PDA

View Full Version : So... how long until the Fisichella - Ferrari announcement?

Ranger
30th August 2009, 14:50
Bets in! :D

I'll say 5 days.

keysersoze
30th August 2009, 14:53
So does GF take a Ferrari drive for four lousy races and lose any shot at staying at Force India, or should we look at it as an opportunity to impress so he can at least get a PHONE CALL from another team about a drive next season?

gm99
30th August 2009, 14:54
Chances would probably have been better without Fisi's great performance this week-end, as I doubt Force India will be letting him go now, especially considering their other driver's sup-par performance at Spa.

Dave B
30th August 2009, 14:56
There's a suggestion that Force India still owe Ferrari some money, so maybe an arrangement could be found where Fisi is loaned out for the remainder of the season but kept under contract at FI. Some sources are saying the deal is already done, others are saying it won't happen at all.

All speculation: we'll have to wait and see.

wedge
30th August 2009, 15:03
From the BBC interview with the FI team manager sounds like its done and dusted. No attempts to deny nor rubbish the rumours.

truefan72
30th August 2009, 15:11
well after comfortably not really challenging kimi for the win, I suppose he has earned that seat. I think he could have won today. That car was clearly faster than the Ferrari

Hawkmoon
30th August 2009, 15:25
When was the last time an Italian raced for Ferrari in Italy? Capelli in '92?

The pressure on Fisi will/would be huge. More so because of his drive today.

gm99
30th August 2009, 15:30
When was the last time an Italian raced for Ferrari in Italy? Capelli in '92?

Larini standing in for Alesi at Imola '94 (of course I know this technically was the San Marino GP, but it was held in Italy).

Ranger
30th August 2009, 15:31
Larini standing in for Alesi at Imola '94 (of course I know this technically was the San Marino GP, but it was held in Italy).

Forgot about that!

Hopefully there's not so much pressure for Fisi, it wouldn't be reasonable to expect him to beat Raikkonen. If he gets points he will be doing a good job.

Hawkmoon
30th August 2009, 15:35

I'd forgotten about that. I thought it was only for the Pacific GP but you're right, Larini subbed for the following race at Imola too.

Somebody
30th August 2009, 15:37
Chances would probably have been better without Fisi's great performance this week-end, as I doubt Force India will be letting him go now, especially considering their other driver's sup-par performance at Spa.

Remember, Sutil took a major whack from Alonso at the first corner...

well after comfortably not really challenging kimi for the win, I suppose he has earned that seat. I think he could have won today. That car was clearly faster than the Ferrari
Not really - when you look down the field, it was littered with people swarming all over the back of someone else and being unable to get past. And, since Kimi had KERS *and* his car was nearly on par with the FI (a Ferrari nearly on par with a Force India...), Fisi couldn't attack at the couple of corners where there otherwise were a couple of overtakes.

wedge
30th August 2009, 15:52

During that race he admitted Ferrari used TC and nothing was done about it whereas there was a Benetton witch-hunt for most of the season!

ioan
30th August 2009, 15:56

I doubt that Fisi would have thrown away a win just for the sake of sitting in an average Ferrari.

Saint Devote
30th August 2009, 16:18
How could Fisichella turn down a request From ferrari to race from MONZA!!! onwards until the end of they year?

He will not. And how could Mallya stand in his way and then expect the Italian to try his best for FI? Ludicrous.

I was surprised by Fischella's peformance as I have considered him over the hill for some time. But today he drove a great driver.

I would like to see him in the Ferrari at Monza. If Ferrari do continue with Badoer then they really can be considered morons.

christophulus
30th August 2009, 16:22
Seems a logical move really - Force India pay off their debts to Ferrari and can afford to lose their better driver, especially as they've secured a load of money next year for scoring points. Sutil and Liuzzi(?) should do a good enough job for the rest of the year and maybe grab a few more points.

I doubt Fisichella needs much persuading to sit in the Ferrari at Monza anyway!

harsha
30th August 2009, 16:29
I think Jarno Trulli would be a better bet for the Ferrari team

keysersoze
30th August 2009, 16:34
I was surprised by Fischella's peformance as I have considered him over the hill for some time. But today he drove a great driver.

Ah, there you are! Good to see you Saint Devote. Where were you after qualifying? :D ,

Props to you for the compliment of Giancarlo.

Tazio
30th August 2009, 16:48
If they do it they better do it fast. He's needed now!
I could see Ferrari giving him a contract untill FM returns!
But unless he does something with his chance There will be no contract beyond then for sure!
Take that to the bank!
Stantander Bank ;)

Saint Devote
30th August 2009, 18:20
Ah, there you are! Good to see you Saint Devote. Where were you after qualifying? :D ,

Props to you for the compliment of Giancarlo.

