PDA

View Full Version : please, no 3 car teams

truefan72
29th August 2009, 09:08
I think it is a terrible idea.

bad for the sport, bad for the competition and bad for the fans

what happened to the cost cutting, "the economy and money is in a crisis" stance the fia and fota adopted. Man There are a millions reason why it is a bad idea.

ioan
29th August 2009, 09:31
The crisis is nearing it's end, you should know that by now! ;)

CNR
29th August 2009, 09:40
I think it is a terrible idea.

bad for the sport, bad for the competition and bad for the fans

what happened to the cost cutting, "the economy and money is in a crisis" stance the fia and fota adopted. Man There are a millions reason why it is a bad idea.

it could be good let them race each other 3 top drivers in the one team
all going for the win

2003 Bathurst 24 Hour - The Finish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2iFcqqUvU)

Sonic
29th August 2009, 09:51
I'm with you true. The idea of the three car team was plausable when it looked like we might just get 16/18 cars on the grid, but with numbers healthier three car teams are both pointless and confusing.

UltimateDanGTR
29th August 2009, 10:21
The crisis is nearing it's end, you should know that by now! ;)

I think you're wrong, F1 is always in some various crisis these days ;)

but 3 car teams wont happen thankfully, other wise Force India would have no chance to score points, let alone he 3 new teams next year. But because of the new teams, we dont need 3 car teams anyway and grids will be strong next year, until campos pull out due to not having enough money :rolleyes:

but 3 car teams were an idea mainly floating around for the 'Formula FOTA' breakaway series, (or as i saw on the interweb recently, 'Formula teddy out of the pram', or as i call it 'Formula Freedom') where i would have supported 3 car teams if there were only 8 teams, aslong as they had a different points system.

Dave B
29th August 2009, 10:28
This is simply Ferrari crying because they've made a mess of their contract negotiations and now have three drivers under contract for 2010 plus Schuey hanging around in the wings with an itch to scratch. None of the other teams will agree to this, and rightly so.

The only way 3-car teams should be allowed is if it's purely for developing new drivers and with no championship points.

If Ferrari want more cars on the grid, they can always buy up BMW-Sauber and run a "B" team in the mode of RBR/TR.

F1boat
29th August 2009, 11:17
This is simply Ferrari crying because they've made a mess of their contract negotiations and now have three drivers under contract for 2010 plus Schuey hanging around in the wings with an itch to scratch. None of the other teams will agree to this, and rightly so.

The only way 3-car teams should be allowed is if it's purely for developing new drivers and with no championship points.

If Ferrari want more cars on the grid, they can always buy up BMW-Sauber and run a "B" team in the mode of RBR/TR.

I agree.

emporer_k
29th August 2009, 11:23
With 12 or 13 teams for next year depending on what happens to BMW and its place there isn't a need for 3 car teams.

Hawkmoon
29th August 2009, 15:04
From a pure racing point of view, putting more good drivers in good cars cannot be a bad thing. Sure the idea has some drawbacks from a business point of view but I don't think the idea is that bad.

ShiftingGears
29th August 2009, 15:07
From a pure racing point of view, putting more good drivers in good cars cannot be a bad thing. Sure the idea has some drawbacks from a business point of view but I don't think the idea is that bad.

I agree.

UltimateDanGTR
29th August 2009, 18:37

now theres an idea. 'scuderia toro maranello?' anyone?

jens
29th August 2009, 18:58
I don't like the 3-car team idea largely because then the lesser teams would have even less chances to get good results. As a result we might end up with fewer teams on the grid and as a result - less variety.

edv
29th August 2009, 23:03
Well, that could be solved either by awarding points up to 12th place, or else only awarding points to 2 of the 3 cars elected before the race.
Would make for very busy pit boxes, though.

call_me_andrew
30th August 2009, 05:15
3 cars is just fine and dandy as long as the points change. Everyone builds the extra car anyway.

speeddurango
30th August 2009, 05:50
Yeah, larger grid is always more fun as long as they gave those underdogs a chance to get some points home.