PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Loeb

MJW
25th August 2009, 20:26
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77987
Either do it (jump to F1) and have the beleif in your abilities or shut up about it.

Allyc85
25th August 2009, 20:28
Why should he?

MJW
25th August 2009, 20:40
Why should he?
What I am saying is if Loeb wants to do F1 is just to have the courage of his conviction and make the change. My thoughts are that Loeb is getting distracted by this F1 in the background, (like Prodrive did) and it is manifesting itself in more mistakes. There is a lot going on with Kimi rallying, it would be better if Loeb either entered F1 and sank or swam or concentrate on the WRC.

Barreis
25th August 2009, 22:53
Man wants to try.. :)

lcd
26th August 2009, 06:52
...My thoughts are that Loeb is getting distracted by this F1 in the background...it would be better if Loeb either entered F1 and sank or swam or concentrate on the WRC.

Agreed there...Too much talking about the F1 thing!
I'm feeling like this situation Is being deliberately maintained... ;)

jimakos
26th August 2009, 07:28
I also believe that this story must stop!!
If Loeb wants to go in F1 Let's do it for our quiet.
WRC loses from this what happen and Loeb can't concetrate in his now job :mad:

ste898
26th August 2009, 09:27
H ewill now go to F1 because the competition in WRC is now getting stronger and he won't like that, plus the events wont be made for him maybe quite so much as in recent years.

alexlake
26th August 2009, 17:21
H ewill now go to F1 because the competition in WRC is now getting stronger and he won't like that, plus the events wont be made for him maybe quite so much as in recent years.

that is pretty much bull. Loeb has beaten some of the best over the years. And, to say the championship has been moulded to his liking is just foolish.

lcd
26th August 2009, 17:30
He will now go to F1 because the competition in WRC is now getting stronger and he won't like that...

Nah...! Don't think he's scared of something. Either he's bored or
he's heading for the big money...

Fischer
26th August 2009, 21:40
Something tells me he's not interested in the money...

Barreis
26th August 2009, 21:43
I agree..

macksrallye
27th August 2009, 01:30
I don't think Loeb is afraid of anything within rallying, nor should he be, the current generation of drivers aren't exactly the masters of years gone by. Don't get me wrong Loeb is good but i don't believe he is the best either. Look at it this way, the ratio of results (ie: placings) pre kilometer driven nowadays is much higher than it has ever been. Loeb has been succesful against some great drivers (all of whom were in the twilight years of their competative career). I think if RB hadn't fallen ill the Loeb story would have been very different.

As for F1, it's a new challenge & that's what Seb needs, he's bored with rally just as Kimi is with F1, but if he want's to do it, just do it, don't do a little of both as it will hurt his chances of success in both forms of motorsport.

ShiftingGears
27th August 2009, 03:30

Yeah, just like Schumacher left F1 because he was intimidated by Raikkonen?

Total garbage.

gloomyDAY
27th August 2009, 05:48
Seb has got to be bored!

Just keeps walking all over everyone.
The man wants a challenge.

He should give F1 a go.

lcd
27th August 2009, 06:58
...He should give F1 a go.

Isn't he kind of old for F1 ?

jimakos
27th August 2009, 08:27
Isn't he kind of old for F1 ?

Agree!In his 35 he can't be as competitive as he want.
Have a look to Badoer who came back in f1 in his 38 and finished in last positions!
I think Loeb wants to take the flashes on him with his transfer in F1 ;)

tmx
27th August 2009, 18:44
I feel people will be using this as an excuse for Loeb when he is losing to Hirvonen.

Helstar
27th August 2009, 18:48
You can't compare Badoer to Loeb, the french in the Red Bull test wasn't the last either ...

Badoer is simply slow, always been (yes he drove a slow car back in time but he wasn't even beating his own team-mates !).

gloomyDAY
27th August 2009, 21:33
Isn't he kind of old for F1 ?Not really.

I think he needs to be more fit. A few years in F1 to finish an illustrious career.

koko0703
28th August 2009, 14:28
I'll say let him do whatever he wants to give a shot. I don't mind seeing Loeb kicking a** of some F1 drivers on the race tracks.

jimakos
28th August 2009, 17:25
I feel people will be using this as an excuse for Loeb when he is losing to Hirvonen.

I like the way you are thinking tmx!!!