Thank you :-]

After qualifying I was just stunned and disappointed that Jenson did not make it into Q3 and additionally I was amazed that neither did Lewis! Actually I still am!

And then pole to Fisi?!! That just made me feel as if I was in the Twilight Zone! But it was excellent and I was extremely pleased for him.

This time I did not appear after qualifying because I wanted to watch the GP2 race without knowing the results - not as good a race as in Hungary thats for sure.

Saint Devote
30th August 2009, 18:26
I think Jarno Trulli would be a better bet for the Ferrari team

Why do you reckon that? They have been pretty much evenly matched during their long careers but this weekend the way Fischella qualified and raced he was the class of the field and given his burning desire to race for the Ferrari team - imagine such a dream coming true at Monza of all places.

:-]

Saint Devote
30th August 2009, 18:33
Remember, Sutil took a major whack from Alonso at the first corner...

But Alonso was on the inside and Sutil came across and banged into Alonso's left front wheel which eventually caused his problem leading to retirement fromthe race after his pitstop.

That was a pity because watching Alonso race is always exciting and he had reached third prior to his stop from 13th.

jimakos
30th August 2009, 18:35
If they do it they better do it fast. He's needed now!
I could see Ferrari giving him a contract untill FM returns!
But unless he does something with his chance There will be no contract beyond then for sure!
Take that to the bank!
Stantander Bank ;)

Agree with what you said!
But if Fisichella goes to Ferrari what about FM next year?
Ferrari will participate with 3 drivers?

ioan
30th August 2009, 18:42
Agree with what you said!
But if Fisichella goes to Ferrari what about FM next year?
Ferrari will participate with 3 drivers?

They've already got 3 Fisi would be the 4th! :D

jimakos
30th August 2009, 18:44
They've already got 3 Fisi would be the 4th! :D

Whose 3rd mate?

ioan
30th August 2009, 18:46
Whose 3rd mate?

Kimi.

jimakos
30th August 2009, 18:51
Kimi.

And the other 2?
I thought kimi and Massa run for Ferrari and after Massa's accident Badoer took his place...

DexDexter
30th August 2009, 21:12
The problem for Fisi is that Force India could be the thing to have in Monza, why change to a car that is mediocre?

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 21:15

you consider everyone a bit over 30 as over the hill.
Fisi drove well today, but he has driven just as well in other races this year. The difference is that today the car was just really good and fast. Easily faster than the Ferrari.

jens
30th August 2009, 21:46
I don't get those arguments here like Ferrari is "mediocre". Ferrari is one of the fastest cars in race trim.

The main argument against Fisi going to Ferrari is that he has to get used to a new machinery and would likely underperform, which he wouldn't do in Force India as he is fully settled in.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 21:47
I don't get those arguments here like Ferrari is "mediocre". Ferrari is one of the fastest cars in race trim.
Red Bull, Force India were faster today.
McLaren and Brawns are hard to judge.

keysersoze
30th August 2009, 21:48
The main argument against Fisi going to Ferrari is that he has to get used to a new machinery and would likely underperform, which he wouldn't do in Force India as he is fully settled in.

Agreed. There is a strong case for GF to stay put.

F1boat
30th August 2009, 21:51

I agree. But Kimi is special! Better than Fisi and the RB drivers IMO.

jens
30th August 2009, 21:54

And what is the evidence that they were "faster"? I don't think anyone would have beaten Fisichella today in the same car, and I mean anyone, he trashed his team-mate all weekend. Also Vettel was superior to Webber this time. To me it looks like another attempt to create a legend around Kimi, as he is winning in "average car" and is by far the "fastest driver on the grid". He hasn't got a proper team-mate for comparison.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 21:56
I agree. But Kimi is special! Better than Fisi and the RB drivers IMO.

For sure.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:02
And what is the evidence that they were "faster"? I don't think anyone would have beaten Fisichella today in the same car, and I mean anyone, he trashed his team-mate all weekend.
Because
1)His teammate did not have the best of days
2)Is not that particulary good anyway
3)Force India got the their car working perfectly for this race. This was the first time this year that a medium downforce setup has been used by teams and it brough surprises.
To think that Fisi somehow drove a miracle race is idiotic. The car simply was really good this time. He has driven just as well in other times this year, beaten Sutil on pace by a clear margin, but gotten nowhere. Because his car simply has not been up to it. Today it was a brilliant car and easily better than Ferrari.

