.

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 18:01
I was just about to mention that - he will be the reserve driver for 2010? Does that mean he feels he is "going out in style" by finishing his career at Ferrari.
All the best to him as I think he will surprise.I think he will surprise also!
Just when FM is ready to drive fish-wrap will have him whacked :uhoh:

Felicitaciones a los pescados envueltos! :s mokin:

ioan
3rd September 2009, 18:01

He already silenced his critics last week end, IMO.

ioan
3rd September 2009, 18:02

There's no television over there or what?!

ioan
3rd September 2009, 18:03
now the biggy-who's for the force india seat for the rest of this year? my bets on Piquet jnr for some reason, anyone else?

Liuzzi.

I am evil Homer
3rd September 2009, 18:23

To a degree, yes. But what about the rest of this season? He showed flashes at Renault but resulted in some very average performances. The car has obviously come good but now he's in a Ferrari, with KERS at Monza.

And I say this as a Fisi fan over the years since his Jordan days.

VkmSpouge
3rd September 2009, 18:25
I hope Giancarlo Fisichella does a good job at Ferrari, he seemed to have the measure of Kimi Raikkonen last weekend.

jimakos
3rd September 2009, 18:27
To a degree, yes. But what about the rest of this season? He showed flashes at Renault but resulted in some very average performances. The car has obviously come good but now he's in a Ferrari, with KERS at Monza.

Agree with you Homer!
No more words only results!
His car is fantastic,Kers give him a good advantage and he is bloody competitive this time?
What more he needs?
I don't judge him just saying he must take points more easy now!!!

keysersoze
3rd September 2009, 18:56
So is it reasonable to expect Giancarlo to be at the car's limit the very first weekend?

I have mixed emotions about this move, primarily because the Force India package is finally coming good, and Fisi is now making the most of it. Sutil has been doing a great job as well, and in a rare weekend was comprehensively beaten by GF.

I'm not sure if this change will make for a better result for the Italian, and think it may be a largely emotional decision. Then again, over the course of the season the Ferrari has been quicker.

keysersoze
3rd September 2009, 19:41
So, if Domenicali is true to his word, then I suppose both Gene and Badoer are gone at the end of the season to make way for a young development driver, since Fisi is now the official "stand-in" and test driver.

Dzeidzei
3rd September 2009, 19:41
I guess we can now think about the difference of Fisi and Kimi and the question follows: how much off Kimis pace will Fisi be at Monza? How much is acceptable? Hw much is a good result for him?

Just as a reminder: he has no experience with kers, he´s certainly not another Badoer but he´s not Felipe either.

My pick is just under five tenths. 0.2 or 0.3 would be fine.

truefan72
3rd September 2009, 20:29
Good for Fisi, I didn't know that he also will become their reserve driver for 2010, so this seems to be a proper deal and not just a stand in thing. I'm not sure liuzzi is an automatic shoe in for them. I think if he were he would have been announced immediately.

N. Jones
3rd September 2009, 20:37

I think he will be very motivated in the Ferrari. I'm talking podium, even possibly a win because he has finally realized his dream.

keysersoze
3rd September 2009, 20:59
I think he will be very motivated in the Ferrari. I'm talking podium, even possibly a win because he has finally realized his dream.

I know it's not the same situation, but about 20 years ago my tennis hero Mats Wilander finally won the U.S. Open, beating Ivan Lendl, and finally grabbed the number one ranking. It was a goal he had worked toward for years.

After that, for all intents and purposes he gave up, and lost his ranking within a month or two.

Let's hope this move motivates Fisi even more, and gives him that extra bit of pace. He will need it.

jimakos
3rd September 2009, 21:02

Agree with you!
I heard that Ferarri will have 3 cars next year championship!
So much competition...
Welldone for your city Illinois :)

F1boat
3rd September 2009, 21:03
Great news!!
Kimi and Fisi are both fast drivers and can make only good in Ferrari!!!

I agree. May them repeat the Spa performance in Italy :)

Firstgear
3rd September 2009, 21:07
This is a win for everyone involved.

Force India - no longer in debt to Ferrari (I presume)

Ferrari - a second driver that should be able to put it into the points.

Fans - an Italian in a Ferrari.

Fisi - gets to live out his childhood dream. No matter how good the FI car is right now, he had to jump at this opportunity. If not, he'd be looking back at this the rest of his life thinking of "what might have been".

Bernie - an Italian in a Ferrari means.......on second thought, who gives a *?%# about Bernie.

CNR
3rd September 2009, 21:11

will Ferrari let that happen remember mika salo 1999 ?

ioan
3rd September 2009, 22:03
will Ferrari let that happen remember mika salo 1999 ?

I didn't know that Salo was Italian.

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 23:00
Kimi will give the fish-wrap a thorough @$$-whippin'
I wonder If they will give fish-face a new engine.(Not that LB actually drove it hard enough to get it loose).
LdM will make sure GF has a new one. He wants to send Kimi off the way he tried to send Mike off!
Well It ain’t gon’na work this time either. I'm gunning for sig bets.
Talk is cheap. When Kimi gets through with him:
Gian-izzle won't know whether to blink

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/11/snoop_dogg-father-dad.jpg

or go sailizzle-ing!

