PDA

View Full Version : M-Sport Fiesta S2000

Pages : 1 [2]

Barreis
19th January 2010, 21:26
It could be appeals if ford wins..

Xsara Fan
19th January 2010, 21:41
LOL let`s talk about MC 1999 and 'water pumps problem' with all-new Ford Focus WRC...

pettersolberg29
19th January 2010, 21:46
That's without even starting the 1966 Mini/BMC light problem and the Panhard issue of favouritism. ACM have no problem with being controversial!

Roy
20th January 2010, 07:39
http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/irc/breve-26-2-4925/190110-les-fiesta-s2000-au-depart-

Thnx!

Sulland
20th January 2010, 09:28
What was the admin problem with the Fiesta, and did Loriaux go back just to fix that, or something on the car ?

milly
20th January 2010, 09:59
Have heard it was a mixture of problems, mainly linked to paperwork/homologation issues.

- engine air intake grill
- missing production markings on headlights

Small details but mainly 'admin' rather than performance issues.

noel157
20th January 2010, 10:02
So nothing to do with steel or non steel valves? I presume the car is finally homologated?

Simmi
20th January 2010, 16:39
Would be interesting to hear the official line on what happend to the 2nd car of Maurin. Whether its an engine/fuel/fuel pump issue...

But on the positive note the car has gone just about how I expected. I think only a few thought it wouldn't be fast out of the box. I bet they will have taken a few more orders by the end of the week.

Sulland
20th January 2010, 17:12
Would be interesting to hear the official line on what happend to the 2nd car of Maurin. Whether its an engine/fuel/fuel pump issue...

But on the positive note the car has gone just about how I expected. I think only a few thought it wouldn't be fast out of the box. I bet they will have taken a few more orders by the end of the week.

Malcolm said that they had 23 firm orders by now.

Simmi
20th January 2010, 18:43
Malcolm said that they had 23 firm orders by now.

I wonder if any of the forums great list makers can work out how many are confirmed/sold and to whom. I can only work out about ten of them. I wonder if any of these will enter the BRC/Ireland.

noel157
20th January 2010, 19:33
I wonder if any of the forums great list makers can work out how many are confirmed/sold and to whom. I can only work out about ten of them. I wonder if any of these will enter the BRC/Ireland.

Let's have your list of 10 then. One has already gone to Ireland.

Simmi
20th January 2010, 20:20
Well I have no new info or anything.

Nulpel Team x2 (Pons, Vallejo)
Barwa Rally Team x2 (Al-Attiyah)
Teams of Janne Tuohino
Bernardo Sousa
Michal Kosciuszko
Martin Prokop
Andreas Mikkelsen - not sure who is running his Sweden car

So that's not even ten is it. I knew there were better qualified list makers out there. Which of the Irish boys is getting one?

Francis44
20th January 2010, 20:28
I remeber that I heard some months ago that a young guy from BRC was going to buy one with a prize that he own, can't remeber his name though.

alleskids
20th January 2010, 20:32
Nupel rally team has 3 I believe (Pons, plus Spanisch championship with Sergio Vallejo and Álvaro Muñiz)
Barwa/Al Attiyah, atleast 2 for the IRC/MERC/SWRC
Touhino
Prokop
Sousa
Kosiuszko

Julien Maurin in IRC plus French championship
Fedrico Villagra in IRC (Argentina and maybe Brasil)
plus 1 Irisch team (?)
Khalid Al Qassimi in MERC (Qatar)

noel157
20th January 2010, 21:10
The current International, Uk, Irish Fiesta champion and Fiesta Shootout winner Craig Breen (19 yrs) has one on order (he's big on Fiestas). Due for delivery in a few weeks and has entered Galway in the Irish tarmac Championship. Plans to do the ITC, BRC and some IRC/SWRC rounds.

http://www.craigbreen.com/blog.php

Simmi
20th January 2010, 21:17
The current International, Uk, Irish Fiesta champion and Fiesta Shootout winner Craig Breen (19 yrs) has one on order (he's big on Fiestas). Due for delivery in a few weeks and has entered Galway in the Irish tarmac Championship. Plans to do the ITC, BRC and some IRC/SWRC rounds.

http://www.craigbreen.com/blog.php

Cheers noel. One thing is for sure there will be a LOT of Fiesta's on show at Rally GB.

ProRally
21st January 2010, 06:54
Just saw offer from Vergina Inforrally from Greece they also seem to have ordered one.

milly
22nd January 2010, 09:44
Does anybody know what the correct reason was for the retirement of the second Fiesta S2000 of Maurin in Monte Carlo?

alleskids
22nd January 2010, 14:00
From the side, the Fiesta does look a smal car. The white Barwa sponsor logo looks nice on the Fiesta S2000.

alleskids
22nd January 2010, 21:39
French forum report:
The engine gave up the ghost almost 2km from the arrival of the ES2. and his window heater was not working properly inthe stage before.