Also Vettel was superior to Webber this time.Because Webber lost his head after the incidents. But hey, if you think Vettel is really 1 second per sector faster than Kimi as a driver (as he was all day long in S2), go ahead, you have the right to say stupid things. Funny how STR drivers and Webber were really fast in S2 as well. Most be a coincidence.

To me it looks like another attempt to create a legend around Kimi, as he is winning in "average car" and is by far the "fastest driver on the grid". He hasn't got a proper team-mate for comparison.
You are an idiot if you claim such a thing.
There is no legend building, but facts are that he has always been excellent at Spa (or do you disagree?), whereas Fisi has never shone that much anywhere really.
Yet today, on Kimis favourite track, Fisi is faster than him, so Fisi must just have driven the race of his lifetime and it had little to do with the car.

What bullcrap.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:04
And what is the evidence that they were "faster"?.

Where the evidence that the Ferrari was faster, besides your bias btw?
Red Bull was able to do better laptimes than Ferrari easily, Fisichella was held up by Kimi all race long.

For you to claim Ferrari was not slower than them implies you think it was a driver issue, yet you have no proof for that. Nothing, none whatsoever. Only bias.

jens
30th August 2009, 22:07
Fisichella's drive may not have been a "miracle", but you seem to make it sound like Kimi's drive was a "miracle" in average car. Fisichella's career might be disappointing, but his career indicates that when everything is 100%, he can be among the fastest drivers. And this Spa race was that day.

And I also I'm not sure Fisi was "faster". On the opening laps Kimi seemed to open up a bit of a gap, then it stagnated and got smaller. Fisichella really didn't seem all over the back of that Ferrari in any part of the race track.

jens
30th August 2009, 22:10
Where the evidence that the Ferrari was faster, besides your bias btw?
Red Bull was able to do better laptimes than Ferrari easily, Fisichella was held up by Kimi all race long.

For you to claim Ferrari was not slower than them implies you think it was a driver issue, yet you have no proof for that. Nothing, none whatsoever. Only bias.

I wasn't saying Ferrari was "faster", if anything Ferrari and Force India were pretty much matched on this circuit.

And if you think a driver would score 24 points in 3 races in an "average car", it would indicate other drivers on the grid are useless. Do you think that? ;)

I have no idea, why do you underestimate Ferrari's race pace. And it was very good already before Massa's accident if we recall his rises from P11 and P8 to P4 and P3 at Silverstone and Nürburgring.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:10
Fisichella's drive may not have been a "miracle", but you seem to make it sound like Kimi's drive was a "miracle" in average car.
Again your kimi-phobia reveals its stupid head.
Kimi took full advantage of a good, but not the fastest or the best car and drove a very good race. He did not make any mistakes. There are no miracle drives, it is mostly dependent on the car.

Fisichella's career might be disappointing, but his career indicates that when everything is 100%, he can be among the fastest drivers. And this Spa race was that day.No.

And I also I'm not sure Fisi was "faster". On the opening laps Kimi seemed to open up a bit of a gap, then it stagnated and got smaller. Fisichella really didn't seem all over the back of that Ferrari in any part of the race track. Fisi was less than 1 second behind Kimi for most of the laps after the first few laps and he himself thought he was faster and could have won.
I am not sure what else do you want.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:13
I wasn't saying Ferrari was "faster", if anything Ferrari and Force India were pretty much matched on this circuit.
Fisi seemed to be held up by the Ferrari all the time.

And if you think a driver would score 24 points in 3 races in an "average car", it would indicate other drivers on the grid are useless. Do you think that? ;)
Where have I said the Ferrari is an average car? QUOTES.
That said, Ferrari was not the fastest at Hungary, Valencia or Spa.
At Hungary Red Bulls and McLarens were faster, same for Valencia (also brawns there) and today Red Bulls and FI were faster. What allowed Kimi to score points was that he did not make any mistakes and took full use of his car, but other drivers and teams did not realize their full potential.

I have no idea, why do you underestimate Ferrari's race pace. And it was very good already before Massa's accident if we recall his rises from P11 and P8 to P4 and P3 at Silverstone and Nürburgring. Ferrari is good in races, better than in qualys yes, but there have always been faster cars than them in races this year. Same today.

ioan
30th August 2009, 22:38
And what is the evidence that they were "faster"?

Because
1)His teammate did not have the best of days

Are you using Badoer's performance to prove that other cars are better than the Ferrari?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Joke of the century! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:39
Are you using Badoer's performance to prove that other cars are better than the Ferrari?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Joke of the century! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was talking about Sutil, that should be clear to anyone not drunk.

ioan
30th August 2009, 22:44
I was talking about Sutil, that should be clear to anyone not drunk.