Giuseppe F1
3rd September 2009, 23:15
http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2009/090903/1252007312.jpg

http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2009/090903/1252007294.jpg

And you know that saying; "Kid in a Candy Shop"..... :

http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2009/090903/1252007302.jpg

:)

Anubis
4th September 2009, 00:13
Spinning things round a bit, given his showing in the Force India at Spa, what happens to Kimi's career prospects if Fisi BEATS him in any of the remaining races? Fisi is going to be about as motivated as it's humanly possible to be, so I don't think it can be ruled out.

penske15
4th September 2009, 00:18
http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2009/090903/1252007312.jpg

http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2009/090903/1252007294.jpg

:)

i'd love to see him go out and win the remaining races.it would certainly make 2010 interesting wouldn't it?

Saint Devote
4th September 2009, 01:14
Nice pictures albeit somewhat surreal........

He may even be competitive.

Think of what it took:
a Schumacher withdrawal.
Badoer being one of the worst [the worst?] performing drivers a works Ferrari has ever had.

It is also the effective end of Fisi's grand prix career. Five more races.

Saint Devote
4th September 2009, 01:19
Are you ok ? how can you compare Vegas with...Monza ? :crazy: :p :

Well said - I also did a double-take when I read that!

Words fail me!!!

Saint Devote
4th September 2009, 01:21
I wonder If they will give fish-face a new engine.(Not that LB actually drove it hard enough to get it loose).
LdM will make sure GF has a new one. He wants to send Kimi off the way he tried to send Mike off!

or go sailizzle-ing!

Why do you have to keep posting these ugly pictures?

Use words only please! This last picture above looks like some sort of drug addict criminal.

Saint Devote
4th September 2009, 01:27
Spinning things round a bit, given his showing in the Force India at Spa, what happens to Kimi's career prospects if Fisi BEATS him in any of the remaining races? Fisi is going to be about as motivated as it's humanly possible to be, so I don't think it can be ruled out.

Fisichella is not going to beat Raikonnen head to head. It will be very impressive if he qualifies within 200ths to 500ths of Kimi.

Motivation is important but he is not on the same ability level that Raikonnen is.

Fisichella may claim all he wants that the difference was KERS - the real difference was the Finnish driver.

ykiki
4th September 2009, 01:32

or go sailizzle-ing!

Gian-izzle.....now THAT'S funny!! :p

gloomyDAY
4th September 2009, 02:12
His smile says it all.

Go get 'em Fisi!

tacksharp
4th September 2009, 03:11
I'm real happy for the dude. Thanks for the pics.

And yeah, with the testing contract it sounds like he sacrificed a possible future race seat (elsewhere) in order to drive 5 races in a Ferrari.

ratonmacias
4th September 2009, 03:19

or go sailizzle-ing!

so what is a thorough a$$ whipping?

is it straight up or should the fish get a handicap?

gloomyDAY
4th September 2009, 03:35
I just can't get over Fisi's smile.
Really hope he can make his home crowd happy.

I'll be in Las Vegas, and yes I know they have televisions, but I'm not going to get up at 5am to watch the F1 race. I'll probably be drunk playing craps. :D

ratonmacias
4th September 2009, 03:47
gloomy just go to cheetahs to stay up until 5 am then go to your hotel to watch the gp.

bonus points if you dont blow all your wad at cheetahs lol.

gloomyDAY
4th September 2009, 04:12
gloomy just go to cheetahs to stay up until 5 am then go to your hotel to watch the gp.

bonus points if you dont blow all your wad at cheetahs lol.I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend too! I'll check Cheetah's out next weekend. Still trying to line up a membership at The Green Door.

Tazio
4th September 2009, 04:54
Why do you have to keep posting these ugly pictures?

Use words only please! This last picture above looks like some sort of drug addict criminal.

I don't give a shizzle :laugh: :arrows:
That will be the day when you give me orders $m@rt-@$$izzle

Tazio
4th September 2009, 05:06
so what is a thorough a$$ whipping?

is it straight up or should the fish get a handicap?
Sanity I see :eek:
I respect you my man!
Here is the question:
If Kimi had been driving the F.I. all season, would it have come as good for him as it did for the fish-wrap?
Or maybe if the roles were reversed Kim would have put his beat-down on GF in a Ferrari.
I hear a lot of praise that may well be hollow(outside of getting F.I's first podium)
I have already congratulated GF for that on this very thread in Italian
Straight bet suckers :s mokin: :burnout:

pino
4th September 2009, 05:20
Tazio, please stop posting pics and video which are not related to F1 ! Thank You.

Tazio
4th September 2009, 05:27
Tazio, please stop posting pics and video which are not related to F1 ! Thank You.You wouldn't want to put that sig up against Ian Anderson, and Tull would you? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :s mokin:izzle

pino
4th September 2009, 05:31
Tazio, I love Jethro Tull and especially Ian Andersson but they've nothing to do with F1 so let's stop it here. And please remember my request because I will not ask that again :)

Tazio
4th September 2009, 05:34
Tazio, I love Jethro Tull and especially Ian Andersson but they've nothing to do with F1 so let's stop it here. And please remember my request because I will not ask that again :) I have no Idea what your talking about :confused: You back on Qualudes? :(

jimakos
4th September 2009, 07:27
Nice photos guys!
It seems Fisi is nice with the red colour :D

leopard
4th September 2009, 07:42
Great if he finally gets the ride, I see him good bloke who can work with everybody in the team with some acceptable talents, that seems to be a Ferrari standard.

