PDA

View Full Version : Brawn secure long term sponsorship.

Knock-on
25th August 2009, 14:06
Very good news.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77990

Guess we will soon find out who.

52Paddy
25th August 2009, 14:21
Good news for them. Its easy to forget that up to now, their place in F1 2010 was not necessarily guaranteed.

Donney
25th August 2009, 14:24
Good.

F1boat
25th August 2009, 14:26
Good news!

Mark
25th August 2009, 14:28
Great news. We need them to stick around in F1 and I think the sport is all the richer for having a proper racing team taking part, not another manufacturer team. The legacy of Tyrrell lives on!

I do hope they keep the majority of their livery for next year, I have to say it's probably the best looking car on the grid in 2009.

ArrowsFA1
25th August 2009, 14:35
The legacy of Tyrrell lives on!
It's funny to think that, before settling on Brawn GP, the team considered reviving the Tyrrell name :)

It's great to hear Brawn are settled for the next few years. The lack of sponsorship on the car (remember those all blue Tyrrells?) this year has created a few worries and rumours but the team have quietly got on with things. Hopefully they'll get their reward with one or both of the titles this year and then we'll see who the new sponsors are :cool:

ioan
25th August 2009, 14:44
Great news! :up:
I'm very happy for them. :)

ioan
25th August 2009, 14:47
Good news for them. Its easy to forget that up to now, their place in F1 2010 was not necessarily guaranteed.

That is BS.
Winning the championship will almost cover their financial needs for next season given the cost cutting measures agreed by the FOTA teams.
IMO they are looking a bit further up the road and trying to secure the future of the team for more years to come.

Knock-on
25th August 2009, 14:59
The legacy of Tyrrell lives on!

The Legacy of Tyrrell lives on every time I hop in my Kit car, or it will do when we get the suspension finished ;)

UltimateDanGTR
25th August 2009, 15:44
It's funny to think that, before settling on Brawn GP, the team considered reviving the Tyrrell name :)

Is that true? blimey i missed that one, now i feel annoyed that they didnt call themselves tyrrell, in memory of a truly great man!

'and its the 2 tyrrells out in front, button from barrichello here in australia'
'jenson button/rubens barrichello wins for tyrrell!'

oh i wish, shame they didnt name it brawn, although ross deserves his own name on something, but its been a long time since anyone could say a tyrrell was a winner :( oh those bygone days......

jens
25th August 2009, 17:29
Nah, Brawn has no direct links to Tyrrell (BAR team was based in a completely new factory and what does a purchase of their superlicence count?), so it's good we have a completely new name on the grid, not a reinstated old one. In June, when there were rumours about some random people are trying to bring back Brabham and Lotus, it was discussed here that it's wouldn't be a good idea if those new teams have nothing to do with the old ones.

Sonic
25th August 2009, 17:48
Nah, Brawn has no direct links to Tyrrell (BAR team was based in a completely new factory and what does a purchase of their superlicence count?), so it's good we have a completely new name on the grid, not a reinstated old one. In June, when there were rumours about some random people are trying to bring back Brabham and Lotus, it was discussed here that it's wouldn't be a good idea if those new teams have nothing to do with the old ones.

Couldn't agree more. Ken sold his team to BAR but IIRC very few of the then Tyrrell staff chose to stay on at the renamed team. Most jumped to the stillborn Honda project.

The only way i'd want great names like lotus would be via the factory. As this is highly unlikely to happen let's leave the old names in the past and leave our memories intact.

gloomyDAY
25th August 2009, 18:38
Why is Nick Fry holding back on the names of his sponsors?
If they're all wallowing in cash, then we should at least get the names of the companies.

Makes me think it's all talk until there's something in writing.

yodasarmpit
25th August 2009, 19:02
If they're all wallowing in cash, then we should at least get the names of the companies.

Makes me think it's all talk until there's something in writing.Possibly one or more are direct competitors of Virgin.

52Paddy
26th August 2009, 02:09
That is BS.
Winning the championship will almost cover their financial needs for next season given the cost cutting measures agreed by the FOTA teams.
IMO they are looking a bit further up the road and trying to secure the future of the team for more years to come.

That's why I said 'not necessarily' ;) Nothing is sure until the word comes out, regardless of how likely it be.

Saint Devote
26th August 2009, 03:24
The funding for 2009 at least was always secure and it is great news that it is secure for several more years.

It would not have ideal to call the team Tyrrell.

It is the Brawn team as much as Tyrrell was Tyrrell and Jordan Jordan and so on. The name provides a core and Ross is that person.

It is like cars suddenly revived like "Bugatti" and even the new "Bentleys" - these makes are not what they were.

Trying to revive the dead is not right.

All these names had their time. Its like installing all these old drivers into cars - NO!!!!! Your time is past.

Knock-on
26th August 2009, 09:57
The great names in Motorsport live on regardless of whether they are currently around.

I remember the last night of drinks down the Mucky Duck with the Tyrrell boys and it was the end of an era. That’s to take nothing away from the successes of BAR or Brawn etc but a little of the DNA of Tyrrell will always be part of the makeup of the team just as your great Grandfathers contributed to who you are.

Perhaps that’s a slightly romantic stance but I pity F1 “fans” that think this is purely a business and don’t get to experience the tradition and romance of the sport. According to them I am wrong and personally, that makes me quite proud :D

ArrowsFA1
26th August 2009, 11:25
Probably so that there is more impact when they are all announced at the new car launch. Then again, these days the media are likely to keep digging to find out who they are. In the next few months there will be various rumours and 'leaks' (or guesswork!!) all met with a "no comment" from Brawn.

AJP
26th August 2009, 11:29
That is BS.

I totally agree with you ioan. Brawn have proven themselves to be a strong racing team. Invigorating F1 along the way through very tough times for all.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually reading ioan's posts again.

:)

Knock-on
26th August 2009, 11:40
Probably so that there is more impact when they are all announced at the new car launch. Then again, these days the media are likely to keep digging to find out who they are. In the next few months there will be various rumours and 'leaks' (or guesswork!!) all met with a "no comment" from Brawn.

Also, it would be a bit disingenious to carp on about next years sponsor when they have one for this year.

Bad form old chap, even if tricky can't keep his dicky buttoned up :laugh:

ioan
26th August 2009, 12:49
I totally agree with you ioan. Brawn have proven themselves to be a strong racing team. Invigorating F1 along the way through very tough times for all.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually reading ioan's posts again.

:)

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

ClarkFan
27th August 2009, 02:23
Also, it would be a bit disingenious to carp on about next years sponsor when they have one for this year.

Bad form old chap, even if tricky can't keep his dicky buttoned up :laugh:

But this year's sponsor has already anounced that they are bailing for another team because they prefer the "image" of a new, sure-to-be-back-of-the-field outfit. If Branson gets binned by the new anouncement, serves him right.

Besides, he got in on the cheap. Virgin is not paying anywhere near the going rate for primary sponsors, part of the reason he is moving - can't afford a first class fare. Brawn's real 2009 "sponsor" is Honda.

ClarkFan

truefan72
27th August 2009, 02:51
good news for brawn :)

truefan72
27th August 2009, 02:59
could it be Braun?