That's even worse logic from you, because Sutil having a poorer race doesn't prove that Fisi had a better car than Kimi, unless your name is Garry Walker. :D
And resorting to personal attacks and mane calling just proves that you have nor arguments, typical case of losing out and resorting to violent language, something usual with you.

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:52
That's even worse logic from you, because Sutil having a poorer race doesn't prove that Fisi had a better car than Kimi, unless your name is Garry Walker. :D You are not making much sense, but your attempts at winding me up are funny. But hey, maybe if you keep working on it for years, maybe one day I will be in a bad mood and react :D

And resorting to personal attacks and mane calling just proves that you have nor arguments, typical case of losing out and resorting to violent language, something usual with you.
Violent language? Oh do behave.
What about your attacks on F1boat today? Pot kettle black.

ioan
30th August 2009, 22:56
You are not making much sense, but your attempts at winding me up are funny. But hey, maybe if you keep working on it for years, maybe one day I will be in a bad mood and react :D

Couldn't care less.

From now I'll spare some time, you've made it on my ignore list, so do not bother. :wave:

Garry Walker
30th August 2009, 22:57
Couldn't care less.

From now I'll spare some time, you've made it on my ignore list, so do not bother. :wave:

Aww :D

Quite sad that when you have run out of arguments, you choose such a way. But unfortunately, not that unexpected.

Hondo
30th August 2009, 23:41
Ferrari have never shown much interest in Fisi. Signing Fisi on to Ferrari at this point isn't likely to boost Ferrari much higher in the championship. However, if Force India and Fisi have come to good with their car, they could take some pressure off of the backside of those chasing Ferrari.

I doubt Fisi's phone is going to ring.

pino
31st August 2009, 07:14
Are you using Badoer's performance to prove that other cars are better than the Ferrari?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Joke of the century! :rotflmao:

Stop making fun of people you disagree with, that means no more :rotflmao: or :wave: in your posts, is that clear ? I am not going to ask this again !

Valve Bounce
31st August 2009, 10:34
So does GF take a Ferrari drive for four lousy races and lose any shot at staying at Force India, or should we look at it as an opportunity to impress so he can at least get a PHONE CALL from another team about a drive next season?

From what I heard from the commentary, Force India's owner Mr Malya had already graciously given the green light for Fisi to drive for Ferrari. If he does well there, then I'm sure the phone calls would be coming in; but Force India might be able to have a really good car for him when he returns, so no need to answer said phone calls.

callum122
31st August 2009, 11:28
Tuesday we hear Fisi is a Ferrari man.

wedge
31st August 2009, 12:13
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8229556.stm

Force India commercial director Ian Phillips told Radio 5 live on Monday: "We do expect a move will probably be made in the next 24 hours or so."

"Nobody's asked us yet but I think it's pretty likely that somebody will make a phone call to (Force India team boss) Vijay Mallya over the next 24 hours or so asking if we would release him to Ferrari.

DexDexter
31st August 2009, 14:07
And what is the evidence that they were "faster"? I don't think anyone would have beaten Fisichella today in the same car, and I mean anyone, he trashed his team-mate all weekend. Also Vettel was superior to Webber this time. To me it looks like another attempt to create a legend around Kimi, as he is winning in "average car" and is by far the "fastest driver on the grid". He hasn't got a proper team-mate for comparison.

Well, Ferrari haven't improved the car since Massa's accident so the car is not one of the best, their qualifying results show it quite clearly. Their race pace has been quite good all year but they've never been the quickest. So by Ferraris standards, that's a mediocre car. I'm not objective when it comes to Kimi but clearly the guy is something special in Spa, was also last year when he was in trouble on other circuits.

ioan
31st August 2009, 14:45
Well, Ferrari haven't improved the car since Massa's accident so the car is not one of the best, their qualifying results show it quite clearly. Their race pace has been quite good all year but they've never been the quickest. So by Ferraris standards, that's a mediocre car. I'm not objective when it comes to Kimi but clearly the guy is something special in Spa, was also last year when he was in trouble on other circuits.

The Ferrari is not the fastest car out there that's clear. But saying that the Force India is better is a bit of a stretch IMO.

jens
31st August 2009, 14:46

I like your mature response. :)

If we imagine that Fisi had managed to stay ahead of Kimi after SC, would he have driven away from him? I somehow doubt about that. And it looked like he had to press really hard in order to keep up with KR during the race. That's how their pace looked similar at least to me, as well as machineries. In 2008 Hamilton was trailing Räikkönen by no more than 2-3 seconds all race, so it was an even battle as well.