TBH his peak performance was when he drove Jordan or Renault, but late is always better than not at all. He's a bit old ;)

ArrowsFA1
4th September 2009, 08:06

Fisi: "Me. In a Ferrari. At Monza" :bounce:

Sonic
4th September 2009, 09:43
Not forgetting the most important thing.....

My FGP team is looking up! Fissi in a Ferrari, that's gotta be worth some BIG points :D

Sonic
4th September 2009, 09:51
I haven't had time to read all the threads so sorry if this has already been aksed/answered elsewhere but where does this leave Luca? Obviously his race performances sucked donkey d**k but this will have turned into one hell of a poisoned chalice if it turns out he is now jobless after stepping into the breach to help his team out. I really feel for the guy.

christophulus
4th September 2009, 09:53
Well done to him, gets to finish his F1 career in a Ferrari and I wish him all the best. There aren't really any losers in this situation, 'cept maybe Badoer but I suppose he had his chance..

ioan
4th September 2009, 10:51
Now that's what I call a happy man, and that is a very genuine happiness I see! :up:
Go win some races now Fisico!

jimakos
4th September 2009, 11:04
Now that's what I call a happy man, and that is a very genuine happiness I see! :up:
Go win some races now Fisico!

Absolutely agree!!
Now he must win some races for close some bad mouths :D
With a Ferrari,nothing have to afraid him about his formula it's only up to him...

I am evil Homer
4th September 2009, 11:07
I haven't had time to read all the threads so sorry if this has already been aksed/answered elsewhere but where does this leave Luca? Obviously his race performances sucked donkey d**k but this will have turned into one hell of a poisoned chalice if it turns out he is now jobless after stepping into the breach to help his team out. I really feel for the guy.

Sorry but if I sucked at my job I wouldn't still be employed. No different for Luca - he's been picking up a nice pay check for years for driving round test tracks. He was asked to step up and failed miserably.

Fisi will be Ferrari's #3, doesn't say anything about him being test driver...he could well drive for FI next season because the chances of needing another stand in are slim...the only factor would be if Massa isn't passed as race fit early next season.

Sonic
4th September 2009, 11:16
Sorry but if I sucked at my job I wouldn't still be employed. No different for Luca - he's been picking up a nice pay check for years for driving round test tracks. He was asked to step up and failed miserably.

Fisi will be Ferrari's #3, doesn't say anything about him being test driver...he could well drive for FI next season because the chances of needing another stand in are slim...the only factor would be if Massa isn't passed as race fit early next season.

IMO Badoer hasn't sucked at his job. His job is test and development, and he has for many years done that well.

It would be like me getting a temporary promotion at my job, if I discovered I wasn't cut out for the higher echelons I would hope my old job would be waiting for me.

Jarno
4th September 2009, 11:20
Fisi will be Ferrari's #3, doesn't say anything about him being test driver...

It has been said that Fisi is a test driver also.

SGWilko
4th September 2009, 11:24

But, if it turns out the Ferrari drive was a 'gift' for his services to team and country, then I actually think that speaks volumes for the entire Ferrari team.

ioan
4th September 2009, 11:29
IMO Badoer hasn't sucked at his job. His job is test and development, and he has for many years done that well.

He was 3rd driver too, and he sucked at that.

AJP
4th September 2009, 11:46
Congratulations to Giancarlo....

What an amazing feeling it must be for him.

I'm not expecting Massa or Raikkonen speed from him, but I know he will try his hardest to get as close as possible. Which, considering his speed in the Force India at Spa, you just never know what he could pull out of his hat.

I would also like to say well done to Luca Badoer. He was given an opportunity to drive for his beloved Ferrari. Although he was not up to speed, at least he got to fulfill his childhood dream. I certainly will not remember him as a failure for his two outings in the Ferrari. In fact, I'm extremely jealous of him...

Massa's freak accident has provided two Italians with a very special chance to drive for their dream team and have a lot of fun doing it. So..big ups for Ferrari, as Monza will be a massive celebration. I wish I was there to experience it.

HereIam
4th September 2009, 11:47
come on, Fisico!

but let's not forget he's never driven the car before... I would be happy if he made the final quali on Saturday... but I'm not expecting sparks! Having said that, you can only dream of a Ferrari winning at Monza with an Italian driver... Scarfiotti was the last one in 1966!!!

Storm
4th September 2009, 12:43
Congrats to Fisi, he has done well over the years to have a go in the Ferrari finally....How dumb does Vijay Mallya look now for his comments made earlier this week?

harsha
4th September 2009, 13:42
fisico does look mighty pleased to be in a ferrari...i suppose he's got every right to be...

congratulations to him

keysersoze
4th September 2009, 14:00
Keep in mind I haven't been married that long--2 and a half years:

So I showed her the pictures of Fisi in his new ride and my wife, for the first time in my marriage, says this about another guy--right in front of me:

"Wow, he's good looking."