Sulland
22nd January 2010, 23:52
Congratulations to Ford and M-Sport for winning straight out of the box, and to Mikko for a perfect rally !!!

katxal
23rd January 2010, 01:24
4 ford Fiesta S2000 this weekend!

http://www.s2000rally.com/car-list.php?car=20&team=&plate=&year=&bt-search=Search

F1boat
23rd January 2010, 09:31
Great race for Ford and great drive by Hirvonen, a humble and very fast driver!

RS
23rd January 2010, 09:54
Now on to Sweden. I will be very interested to see how the Fiesta performs there, so we might get a better idea of how much was the car and how much was the driver on Monte.

driveace
23rd January 2010, 10:06
well done Miko,great measured result,speaded up when he thought that Ogier was a threat,But good for m sport with a win straight out of the box
Also deserving a mention is Skoda,to get so many cars to the finish is a credit

23rd January 2010, 11:11
There's two Fiesta's running in Qatar Rally this weekend, looks like the Fiesta is a fast car with both cars in the top two.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/al-attiyah-leads-day1-qatar-2010/

alleskids
23rd January 2010, 11:44
Nasser Al Attiyah won the Qatar rally. The first day was a close batle between the 2 Fiesta S2000's of Al Attiyah and Al Qasiimi. The second day was bizar. Al Attiyah lost 3 minutes, won 2, lost 1 and won 4. Al Qasiimi had to retire. Al Attiyah won with 6.26 clear of Al Nmarri (Subaru Impreza 2009)
http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/qatar-2010/s/47/#overall

Simmi
23rd January 2010, 17:42
Anyone got a retirement reason for the Al Qassimi car?

Sulland
23rd January 2010, 17:47
Do we know why the Fiesta is registered as M-Sport and not Ford in IRC ?

RS
23rd January 2010, 17:50
Do we know why the Fiesta is registered as M-Sport and not Ford in IRC ?

I am guessing it is because Ford will not have an official works backed team in IRC, they do not want their brand name at the mercy only of privateer drivers (it could look bad if they lose to Peugeot and Skoda)

alleskids
23rd January 2010, 18:02
Day one
Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah and Khalid Al-Qassimi made the start by the skin of their teeth. Al-Attiyah had been able to cross the ceremonial start podium in his car on Thursday afternoon in Doha, but both of the new Ford Fiesta S2000s had been plagued with a niggling engine sensor problem. A Ford engineer flew into Qatar from the Monte Carlo Rally in the early hours of Friday morning and joined an M-Sport technician from the UK. They worked until just before dawn to ensure that both Fords were repaired and capable of reaching Al-Wakra.

Simmi
23rd January 2010, 18:49
I am guessing it is because Ford will not have an official works backed team in IRC, they do not want their brand name at the mercy only of privateer drivers (it could look bad if they lose to Peugeot and Skoda)

It's because Ford's commitment is to the WRC not the IRC. Commercially it is in their interest to support the championship they compete in. If they registered as a brand in the IRC it would be as if they endorse the rival series.

ProRally
23rd January 2010, 18:52
Anyone got a retirement reason for the Al Qassimi car?

Day two – as it happened

Twenty-five of the original 32 starters were granted permission to start day two, including seven cars running under SupeRally. Of those, Michel Saleh and Amjad Farrah were reinstated in the top 12 after their eighth stage problems and Qatar’s Jaber Al-Marri moved back into his rightful sixth position once a timing error has been corrected on Friday evening.

Al-Attiyah set out into the 25km Al-Wakrah stage with a 32.6s advantage over Al-Qassimi. Al-Ketbi was a distant third and an eighth stage puncture had pushed Al-Marri behind Abdullah Al-Qassimi into fifth position. But the battle for the overall lead was thrown upside down through the treacherous Al-Wakrah stage when Al-Attiyah stopped for over three minutes with a puncture and Al-Qassimi coasted though to take the stage win and an outright lead of 2m 49.1s.

Jaralla Al-Marri’s brave run also ended with mechanical problems, Al-Ketbi lost his chance to overtake Al-Attiyah for second position when he punctured and Jaber Al-Marri also suffered a flat tyre and damaged his rear bumper on the rocky surface.

Al-Attiyah could not afford to hold back through the 10th stage and ran the risk of punctures trying to reduce Al-Qassimi’s overall lead. But Al-Qassimi also sustained a flat tyre on SS10 and the flailing tyre and damage broke the caliper and the disc. He finished the stage with three brakes and had to survive the 11th stage with limited stopping power before returning to service.