DexDexter
31st August 2009, 16:10
I like your mature response. :)

If we imagine that Fisi had managed to stay ahead of Kimi after SC, would he have driven away from him? I somehow doubt about that. And it looked like he had to press really hard in order to keep up with KR during the race. That's how their pace looked similar at least to me, as well as machineries. In 2008 Hamilton was trailing Räikkönen by no more than 2-3 seconds all race, so it was an even battle as well.

There wasn't a LOT of difference between the race pace of Force India and Ferrari, I think that's safe to say. One can speculate endlessly about whether Force India's pace is more to the car and Ferrari's to the driver but that will lead to nothing.

markabilly
1st September 2009, 02:08
Another dumb decision by ferrari, if true, :rotflmao:

Because why would anyone with a little bit of common sense would want to replace one slow butt Italian racing driver with another italian who is only a little faster, and is so willing to be a lap dog, he will not even attempt a pass on kimi.

Oh, maybe that is it, lap dog is what is wanted, not real racing driver..... :rolleyes:

maybe he wants to be Alonso #2 after all.

keysersoze
1st September 2009, 02:20
Because why would anyone with a little bit of common sense would want to replace one slow butt Italian racing driver with another italian who is only a little faster, and is so willing to be a lap dog, he will not even attempt a pass on kimi.

Fisi never got close enough to even attempt a pass, much less make one. I didn't even see him pull out of the slipstream to "take a look."

GF kept saying he was faster than Kimi, but I'm not so sure. Even if he was--and managed to get ahead, KR had KERS, and Fisi was going to be sitting duck again. I knew as soon as the SC came out that Kimi was immediately going to take the lead on the restart. Giancarlo did the best he could do--hound the Finn and hope for a mistake, either by him or his pit crew. Unfortunately for the Italian, the mistake never came.

Valve Bounce
1st September 2009, 03:56

"AUTOSPORT understands that Force India still has outstanding debts with Ferrari as a hangover from its customer engine deal, and it is not clear what influence these will have on any negotiations between the two teams regarding Fisichella.

There is also the interesting point of who will replace Fisi at Force Inda. If he does go to Ferrari, it will be until Massa can drive again; and that leaves a vacant in what has suddenly become a very fast car that can win races.

truefan72
1st September 2009, 07:37
The Ferrari is not the fastest car out there that's clear. But saying that the Force India is better is a bit of a stretch IMO.

not that much of a strecht, I think that for the latter part of this year, the force india will be a better car than the Ferrari. They were better already at Spa and I am still midffed how fisichella never attempted a pass on him. He would have moved clear of kimi once he passed him.

blame has also got to go to the team who should have left him out one lap later than kimi or brought him in one lap earlier than kimi to switch the status quo.

Anyway on to Fisi.
I think this is his swan song. He will drive for Ferrari for the remainder of the year and I think Force India won't invite him back. There is too much talent out there waiting at the wings. I could even see Hulkenberg or Petrov get a brief spell at Force India for a few races.
He will probably retire at the end of the year and make the smooth transition into team management. Maybe with the phoenix that rises from the BMW ashes.

DexDexter
1st September 2009, 08:34
Anyway on to Fisi.
I think this is his swan song. He will drive for Ferrari for the remainder of the year and I think Force India won't invite him back. There is too much talent out there waiting at the wings. I could even see Hulkenberg or Petrov get a brief spell at Force India for a few races.
He will probably retire at the end of the year and make the smooth transition into team management. Maybe with the phoenix that rises from the BMW ashes.

What talent? If Fisi goes, Sutil needs to go as well. It's clear that at the moment there are quite a lot of experienced, older drivers in F1 who are not over the hill at all. For example Trulli is beating his younger teammate, Heidfeld is quite strong. People just look at the name, age and for how long somebody has been in F1, when in reality they should look at drivers' performance against their teammates.

I am evil Homer
1st September 2009, 09:12
"AUTOSPORT understands that Force India still has outstanding debts with Ferrari as a hangover from its customer engine deal, and it is not clear what influence these will have on any negotiations between the two teams regarding Fisichella.

There is also the interesting point of who will replace Fisi at Force Inda. If he does go to Ferrari, it will be until Massa can drive again; and that leaves a vacant in what has suddenly become a very fast car that can win races.