I give her the evil stare. :mad: She adds:

"But he's short." :p

SGWilko
4th September 2009, 14:37
Keep in mind I haven't been married that long--2 and a half years:

Nah, when it comes to marriage that's a lifetime already!!!! :rotflmao:

bartlock
4th September 2009, 15:32
Congratulations to Giancarlo!

I found this pic of Giancarlo in Ferrari uniform.

http://www.formula1vip.com

keysersoze
4th September 2009, 15:34
Nah, when it comes to marriage that's a lifetime already!!!! :rotflmao:

So true Wilko, so true.

N. Jones
4th September 2009, 15:38
Nice pictures albeit somewhat surreal........

He may even be competitive.

Think of what it took:
a Schumacher withdrawal.
Badoer being one of the worst [the worst?] performing drivers a works Ferrari has ever had.

It is also the effective end of Fisi's grand prix career. Five more races.
It may end Fisi's career but he reached his goal (well, one of them I am guessing). I am thinking he is very happy.

N. Jones
4th September 2009, 15:39
Not forgetting the most important thing.....

My FGP team is looking up! Fissi in a Ferrari, that's gotta be worth some BIG points :D
:laugh:
I was thinking about that the other day: those of you who choose Fisi got quite a nice gift, especially if you are in the top ten overall! :D

555-04Q2
4th September 2009, 15:47
Lets hope Fisi and Kimi can produce a 1-2 finish at the next race :)

Big Ben
4th September 2009, 15:53

why? because critics always base their opinions on facts? As Homer J Simpson taught us: "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

So does GF quit f1 for 5 races in a Ferrari? Doesn´t seem worthwhile to me.

Sonic
4th September 2009, 15:54
He was 3rd driver too, and he sucked at that.

More like 4th driver. MS was very clearly first choice.

I liken it to an outfield player being asked to keep goal in football because of some unforseen injury. The player would no doubt tank at being a keeper but would hopefully be applauded for trying and given his place back on the subs bench for the next game.

I feel the same way for Luca. He obviously was not wanted in the team but still stepped up when he was needed. Ok his driving was poor but I hope Ferrari don't just dump him completely for it. I'm sure there is a role he could fill - janitor maybe ;) :p :D

jimakos
4th September 2009, 17:37
Lets hope Fisi and Kimi can produce a 1-2 finish at the next race :)

Hope the same but in opposite order:Kimi and Fisi :p
Monza can make Ferrari really proud of the drivers...

keysersoze
4th September 2009, 17:54
So does GF quit f1 for 5 races in a Ferrari? Doesn´t seem worthwhile to me.

I thought so, too, but if Force India weren't going to bring him back--and it looked like he wasn't going to be driving for them in 2010--then perhaps this gives GF a better chance to shine, or at the least, fulfill a career ambition.

4th September 2009, 19:31
Like an Englishman in Mclaren, he sure does look genuinely chuffed to bits.

Please do not insult Ferrari and the tifosi by such a tawdry comparison.

An Italian driving for Ferrari is not comparable.

Sonic
4th September 2009, 20:32

I don't believe any insult was intended.

Saint Devote
5th September 2009, 00:47
The question is why did Ferrari want Schumacher in the first place? At the Race of Champions he could not beat CARL EDWARDS in a head to head race.

With respect to Schumacher it is better he remain retired. Maybe his neck was not the problem he just drove th car and realized that it would be better not to...!

And that they chose Badoer over Gene will remain a puzzling question perhaps forever - it was Gene that had recently raced at Le Mans and won....

I cant help but laugh at Lauda's comments when he heard it would be either Badoer or Gene that would instead fill in for Massa. He was so very Niki - funny and to the point!

Saint Devote
5th September 2009, 00:55

Thats true - an Italian driver has not won the world title since 1953 and we know how reluctant Enzo was to hire an Italisn driver.

How many Brits have won the title since then? Good gosh! NINE!!!

And the Italians wish they had a driver in the Ferrari as the Brits have at Mclaren named Lewis Hamilton.

In my estimate comparing an Englishman in a Mclaren based on that, compared to whom? Ivan Capelli or refugee journeyman driver Fisichella in a Ferrari is indeed a tawdry comparison,

Lewis is far above any Italian driver in a Ferrari.

ioan
5th September 2009, 01:36
In my estimate comparing an Englishman in a Mclaren based on that, compared to whom? Ivan Capelli or refugee journeyman driver Fisichella in a Ferrari is indeed a tawdry comparison,

Looks like someone fell into the koolaid barrel.

Ranger
5th September 2009, 02:52
I guess we can now think about the difference of Fisi and Kimi and the question follows: how much off Kimis pace will Fisi be at Monza? How much is acceptable? Hw much is a good result for him?

Just as a reminder: he has no experience with kers, he´s certainly not another Badoer but he´s not Felipe either.

My pick is just under five tenths. 0.2 or 0.3 would be fine.

I don't rate Fisichella that much, but he has had some brilliant showings from time to time, which is why he has stayed in F1 as long as he has.