Team Abu Dhabi’s rally manager Ron Cremen confirmed that neither his team nor Ken Skidmore’s operation, who are running Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah, had the spare parts needed in Qatar to fully repair the Ford Fiesta S2000 and Al-Qassimi was running on a wing and a prayer through SS11.

Somehow the Emirati managed to keep going and recorded the fastest time in the Al-Negian stage when Al-Attiyah dropped 15.6s. Al-Qassimi headed into service at Al-Wakra with a 59.8s overall lead. Al-Ketbi held third and Al-Marri moved up to fourth when Abdullah Al-Qassimi hit trouble. Saudi Arabia’s Ahmed Al-Sabban and Qatar’s Jaber Al-Marri and Abdullah Al-Rabban all retired before the end of the first loop and Sheikh Hamed Bin Eid Al-Thani found himself up in fifth position of the 19 surviving cars.

The final runs through the three deteriorating stages promised to be fascinating and lady luck was shining on Al-Attiyah after last week’s Dakar Rally disappointment. Al-Qassimi’s mechanics had blocked off his offending brake line in service, but he was forced to stop and change a puncture that took just over four minutes and the Qatari regained a 3m 05s lead heading into the final two stages. Al-Ketbi stopped on the road section after the stage with oil leaking from the gearbox and Al-Marri was promoted to third.

But the broken stage surface eventually claimed Michel Saleh and Al-Qassimi and ended the fight for the overall win. The Emirati was carrying two spare tyres after the service, but he punctured again on two occasions in unlucky SS13 and was unable to continue without a third spare wheel. His demise handed second position to Al-Marri and ensured that Al-Attiyah began the final stage with an overall lead of 10m 21s. “There was no way that stage should have been run again,” reflected a disappointed Al-Qassimi.

There were no late dramas for Al-Attiyah and he held on to take a convincing victory, with Al-Marri and Al-Thani completing unlikely Qatar 1-2-3 finishes on the sun-drenched Corniche in Doha. Team Abu Dhabi’s Bader Al-Jabri was not so fortunate and a drive shaft failed on his Fiesta through the 13th stage and he hobbled out of the rally within sight of the finish.

ProRally
23rd January 2010, 18:53
Does anybody know what the correct reason was for the retirement of the second Fiesta S2000 of Maurin in Monte Carlo?

Conrod broke and blew hole in engine....

Cloverleaf
23rd January 2010, 21:20
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/tayyar_ak47/misc/al_qassimi_in_fiesta_s2000_20100122.jpg

Khalid al-Qassimi - 2010 Qtel Qatar International Rally

24th January 2010, 00:21
^^ Looks like a mean machine :D

Barreis
24th January 2010, 10:46
Looks small..

Sulland
24th January 2010, 10:57
How much higher is the set up for this one, compared to a normal gravel set up ?

Mirek
24th January 2010, 13:40
Conrod broke and blew hole in engine....

This could have been caused by wrong downshifting.

m.lowe
24th January 2010, 15:41
Hopefully there might be more pics from members on here from the Middle East of the Fiestas that competed

I cant wait till models of the car comes out

AndyRAC
24th January 2010, 17:17
It's because Ford's commitment is to the WRC not the IRC. Commercially it is in their interest to support the championship they compete in. If they registered as a brand in the IRC it would be as if they endorse the rival series.

Which is a bit petty, isn't it? The most famous, prestigious Rally in the world is in the IRC. Why not committ to 2 Championships?

bluuford
24th January 2010, 17:18
]This could have been caused by wrong downshifting.

In case o Maurin it might have been high possibility

Simmi
24th January 2010, 17:33
Which is a bit petty, isn't it? The most famous, prestigious Rally in the world is in the IRC. Why not committ to 2 Championships?

Because you are directly helping helping a rival championship, and thus taking value/marketability away from your current home - the place you have been competing for over 40 years. You don't spend time trying to justify a big committment to the WRC with the top brass to then turn around and say you should also pay to enter this other championship. Until things alter and the IRC becomes a stepping stone rather than a rival this will continue. There cannot continue to be two championships like this - as nice as it is - something has to give.

It makes no difference to us fans really as the Fiestas can all compete. We aren't missing out on anything. And it's not like Ford would ever compete in a works-capacity with top drivers. It would be far too expensive to dovetail two championships.

alleskids
24th January 2010, 21:09
The Fiesta's of Al Attiyah and Al Qassimi have 2 small air intakes on the roof, of wath ever it is called :) , and the Fiesta's in Monte Carlo and of the Nupel team have 1 big intake. Is it because of the hot dessert conditioon, or are there other reasons? Will there be different versions of the Fiesta S2000?