Errr...Luizzi, FI's nominated driver.

truefan72
1st September 2009, 12:45
What talent? If Fisi goes, Sutil needs to go as well. It's clear that at the moment there are quite a lot of experienced, older drivers in F1 who are not over the hill at all. For example Trulli is beating his younger teammate, Heidfeld is quite strong. People just look at the name, age and for how long somebody has been in F1, when in reality they should look at drivers' performance against their teammates.

I've never cared for teammate comparisons as i believe that no 2 cars are setup the same or are built to each driver's specification. I also think that teammate comparisons make good talk for announcers and forums but are not and should not be a deciding factor in a driver retaining his seat. You are competing against 19 other drivers not your teammate.

But I do agree that older drivers are given much less consideration despite their performances than younger drivers. However there are graceful ways to exit the sport and then there are painful to watch ways to exit the sport. Fisichella has had a good F1 career and has been a very serviceable driver, but if I am a team boss and took a good look at the F1 landscape, i would not hesitate to take, a petrov, Hulkenberg, or other younger driver over Fisi at this stage. At the very most, I think he has one more good year in him and the question you have to ask is, would i pass up on a great young driver, for one more year of fisi?

I do like fisi and was screaming at my telly for him to push and make a move on kimi, but I think that he is in the twilight of his career, and its always better to walk through that door with your head high, than shown the door.

truefan72
1st September 2009, 12:48
looks like Fisi to Ferrari might not happen after both he and VJM have refuted claims of discussions between the two teams and driver, along with fisi saying that hi is looking forward to being in a force India in monza

eurosport reports...never mind the misleading sensationalist title
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/01092009/58/force-india-deny-fisi-ferrari-move.html

ioan
1st September 2009, 12:50
You are competing against 19 other drivers not your teammate.

Tell that to a certain Ron Dennis.

ioan
1st September 2009, 12:51
looks like Fisi to Ferrari might not happen after both he and VJM have refuted claims of discussions between the two teams and driver, along with fisi saying that hi is looking forward to being in a force India in monza

eurosport reports...never mind the misleading sensationalist title
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/01092009/58/force-india-deny-fisi-ferrari-move.html

In this case I'm positive about Fisi to Ferrari being announced this week.

keysersoze
1st September 2009, 14:18
Giancarlo had a great weekend at Spa--I can't take that away from him. The rest of his season has been at best respectable (well, Britain was dang good, only 3-4 seconds out of 8th spot), and I've been disappointed that he hasn't put Sutil away.

But I would like to see him have at least one more stellar drive in a Force India and perhaps put himself in line for a race seat next year. JMO, but I just don't think a 5-race Ferrari deal will put GF in the most flattering light--Ferrari are not developing the car whereas the FI is going forward.

Tazio
1st September 2009, 14:23
I've never cared for teammate comparisons as i believe that no 2 cars are setup the same or are built to each driver's specification. I also think that teammate comparisons make good talk for announcers and forums but are not and should not be a deciding factor in a driver retaining his seat. You are competing against 19 other drivers not your teammate.

But I do agree that older drivers are given much less consideration despite their performances than younger drivers. However there are graceful ways to exit the sport and then there are painful to watch ways to exit the sport. Fisichella has had a good F1 career and has been a very serviceable driver, but if I am a team boss and took a good look at the F1 landscape, i would not hesitate to take, a petrov, Hulkenberg, or other younger driver over Fisi at this stage. At the very most, I think he has one more good year in him and the question you have to ask is, would i pass up on a great young driver, for one more year of fisi?

I do like fisi and was screaming at my telly for him to push and make a move on kimi, but I think that he is in the twilight of his career, and its always better to walk through that door with your head high, than shown the door.

:up: :)

Tazio
1st September 2009, 14:29
Another dumb decision by ferrari, if true, :rotflmao:

Oh, maybe that is it, lap dog is what is wanted, not real racing driver..... :rolleyes:

maybe he wants to be Alonso #2 after all.
I think they should give it to Scott Speed :p :
Yep Mark I'm back on the Juice :beer:

ioan
1st September 2009, 14:47
:up: :)

Or Jean Todt and Flav :p

Where did JT anFB ever said that their teams were racing one of their own drivers? :confused:

romeotud
1st September 2009, 20:53
"All parties concerned have reached an agreement today. Giancarlo Fisichella will drive the No.3 F60 from the Grand Prix of Italy until the end of the 2009 season. The announcement should be made tomorrow."
Source: http://www.autohebdo.fr/f1/f1/breve-25-25-2903/010909-fisico-ferrari-annonce-demain

ioan
1st September 2009, 20:54
That's great. Finally. :up:

I am evil Homer
1st September 2009, 21:08
Yep good to have to confirmed for everyone and put those "massa will be back for Brazil" rumours to bed.