I wouldn't rule him out of beating Kimi once or twice before season's end. After all, he still managed to put a few up on Alonso.

5th September 2009, 08:34
Thats true - an Italian driver has not won the world title since 1953 and we know how reluctant Enzo was to hire an Italisn driver.

How many Brits have won the title since then? Good gosh! NINE!!!

And the Italians wish they had a driver in the Ferrari as the Brits have at Mclaren named Lewis Hamilton.

Which just proves that you, along with Henners88, just don't get it.

SGWilko
5th September 2009, 09:23

Get what?

DexDexter
5th September 2009, 09:38

Could you elaborate a little bit, cause I don't get it either. :confused:

ioan
5th September 2009, 12:45

No surprise. When's melt down time up there?

5th September 2009, 13:10
Get what?

Comparing the significance of an Englishman driving for Mclaren to an Italian driving for Ferrari is nothing short of a fecking joke.

Maybe when Mclaren have the same cultural significance to the populus of the country from whence they are based and have the historical tradition of support that Ferrari have from the Italian population, a relationship that goes far beyond the confines of a race-track, then perhaps such a comparision could be made.

Until then, it is nothing short of sectionable to believe that Mclaren have anything like the same cultural significance and therefore only somebody short of their prescribed medication to treat delusional fantasies could ever claim that an Englishman behind the wheel of a Mclaren is comparable.

Mclaren could only fecking dream of being as culturally important.

ioan
5th September 2009, 13:48
Comparing the significance of an Englishman driving for Mclaren to an Italian driving for Ferrari is nothing short of a fecking joke.

Maybe when Mclaren have the same cultural significance to the populus of the country from whence they are based and have the historical tradition of support that Ferrari have from the Italian population, a relationship that goes far beyond the confines of a race-track, then perhaps such a comparision could be made.

Until then, it is nothing short of sectionable to believe that Mclaren have anything like the same cultural significance and therefore only somebody short of their prescribed medication to treat delusional fantasies could ever claim that an Englishman behind the wheel of a Mclaren is comparable.

:up:

UltimateDanGTR
5th September 2009, 13:57

especially when you consider its founder and namesake was from new zealand :up:

and they have a german engine supplier.

Sonic
5th September 2009, 14:04

Wow. Getting a bit hot under the collar over a simple statement - chill.

BTW I agree with your general sentiment.

jens
5th September 2009, 16:48
I'm very 'appy for Fisi!! :) :D

What a fantastic story this is. After 2007 it looked like his F1 career is over after getting a boot from Renault. Who would have thought back then that his F1 career is going to end at such high? First getting an incredible podium with Force India and then fulfilling his dream by becoming Ferrari's race driver (even if only for 5 races). Life can be incredible! :D I hope Fisi can deliver a real surprise in the remaining races like he did at Spa.

jas123f1
6th September 2009, 10:11
I think an Italian driver in a Ferrari was a WISE decision of the team at a moment - in Spa Fisi prove every one that he still is a fast driver.

That even next race is so called fast race and Force India is expected to be suitable als there ...so some way it wasn’t “that good” for Force India even if Sutil is a very fast too.. But as supposed –also i believe that Fisi fix their debt to Ferrari with his move and in that way also Mallya must be happy.

The rest of us are to be satisfied too - the team and even Kimi – because it will be easier to reach the third place in the construction competition now.

Monza will be interesting ...

Saint Devote
6th September 2009, 16:09

You are the one that raised this [silly] issue.

If you compare it culturally then of course there is no comparison because Ferrari is a religion and does not require reason.

At the same time the derision you target Mclaren's way is totally uncalled for as Ferrari being "culturally" significant in Italy is not a moral or ethic superiority. It just is.

It is a cultural phenomena that all the Ferrari drivers come into contact with and we will see whether Fisichella can handle that pressure at Monza or, do his often in the past usual stunt when under pressure, and throw the car into barriers.

Until then I remain skeptical that he will do the job required. Which is? At least be in the very wheel tracks of Raikonnen everything being normal with both Ferraris.

Saint Devote
6th September 2009, 16:13
I think an Italian driver in a Ferrari was a WISE decision of the team at a moment - in Spa Fisi prove every one that he still is a fast driver.

That even next race is so called fast race and Force India is expected to be suitable als there ...so some way it wasn’t “that good” for Force India even if Sutil is a very fast too.. But as supposed –also i believe that Fisi fix their debt to Ferrari with his move and in that way also Mallya must be happy.

The rest of us are to be satisfied too - the team and even Kimi – because it will be easier to reach the third place in the construction competition now.

Monza will be interesting ...

I agree that it is the opportunity for Sutil to demonstrate his ability as beingt the clear team leader of FI now and he has suffiucient experience.

And that Fisichella has no excuse but must back up everything he has said by showing he is worthy of the Ferrari.

truefan72
6th September 2009, 17:20

lol you can keep your cultural significance, and McLaren and Williams can keep on winning. You don't win WDC and WCC championships based on a popularity contest by folks willing to plunker $250k on a car and others who dream of owning one. (although the FIA clearly had some deal with Ferrari) you win it by performing on the track. or in Ferrari's case, bending the rules, and getting assistance by the FIA.