Simmi
24th January 2010, 22:47
The Fiesta's of Al Attiyah and Al Qassimi have 2 small air intakes on the roof, of wath ever it is called :) , and the Fiesta's in Monte Carlo and of the Nupel team have 1 big intake. Is it because of the hot dessert conditioon, or are there other reasons? Will there be different versions of the Fiesta S2000?

They are probably looking to see which the best solution is. I remember when they debuted the Focus 06 (in Australia '05) it had similar twin intakes on the roof. I think they were only there for that rally.

I'm not sure how the homologation works for something like that if they decide to change.

Racing Ka
25th January 2010, 09:24
Roof vents are VO homologated parts, so they may vary. Those are first seen on Boreham Fiesta S1600 and then on Gp.N ST.

ProRally
25th January 2010, 10:51
Also this is 'dessert' spec.... with 2 vents, driver and co-driver can 'regulate' themselves....

Simmi
25th January 2010, 17:17
Also this is 'dessert' spec.... with 2 vents, driver and co-driver can 'regulate' themselves....

More cars should be dessert spec.

ProRally
25th January 2010, 17:21
More cars should be dessert spec.

The rental cars I get in the Middle East are 'dessert spec'.... no heating but extra duty airco.... :D :D :D

Huima
25th January 2010, 18:15
Pics of the "dessert spec" Fiesta can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairephipps/sets/72157622502095511/

:D

ProRally
25th January 2010, 18:47
Pics of the "dessert spec" Fiesta can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairephipps/sets/72157622502095511/

:D

Yami yami ..... hmmmmmm

Mirek
25th January 2010, 19:41
Fiesta was homologated 15th January. The official date for homolgations was 1st January according to FIA rules. Next date is 1st March...

Xsara Fan
25th January 2010, 22:03
I haven`t see this info in our forum but...
AFAIK pre-start рroblems of the 'M-Sport' team were initiated by Skoda. The Czech team notified the judges that a Ford Fiesta has some "nuances". Hence, the whole scandal.
And the problem resolved after Loriaux said to Skoda`s guys that he also has some data on them of the illegality of Fabia S2000. Then the situation was resolved...

PLuto
25th January 2010, 22:21
I dont know if only Skoda, but a week before Monte I have also heard from Peugeot, that they are not satisfied with situation in homologation of Fiesta...

Mirek
25th January 2010, 22:24
Prokop already has his own Fiesta:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs200.snc3/20780_301003365599_59249145599_5046357_4202350_n.j pg

Roy
25th January 2010, 22:25
AFAIK pre-start рroblems of the 'M-Sport' team were initiated by Skoda. The Czech team notified the judges that a Ford Fiesta has some "nuances". Hence, the whole scandal.
And the problem resolved after Loriaux said to Skoda`s guys that he also has some data on them of the illegality of Fabia S2000. Then the situation was resolved...

Hmmm... If there is a problem on one of these cars, or both. Peugeot could be make protest. They didn't. There wouldn't be a problem, I think so.

The Fiesta did all ready two rallies. I don't understand people say there would be something illegal. FIA is hard in given penalties, isn't it?

PLuto
25th January 2010, 22:29
It was really strange situation. Nobody from other teams wanted to talk about it, but from what I know, both teams were thinking about protest...

But, it is a politics...

Mirek
25th January 2010, 22:30
There is no talk about some irregularity during the rally but before - during the scrutineering. It's obvious that things weren't ok, since stewards refused to let Ford enter the rally. They were allowed several hours after the end of scrutineering...

About Skoda - I heard some talk in their service area about some small issues like some seals and marks but nothing significant.

Buzz Lightyear
25th January 2010, 23:34
It was really strange situation. Nobody from other teams wanted to talk about it, but from what I know, both teams were thinking about protest...

But, it is a politics...

I cannot understand. Either the car is legal or not.

It is certainly very strange.

I know what the concerns were, and it would be very easily identified.

Buzz Lightyear
25th January 2010, 23:35

OK, brilliant. Again... either the car is legal or not.

Sarac330d
26th January 2010, 08:57
All teams are not making protests to each other, becouse probably all of them have some ilegal parts. So if one team would make protests to another, probably that same team will make counter protest. All teams can be penalized in that situation and i think that is the reason why they don`t making protest.

[RMC]Pip
26th January 2010, 12:39
Ken Block Fiesta: Official Video & Pics
http://flatovercrest.com/2010/01/ken-block-fiesta-official-video-pics/

ProRally
26th January 2010, 12:57
Pip]Ken Block Fiesta: Official Video & Pics
http://flatovercrest.com/2010/01/ken-block-fiesta-official-video-pics/

Just to make it clear, it is 'open class' Fiesta from Olbergs MSE, used by Gronholm on Pikes Peak and by Foust and Brack during X Games.