CNR
1st September 2009, 21:39
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090902/SPORT/709019849/1173

Meanwhile Ferrari say Felipe Massa has passed his latest medical tests and is well on the way to being ready for the start of next season’s championship.

The Brazilian, who suffered a fractured skull after a crash in qualifying for July’s Hungarian Grand Prix, underwent neurological and vision tests in Miami following a visit with racing injuries specialist Steve Olvey. “After the small cranium surgery that I will have done in the next few days I can finally start working out a little in the gym to get back in form, and then I can start some kart training,” he said.

“When will I be back on a Formula One track? Let’s take one step at a time. Right now I’m just focused on starting physical activity again, which is a big step forward.”

While he is still hoping to compete at his home Grand Prix in Sao Paulo on October 18 and then Abu Dhabi on November 1, Ferrari are reluctant to set a date for his comeback.

The Italian team are said to be considering Giancarlo Fisichella, the Force India driver, and BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica for short-term roles following the disappointing performances of Luca Badoer, who was promoted from test driver to deputise for Massa.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/20090901/fisichella-will-not-joining-ferrari-says-force-india-chief.htm
Fisichella will not be joining Ferrari, says Force India chief

- Thirty-six year old Giancarlo Fisichella, who gave Indian F1 team Force India its first podium finish on Sunday by finishing second at the Belgian Grand Prix, will be staying put, team boss Vijay Mallya said, brushing off rumors of the Italian's possible move to Ferrari.

DexDexter
1st September 2009, 21:49
I shall not explain it mate, I'll wait for the penny to drop..

I did actually agree with your statement... ;)

:D He didn't get it.

Sleeper
1st September 2009, 22:14
blame has also got to go to the team who should have left him out one lap later than kimi or brought him in one lap earlier than kimi to switch the status quo.

What blame? Spa has quite a high penalty for carrying extra weight because of the long lap and the very fast corners of sector 2.

Its also worth remembering that Fisi started with less fuel but both came in on lap 14 then Fisi took on less fuel and then came in on the same lap as Kimi again, despite people on the pit wall thinking Kimi would have been in the lap after.

Now that it seems clear that Massa wont be back before the end of the year I expect we will hear who is replacing Badoer soon, and Fisi does seem like the best prospect being mentioned.

Valve Bounce
1st September 2009, 23:54
What blame? Spa has quite a high penalty for carrying extra weight because of the long lap and the very fast corners of sector 2.

Its also worth remembering that Fisi started with less fuel but both came in on lap 14 then Fisi took on less fuel and then came in on the same lap as Kimi again, despite people on the pit wall thinking Kimi would have been in the lap after.

Now that it seems clear that Massa wont be back before the end of the year I expect we will hear who is replacing Badoer soon, and Fisi does seem like the best prospect being mentioned.

Are we going backwards in time? :confused:

ClarkFan
2nd September 2009, 15:55
I would only see it possible for Fisichella to get in a Ferrari is if he really does intend to hang up his helmet at the end of the year and wants a 5-race "farewell tour" at the end. No way Force India would take him back and Force India was his last chance when he signed there.

Even then it may not happen. Force India has to let him go and I would expect that after Spa the team has hopes to do some more business before the end of the year. Keeping ahold of Fisi is their best shot to get some more results.

ClarkFan

ioan
2nd September 2009, 16:08
I would only see it possible for Fisichella to get in a Ferrari is if he really does intend to hang up his helmet at the end of the year and wants a 5-race "farewell tour" at the end. No way Force India would take him back and Force India was his last chance when he signed there.

Even then it may not happen. Force India has to let him go and I would expect that after Spa the team has hopes to do some more business before the end of the year. Keeping ahold of Fisi is their best shot to get some more results.

ClarkFan

Maybe Force India can come up, before next week end, with the millions they ow Ferrari?

IMO they will be happy to have their debts canceled for such a small service.

jimakos
2nd September 2009, 16:11

ClarkFan
Total agree with you mate!
Force India won't let him go so easy...
Fisi must think it very well before signs in Ferrari :s mokin:

Firstgear
2nd September 2009, 16:16
IMO they will be happy to have their debts canceled for such a small service.

How big is this debt?

Maybe FI are thinking that with the good car they have now, Fisi can bring in enough constructors points in the rest of the season to earn the team more cash than what the debt to Ferrari is.

They only need 10 points to jump from 9th to 7th in the constructors.

ioan
2nd September 2009, 19:30
How big is this debt?

