PDA

View Full Version : Three crew members suspended

Sparky1329
2nd September 2009, 05:18
From Jayski:

Mike Hennessy, a crew member for the #199 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Gary St. Amant, a crew member for the #199 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Richard Henninger, a crew member for the #6 team [Roush Fenway Racing] in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, have been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body's substance abuse policy. All three were found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 7-5 (violation of the NASCAR substance abuse policy) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. Hennessy's violation came on Aug. 27, while Henninger's and St. Amant's both came on Aug. 28.(NASCAR Public Relations)(9-1-2009)

RaceFanStan
2nd September 2009, 05:53
Of course we won't be told WHAT substance they abused. :rolleyes:

muggle not
2nd September 2009, 23:15
Maybe not but I don't think they were suspended for taking cough drops.

djarumdudley
3rd September 2009, 03:00
is this Gary St.Amant, the former short tracker from the ASA & All Pro series?

call_me_andrew
3rd September 2009, 03:52
My sources indicate: yes.

Sparky1329
3rd September 2009, 04:51

I'm sure the three of them know very well what they used.

Mark in Oshawa
5th September 2009, 21:56

Just like we didn't know what Mayfield took. So everyone wonders...are they real serious druggies or just messing with pot?

This not releasing the substance is defended by some people to not invade privacy, but allows us all to wonder, rumour and gossip. If I am nailed with this one, I am almost thinking that being put on the list is not made worse by it being public, it is better to have disclosure rather than speculation. Either that, or just suspend them and NOT publicize them not being at the track.

beachbum
7th September 2009, 15:22
Just like we didn't know what Mayfield took. So everyone wonders...are they real serious druggies or just messing with pot?

This not releasing the substance is defended by some people to not invade privacy, but allows us all to wonder, rumour and gossip. If I am nailed with this one, I am almost thinking that being put on the list is not made worse by it being public, it is better to have disclosure rather than speculation. Either that, or just suspend them and NOT publicize them not being at the track.Many states have very severe restrictions on revealing drug testing results. Add in HIPAA requirements, and typically the only way the public will ever learn what substance was found is in a court case or if the offender tells us. If NASCAR (or any employer) revealed the results, they would not only be subjected to a court case they would lose, but also subject to severe fines. As fans we may be curious, but we may never know the facts.

Sparky1329
8th September 2009, 05:01
Many states have very severe restrictions on revealing drug testing results. Add in HIPAA requirements, and typically the only way the public will ever learn what substance was found is in a court case or if the offender tells us. If NASCAR (or any employer) revealed the results, they would not only be subjected to a court case they would lose, but also subject to severe fines. As fans we may be curious, but we may never know the facts.

NASCAR is not their employer but the sanctioning body might still be restricted from revealing the specific substance that was found in the testing.

Lee Roy
8th September 2009, 12:56
NASCAR is not their employer but the sanctioning body might still be restricted from revealing the specific substance that was found in the testing.

And it's just good, common sense, courtesy not to reveal these substances. (As well as not opening yourself up for a libel lawsuit.) These people have not be convicted of a crime. It would be wrong for NASCAR to state publicly that these people were suspended for using some illegal substance (if that was what it was).

Sparky1329
8th September 2009, 16:02
And it's just good, common sense, courtesy not to reveal these substances. (As well as not opening yourself up for a libel lawsuit.) These people have not be convicted of a crime. It would be wrong for NASCAR to state publicly that these people were suspended for using some illegal substance (if that was what it was).

Of course you're right about that.

I think the Jeremy Mayfield topic conversations covered all these bases pretty thoroughly. By now I'm sure everyone with a NASCAR hard card knows what's acceptable and what's not, and if not, shame on them.

Roamy
15th September 2009, 09:13
If it is Meth PoP em !! We don't need it around or anyone who uses it.