IT IS NOT S2000 Fiesta...

Never the less a nice looking car, which should go pretty fast :D :D

[RMC]Pip
29th January 2010, 09:12
Thx for the clarification, my bad!

ProRally
29th January 2010, 11:19
Pip]Thx for the clarification, my bad!

Not to worry, can be confusing as it is also a FIESTA :D :D

Lets see what it does in SnoDrift this weekend ....

http://www.worldrallysport.com/node/5348

Pinto
30th January 2010, 14:33
Craig breen had a launch day yesterday in carrickonsuir for his new S2000 Festia heres a bit of footage from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzn7ISJTEKQ

Roy
30th January 2010, 15:00
Craig breen had a launch day yesterday in carrickonsuir for his new S2000 Festia heres a bit of footage from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzn7ISJTEKQ

Wow! That livery is cool! :up:

Simmi
30th January 2010, 16:02
Wow! That livery is cool! :up:

Cheers for that Pinto. Definately one of the better liveries. Will be really interesting to see what kind of results Craig can get this year. He now has the machinery.

alleskids
30th January 2010, 17:18
a very nice livery. :up: way much better then Prokop and Touhino did with their car

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:25
ill try and get a few pics up for ye

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:37
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/newep/PN2_3764.jpg

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:38
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/newep/PN2_3753.jpg

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:39
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/newep/PN2_3728.jpg

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:40
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz105/newep/PN2_3759.jpg

Pinto
30th January 2010, 17:45
heres a shot of the car in action on an irish forestry championship open test day today

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1539/img1068b.jpg

Next stop for Craig is Next weekends Galway International Rally based in Oranmore Co. Galway where his will lock horns with 2009 BRC Champion Keith Cronin

tolis
30th January 2010, 19:11
So, do we know Craig's programme for 2010??? Will he do any events in the WRC/IRC?

Pinto
30th January 2010, 19:13
he is doing the full British Championship and selected Irish tarmac championship rounds also the plan is to do some of the European IRC round's Providing he can get time off work from M-Sport

tolis
30th January 2010, 19:39
Thanks Pinto!!!

Simmi
30th January 2010, 19:48
he is doing the full British Championship and selected Irish tarmac championship rounds also the plan is to do some of the European IRC round's Providing he can get time off work from M-Sport

And he'll do Wales GB at the end of the year I'd assume?

Pinto
30th January 2010, 20:20
yes id say that one could be a good posability,

alleskids
30th January 2010, 21:22
are the holes in the bonnnet suppose to be open or is there a sort of grill for it?

31st January 2010, 06:51
are the holes in the bonnnet suppose to be open or is there a sort of grill for it?
Air flows out of the bonnet ports and back over the car, its similar to the WRC Ford Focus.

modri dirkac
31st January 2010, 14:12
No helmets? Bad idea! :rolleyes:
Nice looking car, I like it! :eek:

Pinto
31st January 2010, 15:14
it was only a short demo at slow speeds around the grounds of Beline Estate Piltown just a bit of a show for the cameras no high speed stuff the odd slide and the like

PLuto
1st February 2010, 00:45
Who is interested in, very nice video covering first start of Ford Fiesta S2000 on Rallye Monte Carlo - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9820

name: monte, password: monte

(article is also interesting, but in czech...)

Salist
1st February 2010, 14:01
Who is interested in, very nice video covering first start of Ford Fiesta S2000 on Rallye Monte Carlo - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9820

name: monte, password: monte

(article is also interesting, but in czech...)

Thanks Pluto...very nice videos.

alleskids
20th February 2010, 14:00
Official Ford team will make acoemback in the South Africa rally. Maybe even a car for Conrad Rautenbach. It will be a big loss to WRC :(

http://rajdy.autoklub.pl

Ondra WRC
23rd February 2010, 20:36
Test Michal Kosciuzsko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKl-O0okjVw

m.lowe
23rd February 2010, 21:46
Official Ford team will make acoemback in the South Africa rally. Maybe even a car for Conrad Rautenbach. It will be a big loss to WRC :(

nice to see a ford in SA again

wwbroe
24th February 2010, 07:11
Test Michal Kosciuzsko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKl-O0okjVw

This car really looks fantastic, what a livery. :)

modri dirkac
24th February 2010, 08:10
Fiësta? What about Förd? :s mokin: :rolleyes: :D

Sulland
24th February 2010, 11:50
How many firm orders does M-Sport have for the Fiesta now ?