4.2 millions is what it's rumored.

Maybe FI are thinking that with the good car they have now, Fisi can bring in enough constructors points in the rest of the season to earn the team more cash than what the debt to Ferrari is.

They only need 10 points to jump from 9th to 7th in the constructors.

The 4.2 millions from Ferrari would be a certitude over a probable better position in the WCC, which might or might not come with the extra 4.2 millions.
We have to consider that they need 10 points over teams that are not standing still either. Look at BMW this past week, they got their best overall result of the year with both cars in the points.

Firstgear
2nd September 2009, 21:08
The 4.2 millions from Ferrari would be a certitude over a probable better position in the WCC, which might or might not come with the extra 4.2 millions.
We have to consider that they need 10 points over teams that are not standing still either. Look at BMW this past week, they got their best overall result of the year with both cars in the points.

That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. They have to weigh the probability of gaining in the standing against the amount they would get if they can do it. If they figure the chances of getting 7th are 50/50, and the reward is anextra $50M - then go for it. If it's 50/50 with a reward of 5M then let Fisi walk.

10 points in 5 races is only 2 points per race more than BMW and STR. Sounds pretty doable after their form from Spa. It may be even easier if saying no reguarding Fisi means that Ferrari go to poach Kubica.

Also, there was more carnage at Spa than most recent races. If things go back to normal - BMW's best may still not be enough to get them points.

Ghostwalker
2nd September 2009, 21:17
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/motor/formel1/article5732390.ab

the article above claims that Ferrari is after Kubica as well as a driver for the 2nd ferrari for the rest of this season.
The article refer to the italian sports magazin ,Gazzetta dello Sport.

The article claims that Kubica is their first choice and if BMW will let him go Ferrai will assist Peter Sauber with engines to who ever buys the BMW-Sauber F1 team.

The article also clains that Fisi might be offered a job as a testdriver next season and that Kubica might be offered a "permanent employment" for next year if they make the move to Ferrari this season.

ioan
2nd September 2009, 21:39
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/motor/formel1/article5732390.ab

the article above claims that Ferrari is after Kubica as well as a driver for the 2nd ferrari for the rest of this season.
The article refer to the italian sports magazin ,Gazzetta dello Sport.

The article claims that Kubica is their first choice and if BMW will let him go Ferrai will assist Peter Sauber with engines to who ever buys the BMW-Sauber F1 team.

The article also clains that Fisi might be offered a job as a testdriver next season and that Kubica might be offered a "permanent employment" for next year if they make the move to Ferrari this season.

So Ferrari are going to have 4 drivers in 2 cars next season.

Big Ben
2nd September 2009, 21:47

or 5 in 3.

Helstar
3rd September 2009, 04:28
In this article http://www.sportmediaset.it/formula1/articoli/articolo26248.shtml are listed all the reasons pro/versus for both Kubica/Fisi.

Maranello is working mostly on Kubica, but it's difficult. He doesn't accept to drive these few GPs only, without a promise for next year or at least 2011.

Kubica also is very tall driver and the Ferrari wasn't developed with that in mind, while Fisi is instead ok in this matter.

But Mallya wants a discount for the debt he owes to Ferrari (probably the whole sum - note by me ^^).

Tazio
3rd September 2009, 06:12
Put CK in the Ferrari. They could get him for a song. He could get as much out of the F60 as SB, Tonio or the fish wrap!
The Austrian has ice in his freaking veins, and in a fast car would excel. MO

Hawkmoon
3rd September 2009, 10:16
I'm sure I read that Fisichella used have a clause written into his contracts that allowed him to leave his current team if Ferrari came calling. I think that clause may have prevented Williams from signing him at one point.

Maybe Vijay doesn't have a say in whether Fisi stays or goes. Maybe the ball is entirely in Ferrari's court?

paddocknews
3rd September 2009, 12:45
BREAKING NEWS: Panicking Badoer pretends to have ‘lost the keys’ to second Ferrari

DexDexter
3rd September 2009, 13:27
BREAKING NEWS: Panicking Badoer pretends to have ‘lost the keys’ to second Ferrari

They don't have keys in them :D

I am evil Homer
3rd September 2009, 13:37
They don't have a reverse gear either but you wouldn't know judging from his last two GPs because I swear he was going backwards...

pino
3rd September 2009, 13:57
Ferrari will announce today at 16:30 cet, Massa's new substitude !

ClarkFan
3rd September 2009, 14:51
They will need to expand the cockpits. And how do you account for that in meeting the weight limit??? :confused:

:p

ClarkFan