PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Ricciardo to get F1 test

Ranger
26th August 2009, 10:12
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=854610

I dare say he'll be the next in line for a drive at STR, possibly next year.

pino
26th August 2009, 10:18
Would be nice to have another "italian" in F1 :p :

Saint Devote
26th August 2009, 10:47
He has done admirably in f3 this year and deserves an f1 test.

He has to be at least race in GP2 next year.

CNR
26th August 2009, 10:51

no way mate
http://www.danielricciardo.com/daniel-s-profile.html

ioan
26th August 2009, 11:08
no way mate
http://www.danielricciardo.com/daniel-s-profile.html

;)

AJP
26th August 2009, 11:20

:)

ShiftingGears
26th August 2009, 11:39

Ha! :p :

pino
26th August 2009, 12:20
Guys, surname Ricciardo is australian as much as mine ;)

ioan
26th August 2009, 12:50

Maybe his grand-grandfather was Italian! :)

Tumbo
26th August 2009, 14:34
yeh he has an italian surname so must be from that country - heard him talk pino? he's more aussie than I am - born in bloody Perth; no stealing our 'home grown' talent u Europeans lol! :p

jens
26th August 2009, 15:38
Yeah, he has been very impressive in British F3 as a rookie, reminiscent of Alguersuari's win last year, who was also a rookie. Although admittedly this years BF3 drivers' pool is slightly weaker than a year ago. I would like to see "Ricci" in GP2 next year as well. Together with Jules Bianchi and Valtteri Bottas I think he is one of the brightest future talents among those, who haven't stepped into GP2 yet.

ClarkFan
28th August 2009, 01:22
You're Australian? When did they change their flag?

:p

ClarkFan

Saint Devote
28th August 2009, 02:40
Yeah, he has been very impressive in British F3 as a rookie, reminiscent of Alguersuari's win last year, who was also a rookie. Although admittedly this years BF3 drivers' pool is slightly weaker than a year ago. I would like to see "Ricci" in GP2 next year as well. Together with Jules Bianchi and Valtteri Bottas I think he is one of the brightest future talents among those, who haven't stepped into GP2 yet.

Of course its great and is just further reason why these f1 geriatrics should get out of the way, including Villeneuve and Schumacher.

Bianchi's grandfather was the Le Mans 24 hour winner.

And if these drivers shine in f3 then put them in f1. Piquet, Prost, Raikonnen for example never went near an f2 car and, I realize its years ago but Emerson and Jody were barely in single seaters 18 moths or so in England and were given f1 opportunities by Chapman and Teddy Mayer respectively.

The cars change but drivers are still the same and if they show potential let them through.

racer69
28th August 2009, 09:50
Bianchi's grandfather was the Le Mans 24 hour winner.

Lucian?

He had a connection with Australia as well. Leading into the final stages of the 1968 London-Sydney Marathon, his Citroen was involved in a crash with a civilian car, losing the win within sight of the flag.

Sleeper
28th August 2009, 12:08
He certainly seems to be a very good driver, as does his main rival Renger van der Zand.

Both should be in GP2 next year.

RJL25
28th August 2009, 15:36
funny thing is that european names are pretty much the normal standard here in Australia, we are more or less a country settled in miagrants ofcourse, names like ricciardo, galekovic, sloberdemanovic, are all as standard as smith down here!

Back on topic, Daniel is the best young hope we have going at the moment in Australia, I would like to see him have a full season of GP2 under his belt though before there is any talk of a full time F1 seat, you can't rush these things, he is blindingly quick but still very raw and very inexperienced. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in two seperate championships last season after giving up big points advantages half way through the season...

RJL25
28th August 2009, 15:40
sorry, he did win one of the championships he was competeing in last year, and lost the other one after giving up a big lead.

He doesn't look like he will have the same end of season stutters this year however which is good to see, always a good sign when a young bloke learns from his mistakes

jens
28th August 2009, 18:09
I personally suspect Ricciardo might drive in World Series by Renault next year. Red Bull tends to send its youngsters to WSR after Formula 3, in the past for instance Vettel (from Euro F3 though) and Alguersuari have gone that way... And if the experience of those two drivers thus far is anything to go by, Tost will bring Daniel in in mid-2010 after one of the STR drivers has been "underperforming". :dozey:

millencolin
29th August 2009, 10:03

Lol, I think its a pretty standard last name in Australia, just like Giannopoulos, Colosomo, Farina, Aloisi, Grella, Bresciano (and about half of the Socceroos team) etc etc.

Not all Australians are called 'Smith' 'Jones' or 'Johnson' :p :

Ricciardo is doing a hell of a job! It will be interesting to see how he goes in a F1 test.

pino
29th August 2009, 10:17
Lol, I think its a pretty standard last name in Australia, just like Giannopoulos, Colosomo, Farina, Aloisi, Grella, Bresciano (and about half of the Socceroos team) etc etc.

Not all Australians are called 'Smith' 'Jones' or 'Johnson' :p :

Not a surprise, considering that a couple of millions italians have moved to Australia many years ago :p :