The IRC and SWRC start has not been commercially too bad for them !!! :D

fastboy
24th February 2010, 18:07
28 cars had definately been paid for before sweden and 3 more were sold during the rally.so the total as of last week was 31.

JRodrigues
24th February 2010, 18:43
It seems Bernardo Sousa will also have one for the Portuguese Championship. So that makes it 2 for him.

Sulland
24th February 2010, 18:45
28 cars had definately been paid for before sweden and 3 more were sold during the rally.so the total as of last week was 31.

So 19 to go before the 2010 target is reached - not bad in the end of February !

PLuto
24th February 2010, 19:36
But only 10 cars finished...

Macd
24th February 2010, 19:50
So 19 to go before the 2010 target is reached - not bad in the end of February !

Most cars are sold at the start of a season though. As most people will want to get their car for the whole season.

Barreis
24th February 2010, 19:55
Prize is not what FIA says: 260 000 GBP + VAT.. Worse and worse.. In two years will be twice.. xd

Sulland
24th February 2010, 21:28
But only 10 cars finished...

How many are M-Sport able to make a week ?

Francis44
1st March 2010, 09:44
Bernardo Sousa testing Fiesta S2000 in Arganil, Portugal.

Onboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no34IUJ0UiM&feature=player_embedded

Looks fast.

Francis44
6th March 2010, 22:38
Car goes pretty well on Tarmac....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_vNZE0aDE .

RS
6th March 2010, 22:50
Car goes pretty well on Tarmac....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_vNZE0aDE .

Great :D

Who says S2000 cars are crap to watch!

urabus-denoS2000
6th March 2010, 22:54
Awesome video !!

NRC
8th March 2010, 06:48
Charl Wilken South African MSport build Fiesta S2000 was destroyed in a fire on Sunday on the way to service.

http://www.rallyworld.net/images/morfeoshow/2010_total_t-2933/big/00-wilken.JPG

ProRally
9th March 2010, 13:59
In WRC Mexico the car from Michal Kosciuszko caught fire at TC in at the service park saturday midday, quickly put out.... but scary ......

Sulland
9th March 2010, 14:16
Are there similarities btw these two fires ?

ProRally
9th March 2010, 14:22
Are there similarities btw these two fires ?

Good question.... but I was in Mexico not in South Africa :D so hard to judge...

mousti
9th March 2010, 15:38
The SA Fiesta fire was caused by losing brake oil on SS8 and on the liaision he caught fire. Somebody knows what the cause was of Michal?

Sulland
9th March 2010, 17:35
Ok, and do we know why the other one caught fire ?

cardy
9th March 2010, 17:59
any pics of the south africa car?

Sulland
9th March 2010, 18:08
any pics of the south africa car?

Post 352 i think

Luis Pacheco
9th March 2010, 18:24
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/82515

cardy
9th March 2010, 21:54
any pics before the BBQ

Francis44
9th March 2010, 21:59
any pics before the BBQ

Scroll down, in the presention of pictures click till you find the one, it's the 6th pic ;) .

Sulland
9th March 2010, 21:59
http://www.s2000rally.com/car-detail.php?car=261

Tazz
10th March 2010, 06:47
The reports that state that a brakefluid leak started the SA fire is only speculation at the moment. Investigations are underway to determine the cause of the fire.

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 11:29
I have it from officials on the event that (and reading the teams own statement) that the brake fluid sprayed onto the cat converter and caught alight. Apparently while on fire the starter motor suddenly started trying to turn over and the car evently moved about 30 metres on its own. =S

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 11:35

Says a lot about rallying in SA that a Portugese site has more coverage of the damn rally than 3 SA sites! :angryfire :

sarally
10th March 2010, 16:48
There are still no facts found as to what caused the fire, the crew had driven 8km's from the end of the stage, stopped three times (once to remove helmets, 2 robots) before the fire broke out so brakes don't seem to be the issue. The fire started at the right rear where various elements could be the cause.
The car is said to be returning to the UK for a full forensic inspection but for now, it does not look like we will see Charl and Greg in the Cape event

NRC
11th March 2010, 06:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqY8W8ilmuA

Bruce D
11th March 2010, 06:10
Well good, they need to look at this carefully. Apparently a Fiesta did the same thing in Mexico on Saturday at the control point of a service park, fortunately they were able to put it out quickly. So it might be that the Fiesta has an issue. I know that we're sending a report to the FIA appeal that all S2000 cars be looked at cos they have too much flammable stuff in them, so when they catch alight it's difficult to stop them.