The problem with a lot of Ferrari fans is that you are in love with the concept of Ferrari above and beyond the boundaries of F1 and this type of attitude brings about arguments of cultural significance in discussing their achievements in F1. There are die hard tifose whom i have met and am friends with, who can discuss F1 and Ferrari without going into this inflated arrogant and somewhat misguided notions of cultural significance. etc. It is that type of attitude that leads certain fans to expect all to bend over backwards for Ferrari and think that it is their right to win rather than compete.

truefan72
6th September 2009, 17:24
now back to fisi.
I think he will acquit himself adequately at Ferrari and I expect 1 podium and 3 points finish in the last 5 races. This is is his swan song and you could not have written the script better for him. I suppose with different testing rules next year, he might become an important component to their team.

6th September 2009, 17:45
You are the one that raised this [silly] issue.

Au contraire....it was actually Henners88 and then yourself that ran low on medication.

Like an Englishman in Mclaren, he sure does look genuinely chuffed to bits.

pino
6th September 2009, 18:28
Let's go back to Fisichella thank you ! :rolleyes:

Saint Devote
6th September 2009, 19:13

The reason why so many, including myself are not sure about Fisichella is because even when he had a superb car, such as in 2006, while his teammate was beating everyone in f1, the Italian driver remained unable to consistently follow with podium finishes and performed beneath the car's potential. The same was in 2005.

After two fair years Flavio replaced him.

So Fisichella still has to show why he should be considered more than a journeyman driver and justify being a replacement for Massa. Unlike Badoer he really has no excuses.

The next few races will enhance his reputation or diminish it. The risk for Fisichella is as high as for Badoer.

6th September 2009, 19:16
The reason why so many, including myself are not sure about Fisichella is because even when he had a superb car, such as in 2006, while his teammate was beating everyone in f1, the Italian driver remained unable to consistently follow with podium finishes and performed beneath the car's potential. The same was in 2005.

So Fisichella still has to show why he should be considered more than a journeyman driver and justify being a replacement for Massa. Unlike Badoer he really has no excuses.

The next few races will enhance his reputation or diminish it. The risk for Fisichella is as high as for Badoer.

Now, I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

6th September 2009, 19:21
lol you can keep your cultural significance, and McLaren and Williams can keep on winning.

Williams can keep on winning?

Where the feck have you been for the last twelve years?

Saint Devote
6th September 2009, 19:21
now back to fisi.
I think he will acquit himself adequately at Ferrari and I expect 1 podium and 3 points finish in the last 5 races. This is is his swan song and you could not have written the script better for him. I suppose with different testing rules next year, he might become an important component to their team.

As a member of Jenson's Barmy Army - if there are still difficulties with the Brawn then two Ferraris in first and second places work for me and I dont care what the order is!! :D

Sonic
6th September 2009, 19:28

Been watching too much Father Ted?? :)

SGWilko
6th September 2009, 20:14

Unless I am very much mistaken, a certain Columbian driver in a Williams car had a shot at the WDC one year, until he overtook a Ferrari at Indy, and got a penalty.....

But hey, we won't mention that if you like?

ioan
6th September 2009, 20:57
Unless I am very much mistaken, a certain Columbian driver in a Williams car had a shot at the WDC one year, until he overtook a Ferrari at Indy, and got a penalty...

And ofcourse his over aggressive driving had nothing to do with it!

jas123f1
6th September 2009, 23:22
Fisichella has no excuse but must back up everything he has said by showing he is worthy of the Ferrari.

Sure :) Fisi has to make a good job, but i think he can fix it, some points is enough..

truefan72
7th September 2009, 01:21

I consider Fisi's time at Renault with Alonso a slightly more restraining situation than the rubens MSC days. At least Ferrari let Rubens win a race or two and made sure that the car was good enough to podium, win or properly back up MSC. In contrast, as I've said many a time, Briaotore could care less about the 2nd car and often treated fisi and that side of the garage as nothing more than an additional annoyance to deal with on Sunday's. He would only get on the horn or have the engineers talk to fisi to apply undo pressure on him, or when they were desperate for some outcome in the race. If briatore had his way he would only run one car with alonso and call it a day.

So looking back at those performances, it was a small miracle that he did as well as he saw under those circumstances. Also if I remember, a certain Alonso would throw a hissy fit whenever fisi as faster than him and I do believe there was an instance where he demanded they switch cars, because he thought fisi's was faster.

Saint Devote
7th September 2009, 02:20
Sure :) Fisi has to make a good job, but i think he can fix it, some points is enough..

Yes, he knows Monza well although the operation and the characteristics of the Ferrari will be new, but points at a minimum and not behind cars and drivers less competitive than the Ferrari.

I do hope he has a nice result as I never wish for any f1 driver to embarass himself :)

Saint Devote
7th September 2009, 02:28
I consider Fisi's time at Renault with Alonso a slightly more restraining situation than the rubens MSC days. At least Ferrari let Rubens win a race or two and made sure that the car was good enough to podium, win or properly back up MSC. In contrast, as I've said many a time, Briaotore could care less about the 2nd car and often treated fisi and that side of the garage as nothing more than an additional annoyance to deal with on Sunday's. He would only get on the horn or have the engineers talk to fisi to apply undo pressure on him, or when they were desperate for some outcome in the race. If briatore had his way he would only run one car with alonso and call it a day.

So looking back at those performances, it was a small miracle that he did as well as he saw under those circumstances. Also if I remember, a certain Alonso would throw a hissy fit whenever fisi as faster than him and I do believe there was an instance where he demanded they switch cars, because he thought fisi's was faster.

While Alonso is something of a prima donna at times - although he is also one the most enjoyable drivers to watch when he is really on his game - I dismiss Fisichella explanation.

Why? During the Schumacher / Herbert days, Johnny did not complain the same as Fisichella and unlike the Italian he was there when Schumacher was not, such as at Silverstone.

So in general I still conclude that Giancarlo underperformed - instead of doing what Flavio loves: at least equalling or flattering the car.

7th September 2009, 14:30
Unless I am very much mistaken, a certain Columbian driver in a Williams car had a shot at the WDC one year, until he overtook a Ferrari at Indy, and got a penalty.....

But hey, we won't mention that if you like?

And since when have they given out prizes for having "had a shot at the WDC one year"?

You mention third place in a championship seven seasons ago if you like, as it reinforces my point.

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 14:35
And since when have they given out prizes for having "had a shot at the WDC one year"?

You mention third place in a championship seven seasons ago if you like, as it reinforces my point.

What, that WIlliams haven't won in 12 years?

Where the feck have you been?

7th September 2009, 14:50
What, that WIlliams haven't won in 12 years?

Where the feck have you been?

Please tell me when Williams last won a championship.

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 15:01

What is the significance of a championship win when one is discussing race wins?

henners88
7th September 2009, 15:03
God I hate having to spoon feed people... :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WilliamsF1

7th September 2009, 15:11
What is the significance of a championship win when one is discussing race wins?

Who was discussing race wins?

Now, if you want to discuss race wins, that's fine.....when was the last time Williams won a race?

2004, I believe?

Hardly the "keep on winning" that Truefan was claiming that Williams have been doing, is it?

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 15:24
Who was discussing race wins?

Now, if you want to discuss race wins, that's fine.....when was the last time Williams won a race?

2004, I believe?

Hardly the "keep on winning" that Truefan was claiming that Williams have been doing, is it?

Hardly the 'fecking 12 years' you were bleating on about dear....

Singing from the wrong hymnsheet again are we......???

7th September 2009, 15:26
Hardly the 'fecking 12 years' you were bleating on about dear....

1997, last Williams championship victory, I do believe my good man.

Do you not agree?

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 15:31
1997, last Williams championship victory, I do believe my good man.

Do you not agree?

May I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier... ? ;)

ioan
7th September 2009, 15:41
Calm down people, this thread isn't about Williams and how fast they are going down the drain.

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 15:46
Calm down people, this thread isn't about Williams and how fast they are going down the drain.

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial! :laugh:

Going the wrong way there. Williams are on the way up, albeit very slowly.

7th September 2009, 15:53
May I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier... ? ;)

I wasn't fecking discussing race fecking wins!!!!!

But, even if I was, how does a five season race losing streak relate to Truefan's statement that Williams "keep on winning"?

Williams haven't won feck all since 2004. Which isn't "keep on winning" however you slice it.

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 16:05
I wasn't fecking discussing race fecking wins!!!!!

But, even if I was, how does a five season race losing streak relate to Truefan's statement that Williams "keep on winning"?

Williams haven't won feck all since 2004. Which isn't "keep on winning" however you slice it.

Well, feck me, and feck the fecking feckers too while we are fecking at it!

How does 5 years equate to 12?

Move along now, there's a real chance that an Italian might win in an Italian team. The 'steeped in Italian' history that means an Italian hasn't driven for them in feck knows how many fecking years....

Blah blah Charlie Brown fecking blah.

In the words of one E Murphy in a rather great cameo; feck you, feck you and feck you, who's next?

7th September 2009, 16:07
How does 5 years equate to 12?

5 Years = Last Race Win
12 Years = Last Championship Win.

Simple, really. Well, for most.

How does that equate to "keep on winning"?

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 16:10
5 Years = Last Race Win
12 Years = Last Championship Win.

Simple, really. Well, for most.

How does that equate to "keep on winning"?

Ah, simples;

5 is not equal to 12 when you consider race wins.

Knock-on
7th September 2009, 16:35

I think you will find they are on a bit of an upturn at the moment.

Ferrari and BMW seem to be rocking on their heels a bit if you want a down turn :D

henners88
7th September 2009, 17:14
Wow a thread on Fisi joining Ferrari, and the matter of Williams last race win creeps in... the old trick eh. That combined with a rather confused chap named after a corner at Imola, mistaking race wins for championships... Doesn't get any better than this.. :laugh:

7th September 2009, 17:53
Wow a thread on Fisi joining Ferrari, and the matter of Williams last race win creeps in... the old trick eh. That combined with a rather confused chap named after a corner at Imola, mistaking race wins for championships... Doesn't get any better than this.. :laugh:

I'm not the one mistaking race wins for championships.