RICARDO75
11th March 2010, 23:47
Sergio Vallejo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wyXP7MhtIk

Red bull
13th March 2010, 08:23

cant wait to see the fiesta competing against the polos and toyotas which are dominant in SA championship especially with conrad behind the wheels,delight to the last bite :D :D :D

RICARDO75
18th March 2010, 22:03
Julien Maurin testing

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S6KfFNVNZhI/AAAAAAAAFkU/gfmMU6VDFIo/s640/touquet0102721.jpg

urabus-denoS2000
18th March 2010, 22:11
Wow :)

RICARDO75
19th March 2010, 00:26
Video from Team Nupel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ShtjlfXNDQ&feature=

RS
19th March 2010, 15:48
I like Maurin's livery. Is there any chance to see him in some IRC rounds again this year?

Mirek
19th March 2010, 15:53
I think so

Ondra WRC
19th March 2010, 16:34
New livery Tarabus Fiesta: http://www.bpa.cz/CZ/novinky/1898/ford_fiesta_s2000_jaromira_tarabuse_predstavuje_sv uj_design.html

Bobcat
19th March 2010, 16:42
Federico Villagra's newly liveried Munchi's Ford Fiesta S2000...

http://www.rallybuzz.com/wp-content/gallery/irc-rally-argentina-2010-service-park/Apoio030.jpg

http://www.rallybuzz.com/photos/Rally-Argentina-2010/Service-Park/Apoio032.jpg

atsiotras79
19th March 2010, 19:48
Small gallery... :)

Test - Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta S2000

http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=73171

Bobcat
19th March 2010, 20:02
http://www.ircseries.com//html/gallery/img/gallery/foto/VILLAGRA_17.JPG

tolis
19th March 2010, 20:43
Small gallery... :)

Test - Janne Tuohino - Ford Fiesta S2000

http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=73171
The only thing I can say is that I am jealous Tasos... :D

m.lowe
19th March 2010, 20:55
There will be a lot of Code 3 models being done with all these Ford Fiestas out when the model is released

ste898
20th March 2010, 07:20
Julien Maurin testing

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ft7TgGoxwak/S6KfFNVNZhI/AAAAAAAAFkU/gfmMU6VDFIo/s640/touquet0102721.jpg

That Fiesta is gorgeous, who's is it please can anyone give me info please.

HaCo
20th March 2010, 07:45
That Fiesta is gorgeous, who's is it please can anyone give me info please.

Just above the pic it says "Julien Maurin", he's driving le Rallye du Touquet in France this weekend. I like the car as well!

Red bull
20th March 2010, 07:59
any pictures of conrads fiesta yet?

ste898
20th March 2010, 10:14
Just above the pic it says "Julien Maurin", he's driving le Rallye du Touquet in France this weekend. I like the car as well!

Ahh I should have looked more closer...

But thankyou for that information.

Is the car a Ford Famce entry?

Mirek
20th March 2010, 10:59
The reason for yesterday's fire of Villagra's car was in onboard camera cables which were too close to exhaust pipe: http://www.rallyargentino.org.ar/ampliar_noticia.php?id_noti=2771

Bobcat
20th March 2010, 13:14
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcmoh3_rallye-du-touquet-2010-julien-mauri_auto

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3531/p1020633.jpg

alleskids
20th March 2010, 15:20
I really hope that Ford will jump BP/Castrol/Abu Dhabi for next year and ****ch to Yacco :) :)

ste898
20th March 2010, 17:23
I really hope that Ford will jump BP/Castrol/Abu Dhabi for next year and ****ch to Yacco :) :)

Yeh that would be brilliant as that Abu dabi part is dire

pettersolberg29
20th March 2010, 17:30
That Maurin car is delicious.

Sulland
22nd March 2010, 07:55
Yeh that would be brilliant as that Abu dabi part is dire

Abu dabi brings a lot of sterling, and I have nothing against that - but the Focus livery does not look good, and they need to change it - the sooner the better. Even mid season !!!

Pinto
22nd March 2010, 21:54
im sure Malcom dosent give a toss how the car looks or what people on forums think at the end of the day if the abu dabis are happy and keep trowing the dollars at him he'll not care if the car looks like a tractor.

Barreis
23rd March 2010, 08:58
Money talks for MW.. xd

sarally
24th March 2010, 12:24
Conrad Rautenbach's New M Sport Fiesta apparently blew a motor yesterday after just 20km's of testing for this weekends Cape Town rally.

Mirek
24th March 2010, 12:27
olala, again... Maurin's new car also suffered engine failure last weekend.

RICARDO75
24th March 2010, 13:16
Same problem in the Monte Carlo Rally?

Bobcat
25th March 2010, 17:19
Breen to use M-Sport Ford Fiesta S2000 on Circuit of Ireland http://www.rallybuzz.com/breens-fordfiestas2000-for-coi/

sarally
26th March 2010, 13:56
Cape town rally, South Africa, after SS4, Conrad Reutenbach ( in his new Fiesta) is lying 6th 18.8 seconds off leaders and 3.8 behind 5th spot.