Please, since you have evidently much more wisdom than I, show me when Williams last won a championship?

I'll wager it was 12 years ago, as I stated.

Presumably you know different?

Andy Harrison
7th September 2009, 17:54
Congratulations to Fisi,
I'm looking foward to seeing him Fly at Monza. I think he is going to surprise the critics!

henners88
7th September 2009, 18:12

Please, since you have evidently much more wisdom than I, show me when Williams last won a championship?

I couldn't care less when Williams last won a championship mate to be honest, its pathetic even arguing about it and getting so wound up...

Check this out Tamb ;)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEVELOP-YOUR-SENSE-OF-HUMOUR-HYPNOSIS-CD_W0QQitemZ190329730820QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Heal th_Beauty_Natural_AlternativeTherapies?hash=item2c 50893704&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Think you should invest.. :p

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 18:33

For the record (a 78 no doubt) the discussion was about winning. The last win for Williams was less that 12 years ago.

If it was specificallyabout, say for example, championship wins, then that is a completely different urn of mackeral....

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 18:36
getting so wound up... :p

If they serve it up on a plate, I'm not going to refuse.

Confectionary from a juvenile....

Dzeidzei
7th September 2009, 18:45

With all due respect and even considering that I like Ferrari, this seems just plain stupid. To state that a car has cultural significance is either a misinterpretation (meaning false) or just sad. Maybe it is just sad. Maybe Ferrari is the best thing coming out of Italy in the past... lets say 2 thousand years or more. Or maybe youre just exaggarating a bit?

I always thought the US was the only civilization without a culture. Maybe I was wrong.

Come on, its only motorsport. A fun way to spend 2 hrs on Sundays, if youre lucky. If you (not you in person, Tamb) give it more meaning you must have some serious personal issues.

Feckuty feck.

DexDexter
7th September 2009, 18:53
With all due respect and even considering that I like Ferrari, this seems just plain stupid. To state that a car has cultural significance is either a misinterpretation (meaning false) or just sad. Maybe it is just sad. Maybe Ferrari is the best thing coming out of Italy in the past... lets say 2 thousand years or more. Or maybe youre just exaggarating a bit?

I always thought the US was the only civilization without a culture. Maybe I was wrong.

Come on, its only motorsport. A fun way to spend 2 hrs on Sundays, if youre lucky. If you (not you in person, Tamb) give it more meaning you must have some serious personal issues.

Feckuty feck.

And this so called cultural significance is discussed here by a bunch of Englishmen, Finns and a Rumanian. What do the Italians themselves think?

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 18:56
And this so called cultural significance is discussed here by bunch of Englishmen, Finns and a Rumanian. What do the Italians themselves think?

I haven't thus far woken up with a horses head next to me, so I guess they are not too upset.

But lets ask Don Dennis :rotflmao:

ioan
7th September 2009, 19:02
...and a Rumanian.

That's a Romanian, you Finnish illiterate! :p :

SGWilko
7th September 2009, 19:05

I preferred Eskimo myself, it was funny. ;)

DexDexter
7th September 2009, 19:06

Oh really?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Rumanian

Variant(s): also Ru·ma·nian or Rou·ma·nian \ru̇-\

Dzeidzei
7th September 2009, 19:23
Oh really?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Rumanian

Variant(s): also Ru·ma·nian or Rou·ma·nian \ru̇-\

So Dex, are the beggars in the streets of Helsinki Romanian or Rumanian? Im fecking confused, feck :)

henners88
7th September 2009, 19:27
So Dex, are the beggars in the streets of Helsinki Romanian or Rumanian? Im fecking confused, feck :)

We used to have people referred to as "Roma's" begging in Banbury, are they Romanian?
No offence intended here guys.. :)

Dzeidzei
7th September 2009, 19:36
We used to have people referred to as "Roma's" begging in Banbury, are they Romanian?
No offence intended here guys.. :)

No one can get offended as we´re only trying to solve dilemmas of illiteracy.

DexDexter
7th September 2009, 19:44

Maybe Ioan in his wisdom could help us poor illiterate Finns :) .

ioan
7th September 2009, 19:44
I preferred Eskimo myself, it was funny. ;)

I know and if you were the one in charge the world would be funnier! ;)

ioan
7th September 2009, 19:46

Maybe some of them, the rest are probably Finnish.

ioan
7th September 2009, 19:47
Maybe Ion in his wisdom could help us poor illiterate Finns :) .

Than you should ask him, whoever he is he sure know more than you do.

DexDexter
7th September 2009, 19:50
Than you should ask him, whoever he is he sure know more than you do.

Don't you know when you're losing?

ioan
7th September 2009, 19:53
Don't you know when you're losing?

I didn't even know there was a competition for who's dumber. Anyway I'm happy to be the one losing it. :wave:

DexDexter
7th September 2009, 19:56
I didn't even know there was a competition for who's dumber. Anyway I'm happy to be the one losing it. :wave:

No, you accused me of mistyping your nationality which I didn't do. I proved my point with a credible link. :D

pino
7th September 2009, 20:59
Thread almost cleaned, please keep it on topic !