RICARDO75
26th March 2010, 14:11
Do you know a link for the stage results?

sarally
26th March 2010, 16:17
AFTER SS 6 (END DAY 1) cONRAD IS STILL IN 6TH 23.7SECONDS BACK AND 0.5 SECONDS BEHIND 5TH.
wILL SEND YOU LINK AS SOON AS THE RESULTS ARE OUT. LEADERS ARE ONLY O.4 SECONDS APART. vERY CLOSE BETWEEN THE WORKS pOLO'S AND TOYOTA'S

cardy
26th March 2010, 19:36
any photos of conrad fiesta?

sarally
27th March 2010, 06:47
herewith link to SA Cape rally results after D1
http://www.rallyworld.net/attachments/ResultsD1.pdf

sarally
27th March 2010, 15:39
http://promotor.co.za/live/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/conrad-620x238.jpg

Barreis
27th March 2010, 15:42
Man doesn't need sponsorships..

sarally
27th March 2010, 15:42
Without a single stage win, Conrad (above) won the Cape Town rally by 2.1 seconds. Lying 6th overnight, Conrad drove a calculated rally while the other top runners self destructed,
Leader overnight (habig) hit a jump to hard and landed on the second one breaking everything in the front, Gemmell's failure is still uncertain and Cronje had propshaft problems

wwbroe
27th March 2010, 16:03
I allways knew Conrad had it in him. :D :D :D

Red bull
28th March 2010, 12:36
Man doesn't need sponsorships..
cause his conrad moneybags rautenbach :s mokin:

m.lowe
28th March 2010, 12:42
well done conrad

Red bull
28th March 2010, 12:51
hip hip hooooooray welcome back to the winning streak,hope you ll do a few rounds of the africa rally championship.

Langdale Forest
28th March 2010, 17:15
Conrad winning a rally!? :rolleyes:

Two years ago that would have been impossible. :rolleyes:

Walach
28th March 2010, 18:54
He won also Safari Rally 2007 :s mokin:

NRC
29th March 2010, 07:11
So Mr sarally. Will you be back for the Sasol?

sarally
29th March 2010, 08:26
I'll be on the Sasol rally with out a doubt, but at this stage, It looks like I'll be navigating my way around a coolerbox and some ice-cold brewskies. BUt who knows????

RICARDO75
2nd April 2010, 03:45
Al Qassimi on shakedown - Jordan Rally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mF0rkIchg8

ste898
4th April 2010, 21:50
What are the names of the Fiesta drivers in Spain Sweden and Portugal championship's please ?

Sardalense
4th April 2010, 22:12
What are the names of the Fiesta drivers in Spain Sweden and Portugal championship's please ?

Portugal - Bernardo Sousa

ste898
4th April 2010, 22:17
Portugal - Bernardo Sousa

Is he supported by Ford Portugal?

Sardalense
4th April 2010, 22:53
Is he supported by Ford Portugal?

He is not an official driver, but he has some support from Ford Portugal.

RICARDO75
4th April 2010, 23:09

Spain:
Sergio Vallejo and Alvaro Muñiz (Team Nupel)

Sweden:
no one

PLuto
7th April 2010, 22:07
Michal Solowow brought new Fiesta to his garage (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=399&p=36451#p36451)

ProRally
8th April 2010, 11:48
Michal Solowow brought new Fiesta to his garage (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=399&p=36451#p36451)

It must be nice to be the richest man in Poland and enjoy your hobby....

bluuford
8th April 2010, 12:27
I wonder how big is his garage :-)

ProRally
8th April 2010, 14:34
I wonder how big is his garage :-)

Quite large to store his helicopters and they are no R22 or R44 (nothing bad sad about those fine Robinsons) but his are LOT bigger....

So definitively big enough to store LOTS of S2000 cars :D

Luis Pacheco
10th April 2010, 23:17
Sousa and his second win in the Portuguese championship with the Fiesta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP2vlz0jho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP2vlz0jho

sarally
12th April 2010, 16:13
Charl Wilken and Greg Godrich will be getting a new Fiesta from M Sport for the rest of the 2010 South African championship after their car burnt out in the opening round in March.
The car will be arriving this week ahead of the Sasl rally on the 23rd/24th f April

Red bull
10th May 2010, 06:50
Charl Wilken and Greg Godrich will be getting a new Fiesta from M Sport for the rest of the 2010 South African championship after their car burnt out in the opening round in March.
The car will be arriving this week ahead of the Sasl rally on the 23rd/24th f April
thats great news cant wait to see ford vs polo vs toyota :D